Favorite Exclusive Weapon

Arthur97

Favorite Exclusive Weapons  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Exclusive Weapons (pick your favorite design for Falchions)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I know, Zephiel's doesn't look like a real word either.

The actual term is taken from Ecke + Sachs

So your kinda right in a sense that its not an actual real word, its 2 separate word combined into one

Really if we did not know any better we would be saying stuff like "Excalibur isn't a real word"

Edited by JSND

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Doesn't make it not look like I slammed my face into the keyboard.

im sure some people who are not familiar with english words would say the same about english

it's hardly even the more difficult of the nordic words, anyway, honestly fairly straightforward

Edited by Thor Odinson

1 minute ago, Thor Odinson said:

im sure some people who are not familiar with english words would say the same about english

it's hardly even the more difficult of the nordic words, anyway, honestly fairly straightforward

Maybe, but I don't speak Norse. Some words just look weird and fake, okay? Even some in one's native tongue.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Maybe, but I don't speak Norse. Some words just look weird and fake, okay? Even some in one's native tongue.

I don't either and the point is that it's rude to be calling other people's languages fake-looking if you can't pronounce it, or at least do some research before calling things fake

6 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I don't either and the point is that it's rude to be calling other people's languages fake-looking if you can't pronounce it, or at least do some research before calling things fake

Let's dial back the social justice. It looked very similar to asdfghjk at a glance. If someone takes offence at that, then they should be less sensitive.

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Let's dial back the social justice. It looked very similar to asdfghjk at a glance. If someone takes offence at that, then they should be less sensitive.

My question is that do you speak more than just English and is English your first language?

Because I can see Lumi's point here.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just now, shadowofchaos said:

My question is that do you speak more than just English?

Nope, but speaking other languages would not change the fact that such a minor comment really should not be a problem. Someone will take offence at almost anything. Does that mean that we should walk on eggshells for a select few people who have chips on their shoulders the size of Manhattan?

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Nope, but speaking other languages would not change the fact that such a minor comment really should not be a problem. Someone will take offence at almost anything. Does that mean that we should walk on eggshells for a select few people who have chips on their shoulders the size of Manhattan?

Its more a matter of perspective.

Since you immediately went on to the defensive of "social justice" when you clearly don't appreciate that some of the weapon names have meaning behind them, it kind of makes you look like the one that is ultra sensitive to any minor correction.

22 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Let's dial back the social justice.

This doesn't have anything to do with social justice.

Even so, "Valaskjálf" looking more like "asdfjd" or whatever doesn't make what you said any less rude. Never mind telling a stranger over the Internet how they're supposed to act wasn't already rude in and of itself.

There are numerous references to Norse mythology in Fire Emblem, Heroes in particular; the starter Askran units all have weapons with words straight from Norse, and Ragnarök describes the Nordic end times, to name a few. Just think before you speak next time, please?

6 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Its more a matter of perspective.

Since you immediately went on to the defensive of "social justice" when you clearly don't appreciate that some of the weapon names have meaning behind them, it kind of makes you look like the one that is ultra sensitive to any minor correction.

Maybe I'm just sick of social justice warriors? It's a strange conondrum.

The mere fact that someone even criticized someone for those comments is ridiculous.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

This doesn't have anything to do with social justice.

Even so, "Valaskjálf" looking more like "asdfjd" or whatever doesn't make what you said any less rude. Never mind telling a stranger over the Internet how they're supposed to act wasn't already rude in and of itself.

There are numerous references to Norse mythology in Fire Emblem, Heroes in particular; the starter Askran units all have weapons with words straight from Norse, and Ragnarök describes the Nordic end times, to name a few. Just think before you speak next time, please?

I'm aware of the Norse references, but no one should get that bent out shape because a word bears resemblance to the typical keyboard gibberish. That's how it looks. Get over it. It was a simple comment and then everyone treats it like an insult to their mother. If that bends you out of shape so much then you won't do so well in real life.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Maybe I'm just sick of social justice warriors? It's a strange conondrum.

