Grand Hero Battle: Legion!

Vaximillian

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beat Lunatic with Camilla, Tharja, Reinhardt, and Ninian.

I want to try Infernal but I can't double with my Red Tome. I have one spare Laslow for Axebreaker 2/3. Suggestions to who to give it to between Tharja and Sanaki?

Complete list of 5* and 4* in spoilers if anyone has Infernal team comp ideas:

Spoiler

5*

Tharja
Camilla x2
Ninian
Reinhardt
Marth
Roy
Eirika
Masked Marth
M!Corrin
Ryoma
Sanaki
Sharena
M!Robin
Spring Chrom
Minerva x2
Gordin
Bridal Lyn x2

4*

Marth
Navarre x2 
Roy x2
Lloyd
Chrom x2
M!Corrin
Lon'qu
Olivia
Masked Marth
Hinata
Laslow
Draug x2
Zephiel
Cain x2
Xander
Palla x2
Adult Tiki x2
Donnel
Gwendolyn x2
Jagen
Abel
Camus
Sully x2
Peri
Clair
Subaki
Odin x2
Ursula
Barst x2
Legion
Bartre x2
Raven
Arthur
Sheena x3
Gunter
Michalis
Narcian
Fae x3
Boey
Nino x2
Soren
F!Robin
Cecilia
Gordin
Jeorge
Rebecca
Virion
Niles
Matthew
Jakob
Saizo
Kagero x2
Wrys x2
Serra
Lucius
Lissa
Azama x2
Priscilla

Cleared Infernal on the first try (To be fair, lunatic took 2 as I ironed out the strategy).. This was hands down the easiest hero battle to date for me, just because I happened to have the perfect units for it. Robin(M) took out the archer and fire mage with R Tome Breaker equipped. Nino took out the blue horse cav, and along with Olivia's dancing, weakened a few legions. Then on the enemies phase, Roy and Olivia finished off the last 2 legions with the power of Triangle Adept, GG.

Beat Lunatic in 2 tries.

Spoiler

Xander (Fury 3/Vantage 3/Glowing Ember/Repo),

Olivia (Defense+2/WoM2/Hone Attack 2/Spur Def)

Nino (Fury 2/Desperation 2/Hone Attack 2/Draw Back/Moonbow)

Kagero (Death Blow 2/Axebreaker 1/Hone Spd 2/Repo Aid)

Axebreaker Death Blow 2 Kagero was a great idea. It was just a matter of positioning the right units to make sure the right units were lined up to take the hits. Infernal is a different story. The extra reinforcements really mess up the game. Namely the Sword cav reinforcement at the bottom that no one can OHKO, and the fact that not only can't Xander OHKO but he can't move from the defense tile or Legion will kill him (4-6 Damage). Nevermind the lance cavs which can kill him even on the defense tile.

Still fiddling around, but I only have 1 stamina potion left, so I'm going to have to figure this out and quickly.

Finally beat Infernal difficulty. Ran 5* Klein (neutral, no SI), 5* Reinhardt (+Atk/-Spd; has Lancebreaker, Death Blow 2, Atk +1 seal), 4* Olivia, and 3* Olivia.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Man, this is the most fun I've had with a brutal difficulty in Heroes or in FE in general in a long time.

Even if I had to use 3 stamina potions from my stock of 71... Damn I had *A LOT* of fun.

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Apparently I need to get myself a Hana

Infernal GHB with all melee units

You'll need a +Atk Hana and a Brave-Sword+ to reach 52 base Atk (and a +Atk seal), the seal can be skipped---51 base is sufficient with Hone's +4---but +Atk and Brave-Sword can't, losing 3 Atk misses the 2HKO.

If you don't already have a Hana (or +Atk Lucina) ready, then you're spending 40k feathers just for a GHB. And, even if you do, unless they're running a Brave-build, that's 20k feathers for the brave+.

6 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

You'll need a +Atk Hana and a Brave-Sword+ to reach 52 base Atk (and a +Atk seal), the seal can be skipped---51 base is sufficient with Hone's +4---but +Atk and Brave-Sword can't, losing 3 Atk misses the 2HKO.

