General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I see. 

Anyway, are there any pain-in-the-ass materials that I can expect to have a hard time rounding up?

I'd say Dragon and Bow.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'd say Dragon and Bow.

In other words, anyone who needs those is someone I'm gonna have a bad time upgrading. Just like how upgrades for Zelda and Ruto were a pain in HW because ReDead Knights and Shield Moblins don't show up that often...

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

In other words, anyone who needs those is someone I'm gonna have a bad time upgrading. Just like how upgrades for Zelda and Ruto were a pain in HW because ReDead Knights and Shield Moblins don't show up that often...

I think you'll just have to find the maps, I've found Takumis history map good for bows, you might find the Marth maps good for dragons since they relate to him. Not 100% sure.

10 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'd say Dragon and Bow.

Sword as well. All the sword users need sword materials to upgrade weapon ranks, so you're going to constantly be grinding for them. Every single Sword user has a unique sword that can be fully upgraded, so  you're going to need 22 Silver Myrmidon materials for each of them, meaning 220 Silver Myrmidon materials total.

Or 198 if you don't feel like upgrading both Rowan and Lianna's weapon, since they can pass it between each other.

Edited by GeminiJ

11 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'd say Dragon and Bow.

There's at least one Timed Onslaught map full of Manaketes everywhere, so you can just grind that map repeatedly.

Final boss's materials are also obviously not easy to collect, but thankfully the only two characters who require its drops are Rowan and Lianna and they only need a few each.

14 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Has there been a general idea of how support points go, and what the best way to grind them are? Trying to put Paragon on a few people to level faster, but it’s going painfully slow.

You can tell when supports are being raised in battle by the heart icons appearing, and I've heard there's a slightly different sprite and sound for when a pair has maxed supports for one battle (either due to hitting the cap of support building in a single battle, or due to having enough support points to reach the next support level) - but personally I haven't been able to explicitly notice what it is.

In general the main things that raise supports seem to be killing officers while paired up and healing each other. In story mode, completing sub-missions raises everyone deployed's supports with one character depending on the sub-mission. For example, killing the myrmidon who tries to get reinforcements in chapter 14 raises everyone's support with Ryoma, and killing the Sage summoning reinforcements raises everyone's support with Xander. This includes characters at the back of pair ups and applies even if Xander/Ryoma aren't deployed. As a result, story mode chapters 14 and 15 are generally considered good support grinding maps - 8 characters to deploy, lots of officers to quickly kill, each has two sub missions to complete and neither are especially long, letting you easily grind up 4 pairs at once as well as get small boosts with 2 other characters. In general any map that allows you to deploy 8 characters and has a decent enemy density is going to be a reasonable support grinding map.

On top of that it seems like simply being deployed in the same battle might raise supports a tiny bit, but I don't think this has been explicitly confirmed. I do sometimes see pairs I wasn't expecting getting supports mid battle though, but it might be due to healing.

Edited by Tables

4 minutes ago, Tables said:

(...) applies even if Xander/Ryoma aren't deployed. (...)

Not so sure on that, it says that it raises the points, but I've never actually seen the support level go up for anyone go up a support level after battle when the character wasn't deployed. If it does raise them, then I'd expect it raises them a lower amount if they aren't deployed.

57 minutes ago, GeminiJ said:

Sword as well. All the sword users need sword materials to upgrade weapon ranks, so you're going to constantly be grinding for them. Every single Sword user has a unique sword that can be fully upgraded, so  you're going to need 22 Silver Myrmidon materials for each of them, meaning 220 Silver Myrmidon materials total.

Or 198 if you don't feel like upgrading both Rowan and Lianna's weapon, since they can pass it between each other.

Urk! That's a lot of Silver materials!

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Urk! That's a lot of Silver materials!

Yeah, and like I said, that's only for getting them to "S-Rank" for weapons. That's not counting the ones that you'll need for attack/defense crests.

3 hours ago, GeminiJ said:

Not so sure on that, it says that it raises the points, but I've never actually seen the support level go up for anyone go up a support level after battle when the character wasn't deployed. If it does raise them, then I'd expect it raises them a lower amount if they aren't deployed.

I have, several times. They appear on the minimap in a little bubble with the heart above their head, along with each character they're gaining a support point with (which is everyone deployed, so you have several seconds to look over and see it happening). But bear in mind it takes a lot of support points to gain a support level.

