My First Fire Emblem Fanfiction/Story

KadenTheKitsune

Hey everyone!

I've been working on this for a few days now. This is my first Fire Emblem Fanfiction, or whatever you want to label it as. So, my story is about what happens after Fire Emblem Echoes, specifically the character endings. I felt like Luthier's ending left a little too much to the imagination, but hey, imagination is awesome. So when I saw Luthier's ending, I immediately wanted to write something about it that explains what actually happens to him.

WARNING: This will obviously include spoilers about Fire Emblem Echoes. Read at your own risk.

I always appreciate feedback, but please don't point out every little tiny mistake or argue about things that you might not think makes sense. Please understand that I'm not perfect and I'll make mistakes, and that this is my story, and I can write whatever I want in it.

I'll eventually leave a link due to the lack of space here, but for now, you can find the first 3 Chapters of my first Fire Emblem Fanfiction here (Title Pending)

Spoiler

Chapter 1: True Purpose

Luthier sat on his bed reading a paperback from one of the many novels that crowded his bookshelf. As he turned the page, he heard a knock at the door. “Come in.” He tone held a hint of annoyance.

His little sister Delthea stood in the doorway. “Hey, big brother!” She walked over to Luthier and sat next to him on the bed. “What ‘cha reading?”

“I’d appreciate if you didn’t interrupt my quiet time, Delthea.” Luthier said. “I don’t really have that much time to myself to begin with, and when I do, I try to make the most of it.”

“What are you talking about?” Delthea asked, surprised. “Lately you’ve been cooped in here, reading or studying. Is something bothering you, Luthier? You can tell me-.”

“I’m fine, Delthea.” Luthier couldn’t look her in the eyes. “I’m just-.”

“You’re lying.” Delthea said, starting to get angry. “Why can’t you tell me, Luthier?!? I know you’ve been thinking about something for quite a while. Do you not trust me or something, brother? I’m your sister!” Delthea was really angry now.

“I know I can trust you, little sister.” Luthier said. “But I wish not to burden you with my problems at such a young age.”

“I wish you would stop treating me like a baby.” Delthea said impatiently. “I can handle it. Before the war, I was an annoying little sister who couldn’t handle her own power. But ever since we defeated Duma, I’ve grown up. I’ve become more mature, and I can control my powers now.”

“You weren’t kidding at the “annoying” part.” Luthier remarked.

“Hey!” Delthea said. “I’m actually trying to be serious! I’ve changed. The War’s changed me.”

“Well, you seemed to have matured compared to before we saved you from helping destroy Valentia.”

“That’s not fair! I was under control of an evil warlock!” Delthea complained.

“Fine, if you wish to get yourself involved in this mess, I shall tell you.” Luthier said, sitting up straight and setting the book aside on the bedside table. “The truth is, I’ve been thinking a lot about my true purpose in life.”

“True purpose?” Delthea asked, confused.

“Yes, I feel like I don’t belong in this world. But I want to do something to change that.” Luthier said, picking at a spec of yarn stuck to his robes. “Delthea, it’s time I tell you a little story.”

“Story? What kind of story?” Delthea asked, starting to get excited. “Is it a fairy tale?”

“No, little sister. It’s something much more complicated than simple fiction. It’s a legend from our lineage. Something that our parents told me before…, you know.” Luthier said, looking away from Delthea.

“Mother and Father never told me a legend. Why did they tell you and not me?” Delthea complained.

“They told me when I first started practicing magic, when I was just a child, so you weren’t born yet.” Luthier said. “I guess they thought I wouldn’t remember it, but they were wrong. Their story has stayed with me ever since that day.” Luthier started to get lost in thought, but quickly snapped out of it. “Get ready, Delthea. This might take a while.”

“Oh, boy. I wish I brought some popcorn.”

Chapter 2: The Legend of Elvarious

“Delthea, as you know, our family comes from a long line of mages. Starting from our earliest ancestors, all of our family has been able to use some aspect of magic.

But have you ever wondered how we got our magic in the first place? Well, our first ancestors weren’t born with the power. They acquired it from somewhere. Or something. That something was the Tome of Elvarious, or it is often referred to as just Elvarious.

Elvarious is a powerful tome, but more importantly, it is our family’s personal tome. Only those who bare our family name can call on the power of Elvarious. Those who try to use the tome and don’t have our family mark will fail and be instantly punished by the Gods.

You must be wondering how our family gained control of Elvarious. It’s a complicated story, so I’ll summarize it for you.

Our first ancestor was different from the rest of his family. He was considered an outcast. There was just something that set him apart from everyone else, and he knew it. One day his family disowned him. They kicked him out of the family and told him to never come back. They really thought that he was a punishment sent from the Gods.

Our ancestor knew that this would happen, as he had a dream about this on that previous night. But it still pained him to leave the only people that he knew.

So he found a nice, quiet cave to stay until he could figure something out. While he stayed there, weird things happened. Whenever the cave became too dark, a flame extended from the palm of his hand. When there was an intruder nearby, he wished for the man to go away, and right after that thought came to mind, a surge of lightning struck the man, killing him.

The poor guy thought that he was going crazy. He thought that he was imagining all these things happening.

One day, the ancestor started to write. He kept on writing for days. But the thing was, he couldn’t actually stop, no matter what he tried to do. Eventually he stopped writing. But by now the book was done. Our first ancestor stopped to look what he actually wrote for the first time and saw that he had written the whole book in a different language. He had never seen these symbols before.

