Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

Holy shit, I just barely beat Infernal.

Team was:

B Cordelia: Brave Bow+, Luna, LaD 3, Axebreaker 2, Threaten Def ,+1 Atk Seal

Xander: Bonfire, Fury 2, QR 2, Fortify Def 3, +3 HP Seal

S Camilla: Gronnraven+, TA 3, G Tomebreaker, Hone Attack 3, Fortify Res 1 Seal

3* Oliva with just Dance and Hone Attack 2

Shamefully taught B Cordelia Axebreaker 2 by throwing away a 3* Laslow. That really sealed the deal, letting her quad and one round Legion, so she could now kill anything on the map in one go.

Sent Cordelia up, killed the first Legion on the right. Repositioned her with Camilla and danced Camilla into the lower right fort and broke the top right wall so she'd be attacked by both the archer and blue mage.

Next turn, both enemies attacked Camilla, she left them each with about 1/3 HP left and took about 2/3 damage herself. The left Legion broke the lower left wall, the red mage broke the upper left wall. The blue mage spawned at the bottom. Had Camilla kill the archer, then Olivia danced her and she killed the blue mage. She was still in the left Legion's range now., but not the red mage's. I killed the new blue mage with Cordelia and moved Xander to the fort tile left of Camilla.

Next turn, Xander got attacked by Legion, 0 damage and Xander hit him down to like 15 HP back. Red mage attacked him and CLUTCH XANDER lived with 5 HP thanks to the fort bonus and left the mage with about 4. Blue cav spawned and lower Legion spawned.

Now I had to kill all 4 units that turn to not lose somebody, and I just barely saw a way to do it. Camilla moved to the fort tile above Xander and killed the left Legion. Xander moved and killed the red mage. Cordelia moved up and one shot the cav, Olivia danced her, and then she one shot the last Legion too. BAM. Didn't have to deal wth the red cav on the bottom or the Legion that spawns on top since that ended the map.

Too bad that wasted 2 stamina potions and a Laslow. That was really tough for the units I have, and I don't think I could have beat it without teaching somebody Axe Breaker. Legion is just way too fast for B Cordelia or Tharja to double him without help. If my Tharja was +spd (she's +attack/-hp) she could have doubled with a speed buff, but alas. Xander with Fury could only tank so long when not on fort tiles, and Ike was getting fucked up by Legion doubling him so he could only tank a turn or two before he'd go down, so I had to delete from range or I wouldn't last.

Edited by Alkaid

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infernal was nasty and I kinda only got away with some of the Legion one-rounds due to having a merged +Spd Nino with Fury 3 (putting me at exactly the right 43 Spd for Hone to let her double...). Tackled it with my Arena team plus Olivia. Had to reconfigure Eirika rather significantly to allow her to duel the Legions in order to keep up a proper rate of killing. Also had to swap Nowi from Spur Res to Fortify Def to cover more buffs.

Team used:

• Nino +Spd/-Def 5* +3 (could be replicated with a +1, though, as the Spd is the only important benchmark) - Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3
  • Eirika +Atk/-Def 5* - Reposition, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 2, Axebreaker 3, Hone Spd 3, Fortify Res Seal 1
  • Nowi 5* +2 (merges likely don't matter as she only takes on the red mage) - Reposition, Bonfire, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 2, Fortify Def 3
  • Olivia 4* - skills were all inconsequential, although Wings of Mercy almost ended up being utilized. She's there to Dance and nothing else.

Don't have an exact move-by-move list of what I did, but I can give a general recount, which involved a rather lot of movement skill shenanigans.

1. Kill right Legion from below with Nino such that she can lure the blue mage in to die. Everyone else positions to camp the spawn point of the bottom reinforcements. Blue mage dies and the reinforcements spawn. Left Legion moves down and the red mage attacks the wall because reasons. Bow guy moves down and attacks the wall.
  2. Eirika kills the bottom Legion thanks to Moonbow. Not sure if +Atk made enough of a difference, but mine wasn't honed, so there's leeway there. Nino mashes the new blue mage. Nowi and Olivia take some time to reposition. Lance cav and bow guy move down. Left Legion and the red mage advance. Sword cav reinforcement spawns at the bottom.
  3. Fall back to the right corner while killing the sword cav. I ended up not doing it with Nowi because of danger zones, though Nino + Olivia can pretty much muscle through it and Eirika's also there in case that's not enough. Other stuff advances.
  4. Kill left Legion with Eirika. Kill blue cav with Nino. Move Nowi out into the open. Dance Nino and have Nino Draw Back Eirika to safety. Red mage suicides on Nowi. Bow guy advances again. Final Legion and a blue cav mage spawn at the top.
  5. Eirika Repositions Nino, who then gibs the bow guy (his Res is trash, so she mashes him through the defense tiles no problem).
  6. Both sides move closer, though I use Reposition to have superior coverage of the middle.
  7. Nino mashes the mage. I ended up dancing her, but since Legion got Fortify Res from the mage, I couldn't kill him that turn. So, I just hung back and let him come to me.
  8. Final Legion gets crushed by the power of Nino.
Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

Infernal is still beyond me. Giving Olwen Rbreaker helped lot, but I can't kill left down Legion quickly enough. After TT I will have to train Laslow for axe breaker I guess.

