General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

Okey, another small question!

Promotion... AZAP or not??

Did the characters reset their lv like in normal FE or they keep from when their leave? Thanks in advance

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Okey, another small question!

Promotion... AZAP or not??

Did the characters reset their lv like in normal FE or they keep from when their leave? Thanks in advance

It doesn't matter what level you promote. Level doesn't reset, and your stat gains are fixed (so a level 99 character is going to have the same stats as everybody else's level 99 character whether you promote them at level 15 or 99).

The only thing to be wary about is not WHEN to promote, but WHO to promote; you only get six Master Seals during Story Mode and the rest are in History Mode, some locked behind difficult missions, so choose wisely who you need to promote ASAP and who can wait a while longer. I'd definitely recommend promoting either Rowan or Lianna, else the later Story Mode levels will get difficult.

Going to have to repeat my question of where the hell you can farm some archer materials. I've played through the main story, Lyn's History Mode and now the Awakening one, and I've still barely have any archer materials at all. It'll be tough to fully upgrade Sakura at this rate.

Oh yeah, also, how do you get access to another character's skill? Do you need to have a certain support level with them? I feel like everyone wants Astra...

8 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

It doesn't matter what level you promote. Level doesn't reset, and your stat gains are fixed (so a level 99 character is going to have the same stats as everybody else's level 99 character whether you promote them at level 15 or 99).

The only thing to be wary about is not WHEN to promote, but WHO to promote; you only get six Master Seals during Story Mode and the rest are in History Mode, some locked behind difficult missions, so choose wisely who you need to promote ASAP and who can wait a while longer. I'd definitely recommend promoting either Rowan or Lianna, else the later Story Mode levels will get difficult.

Good!

I probably will promote Lianna since Rowan is not my type of character. Then Leo and Takumi since I want to use them until the end, probably a healer and I will see which other characters can be good for endgame, to give them priority

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Thane said:

Going to have to repeat my question of where the hell you can farm some archer materials. I've played through the main story, Lyn's History Mode and now the Awakening one, and I've still barely have any archer materials at all. It'll be tough to fully upgrade Sakura at this rate.

Oh yeah, also, how do you get access to another character's skill? Do you need to have a certain support level with them? I feel like everyone wants Astra...

I started getting a lot more archer stuff in the Fates map, particularly the Hoshidan side.

Once two characters get to A rank, you'll receive a X's Teachings for both characters. That material, plus the character's gold material, is needed for characters to get another's skill. Also the initial character needs to know their own skill already before it can be spread, using 3 of their silver materials. So if you want Chrom for example to get Astra, Ryoma would need to A support someone (it doesn't have to be the person you plan on giving the skill to), and then Chrom would go into the crest market and buy Astra (assuming Ryoma has already learned it).
It gets a little easier considering you get a character's gold material at B support, so you easily get the resources to pass around skills, as long as you keep supports up.

Just now, Konnor97 said:

I started getting a lot more archer stuff in the Fates map, particularly the Hoshidan side.

Archer Pauldrons too? I'm not sure I got as many. Really wish they were more common.

1 minute ago, Konnor97 said:

Once two characters get to A rank, you'll receive a X's Teachings for both characters. That material, plus the character's gold material, is needed for characters to get another's skill. Also the initial character needs to know their own skill already before it can be spread, using 3 of their silver materials. So if you want Chrom for example to get Astra, Ryoma would need to A support someone (it doesn't have to be the person you plan on giving the skill to), and then Chrom would go into the crest market and buy Astra (assuming Ryoma has already learned it).

Ah, is that how it is? Thanks a lot, bud! Sakura and Lissa will definitely enjoy an upgrade in attack speed. 

4 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Does this game still use S, A, and B as ranks in the English version?

Yes, it does.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

I can't answer the first question yet, though try History Mode maps that are represented with an enemy archer.

As for getting another character's skill, once two characters reach A-Rank Support, you receive an Essence of both of them. These can be used to buy each other's skills.

So for example, my Chrom and Robin reached A-Rank support, and the reward for that was a Chrom's Essence and a Robin's Essence. In the badge menu, Chrom can buy Robin's Solidarity skill using one Robin's Essence and one of Robin's regular gold drops, and Robin can buy Chrom's Luna using one Chrom's Essence and one of Chrom's regular gold drops. Technically I think you could have anybody use the Essences to buy skills, regardless of who "earned" the A-support, though.

2 hours ago, SniperGYS said:

Good!

I probably will promote Lianna since Rowan is not my type of character. Then Leo and Takumi since I want to use them until the end, probably a healer and I will see which other characters can be good for endgame, to give them priority

Thanks!

Lianna can use staves on promotion, so you'll have a healer, but it never hurts to have another; Lissa or one of the promoted Pegasus Knights would be a good option, to give you access to more of the weapon triangle. You'll want an axe user and a lance user anyway.

Has anyone found some particularly good ways to grind supports? 

I've been trying to do the Timed Onslaught missions since they have a lot of captain enemies to kill, but I wondered if anybody had some other suggestions too.

It's going to take forever to get Ryoma to all these A ranks for Astra, isn't it

8 hours ago, Thane said:

I was also struggling trying to get archer materials (specifically the silver ones for sakura's last weapon crest), eventually I realized that Sakura's stage in Fates history map is one of those timed ones where you need defeat as many enemies as you can in X minutes, and almost half of the captain units there are archers so I tried that one.

I did one run and got a bunch of bronze archer mats and two silver ones, then I tried adding "Divining" to my weapon, and also tried to maintain "Awakening" mode as much as possible (since killing during this mode buffs drop rates) and ended up getting 6 silver archer materials for that one run, so very good results there.

