What do you think happens when a Body Ring is used, personally?

So for those not as well informed as to what this is, a Body ring is a type of stat gain item in the Fire Emblem series that increases the constitution stat in some games. Constitution basically measures your body and how much you can carry, including other units when rescuing, if that is present in the game, or the ability to carry weapons in others.

What I want to know is, what do you think happens with somebody when a Body Ring is used?

basically the same thing as LoZ's goron bracelets. It increases the capacity of things you can lift, without actually altering your body itself. Same with Energy Rings. This is especially obvious in the Body Ring's case as the increase in con is displayed as a permanent green "buff" stat, rather than adding +2 to the old one.

6 minutes ago, Ritisa said:

basically the same thing as LoZ's goron bracelets. It increases the capacity of things you can lift, without actually altering your body itself. Same with Energy Rings. This is especially obvious in the Body Ring's case as the increase in con is displayed as a permanent green "buff" stat, rather than adding +2 to the old one.

does it make you heavier too? since i'm pretty sure if your con increases you also get harder to lift

Actually I'd have to double check that. I feel like the Body Ring doesn't actually make it harder to rescue someone, since it's counted as a buff not a hard stat?

Even if it does ehhh it'd make sense if it did something like that. Counterbalance. No hard physical change, but enough to offset the strength increase to prevent this object from freaking breaking your flimsy little arms. The Energy Ring on the other hand just, uh, puts more force behind what you do? I mean that'd explain to a degree why it works on magic too.

A unit who uses the Body Ring gets a small increase in their mass, reflected in game by an increase to their constitution stat.

Unfortunately, the increase in mass makes their hands too big for the ring, causing it to get stuck permanently on whatever finger they placed it. That's why you can only use it once. 

That's my headcannon and I'm sticking with it. 

I always imagined them just wearing it like a competitive fighting champion's belt that weighs as much as 2 points of Constitution and also makes them stronger by, like, emboldening them or something.