Jump to content
Jedi

General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Recommended Posts

On 2018-11-05 at 8:09 AM, Zangetsu said:

I'm having trouble accessing my file.

 

I got Warriors & purchased the season pass to get the all content for the game.  But when I was playing the game on the go, it wouldn't let access my game because of the DLC content & when I got home I can play the game the just fine. So I don't know if this an issue with the game or the Switch itself, but if the only way I can play this game is using wifi then that completely defeat the purpose of the Switch.

Hm... the first thought that comes to mind is that the user account which the DLC was bought with and the one that you use to access your save are not connected or registered to your Switch for some reason. So I'd suggest you start looking there. 

Because the only thing I can think of is that the game has to certify that the console you're playing on has a license for having the DLC installed. The license is tied to the user account that purchased the content, and that user is in turn registered to a specific Switch console. If something in that equation is off (like the user being registered to another Switch console for instance) then you can't access your save since the game checks if the user id and the Switch it's tied to has a license for the DLC. If the console doesn't, it needs to connect to a server to verify the license instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2018 at 2:52 PM, Tables said:

@ZangetsuHaving DLC or Wifi should have no effect on whether you can play the game or not. It's not a problem I've ever heard of occurring before, so maybe have a look on Nintendo's site and see if there's any help. Knowing what error message you receive might also be useful.

 

On 11/8/2018 at 9:03 AM, Tactician_Iris said:

Hm... the first thought that comes to mind is that the user account which the DLC was bought with and the one that you use to access your save are not connected or registered to your Switch for some reason. So I'd suggest you start looking there. 

Because the only thing I can think of is that the game has to certify that the console you're playing on has a license for having the DLC installed. The license is tied to the user account that purchased the content, and that user is in turn registered to a specific Switch console. If something in that equation is off (like the user being registered to another Switch console for instance) then you can't access your save since the game checks if the user id and the Switch it's tied to has a license for the DLC. If the console doesn't, it needs to connect to a server to verify the license instead.

Before I forget again like a jackass I just want thank you guys for trying to help. I more or less solve the issue by just making my own account & buying the DLC again. I originally bought it with my using my brother's account but he's want to use it whenever he wants to play Monster Hunter so I just figure it would be probably be for the best just to have a separate account.

 

Actually while I'm at it, I might no longer consider myself a Fire Emblem fan anymore but this is still the best Warriors game I've ever played. Mind you it's not like I played them all like Jedi but I do think this game  is even better than Hyrule Warriors. Unfortunately I can't recommend Fire Emblem Warriors over Hyrule Warriors.

That being said, was this game made on a budget?

 

 

Edited by Zangetsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every game is made on a budget. Some are just larger than others.

 

I expect this game was less expensive to produce than Hyrule Warriors, since Zelda is the bigger series. But I dunno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a reliable way of farming the legendary weapon skill?

I managed to get one out of the invisible ties Anna battle. So it seems you don't need to clear the space tied to it in the awakening dlc maps. Problem is the map I got it in is rather slow to clear due to how long it takes, so its a bit unreliable to farm anything there.

So are there any good spots to farm this skill that are readily available early on without needing level 100+ characters and such. Most of mine are around the 40-50 range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I may be interested in picking this up, being that I've found it new for a pretty good price honestly.

Can people explain to me what about this works within the genre and what about it stands out? Also do the story and characters work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2019 at 5:23 AM, Faellin said:

Is there a reliable way of farming the legendary weapon skill?

Have you not tried the history maps where you just have to kill enemies under the time limit? Usually I can get between 2000-3000 Kills depending on the character I am and the level they are. 2000's typically easy enough to be fair so juust aim for that and keep pushing your limits. Unless you die, it's not like you'll fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Have you not tried the history maps where you just have to kill enemies under the time limit? Usually I can get between 2000-3000 Kills depending on the character I am and the level they are. 2000's typically easy enough to be fair so juust aim for that and keep pushing your limits. Unless you die, it's not like you'll fail.