If you don't already have a Hana (or +Atk Lucina) ready, then you're spending 40k feathers just for a GHB. And, even if you do, unless they're running a Brave-build, that's 20k feathers for the brave+.

Did you remember to factor in personal bias?

Hana main btw

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Did you remember to factor in personal bias?

Hana main btw

Personal bias can't generate 40k feathers from thin air. Although, personal bias can generate a $200 USD drop in your bank account, which can then generate a lot of trash pulls, which can generate feathers via being sent home, I guess.

Nothing against Hana as a unit, her spread's pretty good, and L&D being part of her default kit means that her L&D Brave-Sword+ set is actually as cheap as it gets until someone with L&D and Brave-Sword comes out.

Edit: Lucina's a bonus hero in Tempest Trials, though.

Edited by DehNutCase

11 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean I already beat the GHB on all difficulties, so it wouldn't be for that. 

Truth be told, I just like Hana and was considering building a Brave Sword Hana for a while anyways. This is just convincing me even more is all. Still waiting to pull a +Atk Hana though. 

16 hours ago, TheNiddo said:
Spoiler

Archers aren't used in the arena for good reasons: they universally kinda suck outside of B.Cordelia (who's still overrated). Lower BST means lower stats, and they're physical hitters. Low res is more common than low def. They don't have access to bladetome which means mages completely crush them. They also don't have any horses so that just widens the gap for some of the mages vs archers.

And then there are their builds. Favourite general set up is a quad build when possible... except when defence tiles show up in arena that set up just completely falls apart while Bladetomes can still plow through a large number of units sitting on those tiles. It also makes already tissue paper units well, turn to 1-ply tissue paper units. They get sneezed on, they die. And if you don't use the quad build... if you don't have a legendary bow you're doing pretty crap damage. And with a legendary bow you're still behind the non-dagger/healer classes for damage output... and still have pretty bad defences unless your name is Gordin. In which case you have no speed and your defence doesn't matter because you get doubled to death.

Archers just don't have a role. Not with their current limitations. Not even B.Cordelia is saving them. Too much risk for inferior reward when compared to bladetomes.

Do you have the numbers to back it up? Bride Cordelia may be the only archer who has a role, but she is an archer nonetheless.

Defense and Resistance are not really relevant since initiating against an enemy is almost always preferred over being initiated on by an enemy.

B!Cordelia with full Eirika buffs is currently the ONLY character who can exterminate the entire neutral, non-SI cast sans Effie. In the right hands, B. Bows are just as good as Blades since they reliably activate Specials and completely ignore WTD besides the uncommon Ravens. Here is the topic I made about Bride Cordelia.

Here are the numbers for waifus and lil bro on steroids riding ponies.

Spoiler

Cecilia 5*40+10 [+S,-R] G.blade+
LnD3, A.breaker3
Spd+1, H. Cav., F. Cav.
125W, 2L, 12D

Olwen 5*40+10 [+S,-D] B.blade+, Moonbow
LnD3, L.breaker3
QP, H. Cav., F. Cav.
134W, 2L, 3D

Ursula 5*40+10 [+S,-D] B.blade+
LnD3, L.breaker3
Spd+1, H. Cav., F. Cav.
134W, 2L, 3D

Leo 5*40+10 [+S,-D] R.blade+
LnD3, S.breaker3
Spd+1, H. Cav., F. Cav.
121W, 0L, 18D

And what can a real waifu do again?

Spoiler

B!Cordelia 5*40+10 [+A,-R] B. Bow+, Luna
LnD3, S.breaker3
HP+3, Eirika (3A, 4S, 4D, 2R)
138W, 0L, 1D

Keep in mind Cordelia needs only a little TLC from Eirika (Ephraim is disgusting) to reach her potential, while ponies need a ménage à trois.

You do have a point about defensive tiles. Using previous setups, B!Cordelia loses to Olwen and Ursula, ties with Cecilia, and outperforms Leo. However, baiting enemies out of defensive tiles is not exactly hard.

