Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

First infernal attempt went pretty well. It came down to that damn archer. On the defence tiles I couldn't kill him with Frederick and Bowbreaker!Ursula. At least not after also having Ursula kill the red and blue melee cavs the same turn.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, after burning through a stamina potion and 3 orbs, I finally beat Infernal. 

I used this guy's strategy, except I used Xander rather than Ryoma:

I beat Lunatic using both Robins, Selena and Xander (Seriously, dropping Rallyqueen Eirika was a good call), after several attempts with Eirika going about as you'd expect for this map. Seriously, 4* Xander takes all the Legions very well, the only change needed for this map. Is 4* Xander good for Infernal? Any notable stat thresholds I'd have to break to have a chance with the map?

I'm still trying to see if there's a way to beat this without having to dump 20k feathers on Xander, because I don't think it's worth doing that for a third Legion and only 2k feathers in return.

Infernal was a lot of fun, forcing me to actually think as opposed to just steamrolling with Horse Emblem.  I had to cheese a it bit by giving Axe Breaker to Xander, but between that and Triangle Adept, he was able to oneshot all the Legions.  Cecilia handled almost everything else, while Reinhardt's most important contribution was to kill the initial red mage and the surprise red cavalry.  Azura ensured everyone was where they needed to be.

Holy. I thought no GHB would escape me anymore. I might be back to the point where I lack the necessary resources to win.

I'm out of ideas and skill inheritance fodder to give Infernal any more tries and I need to invest back into the Tempest Trials. It perhaps would be doable with what I have but I don't want to be wasting too many stamina potions.

:(

Infernal Legion is hands down the hardest thing that's been released by the devs. Spent two potions among all of the difficulty settings and had to adjust my team multiple times before victory shone upon me. I had to spend all of Reinhardt's sp on an A skill and special to make things easier, shuffle around seals, and switch around skills. 

Hopefully everyone else finds a reasonable place to settle...the infernal reward isn't all that worth it anyway but Legion himself looks quite good for an offensive axe. Best team composition appears to be a red that can handle multiple Legions, two mages (one of whom is probably Reinhardt and the other green), and a dancer.

My team (mostly for my own reference):

Spoiler

Lv 40 5*Nino (+Res/-Hp)

• Weapon: Gronnblade+
  • Assist: Draw Back
  • Special: Iceberg
  • A: Darting Blow 3
  • B: Desperation 3
  • C: Hone Atk 3
  • S: Quickened Pulse 

Lv 40 5*Xander 

• Weapon: Siegfried
  • Assist: Swap
  • Special: Ignis (Bonfire might work)
  • A: Attack +2
  • B: Quick Riposte 2
  • C: Spur Def 3 (Wasn't important)
  • S: 

Lv 40 5*Ninian (+Atk/-Spd)(Didn't see combat)

• Weapon: Light Breath+
  • Assist: Dance
  • Special: Moonbow
  • A: 
  • B: Escape Route 3
  • C: Fortify Def 2
  • S: Fortify Res 1 

Lv 40 5*Reinhardt (+Res/-Def)

• Weapon: Dire Thunder
  • Assist: Reposition
  • Special: Moonbow
  • A: Death Blow 3
  • B: Blue Tomebreaker 3
  • C: Goad Cavalry
  • S: Attack +1

I'm trying right now with.

Lilina with AxeBreaker (no blade tome just the Bolganone)
Ursula with Bowbreaker (no blade tome or horseemblem buffs)
Azura with Hone Atk 3
Frederick with Fury 3 and a Brave Axe +

Lilina can ORKO the Roro's. Frederick ORKO's everything blue aside from the damn cav near the end on the defence tiles. Ursula can shoot anything red and wrecks cav's and the archer if I find a way to engage them away from the defence tiles.

Azura notably on turn 1 takes no damage from the red mage.

Just when GHB started getting easy, this rolls around... Holy crap that was hard! But Horse Emblem came through for me in the end. Camus, Cecilia, Reinhardt, and Xander succeeded in pulling it off. I sacrificed an Eliwood upon the altar of Cecilia to give her Axebreaker 1. The skills on my team were:

Spoiler

59441923ef68c_HorseEmblem1.thumb.jpg.a986954c3ed1765d5cd12482bdefa1b8.jpg

Except Camus and Xander have Reposition, Cecilia Axebreaker 1, and Camus Draconic Aura. The QP seal was on Reinhardt, Atk +1 on Cecilia, Spur Def on Xander, and HP +3 on Camus.