I meant farming the actual skill drop. Not breaking the 6000 kills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 5:42 PM, Tables said:

You can find some skill recommendations on the Online Resource spreadsheet, although it's more on weapon skills than character skills. In general for optimal builds:

 

Must have: Astra, Luna, Lethality. All three are pretty obvious. Astra is crazy good, and weapon skills (especially spirit) are generally more valuable than character skills, so you want Astra rather than Acceleration. Luna is a huge damage increase for basically everyone that isn't Frederick, and even on him at high levels (100+) it's good enough to be worth a slot almost always. Lethality provides an absolutely massive damage increase when it activates (+400% additive damage), and has typically pretty good chances at high levels. Since a lot of damage comes from crits anyway, it's a highly valuable skill.

 

Typical remaining slots:

Luck+20 is a solid boost to both Luna and Lethality. Slightly counterintuitively, the higher your luck, the bigger the proportional boost it gives to Luna, so it has more impact on high luck than low luck characters. The +10% Lethality chance is nice, as well as the +6-11% extra damage to Luna, but those two things aren't necessarily enough to make it an auto include any more

Galeforce provides a pretty substantial boost to Awakening, which can make prolonged Awakening easy to maintain and/or ensure you always have Awakening ready for when it's needed. Mages and Archers are probably better off with Quick Wit, since they can get an easy gold stun gauge crit thanks to their C1, and with all three of the Awakening charge speed crests that's enough to ready Awakening for them. They can't prolong Awakening in Awakening, but personally I don't think that's too big of a price to pay (the first 15-20 seconds of Awakening is usually all you need), unless you're combining with Vengeance.

Vengeance is really powerful if you're careful and work around it. It combos really well with a Galeforce build, since you cannot be killed in Awakening, and it provides an absurd boost to everything except specials and crits (up to +400% damage). I don't recommend having Vengeance on everyone, but putting it on a few characters can make them able to rip through enemies ridiculously fast.

Resonating Power is great on everyone with MAG and STR (or DEF/RES if using Statflip) that are close together. Rowan, Lianna, Corrin, Camilla, Cordelia, Anna, Tiki, Celica, Niles and Owain all have close enough stats to use this well (+20-25% bonus, even at level 150)

Iote's Shield on fliers. Not always needed but can be nice if you want to negate that big weakness they have. Mounts don't really need it - mountslayers are super rare. Tiki and Corrin can sometimes benefit, but anti-dragon weapons are also not super common.

Lone Wolf if you don't pair up. +50% damage is massive.

Solidarity if you DO pair up. +25% damage for your partner is still very solid.

Awakening if you want to run an Awakening centric build (often using Galeforce + Vengeance + Awakening).

 

There's also defensive options which can be good sometimes if you want to boost someone's bulk. At level 100+, in most cases Aegis or Pavise is the best option there, although Frederick amusingly is still better off with Res+10 than Aegis even at level 150 IIRC. Dracoshield is of course good if someone is a dedicated support, otherwise don't bother. There's a few grinding options as well of course - Paragon doubles EXP so it's pretty good if you want to grind those levels up, Payday is luck% more money from battle, can be good in gold rushes, and Potent Potion for support grinding. And finally, Armoured Blow has some potential value, but it's probably not worth a slot on most characters unless you find yourself taking potshots often (in that case though, probably adjust your positioning rather than your skills).

Most other skills not listed here are probably not worth considering. This includes most Stat+10s (too weak), Trample (too weak), most healing abilities like Sol, Amaterasu, Potent Potion and Live to Serve (rarely need much healing - though PP is at least niche for things like villager rescue). The DLC has come with LOTS of really good abilities - many of them support new and interesting builds compared to the base game set.

 

In general, I suppose a generic, one-size-fits-most build would be something like: Astra, Luna, Lethality, Luck+20, Solidarity/Lone Wolf, Galeforce/Quick Wit. Adapt and adjust as needed for each character.

