Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

Didn't need to give blessings to anyone new for the Elite Missions, my teams did just fine:

• Water: 
    • Fjorm, Siegbert, Elise, Cherche
  • Wind:
    • L'Arachel, BH!Roy, LA!Roy, Gunnthrá
  • Earth:
    • L!Ike, Cordelia, BB!Lyn, Myrrh
  • Fire:
    • NS!Corrin, TD!Nowi, NY!Azura, S!Camilla

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what sleep is. Slapped a wind blessing on Eldigan, gave him axebreaker 3 and put him in the Wind team with B!Roy, Gunnthra and Ursula. They decimated that. Then used Xander, LA!Lilina, L'Ephraim and Gleiprika to annihilate the Fire challenge. Now is time for rest.

Ended up having an easier time than I expected. Guess my PTSD from when Legion first came out and my roster wasn't that great still sticks with me. Had it required infernal I might have needed to bless a couple new units, though.

Water: Fjorm, Camilla, Cordelia, Ayra
Wind: Gunnthra, S Catria, Brave Lyn, Bride Lyn
Earth: L Ike, Micaiah, Lyon, Elincia
Fire: Xander, Camus, Arvis, M Grima

All the quests turned out pretty simple. Matthew is carrying an earth blessing right now so my team had to substitute him with M!Morgan.

• Water: Fjorm, Chrom, B!Ike, Serra
  • Earth: L!Ike, Reinhardt, B!Cordelia, PA!Azura
  • Wind: Gunnthra, Luta, Mia, Arvis
  • Fire: M!Morgan, Inigo, Ayra, Genny

Water took the most tries, Wind and Fire were really clutch victories though. Legion losing health after combat was the key to winning those. M!Morgan helped out plenty in Matthew's stead also.

I'll do an upload tomorrow of my team clearing it on Infernal. Gotta sleep for now.

I remember this map. Legion's map was one of the first GHBs I spent a LOT of time on trying to figure it out my own way...back when M. Robin, Nino, Sanaki, and Olivia solved all my problems for me. I enjoyed beating this map with my different teams. I haven't finished building everyone yet, so I need there are clearly some flaws I need to work on. But I'm overall satisfied with my team composition! 

• Water: Raigh, Nephenee, Nino, Jaffar - The easiest for me. Somehow I beat it on the first try? 
  • Wind: Gunnthra, Arvis, Innes, Mae 
  • Earth: Fallen Celica, Tana, Soren, F. Grima - This team needs some work. Celica replaced Ike and Grima replaced Sothe. Both need to be be built, but Celica's debuffs were SUPER valuable.
  • Fire: Legendary Ephraim, Lyon, Myrrh, Leon - Lyon is the major MVP. Love him to pieces!

@Zeo @mcsilas @DLNarshen @Infinite Dreams @tobuShogi @Poimagic 

Also Legion Infernal was possible to clear in one turn:

I'm sure you guys already got tired of daily videos. After finishing the second daily GHB rotation the intervals will grow larger, promised!

While this became much easier than I thought, there were some premieres:

• First time without Wings of Mercy
  • First time without Cordelia
  • First time Tana (just Reposition) and Cecilia

Perhaps I could find a way to solve this without Axebreaker on Elincia, but I didn't border. The problem was to quad Legion to proc GF, but to not deal too much damage (otherwise Legion would die after 2 hits), but also to not deal to few damage (to kill that Swordbreaker Mage in 2 hits). 

So, this is different. Least it's not Infernal.

Earth: For this I triggered 2 legion reinforcements in the first turn and there were 4 on the field. Ike is too slow man. Cleared with D!Ike, Springcina, Sonya and Nephenee. The archer would have been easy if I'd thought to being M!Robin.

Wind: Cleared with Elise, Xander, Camus and L'Arachel (Xander and Camus are S-rank buddies). So for a start I have Camus and Xander hold the forts. Camus takes out both mages with the red mage first and then gets a Luna proc to 1-shot the Blue lancereaver mage (I laughed seeing that.). Everyone but Xander moves south to take out the reinforcement legion while Xander camps the forts to take on more legions. The blue mage reinforcement is 1-rounded by Camus, everyone moves to help Xander as more legions die. The archer is taken out and I end up tanking the blue cav by having Camus and Xander hold position in the forts. L'Arachel finishes the cav. Fury on Xander is great, I'm shocked I didn't do it sooner.

Fire: Eliwood, Ursula, B!Lyn and Titania tear this map apart.

Water: Arvis, Nohrzura, Ayra and Fjorm clear this one easily. Took a try or two to figure out.

Had to replay each at least once, mainly because I didn't account for reinforcements on the first try often.