On the first turn, I had Cecilia ORKO the Legion on the right, and I positioned Xander to take a hit from the archer, and Camus the red mage. The blue cav mage suicides on Cecilia, while Xander & Camus weaken their respective targets on the return fire. I put Reinhardt below Camus.

Second turn, Camus comes down and kills the blue mage reinforcement, and then I have Reinhardt attack the Legion, and Cecilia finishes it off. Xander moves above Cecilia, where he'll tank another barrage from the archer after the lance cav opens the wall. The red mage suicides itself on Camus's Vantage.

Third turn, Reinhardt and Cecilia move to the lower right corner and take out the sword cav reinforcement. Camus and Xander move to safety.

After that, I don't recall the exact moves, but I mostly just picked off the remaining units while remaining out of harm's way.

I used the Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia/Olivia strategy that someone posted to beat Infernal. Bow user survived, but fell to Xander on the counter attack on Turn 2 where he took out the left most Legion and of course the Archer.

Did it with Xander, Camus, Julia, Olivia. Won on the 5th attempt and managed to do it without any zany skill investments I'd never use otherwise.

2 hours ago, Korath88 said:

itI'm still trying to see if there's a way to beat this without having to dump 20k feathers on Xander, because I don't think it's worth doing that for a third Legion and only 2k feathers in return.

Definitely don't need Xander, but he does a great job here and happens to be an excellent unit anyway. Any red should cut it depending on stats/skills/support. Just don't forget about Panic if you expect to take a hit.

20 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Ventus has a no-SI clear of the Infernal map featuring 5* +HP/-Def Klein, 4* neutral male Robin, +Def/-Res Stahl, and +Def/-HP Olivia.

That was posted on the previous page...

4 hours ago, Kiran said:

Someone finished infernal in two turns...When the strategy is to kill everything before reinforcements spawn. Damn I should have done that.

Reveal hidden contents

I ended up needing to 2 turn it to beat the map. I placed my units on the first turn and didn't attack anyone, then on enemy phase, Nino took out the Blue mage and Linde softened the Red mage. This meant only 1 Legion spawned at the bottom of the map. Second turn, I had desperation Nino take out the archer, had Linde finish the red mage and then I arranged Axebreaker Ryoma and Lucina in the range of the only remaining enemies, 3 Legions, is such a way that every one of them would be down by the end of the enemy phase. The 4th Legion and the four other reinforcement never had the chance to show up.

Took me several times and tons of stamina before I did it though.

Can't thank @MaskedAmpharos enough for recommending Wings of Mercy on Olivia a couple weeks ago. It synergises so well with Desperation and, Fury users. She's the definite MVP of both my Lunatic and Infernal run. 

Completed all maps with Jeorge, Reinhardt, Xander and Olivia. I had to give Xander Axebreaker 2 from Laslow for Infernal. I found Lunatic harder, since there was quite a jump from Hard. Jeorge could easily double and kill Legion on Hard but not on Lunatic and Infernal, so I found myself needing to adapt a bit. When I sorted out the strategy for Lunatic (mostly abusing Olivia like a mad woman), the same strategy worked great for Infernal too :)

Had to also use a stamina potion for this because all the free stamina has is dedicated to Tempest, ahh it's a little mean this happened during Tempest, but I'm also kinda glad for it, since I get to do something other than tempest (and get a new character plus feathers :3).

Overall I had loads fun with the map. I really like how they're bringing the new mechanics for the GHBs, and the Infernal level's pretty great since most people have SI-ed units. It really does give a better challenge.

After a lot of tries and... 2? I think it was 2 Energy potions i managed to beat Infernal with a team of Nino, Linde, Roy and Olivia. Took it pretty slow. Nino started on the left Legion then Dancedrawback, and Linde baited the Red Mage in the middle meanwhile. Lots of careful positioning to clear the enemies that could reach me after that. Didn't really leave the down part of the map at all. Roy only really got to block two remaining Legions by the end of it (although he certainly helped killing them).

Edited by salinea