General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

18 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Well, both would be very much appreciated. I like to think it would be a nice way to change up the games if could do so I would love to experience this concept on a series I enjoy.

Well the way Dynasty Warriors does it would fit with FE weapon switching, so i'm wondering if they'll go that route.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

I didn't know Dynasty Warriors does that now, I just assume it was an Orochi thing.

Nah Orochi didn't do it at all, every character had their one moveset, but there was 100+ haha

8 hours ago, Jedi said:

Nah Orochi didn't do it at all, every character had their one moveset, but there was 100+ haha

Well I stand corrected.

Hate bring back a controversial subject but can anyone confirm or about the decision making roster interview was something in lost in translation or it was actually accurate on what they said?

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Hate bring back a controversial subject but can anyone confirm or about the decision making roster interview was something in lost in translation or it was actually accurate on what they said?

Which interview?  Are you talking about the one from Famitsu (where they first stated that representation was limited to "mostly" three games) or the Kotaku one (where they mentioned Donnel)?  Or is there some other interview I'm unaware of?

10 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Which interview?  Are you talking about the one from Famitsu (where they first stated that representation was limited to "mostly" three games) or the Kotaku one (where they mentioned Donnel)?  Or is there some other interview I'm unaware of?

There was an interview about Donny?

I'm talking about the interview regarding about the representation.

39 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Pretty much they stated that they've tried to balance weapon type usage (it just so happens alot of the early showed characters used swords). 

That we'd only be focusing on Shadow Dragon, Awakening & Fates (until DLC probably like how Hyrule Warriors focused on Ocarina, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword at first) 

And that the representation between the 3 games would not be entirely equal.

56 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Pretty much they stated that they've tried to balance weapon type usage (it just so happens alot of the early showed characters used swords). 

That we'd only be focusing on Shadow Dragon, Awakening & Fates (until DLC probably like how Hyrule Warriors focused on Ocarina, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword at first) 

And that the representation between the 3 games would not be entirely equal.

Wonder how the Zelda community felt about that one? Wouldn't exactly be surprise if that went negatively with them.

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Wonder how the Zelda community felt about that one? Wouldn't exactly be surprise if that went negatively with them.

They weren't nearly as vocal as our community is, they were just happy to see HW's some were annoyed at the lack of old game representation. They were more upset Groose wasn't in the game than anything else. Oh of course there were some that were annoyed Skyward Sword was getting any attention at all as well.

But the DLC added stuff from Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, A Link Between Worlds and such. 

Edited by Jedi

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

There was indeed an interview where Donnel was mentioned.  Kotaku asked the guys in charge if he'd be in the game, and they essentially gave us a resounding "probably" which some people interpreted as "he's definitely in".  Caused quite a ruckus for a bit, probably mostly due to his status as a meme.  It's why I assumed this was one of the possible "controversies" you were referring to, and it was also another interview that talked about representation.

But in regards to the representation deal, they've reiterated it a few times, so I doubt much is lost to translation.  And they expanded on how the representation would play out.  I think most expect Awakening and Fates to get the most reps, with the latter edging out the former simply due to having a lot more main characters.  I wouldn't count on any fans' assumptions though until we have the complete picture.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

There was indeed an interview where Donnel was mentioned.  Kotaku asked the guys in charge if he'd be in the game, and they essentially gave us a resounding "probably" which some people interpreted as "he's definitely in".  Caused quite a ruckus for a bit, probably mostly due to his status as a meme.  It's why I assumed this was one of the possible "controversies" you were referring to, and it was also another interview that talked about representation.

But in regards to the representation deal, they've reiterated it a few times, so I doubt much is lost to translation.  And they expanded on how the representation would play out.  I think most expect Awakening and Fates to get the most reps, with the latter edging out the former simply due to having a lot more main characters.  I wouldn't count on any fans' assumptions though until we have the complete picture.

I think the one thing most fans agree on in regards to the unequal representation of the three games is that Shadow Dragon is going to get the least amount of character reps. (Weapons however...)

11 minutes ago, Folt said:

I think the one thing most fans agree on in regards to the unequal representation of the three games is that Shadow Dragon is going to get the least amount of character reps. (Weapons however...)

Fates is probably getting the most too. Also, if every character has one weapon, whichever has the least characters has the least weapons.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Fates is probably getting the most too. Also, if every character has one weapon, whichever has the least characters has the least weapons.

No, I'm talking possible legendary weapons and stuff.

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me too much if legendary weapons from FEs other than the three games shown would make an appearance as usable weapons at a certain amount of skill.

1 minute ago, Folt said:

No, I'm talking possible legendary weapons and stuff.

Heck, it wouldn't surprise me too much if legendary weapons from FEs other than the three games shown would make an appearance as usable weapons at a certain amount of skill.

