General Warriors & FE Warriors Questions Thread

Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

As stated before there was still annoyance at the lack of Vaati, Skull Kid (at first), Groose and several others (heck some even wanted Ralph just to have another guy), but yeah it doesn't really compare much to FE which has tons. 

Although I heard BoTW added quite a number of memorable characters, so they'd probably be highly sought after if HW was later than it was.

Funnily, in the interview they actually noted on how much harder limiting the roster would've been if BotW had been out at that time.

21 minutes ago, TheInternetExplorer said:

@Jedi

Have the Warriors games ever had a "two characters in one" kind of thing? I was thinking about how Sakura and Elise could get in, and this came to my mind. It would make them different from Takumi and Leo as well.

To my knowledge it's never been done, Warriors games don't usually like splitting their movesets for 2 characters into one, even in Hyrule Warriors Midna used a Shadow Wolf and not a Wolf Link even. 

Some characters can spawn clone versions of themselves and expand the range of their moveset (see Nene from Samurai Warriors or Cao Cao in DW8 for two of a few examples). But there isn't a straight out dual character (unless theres one in a crossover I missed). Or if I'm absolutely forgetting someone right now

Edited by Jedi

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

To my knowledge it's never been done, Warriors games don't usually like splitting their movesets for 2 characters into one, even in Hyrule Warriors Midna used a Shadow Wolf and not a Wolf Link even. 

Some characters can spawn clone versions of themselves and expand the range of their moveset (see Nene from Samurai Warriors or Cao Cao in DW8 for two of a few examples). But there isn't a straight out dual character (unless theres one in a crossover I missed). 

Never? That's disappointing. I still expect them to get in, but I hope they're not competing with their elder brothers.

2 minutes ago, TheInternetExplorer said:

Never? That's disappointing. I still expect them to get in, but I hope they're not competing with their elder brothers.

Well usually, they are very focused on making indivduals stand out, considering their series are usually loosely based on actual historical events, they couldn't just hogtie two characters together, if they want to show off like a literal interpretation of pair up, I'm not so sure they'd do it with the little sisters anyways, considering they'll probably want to have the Hoshido vs Nohr drama to a degree at the beginning of the Fates involvement with the plot.

6 hours ago, Folt said:

They'd probably be highly sought after in a hypothetical Hyrule Warriors sequel as well.

I don't see that happening despite how well it was receive & sold.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I don't see that happening despite how well it was receive & sold.

Hence why I said hypothetical.

That said, I have hope that we'll get one, or at least another game that could expand on it like Legends did.

4 minutes ago, Folt said:

Hence why I said hypothetical.

That said, I have hope that we'll get one, or at least another game that could expand on it like Legends did.

I don't know why you use strikethrough for something you would like to happen but whatever

I agree it would be nice to have a sequel to Hyrule Warriors

A Hyrule Warriors on Switch with playable Mipha and the other champions? Sign me the heck up! That might possibly be the next step if FEW is a success, because then Koei will know the Switch will have Musou support in it's community.

That aside, I've been playing through both Shadow Dragon and FE1 again to try and familiarize myself with the story and characters, just to get a feel for what the devs could pull from for the Marth portion, and honestly? It could be a completely different affair depending on which they choose to base the Marth side off of. 

Like, the difference of Wing Spear Caeda or Sword-Wielding Caeda, Hauteclere Minerva or Levin Sword Minerva, Gordin with a crossbow or Gordin with a lame bow. I assume they'd be going with SD on these, but just imagining what could be? It's a fun time.

15 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

A Hyrule Warriors on Switch with playable Mipha and the other champions? Sign me the heck up! That might possibly be the next step if FEW is a success, because then Koei will know the Switch will have Musou support in it's community.

That aside, I've been playing through both Shadow Dragon and FE1 again to try and familiarize myself with the story and characters, just to get a feel for what the devs could pull from for the Marth portion, and honestly? It could be a completely different affair depending on which they choose to base the Marth side off of. 

Like, the difference of Wing Spear Caeda or Sword-Wielding Caeda, Hauteclere Minerva or Levin Sword Minerva, Gordin with a crossbow or Gordin with a lame bow. I assume they'd be going with SD on these, but just imagining what could be? It's a fun time.

I'd honestly play FE3 for a feel of the general stuff with Marths games since thats the most beloved FE by the Japanese for the most part.

