General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

4 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

In Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors there's a badge system that can improve various parts of a character, most notably expanded attack strings/charge attacks. Is there anything like this in other Warriors games i.e., Dynasty and Samurai Warriors? Or can a character do any attack at their disposal at hour one as they could at hour 100?

Typically, a character's charge attacks and strings expand as you level them up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do we know of Bond Conversations so far?

Chrom and Marth praise each other and Marth says the former reminds him of Anri.

Chrom and Ryouma discuss their nations' sword techniques, with both of them trying to convince the other that their respective country is the best. This will no doubt end with them reaching a stalement and commenting on how a fusion of their styles would cover any weaknesses their techniques might have.

Corrin and Xander have a conversation, though I don't remember what the snippet was about.

Then we've got a following confirmed list from the Twitter event:

F!Robin x Leo
Camilla x Frederick
Elise x Lissa
Lyn x ???

No doubt F!Robin and Leo will discuss tactics, but I wonder what the other three will be about. I can see Camilla trying to flirt with Frederick, who remains either completely oblivious or immune to her charm.

Why are people still calling Lyn a clone of a speculated character? Even if she did share a moveset with Navarre, I would think he'd be a clone of her, not the other way around. Or are people pretending they know how late characters were made in development of the game? Whatever logic it is, we only see Lyn so far, and she was here first.

39 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Why are people still calling Lyn a clone of a speculated character? Even if she did share a moveset with Navarre, I would think he'd be a clone of her, not the other way around. Or are people pretending they know how late characters were made in development of the game? Whatever logic it is, we only see Lyn so far, and she was here first.

She was shown first. Big difference. Logically, Navarre probably would have come first because he's from SD; they just showed Lyn first because she's more popular. Honestly, there's more reason to think she's a clone than not.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

She was shown first. Big difference. Logically, Navarre probably would have come first because he's from SD; they just showed Lyn first because she's more popular. Honestly, there's more reason to think she's a clone than not.

But what does SD have to do with anything? We're a week out from release and still just one confirmed character from that focus game. That should speak volumes about how low priority SD is in general. You can't just assume Navarre was developed first when he's not even a lord, or on that special edition boxart. Conversely, Celica is more of an educated guess, since she shares a moveset with a character we (A) know is in the game, and (B) was one of the first characters teased to be in the game.

2 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Because people are trying to be as negative as physically possible, theres the true answer. To the point where they go beyond reasonable and start grasping at invisible straws.

Edited by Jedi

3 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Have you seen her gameplay? She shows quite a bit of dual wielding, something that she isn't known for, but do you know who it's actually "famous" for dual weilding? A certain scarlet swordsman, so it's kinda safe to say that the moveset was created with Navarre in mind.

Just now, Sbuscoz said:

Have you seen her gameplay? She shows quite a bit of dual wielding, something that she isn't known for, but do you know who it's actually "famous" for dual weilding? A certain scarlet swordsman, so it's kinda safe to say that the moveset was created with Navarre in mind.

We still don't know if Navarre is even playable, he could potentially be an NPC . While its likely he is and he is shown dual wielding in art and the OVA, I'm still not going to call it 100% confirmed until I see it properly.

I guess thats just me being an information person, even with the potential and high chances, I like seeing before I start saying things like this explicitly.

Just now, Jedi said:

We still don't know if Navarre is even playable, he could potentially be an NPC . While its likely he is and he is shown dual wielding in art and the OVA, I'm still not going to call it 100% confirmed until I see it properly.

I guess thats just me being an information person, even with the potential and high chances, I like seeing before I start saying things like this explicitly.

I know that he might be an NPC, in fact "don't be hyped yet" it's the very first thing I thought when his leak appeared, it's just that, if he were to be playable, it doesn't seems fair to me to call Lyn the original just because she was announced first.

7 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

I know that he might be an NPC, in fact "don't be hyped yet" it's the very first thing I thought when his leak appeared, it's just that, if he were to be playable, it doesn't seems fair to me to call Lyn the original just because she was announced first.

Thats fair, sorry I kinda jumped the gun in calling people out. 

I just have my own personal salt to deal with in terms of this game for once, and thats the cloney movesets, making me mildly unreasonable at points and I apologize.

8 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Thats fair, sorry I kinda jumped the gun in calling people out. 

I just have my own personal salt to deal with in terms of this game for once, and thats the cloney movesets, making me mildly unreasonable at points and I apologize.

Don't worry, most people have something to be salty about when it comes to this game.

Personally, I don't like having clones either, specially when it's a character that should be unique, be it because it's a main character or because it has a prf weapon. At the very least Lyn stands out more than the other clones, because her specials are more over the top as they come from the GBA.

18 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Don't worry, most people have something to be salty about when it comes to this game.

Personally, I don't like having clones either, specially when it's a character that should be unique, be it because it's a main character or because it has a prf weapon. At the very least Lyn stands out more than the other clones, because her specials are more over the top as they come from the GBA.

