General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

On 10/16/2017 at 4:56 AM, Thany said:

Would it be a good idea to play my Hyrule warrior legends game while i Wait for Fire emblem warriors to come out? (since i already essentially completed all the maps on the wii u version except for like 5 stages)

I mean if you wanna get back into the Warriors mode, they don't share many mechanics besides the character switching or roll canceling though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Jedi I've noticed you've mentioned a couple of times that you mention SW4-II as one of the best Musou games. How does it differ from SW4, and is it worth it to play both?

Edited by Konnor97

A question for those who have already played the game: How difficult is hard mode in this game and is it recommended for new players into warriors games?

I am thinking of playing in hard mode when I get my copy tomorrow but also afraid that I get stuck on heavy grinding because I cant proceed.

Thank you.

Just now, Silent shifter said:

A question for those who have already played the game: How difficult is hard mode in this game and is it recommended for new players into warriors games?

I am thinking of playing in hard mode when I get my copy tomorrow but also afraid that I get stuck on heavy grinding because I cant proceed.

Thank you.

Hard is manageable but if you're unfamiliar with Warriors games i'd advise against it.

Playing the Japanese version, and I'm having trouble figuring out a weapon effect.

It called "物理魔法反転"

According to google translate, it said "Physical magic inversion effect".

Now I don't really understand the "inversion" part. Is it saying that my physical attack/strength now hit the enemy's resistance or if the weapon now goes with the magical stat instead of the physical.

Can anyone help? Have anyone found the english equivalent of it yet?  

13 minutes ago, TanatatKnight said:

Playing the Japanese version, and I'm having trouble figuring out a weapon effect.

It called "物理魔法反転"

According to google translate, it said "Physical magic inversion effect".

Now I don't really understand the "inversion" part. Is it saying that my physical attack/strength now hit the enemy's resistance or if the weapon now goes with the magical stat instead of the physical.

Can anyone help? Have anyone found the english equivalent of it yet?  

I think it's that physical weapons use magic and target resistance, while magical weapons use strength and target defense.

24 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

I think it's that physical weapons use magic and target resistance, while magical weapons use strength and target defense.

I really hope so. If what you said is true, then this effect alone, would allow Sakura to surpass Takumi in terms of power due to her high magical stat. (Too bad, most of her other stats cannot compare to Takumi so he is still better :P.)

Edited by TanatatKnight

15 hours ago, TanatatKnight said:

I really hope so. If what you said is true, then this effect alone, would allow Sakura to surpass Takumi in terms of power due to her high magical stat. (Too bad, most of her other stats cannot compare to Takumi so he is still better :P.)

Not quite, Takumi will never be able to kill high defense enemies like knights as fast as Sakura with a magic bow. It gives Sakura a niche she can excel at.

Edited by wissenschaft

5 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

Not quite, Takumi will never be able to kill high defense enemies like knights as fast as Sakura with a magic bow. It gives Sakura a niche she can excel at.

I don't encounter knights very often, so I guess it does really helps when the game forces you to use them on certain stages. Thanks!

Btw, can we transfer/copy 3DS save data to Switch, or something like the Vita did with the PS4?

I don't think it's possible but I'm just asking to check because I want to buy the console version.

Edited by TanatatKnight

So.... I just played the game and Chrom and Robin got an A+ Support without even trying. Is this normal? What can I do to prevent characters A+ing each other in the future?

11 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

So.... I just played the game and Chrom and Robin got an A+ Support without even trying. Is this normal? What can I do to prevent characters A+ing each other in the future?

Don't worry. A+ supports are not locked to one pairing only, it's just an indication for which characters have exclusive voice conversation with each other. You can have multiple supports but only a selected few will have conversations. 

18 minutes ago, TanatatKnight said:

Don't worry. A+ supports are not locked to one pairing only, it's just an indication for which characters have exclusive voice conversation with each other. You can have multiple supports but only a selected few will have conversations. 

So I can have multiple A+ Supports? Sweet!

On 10/20/2017 at 4:45 AM, LoboKD001 said:

So for those who has both japanese and english game (if there any out there) on the same system, do the two games share the same game file or is it different from each version of game?

I won't have the English ver for a while but it's safe to assume the DLC and save files are separate.

How does reviving characters work? I got careless (...and forgot how to heal for a few crucial seconds) and lost Lissa on Classic. I have the Temple unlocked, and the description says you can revive characters there, but I don't see the option. Am I missing something, or do you unlock it later?

3 minutes ago, Phoenix_Kensai said:

How does reviving characters work? I got careless (...and forgot how to heal for a few crucial seconds) and lost Lissa on Classic. I have the Temple unlocked, and the description says you can revive characters there, but I don't see the option. Am I missing something, or do you unlock it later?

It unlocks more options with Anna memories and I think the revival is behind one of those benchmarks.

13 minutes ago, Thane said:

"Alright, to get Anna to appear on this map I can't let ally!Chrom fall beneath 60%. Easy peasy."

*Looks away for one second*

*Chrom is dying*

"Goddammit, Chrom."

Wait until you get to the map where you have to keep Darius from falling beneath 80%. Even with Elise shadowing him and healing him for every bit of scrap damage, he still got below it somehow. :(

Btw, this might be a silly question to ask from someone who has owned the game for almost a month (menu kanji are cruel), but is there any way to improve the general attack speed? I'm asking because Camilla is so slow, she gets rounhouse kicked to the floor five times over before landing one strike.

1 minute ago, Nanima said:

Wait until you get to the map where you have to keep Darius from falling beneath 80%. Even with Elise shadowing him and healing him for every bit of scrap damage, he still got below it somehow. :(

Btw, this might be a silly question to ask from someone who has owned the game for almost a month (menu kanji are cruel), but is there any way to improve the general attack speed? I'm asking because Camilla is so slow, she gets rounhouse kicked to the floor five times over before landing one strike.

Astra, basically the hasty attacks of this game.

Speaking of Astra, how do skills works? I know each character has a personal skill (Astra being Ryoma's), but how do other characters get those skills?

10 minutes ago, Nanima said:

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

Speaking of Astra, how do skills works? I know each character has a personal skill (Astra being Ryoma's), but how do other characters get those skills?

Ryoma's skill, Astra, increases your attack speed. For Ryoma to get it, he needs three of his own silver material, and for anybody else to get it they need to reach A-Rank with Ryoma and then buy the skill for some material cost.

11 minutes ago, Azz said:

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Ryoma's skill, Astra, increases your attack speed. For Ryoma to get it, he needs three of his own silver material, and for anybody else to get it they need to reach A-Rank with Ryoma and then buy the skill for some material cost.

Thanks! That really helps me out.

Uh... I hasn't got Anna in all the chapters, actually I have only saw her 2 times, in one I was able to reach her, but in the other I couldn't... So... I can still "buy" her scrolls in free mode? Or I'm doomed??

28 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Uh... I hasn't got Anna in all the chapters, actually I have only saw her 2 times, in one I was able to reach her, but in the other I couldn't... So... I can still "buy" her scrolls in free mode? Or I'm doomed??

If Hyrule Warriors Legends is any indication, I would assume so as long as whoever needs to participate is selected (assuming this game has specific character requirements like that one did, though those apply to the second ones).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia