How much impact do the linked bonus from the data transfer have?

I'm thinking about getting myself a secondhand GC, or a backwards-compatible Wii, with secondhand copies of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn (amongst the three Zelda games, the two Pokémon Colosseum games, and F-Zero GX). (The really big problem? The expensive price tag of the two Tellius game, to levels I consider unheard of in other secondhand games. I'm wondering whether I should get a emulator instead, just for those two games...)

My reasoning behind is that not only do I want to experience the Tellius story, but I also want to get the data transfer and the resultant "link bonus" in Radiant Dawn. (I discussed this with a fellow SF-er in a General Gaming thread and it seems like a potential VC for Switch may not have the transfer bonus.) And I am wondering just how much does the linked bonus change. Is it just Ike's support with whoever the bonus is assigned to? Or are there other changes as well? Did the link bonus impact your playthrough a lot?

The only transfer bonuses that really matter are: one Second Playthrough only Soren-Ike scene obtained from having a A support between the two in a PoR transfer file.

And two: the stat transfer bonus, which you can do perfectly without. That said, if you want to raise some characters for the bonuses, Jill and Nephenee benefit the most from them- and Jill with a little rigging via resetting for good levelups at Base via BEXP can reasonably cap Str, Skl, Spd, and Def. Nephenee should be able to get Str, Skl, Spd; which will help counteract her doubling issues when she first joins in RD (throw her you Dracoshields and a little rigging and she can hit Def too). Ike can in all likelihood get the same four core stats to cap with little if any rigging, and he'll appreciate the Spd, particularly on a Second Playthrough. 

You also can get an extra spirit dust in FE10, if Boyd x Mist reach A support in FE9 and also do in FE10.

Quite a bit if your name is Jill or Nephenee.

It's more appropriate.

Sothe is prepromoted and the lifesaver in part 1 so there's no reason to make him even more OP unless you're playing LTC.

Edited by アリサ ラインフォルト

Thanks everyone! I see that there's not as much that matters (at least not with the sheer price tag). I'm going to get a (backwards-compatible) Wii anyway as I can't play F-Zero and Pokémon Colosseum 1/2 without it anyway. As for the Tellius games, I guess I'll wait and see for a possible VC release, then.

Edited by henrymidfields