On 2017-07-17 at 0:19 AM, Jedi said:

I'd honestly play FE3 for a feel of the general stuff with Marths games since thats the most beloved FE by the Japanese for the most part.

thats the hard part. did they specifically say shadow dragon or mystery of the emblem? cause mabey even some japanese people would be upset to not see a few characters from the mystery of the emblem side.

2 hours ago, Thany said:

thats the hard part. did they specifically say shadow dragon or mystery of the emblem? cause mabey even some japanese people would be upset to not see a few characters from the mystery of the emblem side.

They keep saying Shadow Dragon.

2 hours ago, Thany said:

Piggybacking off of what @Arthur97 said, Marth's design is clearly based off his SD one (compared to his NME one with a breastplate, which has become his standard design-- being used in both Smash 4 and Heroes).

11 hours ago, Thany said:

They said Shadow Dragon, but half of Mystery of the Emblem is a retelling of FE1 so it can still count in this technically.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Maybe this isn't really place to ask but what exactly are Kris' odds of being in this game?

I'm going to say quite low, sadly. Mystery isn't the Marth-focus for this game.

29 minutes ago, BlizzardWolf95 said:

I'm going to say quite low, sadly. Mystery isn't the Marth-focus for this game.

Geez that was a fast response.

Well damn guess I should have known.

Ah well, so much for two handed sword style. Damn, I really play a character like Siegfried.

Anyone got idea who else can use this style?

Edited by Zangetsu

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Geez that was a fast response.

Well damn guess I should have known.

Ah well, so much for two handed sword style. Damn, I really play a character like Siegfried.

Anyone got idea who else can use this style?

Ogma would probably be a heavy 2 handed swordsman if he got in. Just a guess though on my part

9 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Maybe this isn't really place to ask but what exactly are Kris' odds of being in this game?

Adding to what Blizzard said, Kris generally isn't a popular character.  At least not from what I've seen, but then again, I don't mingle in Japanese forums.

And like Jedi said, there are other more likely characters who would probably take on the 2 handed sword style.  In fact, Kris's default design and animations are based off of classic mercs like Ogma.

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

Ogma would probably be a heavy 2 handed swordsman if he got in. Just a guess though on my part

That Heroes' portrait of Ogma's Brave Sword is incredibly deceptive. Well regardless, looks like we found the Guts counterpart then. Hope he isn't too much like the Berserker considering absurdly (& silly) Guts' background is.

3 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Adding to what Blizzard said, Kris generally isn't a popular character.  At least not from what I've seen, but then again, I don't mingle in Japanese forums.

And like Jedi said, there are other more likely characters who would probably take on the 2 handed sword style.  In fact, Kris's default design and animations are based off of classic mercs like Ogma.

Who's Blizzard? :huh:

I'm not really surprise by this since the Mystery was never release over here & going over what I heard about Shadow of Dragon's remake's reception I never really thought Kris had a good chance to begin with.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Who's Blizzard? :huh:

I'm not really surprise by this since the Mystery was never release over here & going over what I heard about Shadow of Dragon's remake's reception I never really thought Kris had a good chance to begin with.

I'm referring to the guy who first responded to you; BlizzardWolf95.

And it isn't just because of SD's reception.  Actually, SD did better than the Tellius games, from what I heard.  But anyway, a lot of people who played New Mystery of the Emblem criticized Kris for overshadowing Marth, and some would say he ruined the legacy of the original story.  So even if New Mystery was an absolute hit and the west got it, he wouldn't make it in by virtue of low favorability (if favorability kept the exact same ratio regardless of audience size) and the fact that he doesn't have his own unique class unlike the other two avatars.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

I'm referring to the guy who first responded to you; BlizzardWolf95.

And it isn't just because of SD's reception.  Actually, SD did better than the Tellius games, from what I heard.  But anyway, a lot of people who played New Mystery of the Emblem criticized Kris for overshadowing Marth, and some would say he ruined the legacy of the original story.  So even if New Mystery was an absolute hit and the west got it, he wouldn't make it in by virtue of low favorability (if favorability kept the exact same ratio regardless of audience size) and the fact that he doesn't have his own unique class unlike the other two avatars.

Probably should have put the 2 together there.

Anyways, damn so he really was a mary-sue. Aw crap, would've like to play the game myself since I do think Mary Sue are more acceptable in video games.