But somehow, he could understand the symbols. He read the book every day, and soon after he could use magic and cast spells. He had decided that he was a mage, a gift from the Gods to change the world. The man had written a tome book. He named it after himself, the Tome of Elvarious.

He wanted to tell somebody about what he had discovered, but he feared that he would be killed. Back then, people like him were looked down on, and thought to be evil sent by the Gods to destroy them. Some of those people were even killed. So Elvarious was smart to go into hiding, or most likely he would have died before he had written the tome.

A few years later, Elvarious met a lovely woman named Telma. Telma knew immediately that he was special the first time she saw him. Elvarious trusted her enough to keep his secret. Telma didn’t mind that he was a mage, and they got married soon after. Elvarious’ magic energy was passed down from his offspring for generations and generations up until this day. But there have been some exceptions.

You see, some people have been lucky to receive more energy than others. So much power that some people can’t control it on their own. An example of this is you, Delthea. You have more energy than me, Mother, and Father did combined. You’re one of a kind.

Meanwhile, others have been cursed to receive a really low amount of energy. Like Mother and I, for instance. She never fully grasped her power, and I don’t have enough of the energy to make my spells meanwhile, yet I have a huge amount of Skill to balance it out.

But the Tome of Elvarious has become lost somewhere throughout history. Rumor is that it is hidden in the Cove of Dreams, which is located in an unnamed location in the midst of Archanea.

You see, Delthea, my true purpose in life is to find the Tome of Elvarious and bring it to Alm to prevent evil from gaining control of it. I need to do this. This is what I was supposed to do. And I’m going to leave for Archanea by tonight.”

Chapter 3: An Emotional Goodbye

Delthea sat on the bed in silence, wide eyes staring at Luthier.

“I thought that you’d be blurting out questions as soon as I finished the story.” Luthier said, surprised.

Delthea still stared at him, but moments later found her voice again. “I’m speechless.” She said. “Maybe for the first time in my life.”

“I wish you were speechless more often.” Luthier remarked, smiling.

“Shut up.” Delthea said, and playfully hit him. “And I do have a lot of questions.”

“That’s more like the Delthea I know.”

“Okay, first of all, this whole legend could turn out to be fake.” Delthea said. “Why risk everything for a tome that could be imaginary?”

“Our parents wouldn’t lie to me.” Luthier said. “Why would they tell me something like that if it wasn’t true?”

“I don’t know.” Delthea said finally. “So you’re planning on leaving me here to go to Archanea to try to find the Tome of Elvarious? By yourself?”

“I’m sorry, Delthea. I wish that you could come with me, but it’s far too dangerous.”

“Fine.” Delthea said. “I respect your choice, big brother. If you think that I’ll be safer staying back, then I’ll stay back.”

Luthier started at Delthea in surprise. Delthea never acted this way. He thought.

“Wow.” Luthier managed. “I was expecting you to argue with me until I agreed for you to come with me instead of not putting up a fight.”

“Luthier, I told you that I’ve become more mature now. Part of being mature is to know when to fight and when to give up.” Delthea explained. “I know that you only want the best for me. So I’ll stay safe in the village so you don’t have to worry about me.”

Luthier made a face that he had never thought was possible for him. Was it pride?

“I’m proud of you, Delthea.” Luthier said, smiling. “You’ve grown into a strong young lady from where you once were. I’m so happy to be your big brother.”

“Me too.” Delthea’s said softly. With tears in her eye, she hugged her brother, tight so it seemed that they were one person, but not hard enough so it hurt. “I’ll miss you, Luthier.”

“Me too, Delthea.” Luthier softly moved away from Delthea, ending the hug. “I need to leave for Zofia Harbor soon. The quicker I leave, the quicker-“

“I know why our parents told you but didn’t tell me.” Delthea said suddenly, starting to look embarrassed.

“Yes?” Luthier said, intrigued.

“They knew that you were going to find Elvarious eventually, Luthier. They knew that you were going to complete the legend.” Delthea said. “This quest was meant for you, Luthier. That’s why they didn’t tell me. They didn’t want me to get involved and try to find Elvarious on my own. There’s no doubt in my mind that Elvarious is truly out there, waiting for you to find it.”

“I’m glad you understand why I have to do this.” Luthier said.

“At least I can know you’ll be safe on your journey, Luthier. You have your magic and your wits with you.”

“Yes.” Luthier said quickly. If only Delthea knew… “Hey, Delthea, what will you do when I’m gone?”

“I don’t know. Probably find some cute guy and marry him.” Delthea said. “Someone that will make me happy with both his personality and his good looks.” She smiled.

“Oh, Delthea.” Luthier complained. But he couldn’t help but smile. He started to think deeply about something. “Delthea, you have a gift. I want you to practice it and use it to help others. Promise me that before I leave.”

“Of course, brother.” Delthea said, looking away and smiling uneasily. Was Delthea hiding something? She ran over and gave Luthier one last hug. “I love you, Luthier! Good luck on your quest!”

“Bye, Delthea.” Luthier said. “I’ll see you when I return with Elvarious.”

Delthea gave Luthier a quick wave and went out the door. Luthier grabbed a bag and packed his belongings that he would take his journey with him. As Luthier was walking out the door, he mumbled:

“I will find you, Elvarious. And when I do, I shall bring peace for my parents in their graves.”