The mere fact that someone even criticized someone for those comments is ridiculous.

are you really a "social justice warrior" just for pointing out that something is a real word

no one was even being "criticized", they just posted a link with a slightly sarcastic 3 word post

i don't see why that even warranted a response, it seemed like it was just there to inform people that it is in fact, a real word

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It's not related to social justice or anything. You just look ignorant.

I didn't even make the comment. It just looked like I hit random keys, especially without the accent marks which I do not believe my computer can produce. English words look weird too. Like oppossum. Why does it have an "o"? I don't know. English is weird too!

4 minutes ago, unique said:

are you really a "social justice warrior" just for pointing out that something is a real word

no one was even being "criticized", they just posted a link with a slightly sarcastic 3 word post

i don't see why that even warranted a response, it seemed like it was just there to inform people that it is in fact, a real word

It was just the way they said it.

Anyway, I am not PC, nor will I ever be PC, so let's just get back to the weapons.

5 hours ago, Aera said:

Why does Valaskjalf look like you just asdgklsdg the keyboard...

Steps to name weapons, as coined by IS...

Step 1 - Set language to Nordic, Swedish, or something that sounds fancy

Step 2 - Type random shit

Step 3 - Put in vowels

Step 3a - Let autocorrect take the wheel

Step 4 - ???

Step 5 - Profit!

8 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I didn't even make the comment. It just looked like I hit random keys, especially without the accent marks which I do not believe my computer can produce. English words look weird too. Like oppossum. Why does it have an "o"? I don't know. English is weird too!

It was just the way they said it.

Anyway, I am not PC, nor will I ever be PC, so let's just get back to the weapons.

There's a difference between being politically correct and simply not being a dick. 

Forgive me for probably touching nerves, but I personally fail to see how people are offended. Sure, it could've been taken in a manner that was meant to offend people of other languages, but honestly the whole keyboard asdfghjkl thing was a joke, and this has spiraled wayyy out of control. Some people need to learn to not say something potentially offensive when you don't know who's around, and others need to learn to take a joke. Simple as that

Hold. Is it not simply Serenes Forest etiquette to not "derail" threads? I say, such ill-manners towards your own etiquette system is simply not done! You shall desist such discussion at once, for this thread is one regarding the the community's favourite "exclusive weapons" contrary to this topic. 

Now I shall state, I have grown mildly fond of the Naga tome. ...Oh yes, and perhaps Ragnarok.

Edited by Clarine

7 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

There's a difference between being politically correct and simply not being a dick. 

I agreed with comment someone else made and said another name sounded ridiculous  (which actually was a fake word), and I got filletted for pointing out how ridiculous people were being for being so sensitive about something so stupid. So, no, I don't feel guilty about it. If anything, you're behaving worse by straight up calling names. 

Edited by Arthur97

3 minutes ago, Big Smoke said:

Forgive me for probably touching nerves, but I personally fail to see how people are offended. Sure, it could've been taken in a manner that was meant to offend people of other languages, but honestly the whole keyboard asdfghjkl thing was a joke, and this has spiraled wayyy out of control. Some people need to learn to not say something potentially offensive when you don't know who's around, and others need to learn to take a joke. Simple as that

The joke was hardly the problem (to me, at least), but Arthur's attempt at defending it were poor.

17 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

The joke was hardly the problem (to me, at least), but Arthur's attempt at defending it were poor.

You try fending off the offended hordes. And I am terrible at gritting my teeth and moving on.

58 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You try fending off the offended hordes. And I am terrible at gritting my teeth and moving on.

I simply pointed out I can see Lumi's side of this as someone that is trilingual and an outside observer to what occurred.

I was in no way offended with what you said. Simply that you don't seem to be considerate in this instance.

Edited by shadowofchaos