General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, LoboKD001 said:

Perhaps? I think HW only has 1 adventure map and then the treasure maps. If u combine all history battles into 1 adventure map they might have similar number of battles.

I think maybe the adventure map looked a bit overwhelming at first and maybe bigger than it actually was. But yeah the amount of battles looks pretty much the same when I think about it.

Are enemies in this game more aggressive than in HW, where anything that wasn't a captain or higher (apparently) very seldom attacked? Second, can anyone use the Dragon Veins in this game, or is it limited to the Fates chatracters?

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Are enemies in this game more aggressive than in HW, where anything that wasn't a captain or higher (apparently) very seldom attacked? Second, can anyone use the Dragon Veins in this game, or is it limited to the Fates chatracters?

I thinks it's pretty much the same when it comes to enemies, but that seems to be the case in most Warriors games.

Also, any character can use Dragon Veins.

12 hours ago, Azz said:

I thinks it's pretty much the same when it comes to enemies, but that seems to be the case in most Warriors games.

Also, any character can use Dragon Veins.

Hmm. I've seen stuff about archers being hell to deal with in some other Warriors games, likely because of stunlock, which was why I brought it up.

EDIT: Guess that makes sense for DVs. Also, are there Melee-a-Trois situations where you face two enemy teams like HW had?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

I've been under the impression that the Weapon Triangle only mattered for when you made allied units fight the computers and that with skill you could personally (unit controlled) overcome fighting enemy officers with Triangle disadvantage.

However, just a few minutes ago, I read KingDDD's first impression thread, and he said something along the lines of "Weapon Triangle Disadvantage removes your hitstun against the enemy officer". 

Anyone familiar with the Warriors series (or even 2D beat em ups) should be able to tell that this would be a HUGE disadvantage, much moreso than extra damage and so on.

So I would just like any of the people already playing the game to explain in neat detail what the weapon triangle's actual mechanics are, because most of  the people giving "subjective opinions" have basically said "it's important/unimportant" without explaining it's actual physics so that people on a different level of playing ability from them can judge for themselves. 

Edited by Reality

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

I've been under the impression that the Weapon Triangle only mattered for when you made allied units fight the computers and that with skill you could personally (unit controlled) overcome fighting enemy officers with Triangle disadvantage.

However, just a few minutes ago, I read KingDDD's first impression thread, and he said something along the lines of "Weapon Triangle Disadvantage removes your hitstun against the enemy officer". 

Anyone familiar with the Warriors series (or even 2D beat em ups) should be able to tell that this would be a HUGE disadvantage, much moreso than extra damage and so on.

So I would just like any of the people already playing the game to explain in neat detail what the weapon triangle's actual mechanics are, because most of  the people giving "subjective opinions" have basically said "it's important/unimportant" without explaining it's actual physics so that people on a different level of playing ability from them can judge for themselves. 

Basically it works just like DW8's weapon triangle system, if you have an advantage you do more damage and get their fatigue bar up much easier, when it caps off you do a Storm Rush which does massive damage to them and everything around them.

If you hit someone who your weapon is bad against with normal attacks (some charge/strong moves and Musous ignore it) they have super armor and will take a bit less damage overall.

Edited by Jedi

2 minutes ago, Thany said:

whats the date for the English fire emblem warriors? I dont want to miss the date if i can.

October 20th.

For anyone with the JPN version...are the outfits you unlock on promotion permanent to the character or can you switch back to the original non promoted outfits. Does the outfit you wear cap your stats (like how playing as non-promoted classes in regular FE games results in hitting stat caps pretty quickly)?

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Ptolemy said:

For anyone with the JPN version...are the outfits you unlock on promotion permanent to the character or can you switch back to the original non promoted outfits. Does the outfit you wear cap your stats (like how playing as non-promoted classes in regular FE games results in hitting stat caps pretty quickly)?

Thanks!

Yeah you can switch the costume back to the original one but i don't think it affects stats.

I don't know if this was already asked, and if is, plz someone points for the answer!!

Ok so ... Is true we need to choose one of the 2 main characters? If that is true, what changes after we choose one? I want to know before I play the game haha

2 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

I don't know if this was already asked, and if is, plz someone points for the answer!!

Ok so ... Is true we need to choose one of the 2 main characters? If that is true, what changes after we choose one? I want to know before I play the game haha

You pick one at the start and they are effectively your locked main lord, theres nothing much else besides thats the one you're locked to using the entire game.

17 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You pick one at the start and they are effectively your locked main lord, theres nothing much else besides thats the one you're locked to using the entire game.

So, the story don't change or anything? Oh, then I will throw a money and see who I choose haha

25 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

What does the Magic stat affect for characters that attack with physical weapons? Also, are those weapon ranks on weapons? How do you increase a character's weapon proficiency?

I'm still not sure on the former, but the latter is obtained with badges ala Hyrule Warriors.

1 hour ago, Glennstavos said:

What does the Magic stat affect for characters that attack with physical weapons? Also, are those weapon ranks on weapons? How do you increase a character's weapon proficiency?

This is a slight weapon skill spoiler so i'll just tag it just in case

Spoiler

There is a weapon skill that reverses atk and mag stats. For example, Lissa has higher magic than attack but she uses an axe. You can slap that skill on a weapon and give it to her. Then, the number from her magic stat becomes the number for her attack stat and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure it's like that because I remember giving Camilla a weapon with that skill by accident and she did less damage than usual.

4 minutes ago, LoboKD001 said:

This is a slight weapon skill spoiler so i'll just tag it just in case

Hide contents

There is a weapon skill that reverses atk and mag stats. For example, Lissa has higher magic than attack but she uses an axe. You can slap that skill on a weapon and give it to her. Then, the number from her magic stat becomes the number for her attack stat and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure it's like that because I remember giving Camilla a weapon with that skill by accident and she did less damage than usual.

Spoiler

It also affects whether you target the enemy's Defense or Resistance, though, right?

31 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:
  Hide contents

It also affects whether you target the enemy's Defense or Resistance, though, right?

Spoiler

Hm... I can't really tell tbh because it says "reverse physical and magical attacks". Now that I think about it, it may mean the numbers or actually switching the properties. I would love to test it with cordelia since she has equal stats but apparently, I don't have any lance with this skill x.x

2 minutes ago, LucinaRobin said:

Hello guys.

I want to know whether fire emblem warrior's story cutscene can be skipped or not.

Thanks

Cinematic ones can be skipped with the + button. For dialogues, if you just start the chapter then you have to mash A to go past it since it's also loading the game for you during that. After you beat the chapter, you can just skip it.

1 hour ago, LoboKD001 said:

Cinematic ones can be skipped with the + button. For dialogues, if you just start the chapter then you have to mash A to go past it since it's also loading the game for you during that. After you beat the chapter, you can just skip it.

Thanks you very much!!

That was very nice info!!