In fact, Armored Blow is broken when used with the Armor Strike attribute: you CANNOT loose your armor as long as you don´t stop attacking (Pass works too but is kinda pointless). Also, C1 of the archers count as an attack while charging, so.... have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 8:46 AM, Nesugosu said:

In fact, Armored Blow is broken when used with the Armor Strike attribute: you CANNOT loose your armor as long as you don´t stop attacking (Pass works too but is kinda pointless). Also, C1 of the archers count as an attack while charging, so.... have fun!

It's a moderately useful interaction, occasionally. I wouldn't call it broken, or enough to make Armoured Blow (or Armour Strike) worth using.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 3:46 AM, Nesugosu said:

In fact, Armored Blow is broken when used with the Armor Strike attribute: you CANNOT loose your armor as long as you don´t stop attacking (Pass works too but is kinda pointless). Also, C1 of the archers count as an attack while charging, so.... have fun!

Defensive stats and skills become kinda useless at high-level play. It's feasible to just dodge everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there. I'm currently on doing the History Mode of this game with the map being the Path is Yours. I am on the Xander battle but am stuck. I have seized every single fort and outpost, and defeated practically every one of Nohrian's important forces besides Xander himself, this is because the enemy base gate is seizing to open. What do I need to do in particular to have that gate open? No matter how much enemies I'm fighting with all forts seized, it's not opening. That being said I failed the mission of stopping the summoner from calling scouting troops so maybe that might have to do with it so there's that to throw into the wind as well, if there's any solutions please let me know as soon as you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Glorious Showoff said:

Hi there. I'm currently on doing the History Mode of this game with the map being the Path is Yours. I am on the Xander battle but am stuck. I have seized every single fort and outpost, and defeated practically every one of Nohrian's important forces besides Xander himself, this is because the enemy base gate is seizing to open. What do I need to do in particular to have that gate open? No matter how much enemies I'm fighting with all forts seized, it's not opening. That being said I failed the mission of stopping the summoner from calling scouting troops so maybe that might have to do with it so there's that to throw into the wind as well, if there's any solutions please let me know as soon as you can.

Your current objective should be displayed in the top-right corner.

In that mission, the goal is to first eliminate the two Ruffians advancing on your bases. After that's done, the enemy base should open and Xander should advance upon your base himself.

If you're absolutely certain you defeated the Ruffians and the base still didn't open, I'm not sure what to tell you. Perhaps restart the mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I decided to finally get into this game, but I'm having trouble deciding a couple builds as I approach +100 level missions: namely when to use bolster and when to use amped with low luck characters: Tharja, Frederick, Leo, Robin, Niles, and Camilla.

The catch is I find Camilla, Robin, Niles, and possibly Leo great candidates for statflip, nearly doubling their def/res for a minor decrease in their opposite stat/str/mag. In Niles case, he also gets topsy turvy giving him near double magic damage and though his res is halved it's worth the boost to mag and def stats, while Leo gets a significant ~30  points of magic and a small gain to defense. All these units are ran with amped so far, and I have topsy turvy (or non tt in Niles case)/legendary alternate weapon builds planned for each as well.

Why is this relevant? Because statflip/tt take away a lot of slots for bolster. Amped is simple: add it to one slot an done. Bolster requires the slot for itself plus a few boost/attack attributes to be viable. swap skills take away those slots, making bolster less effective. If most damage output will come from weapons/Luna/lethality, then I'm thinking I should prioritize bulk and luck stats.statflip is tremendous in turning mixed attackers into bulkier units with a relatively equal or higher attack stat in either their strength or magic, which is a good tradeoff to me since you can't use both str and mag at the same time anyway. Making alternate bolster dedicated weapons isn't much doable either since you replace statflip with legendary for non prfs and it's the same issue (unless the prf is the bolster and non prfs is the amped which I am considering). But if bolstering is a better way to go, that is if bulk stats don't matter at higher levels when enemies start using hero weapons, then I'm open to removing statflip/tt builds

So that leaves Tharja and Frederick non-amped right now. I'm not satisfied with how often they trigger lethality or the damage output they're getting. Both have Luna as well of course. Neither one benefit from statflipping or topsy turvy builds either. So it's a question of how much benefit they get from bolster vs amped while the others is how much benefit they get from bolster vs amped vs amped/statflip/topsy turvy

Another note is I want builds that ideally the ai can reliably use, so while I am aware of Tharja awakening builds based around vengeance and can build a time for that, I also want an alternative build that the ai won't get merc'd for being in red health at all times. 