Next time I will be ready.

For those without a Nino, I seriously recommend F!Robin. Needs a bit of help to ORKO the Blue Cav Mage at the start without TA, but she's constantly useful against multiple enemies, including the spawning Blue Mage that she can 2RKO (ORKO if B Tomebreaker is still up and Ignis will proc), and later the Lance Cav from up top.

Just tried Lunatic once, failed. Going to use all my stamina on trying these tomorrow and blow what I have on the TT before sleeping.

Who should I give Axebreaker to? Who's a dealbreaker because I only have one Laslow? Giving it to Nino means giving up Desperation. Giving it to Soren means taking him instead of Nino which.. is probably a bad idea. Tharja, Athena, B!Cordelia (Vanilla), Kagero, Cain, Tiki, Takumi, Xander. Throwing out most of my strongest units here. I don't have Reinhardt or Hector. Nino only has Fury 2, Tharja is -ATK and *4.

I can't even comprehend beating infernal after what I just experienced, but I'm going to tackle this later.

Finally managed to clear Lunatic with Eirika, Linde, Soren, Olivia.

I gave Eirika Axebreaker 3 and Triangle Adept 2 so she can one-round the Legions.

This was definitely more challenging than the past several GHBs, which is quite welcome.

But my strategy doesn't work on infernal sadly. Maybe if I happen to pull a Reinhardt, or train up my Nino. But that costs stamina, which I need for the Tempest Trials...

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I can't even comprehend beating infernal after what I just experienced, but I'm going to tackle this later.

I'd give Axebreaker to a melee red unit, maybe pair it up with Triangle Adept. They could also tank the Legions which keeps your ranged units safe. I gave both to Eirika and she could one-round the legions. Worked like a charm for Lunatic.

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

For people still struggling with the lunatic difficulty, nstyler posted a video of clearing it with 4* free units without SI.

Basicly, Xander is a monster as per usual. Donnel has a neutral nature it seems, Olivia doesn't see combat and the final two are GHB units. I'm looking forward to an inferno clear though.

Edited by Bartozio

I was able to beat Infernal, took me a lot of tries, 4000 feathers, a Laslow, a Setsuna and a Ursula to beat it

Now i am curious if yxmkw will be able to beat the Lunatic difficulty, because i honestly can't see how he can beat Infernal

Edited by Ayaneru

A 3* run by mkv on Infernal is basically impossible, I think? If GHB units are also excluded, mkv has to rely on like... Stahl? At least he has access to Cecilia. So it'd be Stahl/Cecilia/Olivia, and I'm not sure what's good for the last slot.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

I beat Hard and Lunatic with Xander / Camus / Reinhardt / Cecilia. Haven’t tried Infernal yet but pretty sure it will annihilate me.

Will edit the OP soon to note the glitchy fort tiles.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just beat infernal after 300 stamina spent in attempts.

IS, wtf. You're drunk.

I need more infernal stuff, tho. Give us infernal story chapters (+60 free orbs), other infernal GHB, etc.

Seriously, it's... hellish (duh) but the sense of accomplishment you get is unexplainable.

Great job, dev team.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

Just tried Lunatic once, failed. Going to use all my stamina on trying these tomorrow and blow what I have on the TT before sleeping.

Who should I give Axebreaker to? Who's a dealbreaker because I only have one Laslow? Giving it to Nino means giving up Desperation. Giving it to Soren means taking him instead of Nino which.. is probably a bad idea. Tharja, Athena, B!Cordelia (Vanilla), Kagero, Cain, Tiki, Takumi, Xander. Throwing out most of my strongest units here. I don't have Reinhardt or Hector. Nino only has Fury 2, Tharja is -ATK and *4.

Wouldn't Kagerou be safest pick? She should be super effective  against Legion as well as infantry mages and even archer. Doubling Legion with her hopefully should kill them reliably.

well in the end beat infernal with my usual horse emblem team, needed a few tries but i just swaped Camus and Reinhards hones to Spurs and with some smart reposition it was np in the end.

10 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Wouldn't Kagerou be safest pick? She should be super effective  against Legion as well as infantry mages and even archer. Doubling Legion with her hopefully should kill them reliably.

thats the thing, Legion has so much speed that without any speed buffs kagero cant reliable double him unless you inherit Axe Breaker on to her. She deals fine with the infantery mages tough. In that regard giving Axe Breaker to Kagero might be best.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

I am pretty sure I was answering question who pick for axe breaker, did I not?

i know, i didnt contradict your statement. I was just adding to your excellent pick.

Beat Lunatic after a few tries with my recently-fleshed-out Twin Blades (Eirika, Nino, Tharja, Azura). Nino was MVP killing both units on the right side (prio due to cavalry mage) all by himself while the other three turtled near the bottom of the map, then returning to mop up reinforcements.

I gave Infernal a few tries but... yeah. Not this time, I think. Maybe after Tempest Trials end when I can focus on promoting and powering up more units, I can give the next one a shot.

i feel like such an idiot after spending heaps of stamina and finally finishing infernal then realizing i could have just inherited axebreaker to someone for a much easier time...

48 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Not +Atk and doesn't have Death Blow, Lnd or Moonbow, Best I can give her is Death Blow 2 from Hawkeye.