Fire: This was the trickiest, since my Fire Heroes are a weird bunch. I think my winning team was Fallen Celica, Valentine Hector, Olivia and Young Tiki. Hector did most of the heavy lifting, while the other three danced around and tanked hits.

Water: I went in with Refined Caeda, New Year Azura, Refined Felicia and Fjorm. This time, Caeda did most of the work, while Felicia took on the mages or helped with chip damage. I almost screwed up the positioning on my final turn, but I forgot Azura had the Guidance seal. Phew.

Wind: This was Marisa, New Year Azura (after changing her blessing), Nino and Brave Lyn. Nino swept most of the map, while Brave Lyn helped KO the mages.

Earth: Finally, I had Legendary Ike, Legendary Robin, Bride Cordelia and Elincia. Cordelia and Elincia were the heavy hitters, while Ike and Robin tanked or used their repositioning skills.

Overall, I was dreading the quests, but it wasn't so bad since you can mix and match units more freely.

Too busy to do all videos for these ones, but it's Lunatic so I'm not sure how interesting they'll be anyway.

For Wind I used Horse Chrom, Arvis, Nowi and PA!Olivia. Main account doesn't have a good 4th member for Wind yet. V!Eliwood doesn't do well in this map.

For Water I went the bladetome route with Axura/Skyzura, Nino, Fjorm and Summer Corrin

For Earth, I used Legendary Grima, L!Ike, Frederick and Cherche. High Atk stats are nice, Cherche deletes Legions easily. For my main I used L!Ike, Cherche, Siegbert and BK for a Tactics team.

For Fire I used L!Ephraim, Xander, Vector and Adult Tiki. TA Adult Tiki fought with Legion with ease. Not doing my other account yet because no barracks space for extra Legion.

Edited by mcsilas

I needed a couple attempts for most of them, but that's not much fuss anymore. Current blessings were plenty.

Water: Fjorm, BK, Christmas Robin, Hector

Wind: Sigurd, Ursula, Gunnthra, Clarine

Earth: Legendary Ike, Zephiel, Valentine's Lyn, Male Grima

Fire: Christmas Tharja, Legendary Ephraim, Amelia, Priscilla

Ended up giving water blessings to my flier team to make life easier for this and in the future, because my previous water blessing team wasn't cutting it. Did the water blessing quest (and infernal) with Tana, Elincia, H!Nowi, and Airzura, with some help from singing and galeforce shenanigans.

Fire was my standard team of Celica, Micaiah, Marisa, and Cherche which didn't give me much trouble.

Air was my secondary horse team of Horse!Eirika, L'Rachel, Camoo, and Titania. I expected this one to give me troubles but they ended up being tied for the easiest group somehow.

Earth was my dragons Corrin, Myrrh, A!Tiki, and Ninian which had no problems.

Edited by kirauza343

Finished all quest easy on Lunatic with:

Fire:
Soren, Ephraim (Legendary), Azama and Tana

Water:
Raven, Fjorm, Axezura and BrideLyn

Earth:
Ike (Legendary), Sanaki, Spring Camilla, BLyn

Wind:
Gunnthra, Saizo, B!Ike and Clair

which are basicly 4 main Teams i have built

Edited by Hilda

these quests are a nice change of pace:

earth: Myrrh, V!Ike, S!Robin, Genny

water: Amelia, Black knight, Fjorm, Serra

fire: Tiki, Ninian, Legion, BB!Lyn

wind: Gunnthra, Eldigan, Reinhardt, Priscilla

had to add a blessing to eldigan and reinhardt to make this work, micaiah and zelgius just couldn't do it.

otherwise, I didn't have to change anything up too much.

This was a lot easier than I remembered. Infernal wasn't bad at all and the only one that was much trouble was Earth where I had to give H!Henry a blessing and play around with positioning. I remembered lunatic being absolutely awful way back when, so it was nice to see that my teams have improved.

Really digging the zero stamina.

Also, Gunnthra best green cav girl. Sorrynotsorry

Edited by bottlegnomes

This map was a lot easier than I remember. Thanks, powercreep? I only beat it with Water and Earth so far.

Water: Fjorm, Eiricav, Nino, and Oscar

Earth: Bike, Vike, Delthea, Eldigan

Water was very easy. Nino and Eiricav could oneshot a large amount of the enemies, while Fjorm was able to take no damage from most of the mages with the defense tile. Oscar didn't do much, but his Firesweep helped when it did. It took me a bit to win with my Earth team because the blue mage that spawned at the bottom kept killing Vike or Eldigan, but I eventually managed. I'll probably do Fire by the end of the day too,  but I don't have a Wind Team so that might have to wait.

