Is anyone else as salty and petty as I am with palettes and models?

I'm just so bummed haha.  I mean yeah it sucks that everyone with a unique un-promoted model just gets a generic model with a redone palette (like I'll miss Leon's baggy pants, Python's half-shirt, and the Whitewings' unique armor), but that's not even my main beef.  They were super lazy with certain palettes (something Fates was ALSO guilty of).  I mean whatever class Gray becomes gives him the generic NPC green instead of his darker olive green (also the case for Forsyth when he promotes).  Kliff goes from reddish-purple to purplish gray-black as a Mage, which isn't AWFUL, but then he gets a drab all gray Sage model? Not only that, but BOEY gets the SAME drab gray Sage model! Where's his cool new dark green palette! WHY??? I'm honestly so petty I might Pitchfork one of them good grief.

Also for some reason, thanks to Ghast's best reclassed Mage video, I see that

Spoiler

Conrad

has a cool unique Sage palette that makes him look like a White Mage? Why him though? throw Kliff and Boey a bone!

And don't even talk to me about the Overclasses. Not only are some of them are gosh darn hideous (Harriers not only lose their breastplates, BUT LOSE THE FRONTS OF THEIR SHIRTS? And I'm sorry the Spartan is just repulsive.)  But literally NO ONE has a unique palette.  They forfeit both unique palettes, AND unique victory animations.  I'm not buying the Overclasses just to make everyone boring and samey.  Gosh.  (I may however but Guru just to use on Boey because the shorter robe resembles his Mage model.  THAT'S how petty I am.  Heavens.)

I mostly just wanted to vent but does anyone agree with me or am I just a mess by myself haha

sage is the one that really bothers me, luthier looks perfect in that but all the other mages look way better as mages than sages

i remember thinking tobin looked super cool as a mage but then when he was a sage he looked really lame and boring

i never actually managed to promote boey, since I only got him to level 12 in the last dungeon, but I honestly think that outfit would look so much worse on him that I don't think I'll promote him this time even if I can

it's really disappointing how much less distinct the promoted models are

I'm a person that sees units with their canon classes as the portrait they are depicted in.

Those are most likely reasons why their unique traits are tied to those models.

Like how Reflet in Awakening is forever tied to the strategist model instead of Grandmaster and Kamui is tied to the Dark Prince/Princess instead of their promotions White Blood and Dark Blood classes.

Only prepromotes like Frederick get unique things for promoted classes.

This is likely the case with Echoes too.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Every character gets assigned one six generic palettes if they don't have unique models. The traditional Blue, Red and Green. Black, Brown and Yellow(ish) for males. Pink, Yellow and Brownish for females.

As for the overclass, the way the games assigns models, animations and palettes IS would have to use a hacky method to assign it to them. A method which I don't think IS knows about and I'm not sure if it still works from Fates(they use the same file so I'm assuming it still does). 

Could they have made unique palettes for everyone? Probably. It's just that they chose to do an easier, quicker and cheaper method. I'd say it's a step up from Fates and Awakening since everyone isn't just a generic blue.

1 hour ago, Yoshthethird said:

Also for some reason, thanks to Ghast's best reclassed Mage video, I see that

Reveal hidden contents

Conrad

has a cool unique Sage palette that makes him look like a White Mage? Why him though? throw Kliff and Boey a bone!

That's not unique palette. It's the red one.

5 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm a person that sees units with their canon classes as the portrait they are depicted in.

Those are most likely reasons why their unique traits are tied to those models.

Like how Reflet in Awakening is forever tied to the strategist model instead of Grandmaster and Kamui is tied to the Dark Prince/Princess instead of their promotions White Blood and Dark Blood classes.

Only prepromotes like Frederick get unique things for promoted classes.

This is likely the case with Echoes too.

Oh no I mean I understand.  Like how Tatiana being portrayed and conceptualized as a Saint, she has a unique Saint model.  But yes, characters look unique in there un-promoted models because that's how they were designed.  I'm just saying it's a bummer they are destined to lose their unique look in order to become stronger.  Can't be helped though unless IS puts a bunch of unnecessary work to make even promoted models unique.  Oh well.

5 hours ago, TildeHat said:

Every character gets assigned one six generic palettes if they don't have unique models. The traditional Blue, Red and Green. Black, Brown and Yellow(ish) for males. Pink, Yellow and Brownish for females.

As for the overclass, the way the games assigns models, animations and palettes IS would have to use a hacky method to assign it to them. A method which I don't think IS knows about and I'm not sure if it still works from Fates(they use the same file so I'm assuming it still does). 

Could they have made unique palettes for everyone? Probably. It's just that they chose to do an easier, quicker and cheaper method. I'd say it's a step up from Fates and Awakening since everyone isn't just a generic blue.

That's not unique palette. It's the red one.

Oh huh.  That's interesting.

The regular promotions are one thing, but it's just a HUGE disappointment that in order to be as strong as possible, my units would have to forfeit all originality.  I'm just saying it sucks.

And oh! I hadn't ever seen a regular generic mage, but regardless it looks good on him.  It looks different from Luthier's (unfortunately more mahogany than orange) red model.  Hmhm.  I just wish they coulda done more for Boey and Kliff though.  I mean they coulda given Boey the green instead of making him match Kliff.

After Awakening's and Fates' "Blue for everyone!", I actually thought the generic pallets given to the cast here was a great addition. However, the Overclasses were a disappointment in that sense, going right back to a single generic color for everyone.

Didn't SoV have more unique pallets compared to other FE games? Barring a few characters, I was mostly okay with how characters look upon promotion. The loss of unique unpromoted models is unfortunate, however.

I'd say characters should at least have unique models for the promoted classes they normally have access to. I'd be okay with Saber not having a unique Mage model or Zeke not having a unique Cavalier model, but Sonia should have a unique Priestess model, you know?

Also the villagers having regular models is fine, the just ahould have had better palettes.

Eh, I'm just super-happy they bothered with unique palletes for some characters in the first place. They could have done it Awakening/Fates style but nope, they actually worked on that, so I'm happy.

Now the overclassses... yeah, I agree that sucks.