Spoiler

Olwen/Ursula
128W, 2L, 9D

B!Cordelia/Cecilia
120W, 2L, 17D

Leo
111W, 0L, 28D

12 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do you have the numbers to back it up? Bride Cordelia may be the only archer who has a role, but she is an archer nonetheless.

Defense and Resistance are not really relevant since initiating against an enemy is almost always preferred over being initiated on by an enemy.

*snip*

You probably shouldn't be ignoring Reinhardt, though.

+Atk/-Res, Close Counter, -blade, Vantage, +6 all stats.

127 wins, 12 draws on offense.

122 wins, 4 losses, 13 draws on defense. (This means, unlike B.Cordelia, he can overextend and still survive---this, in addition to his +1 move, means that positioning is far easier with Rein than with Cordelia. Cordelia is made of tissue paper, Reinhardt is basically diamond with only 4 losses.)

121 wins, 18 losses, 0 draws on defense with 1 hp.

This build has similar offenses to Cordelia, while also being a complete monster on defense due to not needing his A-slot, meaning he can run Close Counter.

L&D 3 pushes him to 135 wins, 2 losses, 2 draws on offense---at the cost of his hilariously strong defenses, of course.

Edit: Comparable offenses (slightly worse), uncomparable defenses (Reinhardt dies to about 10% the units B.Cordelia dies to), and significantly better mobility---he's on a horse.

Double Edit: The best part about this Reinahardt? His support units can also be Reinhardt---unlike B.Cordelia, who wants someone like Eirika and Ephraim who doesn't come close to her offenses.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally bias can't generate 40k feathers from thin air. Although, personal bias can generate a $200 USD drop in your bank account, which can then generate a lot of trash pulls, which can generate feathers via being sent home, I guess.

The things people do for their favorite units, man.

I understand perfectly well that the investment is pretty substantial, and the result might have not very much utility at all even in other GHBs, but not everything needs such a pragmatic approach. Like the unit? Use them, by all means.

Maybe it's because my Hana is +Atk

I've already beaten Infernal so this really doesn't affect me either way.

It took me 8 tries, but I finally managed to beat this on Infernal. For me, this was the by far hardest GHB yet. Most of the tries were testing out and finding units to counteract the massive amount of enemies, finding the weak links in my team and replace them. I haven't had that much fun in Heroes for quite a while, and it was a welcome change to the tedious Tempest Trials Grind.

Spoiler

Lilina was the MVP of my Team, killing all Legions thanks to Axebreaker (finally you were useful Laslow), tanking and killing the Red Mage and most important of all, the damn Bowdude with a charged AoE-Nuke (The sole reason she carried the Quickened Pulse Seal was to charge her up in time after nuking the second Legion in Turn 2.) Repositon allowed her to instakill the right Legion Turn 1, being danced and rescue Olivia out of BlueMageknight's range while positioning Olivia next to Cordy. I'm not sure if TA2 made any Difference though, it probably didn't.
Cordy unfortunately needed the HoneAtk to destroy the BlueMageknight thanks to being -Atk. Other than that, she exploded the RedCav, and tanked the Reinforcement BlueCav from the north to be exploded by Nino a Turn later.
Nino needed the +Spd Seal and the +Spd Boon to be able to double the southern BlueMage thanks to me not having any Hinatas for Fury3. Other than that, she got rid of the BlueCav and duelled the second BlueMageknight at the End. Initially I tried Titania for this duty, but she just couldn't get rid of the BlueMage due to only reaching 39 Spd (mine is a +Spd +1 Merge).
Olivia danced a few times for Lilina to get her to kill stuff and buffed Cordy. The pillar of my Success here.

Now that the Fun is over, it's going back to the Grind I guess. 20000k points won't come from nothing. I just hope that the future GHBs will include Infernal again. For the Challenge and the extra Copy.

1 minute ago, SakuraFish said:

Cordy unfortunately needed the HoneAtk to destroy the BlueMageknight thanks to being -Atk. Other than that, she exploded the RedCav, and tanked the Reinforcement BlueCav from the north to be exploded by Nino a Turn later.

