General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

18 minutes ago, Tables said:

Nope, because that would be kinda broken.

There's five bonus skills: Wingslayer, Plateslayer, Mountslayer, Wyrmslayer and Beastslayer. Many characters don't fall into any of those groups, mainly normal infantry, so they have no slayer effective against them. Others like Camilla and Frederick fall into two groups.

Damn, I ended up making my Camilla a perfect counter to rest of her family thanks to Mountslayer and wanted to see if the same thing could be done on the Hoshido side with Sakura. Would've been as hilarious as the mission where all three Nohrians were together and died to Camilla with one combo chain...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to come in and mention that I actually capped out on gold earlier (9,999,999). After forging some new weapons, I sold off weapons to clean up and capped out again, so I leveled allies to not waste future gold earned.

I suppose that's what rushing to unlock Anna early does for you.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Just wanted to come in and mention that I actually capped out on gold earlier (9,999,999). After forging some new weapons, I sold off weapons to clean up and capped out again, so I leveled allies to not waste future gold earned.

I suppose that's what rushing to unlock Anna early does for you.

Wow, I am lucky to stay over 500k due to me always leveling people up so I have better odds of beating maps. I honestly unlocked Anna yesterday (along with Celica) and those maps were brutal (then again, I wasn't able to deploy my level 87 Marth on Anna's) I should honestly use Anna more since she earns gold more often, but I get bored of her moveset despite how flashy it is.

1 hour ago, Thany said:

i'd love a mage slayer weapon, goodness do I get tired fighting ground mages that dont die XD

There's the trample skill, I think Tiki has the magestone too, beyond that I'd just say focus on raising attack levels and putting the skills Critical+ and Rainstorm on weapons (boosts critical damage and power of normal attacks respectfully) Also Astra would be a good skill just due to higher attack speed.

12 minutes ago, Zachmac said:

Is there a way in game to check everyone's support level, or even just whom can support with whom? I keep digging through the menus, but I can't seem to find it. 

It is in inventory, statut then support :) 

11 hours ago, Homosexualbeard said:

So, do we know what the specific elemntal effects are yet?

They seem to be purely aesthetic as far as we can tell.

Though the attention drawn to it makes me wonder if there originally were mechanics associated with elements but removed to avoid overcomplicating things.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Regarding HW, how many of the weapons are original weapons, as opposed to coming from another Zelda game? (Leaving out the 8-bit weapons for obvious reasons)

And regarding this game, are there any characters whose stats do NOT line up with their growth tendencies in their original games?

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Regarding HW, how many of the weapons are original weapons, as opposed to coming from another Zelda game? (Leaving out the 8-bit weapons for obvious reasons)

And regarding this game, are there any characters whose stats do NOT line up with their growth tendencies in their original games?

That's a bit difficult since some weapons are just parts of the character's design, like Midna's shackle, Agitha's Parasol, Zant's twin scimitars, Tetra's cutlass, ect. rather than a discrete "item" acknowledged as such in its home game. That being said, Lana's spellbook and summoning gate, the OC villain trio's weapons, and Ganondorf's Great Swords are all pretty original to Warriors, even if the latter has dual-wielded swords before.

Off the top of my head, Sakura's Strength stat is pretty pathetic here compared to its surprisingly decent value back in Fates (so no more musclelord Sakura sadly), Xander's Luck is oddly his highest stat, and Robin and Leo's stats are skewed toward Magic and Resistance instead of being pretty balanced; in fact, Leo has the second worst Strength growth in the game if I'm not mistaken, behind only Elise, while Robin has really shitty Defense making him more like a classic Mage.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

That's a bit difficult since some weapons are just parts of the character's design, like Midna's shackle, Agitha's Parasol, Zant's twin scimitars, Tetra's cutlass, ect. rather than a discrete "item" acknowledged as such in its home game. That being said, Lana's spellbook and summoning gate, the OC villain trio's weapons, and Ganondorf's Great Swords are all pretty original to Warriors, even if the latter has dual-wielded swords before.

