"Boundless Chaos" mentioned by Randal???

For lack of pictures I will just type out the conversation. He mentions this "Boundless Chaos" when you talk to him at an entrance. 

The conversation goes as follows: "So. We meet again. You don't know what you're in for, taking us in. Heh. We've been from country to country, but this land is especially unique. The oranges are luscious, and so are the women. Check...aaand check. Hey, but lemme ask - you ever heard of somethin' called the Boundless Chaos? ...No? Eh, never mind, then. Forget I said anything."

Perhaps I am just overthinking this but I am very curious as to what this is, and if it is a reference to another game, or maybe a cipher reference (which means I wouldn't get it). If anyone has an idea or knows please share, and if no one does, I suppose I just over thought it.

A part of me was wondering if they were simply referring to Fire Emblem Heroes' Tempest Trials but by another name (Boundless Chaos). Otherwise, I'm willing to guess it is more of a Cipher thing. I do not know much about Cipher save for the awesome artwork, so I don't know if it truly has any relation.

Of course, it could be a subtle reference to FE Switch or is brought up as a concept of how the Cipher characters travel "continent to continent."

I believe it's either a Cipher reference of some kind or he means Duma, since Jedah also mentions something about chaos.

I honestly doubt it's a reference to FE Switch. If that was the case, they would have to include these four in FE Switch as well. I wouldn't mind it, because the Cipher characters are awesome, but I doubt that we will see these four again, sadly.

It's a Cipher reference and a pretty obscure one at that.

It's implied to be the mysterious driving force that allows all the Fire Emblem timelines to connect so that the Cipher card game "makes sense" story-wise.

10 hours ago, VincentASM said:

It's implied to be the mysterious driving force that allows all the Fire Emblem timelines to connect so that the Cipher card game "makes sense" story-wise.

Really now? That's fairly interesting, actually. I wonder if they'll give a similar, if not the very same reason as to why FE Warriors can be a thing.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Really now? That's fairly interesting, actually. I wonder if they'll give a similar, if not the very same reason as to why FE Warriors can be a thing.

Yeah, but as I said, it's really obscure. I can't remember precisely where it appears. It might be in the instruction manual as part of the "story" or maybe it appeared during the very first demonstration 2 years ago.

Either way, I know about it since Emma brings it up in the mini-column with the 4 mascots on the official Cipher website.

What happened is that Randal appeared in his (normal) older guise, then his younger guise and finally back to his older version all because the card game rotated between Binding Blade, Blazing Sword and back to Binding Blade.

Emma wonders if Randal's "time-traveling" is due the Boundless Chaos, but nobody on the team knows what the heck it is. So it's kind of ironic how Randal mentions it in Echoes.

So far, Warriors seems to rely on the Outrealms. If anything, I'd imagine FE Heroes might have a tangible connection to the Boundless Chaos, what with all the timelines getting mixed up. I suppose the Tempest could be related as well.

Anyway, I doubt it'll be of much importance. It's more of a hand-wavy explanation from what I understand. But who knows...

That's a weird pull then if it's only mentioned deep in manuals and like once in other side material. I could see Heroes pulling on it briefly as a xenologue for the inevitable cipher update, though. Just a throw away mention as a character looks into that information for story purposes.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:58 PM, VincentASM said:

That's interesting. Even I didn't know that. That's good to know though.

That does explain the whole Randal is old - young - old again thing very well.

• 3 years later...