"And then they disappeared..." (Spoilers)

They seem like lazy writing at times. With Kamui it does fit, and we know from his base conversation that he already up and disappeared on his family after all. With Kliff I wish that they had at least had his kid mention something about what happened to him. I mean Kliff just disappears, and then his "kid" comes back but mentions nothing about what happened to his dad? It feels incomplete to me at least. Sonya's ending is a good example of what they should have done with Kliff. She disappears as well but rumors start up about what may have happened to her.

Deen's ending also has him disappear but I think it also fits his personality. His Gaiden ending did it better though:

"After the war, he unexpectedly disappeared along with the Brave Sword.Rumors say that he crossed over to a continent to the south in search of new conflicts."

In the Japanese version, Kliff showed up with his son years later. In the localized version, it's just his son.

I prefer the Japanese/original ending for Kliff in SoV, and I think it's pretty obvious for why I do.

EDIT: "After the end of the war, Kliff informed Alm that he was leaving and subsequently disappeared. After that, he wasn’t seen again. He is said in legend to have traveled to a different continent, though it was never confirmed. After decades, he returned to Valentia with a son and served the King. It was said that he was an excellent mage.

[Translator’s Note: The King here is left unspecified. One might assume that it refers to Alm.]"

This is the original Japanese ending, courtesey of /u/unosarta in this reddit post he made awhile back.

Edited by N30

17 minutes ago, N30 said:

In the Japanese version, Kliff showed up with his son years later. In the localized version, it's just his son.

I prefer the Japanese/original ending for Kliff in SoV, and I think it's pretty obvious for why I do.

EDIT: "After the end of the war, Kliff informed Alm that he was leaving and subsequently disappeared. After that, he wasn’t seen again. He is said in legend to have traveled to a different continent, though it was never confirmed. After decades, he returned to Valentia with a son and served the King. It was said that he was an excellent mage.

[Translator’s Note: The King here is left unspecified. One might assume that it refers to Alm.]"

This is the original Japanese ending, courtesey of /u/unosarta in this reddit post he made awhile back.

Ah, I completely forgot about that version. I'm sure it's referring to Alm though.

I like the attempt to give us more clarity with what happened to Ike using Priam in Awakening. But Priam had little importance or story himself. We don't know if Ike found the outrealms, who he canonically ventures with, who he impregnates, nothing. But the biggest flaw is no real reason for Ike to just disappear from Tellius. We don't even know who leads the Greil Mercs because Titania is still Deputy Commander in her ending. 

Usually characters with this ending makes sense, like Navarres or the silent types. People who keep to themselves will be mysterious to the end. For Kamui, it's in his character. For Ike, it isn't. For several Marth characters, it isn't.