Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

15 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Hector is freaking amazing. QR and Vantage at the same time? No IV combo really hurts him and he can rock -Attack and survive doing so? And can get even better if you run a full armour team? Yeah no, 2nd best unit in the game after Reinhardt. No contest. Saying Hector sucks because you can use a red unit to beat him is like saying Reinhardt sucks because Julia/Soren/Fae can tank him and kill him.

---

Archers aren't used in the arena for good reasons: they universally kinda suck outside of B.Cordelia (who's still overrated). Lower BST means lower stats, and they're physical hitters. Low res is more common than low def. They don't have access to bladetome which means mages completely crush them. They also don't have any horses so that just widens the gap for some of the mages vs archers.

And then there are their builds. Favourite general set up is a quad build when possible... except when defence tiles show up in arena that set up just completely falls apart while Bladetomes can still plow through a large number of units sitting on those tiles. It also makes already tissue paper units well, turn to 1-ply tissue paper units. They get sneezed on, they die. And if you don't use the quad build... if you don't have a legendary bow you're doing pretty crap damage. And with a legendary bow you're still behind the non-dagger/healer classes for damage output... and still have pretty bad defences unless your name is Gordin. In which case you have no speed and your defence doesn't matter because you get doubled to death.

Archers just don't have a role. Not with their current limitations. Not even B.Cordelia is saving them. Too much risk for inferior reward when compared to bladetomes.

Hector isn't even close to Top 2 in this game. Even if you exclude the undisputed 3 best unit in the game because they are a broken game mechanic, a lot of Blade tomes and Braves is much more effective, and theres Zero risk involved when you can use the most overpowered skill in the game that is Reposition to get them out

on Offense, Hector is actually super shaky because he's a High Def low Res unit in a meta that is basically ruled by Mages. Even outside this he only have 1 Mov which basically force him to have a shit ton of support to even work properly to get in and get out. He scales badly with support unless you stack like 3 Ward Armor on him.  He requires a ridiculous amount of support to get used, he requires just as much support to remove the risk of using him(lol 1 mov), he can't even support by himself, and the worst part is that while he's still good enough for what it is(because he's green and being green alone makes you like B tier and Green with Distant Counter is like A+) all you get from this is what is essentially a worse Julia.

on Defense its Hector, a unit who is so overcentralizing at Defense because he's so bad, you can get EZ high score deathless by sniping 7 Hector Lead by having the perfect combination of being zero threat because of 1 mov, being common because people thinks he's an S+ Tier unit for some unknown reason, being able to make Olivia, Azura, and Ninian seems balanced because his badness neutralizes their threat level by reducing potential moves to predict from 6 to 4, and having high scoring despite this

The only real tier where Hector can be considered (S+) is a tiering for BST bracket since he's objectively the best score hunter in the game with HW, high basic SP cost, and not being free

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Refa said:

Is it worth investing in Clarise over a +Spd/-Def Takumi?

Probably not, Takumi's base offensive parameters are 32/36 with a +spd, which is better than Clarisse's 31/34.

11 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Probably not, Takumi's base offensive parameters are 32/36 with a +spd, which is better than Clarisse's 31/34.

Wow, Clarisse's bases are more underwhelming than I thought.  Now the real question is whether or not it's worth investing in a Brave Bow+ build.  Currently running Vantage Takumi but I heard the Brave Bow+ build was the way to go (although +Atk/-Res is recommended so who even knows!).  FE Heroes is hard.

Wow, Infernal... Hasn't played it but... is that more hard that friking Tempest Trial? Wow... And I thought I was going to have a fun time here haha

I guess IS caught on to how player sacrifice their 4* GHB units as skill fodder and train up the 3* one since Legion's GHB map rewards a total of 1 3* Legion, 2 4* Legion, and 2K feathers.

Cleared the Hard map on first try though I was caught off guard by the reinforcements.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, TheNiddo said:

Hector is freaking amazing. QR and Vantage at the same time? No IV combo really hurts him and he can rock -Attack and survive doing so? And can get even better if you run a full armour team? Yeah no, 2nd best unit in the game after Reinhardt. No contest. Saying Hector sucks because you can use a red unit to beat him is like saying Reinhardt sucks because Julia/Soren/Fae can tank him and kill him.

A player-controlled Hector can at least force an AI-controlled sword user into his Quick Riposte, but Hector gets worn down fast because he is forced to take hits because he loses Quick Riposte quickly and he typically cannot one-hit a sword-user with Vantage without prior damage. Furthermore, he is utterly destroyed by red and green magic, even without taking Raudhrblade and Gronnblade into account.

An AI-controlled Hector is literally a free win to anyone who knows how to deal with one, and every mid- or high-range arena team is typically over-prepared for him.

A player-controlled Reinhardt has no trouble avoiding enemies he cannot defeat, not like there are many of those to begin with, and he never takes a counterattack because you aren't attacking the few things he can't defeat out-right. Compared to Hector, there are a lot fewer things Reinhardt fails to kill.

An enemy-controlled Reinhardt either needs to be baited with a target, which needs to be one of the few things he cannot defeat, or needs to be tricked into ending his turn away from his allies and inside your attack range. Both of these are far more difficult do deal with than Hector, who has virtually zero map coverage and is only a threat if he has Wings of Mercy and you failed to kill something.

Time to see how much fun Legion's maps are.

alright, cleared the lunatic map. Reinforcements caught me a little of guard, but if they still die to Nino and Ryoma, there's no problem. Camus and Olivia pulled their weight as well.

Time to see how bad infernal difficulty is.

Cleared Infernal with the ussual strats of clearing the other stuff and then

ahem

WITNESS THE MIGHT OF ELIWOOD GREATEST KNIGHT OF ALL LYCIA

And then i loses at Lunatic. Help

Edited by JSND

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Wow Infernal is balls to the wall here. I can't clear the bottom fast enough to deal with the Brave Bow guy.

Enemies only spawn as you kill them (and might be locked to Legion, in particular), so going slow might be best here.

Cleared the Lunatic Map already with Xander, Linde, Nino and Olivia... It was... Actually more easy of what I thought... But I'm sure it will be impossible to pass Infernal with the same team.

I don't have more stamina right now, and I'm not going to use a potion since is sleep time already, so I'll take my video of Lunatic in the morning. See ya later

Okay I beat Lunatic, but god damn, Infernal might not be doable. Legion is just too damn fast, and I can't double him even with speed buffed Tharja with her usual Darting Blow.