Yeah, honestly I'm still really excited for this game, I just finally had my moment of "why". 

Did any Warriors games aside from HWL allow picking multiple characters and switching between them? Also, my fairy question got ignored, so I'll ask it again: Did they ever fix the glitch where the game froze when you tried to name a fairy you had acquired in Adventure Mode?

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Did any Warriors games aside from HWL allow picking multiple characters and switching between them? Also, my fairy question got ignored, so I'll ask it again: Did they ever fix the glitch where the game froze when you tried to name a fairy you had acquired in Adventure Mode?

For character switching, several Warriors games do it. Two off the top of my head are...

Warriors Orochi 3 - Allows up to three characters to be selected, but there is only one controlled at a time. The other two are held in reserve until swapped out. (I got this for the Wii U, but there are various versions of WO3 for other platforms.)

Samurai Warriors Chronicles - Allows up to four characters. Only one is controlled at a time, but the other characters were active in battle and can be swapped to on the fly. SWC is probably the most similar to Fire Emblem Warrior's system.  (This title on the 3DS is what got me into the Warriors series as a whole. There is a 2nd one out, but I haven't played that one yet.)
As for the fairy question, I do not have Hyrule Warriors Legends, so I can't answer that, sorry.

Edited by Sire

What's up with the Dynasty Warriors 8/9 thing? During TGS, KT is promoting DW8, except that's already a thing in the West, and the TGS thing is apparently DW9. A person said that the numbering is off between East/West for the games, and I'm wondering why that is.

And I got my question answered in the TGS topic. Japan does not count DW1 as DW1 because it plays more like a fighting game than the Musou gameplay the series would later be known for.

Edited by Konnor97

3 hours ago, Konnor97 said:

What's up with the Dynasty Warriors 8/9 thing? During TGS, KT is promoting DW8, except that's already a thing in the West, and the TGS thing is apparently DW9. A person said that the numbering is off between East/West for the games, and I'm wondering why that is.

And I got my question answered in the TGS topic. Japan does not count DW1 as DW1 because it plays more like a fighting game than the Musou gameplay the series would later be known for.

Yeah, DW1 is a fighting game. A weird one at that, Warriors Orochi 2 even has an alternate mode based on it.

Does anyone know from previous Warrior games the expected DLC total?

Outside of Lyn, Tiki and Celica (who I want a magic alternative for her), there aren't many people I want to play as. The likelihood of Ike, Hector, Eliwood, Roy, Ephraim, MIcaiah, Sigurd and Azura DLC are likely - however, how much would I be looking at paying overall for this?

5 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

The likelihood of Ike, Hector, Eliwood, Roy, Ephraim, MIcaiah, Sigurd and Azura DLC are likely - however, how much would I be looking at paying overall for this?

Well HW had a $20 for 5 movesets (YL, Dominion Rod, Horse, TM, Tingle) deal, and HWL had $15 for 6 movesets deal. Both games tossed in Medli for free too.

Am I the only one who thought Zelgius could work as the Lu Bu here? I really hope he'll be added along with Ike...

Anyway, I want to play this game, but I wonder how it'll be.

What if Nabarl is actually an enemy at first? Becoming an NPC after beating him (or having a condition like in the game) to be at our side? This way, he'll become playable along with Validar,... with one update?

14 minutes ago, Metakirby said:

Am I the only one who thought Zelgius could work as the Lu Bu here? I really hope he'll be added along with Ike...

Nah, but I've personally thought Camus would work better in the role considering the game restrictions and how Lyn & Celica are likely the only outliers until DLC. 

Also I bet its conditions in game to get people like Navarre if that theory is true.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Nah, but I've personally thought Camus would work better in the role considering the game restrictions and how Lyn & Celica are likely the only outliers until DLC. 

Also I bet its conditions in game to get people like Navarre if that theory is true.

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on the roster so far? Do you think there is more there, or that this is it? Opinions on some of the characters being semi clones?

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Out of curiosity, what is your opinion on the roster so far? Do you think there is more there, or that this is it? Opinions on some of the characters being semi clones?

It's bizarre, and I despise clones from m Dynasty Warriors 6 and partly 7 days, I do like how the game generally looks. 

I think they'll be showing us more this evening, although its looking more and more like the Class Clone movesets are a reality, and as people have debated with me before have told me "thats actually like FE because stats are what matter not how they move" I don't agree with it in the slightest but it may be what they're going off of.

2 hours ago, Moondrag said:

...oh man, we STILL don't know what Amiibos do. Most Nintendo games that have Amiibo support normally have a video about what they do, but this game hasn't given a lip of info.

Probably just random weapon drops like HW.

Ok, just did a look on the JP website for FE warriors, in the Product section, using a Fire Emblem character amiibo gets you a weapon (Likely unique to that amiibo.) Using any other amiibo gets you weapons, Materials, or gold. You can use them 5 times a day...so yeah, it's exactly like Hyrule Warriors.