All units are running astra, Luna, lethality, and paragon nor a right now, so if you have skill recommendations on top of bolster/amped builds for low luck units, then please prioritize them so I know which skill to drop while I'm running paragon and/or payday depending on the map/my situation

Edited by Vaeth
fixed typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2021 at 6:21 AM, Vaeth said:

So I decided to finally get into this game, but I'm having trouble deciding a couple builds as I approach +100 level missions: namely when to use bolster and when to use amped with low luck characters: Tharja, Frederick, Leo, Robin, Niles, and Camilla.

The catch is I find Camilla, Robin, Niles, and possibly Leo great candidates for statflip, nearly doubling their def/res for a minor decrease in their opposite stat/str/mag. In Niles case, he also gets topsy turvy giving him near double magic damage and though his res is halved it's worth the boost to mag and def stats, while Leo gets a significant ~30  points of magic and a small gain to defense. All these units are ran with amped so far, and I have topsy turvy (or non tt in Niles case)/legendary alternate weapon builds planned for each as well.

Why is this relevant? Because statflip/tt take away a lot of slots for bolster. Amped is simple: add it to one slot an done. Bolster requires the slot for itself plus a few boost/attack attributes to be viable. swap skills take away those slots, making bolster less effective. If most damage output will come from weapons/Luna/lethality, then I'm thinking I should prioritize bulk and luck stats.statflip is tremendous in turning mixed attackers into bulkier units with a relatively equal or higher attack stat in either their strength or magic, which is a good tradeoff to me since you can't use both str and mag at the same time anyway. Making alternate bolster dedicated weapons isn't much doable either since you replace statflip with legendary for non prfs and it's the same issue (unless the prf is the bolster and non prfs is the amped which I am considering). But if bolstering is a better way to go, that is if bulk stats don't matter at higher levels when enemies start using hero weapons, then I'm open to removing statflip/tt builds

So that leaves Tharja and Frederick non-amped right now. I'm not satisfied with how often they trigger lethality or the damage output they're getting. Both have Luna as well of course. Neither one benefit from statflipping or topsy turvy builds either. So it's a question of how much benefit they get from bolster vs amped while the others is how much benefit they get from bolster vs amped vs amped/statflip/topsy turvy

Another note is I want builds that ideally the ai can reliably use, so while I am aware of Tharja awakening builds based around vengeance and can build a time for that, I also want an alternative build that the ai won't get merc'd for being in red health at all times. 

All units are running astra, Luna, lethality, and paragon nor a right now, so if you have skill recommendations on top of bolster/amped builds for low luck units, then please prioritize them so I know which skill to drop while I'm running paragon and/or payday depending on the map/my situation

Always go Amped. Amped is one of, if not the best weapon attributes in the game, and should be slapped onto everybody's weapons as soon as you can get it. I personally find Bolster to be much less effective in general. It just can't compete with Amped.

I don't personally find Statflip worthwhile; trading offense for defense is bad in a game where you can become skilled enough to dodge everything anyway. Trading defense for offense is somewhat better, but even the bulkiest of defensive characters in this game don't add a worthwhile amount of power in my opinion. I do run Topsy-Turvy on a few characters (Lissa, Cordelia, Owain, Celica, Sakura) if only to differentiate them from their clones and let them perform different roles, but only Lissa and Sakura really benefit significantly from it.

The best way to boost luck on low-luck characters is, simple though it may sound, Celica's Luck +20 skill. It increases your Luna damage by a decent amount and your Lethality proc rate by a flat 10%. It also improves Payday as a nice side bonus.

I run Astra, Luna, Lethality, Luck +20, Paragon, and Payday on my characters, trading the latter two out for Galeforce, Awakening, Solidarity, or Iote's Shield on a per-character basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...