4 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Has there been a general idea of how support points go, and what the best way to grind them are? Trying to put Paragon on a few people to level faster, but it’s going painfully slow.

Wouldn't know the best way about it, but how I'm going about it is having everybody choke on poison in Ch. 11 then just mash the heal button 'til I'm out of heals, then I beat the map and do it all over again. Highly recommend you start building Rowan's supports first since he can turn anybody into a healer with his skill, which makes grinding out their supports easier.

21 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

For some reason I only ever get like two or three Myrm helmets in one go. I haven't tried it with the potion but it feels oddly scarce compared to the other farming spots despite there being just as many Myrms.

And yeah, 10K is very doable. In fact I unleashed Camilla's Axe in just two rounds of Myrmsmashing. Shoutouts to simple flips.

You are NOT exaggerating in the slightest. I thought CIA was stupidly broken, but over 7000 kos in 1 sitting... I'm going to make her a TERROR on the battlefield.

4 hours ago, GeminiJ said:

Yeah, and like I said, that's only for getting them to "S-Rank" for weapons. That's not counting the ones that you'll need for attack/defense crests.

Oy vey. And once Olivia, Owain and Navarre come along, that's going to be even higher...

1 minute ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Oy vey. And once Olivia, Owain and Navarre come along, that's going to be even higher...

just have to stockpile beforehand then.

28 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

Wouldn't know the best way about it, but how I'm going about it is having everybody choke on poison in Ch. 11 then just mash the heal button 'til I'm out of heals, then I beat the map and do it all over again. Highly recommend you start building Rowan's supports first since he can turn anybody into a healer with his skill, which makes grinding out their supports easier.

That’s an interesting idea. Rowan is still at lvl 11 for me, but now I have a reason to actually use him.

So the map for Celica went pretty well; Camila became the rightful master of the battlefield after I fitted her awakened axe with both Mountslayer AND Armor Slayer; Iago was dead before the prompt even came up and Xander died shortly after, Sakura DESTROYED the Wyvern Lord, and Chrom/Cordelia mopped up the Swordmaster and Validar. Lissa wiped out every Darios Clone thanks to her reversed axe, and Camila finished off the chaos dragon in less than a minute thanks to Awakening and two Warrior attacks. Only thing that screwed me out of an S-rank was Darios reviving; I expected that damn dragon on its own and already had everyone in the center waiting...

21 minutes ago, bardo204 said:

It isn't a reward for any of the history mode maps.

I have it but I don't remember then. Maybe from the story. 

The weapon might is quite low so it's something you should have at the beginning. I checked but I can't seem to find it as a reward. I remember there was a weapon unlocked by beating a boss from one chapter but I don't remember if it was the hammer but I think so. 

If you already have plateslayer then you sold it in case you don't know :) 

Edited by Metakirby

35 minutes ago, Metakirby said:

I have it but I don't remember then. Maybe from the story. 

The weapon might is quite low so it's something you should have at the beginning. I checked but I can't seem to find it as a reward. I remember there was a weapon unlocked by beating a boss from one chapter but I don't remember if it was the hammer but I think so. 

If you already have plateslayer then you sold it in case you don't know :) 

Yea, I had a bad habit of selling almost every weapon when I first started. I have yet to get an axe with plateslayer, so idk if I never got hammer or if I just have bad luck with my drops.

Edited by bardo204

35 minutes ago, bardo204 said:

Yea, I had a bad habit of selling almost every weapon when I first started. I have yet to get an axe with plateslayer, so idk if I never got hammer or if I just have bad luck with my drops.

Maybe it's that, and yes there are not that common but don't worry, the only purpose of these weapons is to unlock the slayer attribute as they're useless otherwise most of the time. 

On the topic of slayer attributes, anyone know if there's one for foot troops? I'm guessing no since I've combed through the majority of all five history maps...

6 minutes ago, DIO said:

On the topic of slayer attributes, anyone know if there's one for foot troops? I'm guessing no since I've combed through the majority of all five history maps...

Nope, because that would be kinda broken.

There's five bonus skills: Wingslayer, Plateslayer, Mountslayer, Wyrmslayer and Beastslayer. Many characters don't fall into any of those groups, mainly normal infantry, so they have no slayer effective against them. Others like Camilla and Frederick fall into two groups.