Off the top of my head, Sakura's Strength stat is pretty pathetic here compared to its surprisingly decent value back in Fates (so no more musclelord Sakura sadly), Xander's Luck is oddly his highest stat, and Robin and Leo's stats are skewed toward Magic and Resistance instead of being pretty balanced; in fact, Leo has the second worst Strength growth in the game if I'm not mistaken, behind only Elise, while Robin has really shitty Defense making him more like a classic Mage.

I suppose you have a point there. Off the top of my head, the Scepters and Naginatas are all originals, and Toon Link's and Toon Zelda's weapons all aren't. I might want to take another look at that video...

Hmmm. There's also the part where Sakura actually has good Resistance, which tends to not happen in Fates.

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I suppose you have a point there. Off the top of my head, the Scepters and Naginatas are all originals, and Toon Link's and Toon Zelda's weapons all aren't. I might want to take another look at that video...

Hmmm. There's also the part where Sakura actually has good Resistance, which tends to not happen in Fates.

Well, she is a Priestess here, which gets high Res growth on its own, so perhaps their stats here reflect both their personal stats and their class stats.

1 hour ago, Anomalocaris said:

Xander's Luck is oddly his highest stat, and Robin and Leo's stats are skewed toward Magic and Resistance instead of being pretty balanced; in fact, Leo has the second worst Strength growth in the game if I'm not mistaken

Xander's Luck isn't too odd. Siegfried gave +10 Crit Evade in Fates, he had a +2 Luck cap, and a 60% Luck growth, only Elise, Anna and Percy have more. Leo's balance was only because of his Dark Knight class too. His Str growth in Fates is 25%, which is pretty bad, though not the worst (that be a 5% from Elise, Nyx and Orochi, followed by Felicia's 10% and a bunch of 15% chars), and his Str cap was -2. Leo's Magic was his highest growth, with Res in a three way tie for second, and his caps had +2 Mag and Res.

15 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

They seem to be purely aesthetic as far as we can tell.

Though the attention drawn to it makes me wonder if there originally were mechanics associated with elements but removed to avoid overcomplicating things.

That's unfortunate. Just seems weird they'd have them in HW but not here. Maybe they had too many of one element or something and didn't want to unbalance it. There do seem to be a lot of Lightning characters.

11 hours ago, Florete said:

Is this the place where we post random things that aren't worth their own topic? Because that's what I'm doing.

PcCFJHc.jpg

Now that was close. The two reached A rank support after this, as well.

That mission is very annoying I understand you so much, just got 1999...i was.. Devastated xD

10 hours ago, Homosexualbeard said:

That's unfortunate. Just seems weird they'd have them in HW but not here. Maybe they had too many of one element or something and didn't want to unbalance it. There do seem to be a lot of Lightning characters.

Elements in HW had two functions:  Weakness and Effects.  The effects were just more damage done in different ways (Fire doing AOE, Light causing more damage while attacking a group, Water with it's stupid dot, etc) to modify the playstyle of a weapon a bit more, and weakness was just type matching.  The weakness portion is taken over by the Weapon Triangle.  The playstyle modification pushed by stats this time around (for example, longer Awakening, more damage on crits and specials, etc).

They aren't obligated to have the effects in every Nintendo Warriors game just because it was in HW.  It wouldn't really add much to FEW, and the majority of attacks in the game have no 'elemental' effect anyways (except for magic, which is all elemental effects).

20 hours ago, Florete said:

Is this the place where we post random things that aren't worth their own topic? Because that's what I'm doing.

PcCFJHc.jpg

Now that was close. The two reached A rank support after this, as well.

Umm, what mission was this?

4 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone found skills such as Luna, Pavise, Trample, etc. useful? I can’t tell how big of difference they’re making or how much luck actually affects the luck based skills

I don't think it has!

Er, anyways, according to this one user...
Aegis and Pavise reduce damage by 10% for every 40 Luck
Trample is a flat 10% damage bonus on infantry | Luna is a 10% damage bonus on everything for every 30 Luck.

The last one is pretty big for some characters. Can personally say that Elise's +36 Luck combined with +8 Mag over Leo more than makes up for her -18 Skl to make her the stronger hitter.