You can always give Cordelia L&D 1 from a 3* Hana to fix that---it's not like she needs TA3 for anything.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

You can always give Cordelia L&D 1 from a 3* Hana to fix that---it's not like she needs TA3 for anything.

Yeah I could've done that, but why going the extra effort if a simple HoneAtk, which is there anyway, can fix my problem? I would've given her LnD2 from one of my Hanas though if I were using her more. She's mostly a benchwarmer for me nowadays.

Just now, SakuraFish said:

Yeah I could've done that, but why going the extra effort if a simple HoneAtk, which is there anyway, can fix my problem? I would've given her LnD2 from one of my Hanas though if I were using her more. She's mostly a benchwarmer for me nowadays.

That's fair---mostly I just slap low level L&D on everyone because I have like 2 dozen Hanas. (And no Hinata.)

24 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

The things people do for their favorite units, man.

I understand perfectly well that the investment is pretty substantial, and the result might have not very much utility at all even in other GHBs, but not everything needs such a pragmatic approach. Like the unit? Use them, by all means.

Maybe it's because my Hana is +Atk

I've already beaten Infernal so this really doesn't affect me either way.

This is a single player game with the exception of the arena anyway.

Like have you guys seen a 5 star Wrys?

I wouldn't hesitate to sac 5 stars for Ninian.

Edited by shadowofchaos

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I wouldn't hesitate to sac 5 stars for Ninian.

Like a 5* adult Tiki or Nowi to pass Lightning Breath+ to Ninian?

I guess those days are coming back to haunt you, eh?

23 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Like a 5* adult Tiki or Nowi to pass Lightning Breath+ to Ninian?

I guess those days are coming back to haunt you, eh?

The problem with that is I like vanilla weapon builds unless the initial weapon isn't fitting to begin with.

Like Armorslayer on Kazahana.

Point is: People like characters. And will do suboptimal things and no one should judge them for that

Every dancer waifu I had belongs to Belinda now

infernal is a bit too tough for me, spent 8 pots and couldn't do it. I can kill the Legions fine with Lilina + Axebreaker and Kagero but then I get overwhelmed by the other units that popup. F.Robin with TA3 can't one round the Blue Mages without her special up, then again she only has Gronraven I need to 5* a Cecilia. 

20 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Like have you guys seen a 5 star Wrys?

Yeah, I saw one on a person's arena defense. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.  Also, that was a close call for your Eliwood 2 HP remaining is scary.

Spoiler

NZDMGui.png

33 minutes ago, Fei Mao said:

Yeah, I saw one on a person's arena defense. A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.  Also, that was a close call for your Eliwood 2 HP remaining is scary.

Hide contents

NZDMGui.png

HP+3 clutch yo.

I may have to forgo this guy. I've already blown through 180 stamina. Uncluding my last potion (Yeah, when I was a worse player/had worse units, I blew lots of potions on things like the Celica fortress map, Robin GHB, Navarre and especially the Ursula GHB). If I want to refill I have to use Orbs now, which I basically never want to do. With that much stamina I could have QP in TT at this point.

It's really going to bother me though. Everything is rough. Kagero can't OHKO Legion on Infernal even with DB2. She has to have Hone Atk or else he survives with I think 4 or 6 HP (Meaning Death Blow 3 probably). Nino has to have at least 2 buffs to kill reliably and even then she still can't kill the sword cavaliers. She's the only one that can kill the bowman (if Kagero takes damage she can't oneshot Legion), Xander can't OHKO anything but he has to stay on the defensive tiles or else Legion can kill him (He kills Legion and the red mage by the 2nd turn but he's left with 1HP).

Giving Nino Axebreaker means forgoing Desperation then she can't kill the brave bowmen, forgoing Kagero means I have no way to oneshot Legion, Olivia has Ruby sword but Legion still hurts her and she'll die from a skill proc depending on the Legion.

Lance units are completely out, without Xander I can't reliably kill the red mage, my blue mages suck (No Reinhardt!) B!Cordelia can't OHKO. I'm not sure what to do. Wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't so strapped for stamina. 2000k Feathers and another Legion probably aren't worth Quickened Pulse or even the 3 orbs that come after.

Edited by Zeo