Has anyone else lost Ragnarok when turning Celica into a Rigain?

Don't worry, that's normal. Weird as crap, but normal. Kind of awkward seeing your healer losing her most important spells. :p

Upon overclassing, spells-using characters loses some spells, but they regain them at the same level they first leaned it.
An example, Faye, upon overclassing to Exemplar,will lose her Anew spell that she gained , but she will regain it after reaching the same level she learned it the first time. The same apply to Celica.

Here's the learned spell list on Serenes for reference. It's usefull.

https://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia/characters/learned-spells/

Edited by B.Leu

It acts as if you promoted into the second tier again, for some reason. So say, back when you finished Ch. 3 and Celica promoted at level 14, she would have learnt Excalibur at level 2 Princess. Upon Over Classing into Rigain, she would need to reach level 2 once again to get Excalibur back.

9 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It acts as if you promoted into the second tier again, for some reason. So say, back when you finished Ch. 3 and Celica promoted at level 14, she would have learnt Excalibur at level 2 Princess. Upon Over Classing into Rigain, she would need to reach level 2 once again to get Excalibur back.

Add the bad growths with them and it looks like your gonna need some shards

53 minutes ago, BakanGin said:

Add the bad growths with them and it looks like your gonna need some shards

What bad growths lol? The overclasses don't decrease your growth rates. In fact, they actually have better growth modifiers than the regular classes.

Edited by Korath88

Thanks. I was kind of worried about that since Ragnarok is a spell I found useful in some tricky situations (or over killing). I didn't want to have to use Delthea for that when I go into the Thabes Labyrinth, since my team is already set, even if Delthea is one of the top tier mages with, arguably, Mae and Sonya.

6 hours ago, Korath88 said:

What bad growths lol? The overclasses don't decrease your growth rates. In fact, they actually have better growth modifiers than the regular classes.

I was told they don't sorry

6 hours ago, BakanGin said:

I was told they don't sorry

Well, to be fair, growths in this game are pretty crappy in general. Without the shards, the Starsphere, the DF loop or the Pitchfork along with training them up to level 20 before promoting each time, capping any stat besides HP on some characters is basically outside the realm of possibility, especially for characters / classes that don't promote three or even four times.

If IntSys does release an Apotheosis-esque challenge map, I hope they release a patch alongside it that allows any class to go back to Villager and start over.

Edited by DragonFlames