How annoying, I couldn't do the earth quest with 3 armors+Genny so I had to create a new earth team to sweep this map.

Water: Eirika, Cordelia, Sheena, Fjorm. 

Wind: Micaiah, Raven, Y!Tiki, Klein.

Earth v2: Lute, Hana, PA!Olivia, Minerva.

Fire: Reinhardt, Cecilia, Sigurd, Priscilla.

My Water and Earth teams absolutely demolished Lunatic, though I'd credit that to them being some of the best units in my box. I still don't actually have a wind or fire team, though, so I'll have to build those later tonight.

MVP goes to Bride Lyn, who tanked the Brave Bow archer and killed him on the counterattack to end the map in 2 turns for my water team.

Water (Spd-stacked melee infantry):

+10 Ayra [+Spd, -Res] (Ayra's Blade, Reposition, Regnal Astra, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3)
+10 Fjorm [+Atk, -Def] (Leiptr, Reposition, Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, Drive Atk 2, Quick Riposte 3)
+10 Raven [+Spd, -Res] (Basilikos, Reposition, Sol, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Threaten Def 3)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Candlelight+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Kindled-Fire Balm, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3)

Earth (Spd-stacked ranged fliers):

+10 Halloween Nowi [+Spd, -Res] (Grimoire, Reposition, Moonbow, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Hone Fliers)
+10 Summer Corrin [+Spd, -Def] (Blarblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Swift Sparrow 2, Desperation 3, Ward Fliers)
+10 Spring Camilla [+Spd, -Res] (Gronnblade+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Hone Fliers, Iote's Shield)
+0 Dark Robin (F) [+Spd, -Res] (Expiration, Bonfire, Dragonskin, Cancel Affinity 3, Res Smoke 3, Close Def 3)

One of these things is not like the others...

literally beat the last two robin GHB quests i had left today, right when they put out the new ones! anyway, like everyone else i'm super glad this is on lunatic instead of infernal. i've only blessed the absolute minimum number for each element, and i'm happy that all four of my teams beat legion without too much trouble and without me having to bless any new units (i'm a hoarder, what can i say).  it'll be interesting to see how my teams hold up on the other maps, but i'm enjoying this new mode much more than i expected.

Edited by geozeldadude

Thank goodness these were lunatic, I don't think I could have done them all on infernal.  I had to bless some more reds since I needed two per team to win, but I have the quests done.  I will work on finally beating infernal for this GHB latter.

Really glad that these quests weren't on infernal -- my fire blessing team is not the best (since I lack Ephraim) and the others are all missing key components that would really help out. But since it was just lunatic, I was somehow able to clear all of them with my current teams. Let it be known that I used Takumi, Oboro, Lyon, and PA!Olivia as my fire team.

I call this clear: Revenge

I did all the other quests too other than fire, because I'm lazy and only want orbs.

Water: Jaffar, Nino, Ninian and Fjorm

Wind: Miciah, Sothe, Fae, and Azura

I got all the quests done on my end, with the Wind team being the only I screwed up on and even then it was only once.

Water: +2 Fjorm (+Atk/-Def), Happy Vampire Henry (+Atk/-HP), Devoted Monster Jakob (+Atk/-Res), Caring Princess Celica (+Res/-Def)
Wind: Gunnthra (neutral), Brave Lion Roy (+Spd/-Res), Spring Whitewing Catria (+Atk/-Def), Brave Lady Lyn (+Atk/-Res)
Earth: Vanguard Legend Ike (neutral), Micaiah (+HP/-Res), +2 Klein (+Atk/-Res), Lady of Ballads Azura (+Spd/-Atk)
Fire: Legendary Lord Ephraim (+Res/-HP), Sorcerous Prince Leo (+Def/-Res), Cecilia (+Spd/-Def), Sigurd (+Spd/-Res)

Lunatic was easy with element teams.

Water: Ayra, Dierdre, PA Olivia, Fjorm

Earth: L!Ike, Miciah, Cherche, Valter

Wind: Gunnthra+3, B Lyn+2, Sigurd, Camus

Fire: Elincia, Tana, Minerva, Flyzura

I didn't complete infernal Legion the first time, so I still got to do that.  Pretty brutal when you are surrounded by 4 Legions N, W, E and S.  

Beat it easily. Having free reign over your choice of units is great.

Water: Fjorm, LA!Eliwood, Black Knight, Hector 

Wind: Alm, Joshua, L'Arachel, PA!Inigo

Earth: L!Ike, LA!Hector, LA!Lyn, M!Grima

Fire: Celica, Lilina, Myrrh, PA!Olivia