Some info for this particular map: half of the initial captains are archers and the other half are lancers, after a couple of go arounds killing all captains, eventually the only ones that spawn are "Transporter" archers on the central square, these ones drop awakening potions on top of regular materials, so for the last couple of minutes you can just stay on awakening mode killing transporter captains again and again.

Ultimately I do not know which made the bigger difference, the weapon skill or awakening mode, but this is how I will be farming materials when I need them :P

Hello everyone, 

Was wondering what's people's estimates on total playtime? Does FE:W have the same amount of content as Hyrule Warriors? If so, howlongtobeat lists the completionist play style as taking 209 hours :blink:. It'd be cool if that's correct with this game too! 

(For the record, it lists not completionist but main story + extras for Hyrule Warriors as taking 30 1/2 hours which is what I suspect FE:W to take as well.)

1 hour ago, mega5657 said:

Hello everyone, 

Was wondering what's people's estimates on total playtime? Does FE:W have the same amount of content as Hyrule Warriors? If so, howlongtobeat lists the completionist play style as taking 209 hours :blink:. It'd be cool if that's correct with this game too! 

(For the record, it lists not completionist but main story + extras for Hyrule Warriors as taking 30 1/2 hours which is what I suspect FE:W to take as well.)

Main story is around 10 to 15 hours on a first run, the extras might be 20ish, but we dno the full time since we don't have all the History Maps yet.

Can we talk about how great the Leo/Elise moveset is? Mounted unit so you get around quick and pick up random captains on your way to a fort. But what I love most is the C1. It takes just a single combo on a mob of mooks to fully charge it. And the full charge lets you open the stun gauge as if you had weapon triangle advantage. This of course means you get quicker critical and the AOE critical hit instead of the single target. The only drawback is that you can't charge it up quickly without mooks, so you cant rely on it for Arena missions, or any other almost 1v1 scenario

13 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Has anyone found some particularly good ways to grind supports? 

I've been trying to do the Timed Onslaught missions since they have a lot of captain enemies to kill, but I wondered if anybody had some other suggestions too.

It's going to take forever to get Ryoma to all these A ranks for Astra, isn't it

Do either Chapter 14 or 15 (the one after he joins that you have to protect Darios in) with Ryoma deployed. Stop the Myrmidon early on running to get reinforcements. All 7 other characters on the map will gain a significant amount of support points with Ryoma. Then just completed the mission. All the story mode missions have side objectives that give support points.

4 hours ago, GeminiJ said:

Do either Chapter 14 or 15 (the one after he joins that you have to protect Darios in) with Ryoma deployed. Stop the Myrmidon early on running to get reinforcements. All 7 other characters on the map will gain a significant amount of support points with Ryoma. Then just completed the mission. All the story mode missions have side objectives that give support points.

Alright I'll give that a try, thanks. It'll be great to get Astra for everyone, and do Marth too so I can put Paragon on some of my units I don't use much to help them level up. 

29 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Alright I'll give that a try, thanks. It'll be great to get Astra for everyone, and do Marth too so I can put Paragon on some of my units I don't use much to help them level up. 

Marth and Tiki's mission is the one immediately after Ryoma's, and Ryoma's is the same as Xander's. For Tiki's support bonus you have to kill the sages causing the Lightning, for Marth's you need to kilk the Fafnirs Gharnef summons after you defeat him. With Xander in Chapter 14, you need to kill the summoner before he summons reinforcements.

I don't know any other characters offhand, though. 

On 10/23/2017 at 2:42 PM, Anomalocaris said:

Lianna can use staves on promotion, so you'll have a healer, but it never hurts to have another; Lissa or one of the promoted Pegasus Knights would be a good option, to give you access to more of the weapon triangle. You'll want an axe user and a lance user anyway.

Lianna and Rowan can always use staves.

31 minutes ago, GeminiJ said:

Marth and Tiki's mission is the one immediately after Ryoma's, and Ryoma's is the same as Xander's. For Tiki's support bonus you have to kill the sages causing the Lightning, for Marth's you need to kilk the Fafnirs Gharnef summons after you defeat him. With Xander in Chapter 14, you need to kill the summoner before he summons reinforcements.

I don't know any other characters offhand, though. 

Thanks! I'll have to see if I can look up some more of those. I've got a lot of support grinding ahead of me. 

I have some questions about weapon forging/smithing/whatever they call it in this game.

1. If you put attributes on the basic version of a character's personal weapon (Falchion/Yato/etc.), will they stay once you unlock the awakened version?

2. Obviously lower-level weapons become pretty useless as soon as you unlock better versions, but at what level does it become worth it to start sticking attributes on weapons yourself?  I'm guessing steel, since it's the best level all the unpromoted characters can wield?  Or should I wait until silver/whatever is above silver?

10 minutes ago, SourPeridot said:

I have some questions about weapon forging/smithing/whatever they call it in this game.

1. If you put attributes on the basic version of a character's personal weapon (Falchion/Yato/etc.), will they stay once you unlock the awakened version?

2. Obviously lower-level weapons become pretty useless as soon as you unlock better versions, but at what level does it become worth it to start sticking attributes on weapons yourself?  I'm guessing steel, since it's the best level all the unpromoted characters can wield?  Or should I wait until silver/whatever is above silver?

1. Yes. The upgraded weapon is like the Masted Sword in Hyrule Warriors, it's the same weapon but with improved stats.

2. As soon as you want, really. So long as you dont put too much on one weaker weapon, but even if you do, any skill on any weapon can be reobtained, so you're never going to permanently lose any skills. I'd advise against making a "perfect" weapon until you get a 5-star 6 slot brave weapon. For the characters with their own custom weapon, go ahead and do it as soon as you want to, since it'll retain all the skills on it when you unlock the potential anyway, you just have to deal with the lower might until then.