If there are multiple weapons per type, I could definitely see some legacy weapons finding their way in. 

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

They weren't nearly as vocal as our community is, they were just happy to see HW's some were annoyed at the lack of old game representation. They were more upset Groose wasn't in the game than anything else. Oh of course there were some that were annoyed Skyward Sword was getting any attention at all as well.

But the DLC added stuff from Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening, A Link Between Worlds and such. 

& To this day my heart is still @ dismay for the lack of Groose. He needs to be Loose! :(

21 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

16 minutes ago, Folt said:

It would be a shame on if that was the case. I would like to see the 1st game in the series get more rep as much the next guy. Regarding Fate's rep, I have no doubt the Royal Siblings will make it in with the exceptions of the little sister.

10 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

It would be a shame on if that was the case. I would like to see the 1st game in the series get more rep as much the next guy. Regarding Fate's rep, I have no doubt the Royal Siblings will make it in with the exceptions of the little sister.

It'll depend on the roster size I think, if its smaller than expected the little sisters might be out, if its bigger than they'll be there I think.

42 minutes ago, Jedi said:

It'll depend on the roster size I think, if its smaller than expected the little sisters might be out, if its bigger than they'll be there I think.

So let's say the base roster is 30, what would their odds be now?

35 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So let's say the base roster is 30, what would their odds be now?

Decent, but it also depends on how much focus goes to Awakening & Shadow Dragon. 35 they'd probably be a lock.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Ok then

Not actually a question about the game but when will you post your "Dream roster"?

Hmm, I'll consider putting it up later tonight if I can think of it all.

On 7/13/2017 at 4:45 PM, Zangetsu said:

As someone that lurked about different forums during Hyrule Warriors hype, I can tell you that it was seen more as a minor annoyance then anything mainly down to a few reasons..

1) Pre-OoT Zelda titles didn't have that many memorable characters. Zelda II had Dark/Shadow Link..a literal clone..who kinda got in, LttP had Agahnim, LA had Marin (who got in later). Worth noting some wanted Old Man from Zelda 1 as a joke character.

2) OoT and TP were very popular games while SS at least had a few great characters like Ghirahim and Groose.

3) Other games like WW, Oracles, etc had a drastically different arts type then those three games and the OCs which all used more or less the same OoT artstyle..not that it mattered in the end.

Suffice it to say it's simply down to Zelda having less memorable characters then Fire Emblem..which is only natural given the style of the games and their stories.

I still fully expect more game representation via DLC, particularly Blazing Blade, Binding Blade, Path of Radiance/RD, and Shadow of Valentia.

Edited by Deva Ashera

10 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Hey, do we know the name of Rowan's sword?

Sadly no, Gamexplain never paused in their demonstration of him ;/ 

23 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

As someone that lurked about different forums during Hyrule Warriors hype, I can tell you that it was seen more as a minor annoyance then anything mainly down to a few reasons..

1) Pre-OoT Zelda titles didn't have that many memorable characters. Zelda II had Dark/Shadow Link..a literal clone..who kinda got in, LttP had Agahnim, LA had Marin (who got in later). Worth noting some wanted Old Man from Zelda 1 as a joke character.

2) OoT and TP were very popular games while SS at least had a few great characters like Ghirahim and Groose.

3) Other games like WW, Oracles, etc had a drastically different arts type then those three games and the OCs which all used more or less the same OoT artstyle..not that it mattered in the end.

Suffice it to say it's simply down to Zelda having less memorable characters then Fire Emblem..which is only natural given the style of the games and their stories.

I still fully expect more game representation via DLC, particularly Blazing Blade, Binding Blade, Path of Radiance/RD, and Shadow of Valentia.

As beloved as the Zelda franchise is, it's always been very weak when it came to the cast of the franchise. I always remember how people wanted more Zelda reps in Smash Bros but I'm always thinking to myself the only one really viable is Ghiriham & Midna. Pretty much I was so open minded when it came to Hyrule Warriors. Still have a major disdain towards Agitha though.

In any case I'm pretty sure it's exactly what you say about DLC & it'll include Elibe & Tellius Series. As for SOV/Gaiden, hate to say it but I can only Alm & Celica making it in.

9 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

As beloved as the Zelda franchise is, it's always been very weak when it came to the cast of the franchise. I always remember how people wanted more Zelda reps in Smash Bros but I'm always thinking to myself the only one really viable is Ghiriham & Midna. Pretty much I was so open minded when it came to Hyrule Warriors. Still have a major disdain towards Agitha though.

As stated before there was still annoyance at the lack of Vaati, Skull Kid (at first), Groose and several others (heck some even wanted Ralph just to have another guy), but yeah it doesn't really compare much to FE which has tons. 

Although I heard BoTW added quite a number of memorable characters, so they'd probably be highly sought after if HW was later than it was.