General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

13 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Wait, really?

I wish there was some indication of who can and can't use staves...

I'm pretty sure the only characters who only get staves on Promotion are the Pegasus Knights and Corrin. Lissa, the twins, Elise, and Sakura can all use them at base, the only character I'm not sure of is Celica, since I promoted her immediately.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GeminiJ said:

1. Yes. The upgraded weapon is like the Masted Sword in Hyrule Warriors, it's the same weapon but with improved stats.

2. As soon as you want, really. So long as you dont put too much on one weaker weapon, but even if you do, any skill on any weapon can be reobtained, so you're never going to permanently lose any skills. I'd advise against making a "perfect" weapon until you get a 5-star 6 slot brave weapon. For the characters with their own custom weapon, go ahead and do it as soon as you want to, since it'll retain all the skills on it when you unlock the potential anyway, you just have to deal with the lower might until then.

Thank you!  I was worried about wasting resources, but I think I'll just go put Divining on all my good steel weapons so I can farm some materials. ;)

1 hour ago, GeminiJ said:

1. Yes. The upgraded weapon is like the Masted Sword in Hyrule Warriors, it's the same weapon but with improved stats.

Speaking of which, do you have to do something crazy to unlock the true power of the personal weapons like was the case with the Master Sword in HW (which required unlocking all weapons, then getting 25000 KOs using it; Legends upped the ante by giving it a new skill, which required 25000 KOs, which weren't counted until you obtained all + grade weapons, and knocked down Evil's Bane to 10000 KOs)?

19 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Speaking of which, do you have to do something crazy to unlock the true power of the personal weapons like was the case with the Master Sword in HW (which required unlocking all weapons, then getting 25000 KOs using it; Legends upped the ante by giving it a new skill, which required 25000 KOs, which weren't counted until you obtained all + grade weapons, and knocked down Evil's Bane to 10000 KOs)?

You need Mastery Scrolls for each weapon, obtained from level 60+ missions in History Mode. So it'll be a while until you can get them, but you don't need to go around unlocking everything.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

You need to get the mastery scroll for each weapon, then basically get the character to "S-Rank" and then get 10k kills with the weapon. 10k kills isn't as hard as it sounds with most characters, you can easily get it in 3 missions by doing the Level 2 mission in the first History map, and spamming C2 (two light attacks followed by one heavy) attacks into largish crowds. Doing this can net you +4000 kills in just one mission. The only one I had trouble with was Camilla, who took a bit longer.

6 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

You need Mastery Scrolls for each weapon, obtained from level 60+ missions in History Mode. So it'll be a while until you can get them, but you don't need to go around unlocking everything.

4 hours ago, GeminiJ said:

You need to get the mastery scroll for each weapon, then basically get the character to "S-Rank" and then get 10k kills with the weapon. 10k kills isn't as hard as it sounds with most characters, you can easily get it in 3 missions by doing the Level 2 mission in the first History map, and spamming C2 (two light attacks followed by one heavy) attacks into largish crowds. Doing this can net you +4000 kills in just one mission. The only one I had trouble with was Camilla, who took a bit longer.

Okay then.

Who needs the last boss's materials for badges?

4 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Okay then.

Who needs the last boss's materials for badges?

Just Rowan-rowan-rowan-your-boat and Lianna, I think. I only got the silver item drop, but it's not showing up on anybody else's sheets. Unless the bonus characters need it?

Edited by Anomalocaris

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Just Rowan-rowan-rowan-your-boat and Lianna, I think.

Okay then. I hope DLC doesn't give us another case of needing to farm drops off a very uncommon enemy, like was the case with Toon Zelda needing Ganon stuff (about the only instance of being able to farm his stuff that's feasible is on the Koholint map, which has a shuffling forces mission where taking too long to defeat the real Dark Ganondorf has Ganon show up - it's the one right under Young Link's level 4+ weapon mission)...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Damn I just did Anna's battle on Awakening History Map, my team was at level 60 (rip Frederick who died, level 30..) 

And I just won it (it was the hardest thing I've did)  But I wonder.. Is there a Anna battle for every history map? I've unlocked her but I wonder. 

27 minutes ago, Metakirby said:

Damn I just did Anna's battle on Awakening History Map, my team was at level 60 (rip Frederick who died, level 30..) 

And I just won it (it was the hardest thing I've did)  But I wonder.. Is there a Anna battle for every history map? I've unlocked her but I wonder. 

Yes, all five illustrations unlock a unique Anna mission. Beating any of them will unlock her.

3 hours ago, Green Tees said:

2. Is there a mode like in Hyrule Warriors where you just whale on people for a timelimit?

Like said game's rack up your KO count missions? Yeah, history mode has some of those.

4 hours ago, Metakirby said:

I'm doing it right now myself.

...With a level 40-ish team.

5 minutes ago, Metakirby said:

Good luck! My 60 Rowan saved the team as they were some at 50 and Fred at 30 xD 

Yeah, it didn't work out. Don't get me wrong, I was able to defend my allied base and slowly whittle away at the enemy, and even got all the way to the final opponent, but then time ran out. A whole hour of my life, wasted...!

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Yeah, it didn't work out. Don't get me wrong, I was able to defend my allied base and slowly whittle away at the enemy, and even got all the way to the final opponent, but then time ran out. A whole hour of my life, wasted...!

How is the enemy's power level?

47 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

So I literally just bought FE Warriors on the 3DS and the only other warriors game I have played it Hyrule Warriors. Is there anything I should know going into this game?

Have fun, mechanically its basically a more refined HW with more of a focus on FE mechanics.

2 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Ah I'm sorry to hear it, I've took 30min myself with my overpowered Rowan so I understand! 

1 minute ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Alright, I should feel at home with this game then.

Yeah I think you'll be fine, of course if you come up with any specific questions, I can try to help (or others who've played as well).

9 hours ago, Green Tees said:

1. Where are some good grinding chapters for materials, gold, and experience?

2. Is there a mode like in Hyrule Warriors where you just whale on people for a timelimit?

These can both be answered by the same thing: History Mode.  Look for the Timed missions.  One variant is "kill X number of enemies within the time limit".  The other is "kill as many enemies within the time limit".  You'll want the latter.

1 hour ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

So I literally just bought FE Warriors on the 3DS and the only other warriors game I have played it Hyrule Warriors. Is there anything I should know going into this game?

I'll give you my take.  This is my first-ever Musou game.

- Pay attention to the weapon triangle.  Like any good FE game, it can be safely ignored if you're horribly overleveled.  It will help a lot later on in the game, when enemy levels catch up to yours.
- Effectiveness (bows to fliers) REALLY matters.  If you can hit that effectiveness, enemies will melt.
- Pairing up is useful.  Don't leave home without it.  Try to mix weapon types, for greater weapon triangle control.
- It helps to level everyone, since certain History Mode maps have unit restrictions.  For example, one map is "mounts only".
- There's a micromanaging element, in the form of giving the other characters orders.  This will absolutely save you in later maps, where you have objectives all over the place.
- You can skip the character's outro by pressing Start.  The outros are cool the first time around, but get stale really quickly.
- There's no shame in playing Casual, unless you really like grinding.
- Choose your Master Seal recipients wisely.  Their job is to carry you through the more ridiculous content.  One of the twins is recommended.
- Pair Frederick and Robin, and control that duo. . .then try not to laugh at the resulting banter.  Certain other pairings result in equally amusing situations.  I won't spoil them all~!
- Have fun and experiment!