Sol, Luna, and Astra Farming Tips/Recommendations

On 1/21/2018 at 3:45 PM, Jotari said:

You can't make Sol, Luna or Astra, unless you get lucky and refine a rusty weapon that happens to be one of them, which doesn't take that many marks.

On fireemblemwiki, it shows the prices for forging. It says Rusted Sword to Astra is 1 Gold Mark. Does it tell you what item you make, or does it forge the weapon and charge you after?

On July 3, 2017 at 9:43 PM, Jotari said:

Like the way holding B when trying to catch a Pokemon helps things even if there's no code for it (shut up! It does!).

On January 21, 2018 at 9:08 AM, dannyquil said:

I thought it was holding A...

It's Up+B, come on Jotari, get your tips/hints right! That's serious business you don't mess around with!

• 2 months later...

Ah I'm very thankful for this thread. I just finished Thabes for the first time, and I got a rusted sword and rusted bow on the 9th floor. Turned out to be a venin sword and bow. Fie!

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Did anyone get those weapons and put em' to good use for the game? Or it's just completionist stuff?

I have Astra and it's pretty OP. It's been a long time, but I think I used it for the Thabes Labyrinth and maybe the hacked Level 99 boss rush I made.

I do want the other 2 for completion's sake, but I haven't had time to grind lately.

20 hours ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Did anyone get those weapons and put em' to good use for the game? Or it's just completionist stuff?

Luna and Sol are for completion's sake because there are better options for lances and bows.

Astra, however, is awesome and has a permanent spot on my postgame team. Trashing Grima with it is fun.

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

I have Astra and it's pretty OP. It's been a long time, but I think I used it for the Thabes Labyrinth and maybe the hacked Level 99 boss rush I made.

I do want the other 2 for completion's sake, but I haven't had time to grind lately.

Level 99 bosses?! And I was complaining about hard mode Grima! That was my issue too, time to grind :o

39 minutes ago, Sock said:

Luna and Sol are for completion's sake because there are better options for lances and bows.

Astra, however, is awesome and has a permanent spot on my postgame team. Trashing Grima with it is fun.

Then I have time, I will grind for Astra cuz' seems worthy to beat hard mode good ol' Grima!

1 hour ago, 1% Critical Hit said:

Level 99 bosses?! And I was complaining about hard mode Grima! That was my issue too, time to grind :o

Yar, the video for reference:

Looking back, I did use Astra a few times.

Also, at Level 99, Grima overkills everybody AFAIK so only Bow Knights and Oliphantiers can safely take it on. When facing the normal version, even on Hard, at least you have a lot more options XD

THAT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! :o
Specially because you used Atlas, everybody dismisses him because of his only good Strength stat!

Oh, yeah, I'm just replaying Binding Blade on hard mode and those Manaketes always give me shivers, and I'm low on Wyrmslayers... I don't wanna use the Legendary Weapons yet D:

• 1 year later...

Do you have any more tips? Been trying this for hours, managed to make my inner sanctum runs in less than 2 minutes each, sometimes I even do a whole sanctum run in just a minute and still haven found one of the weapons.

• 2 months later...
On 5/18/2020 at 7:37 PM, Stef said:

Do you have any more tips? Been trying this for hours, managed to make my inner sanctum runs in less than 2 minutes each, sometimes I even do a whole sanctum run in just a minute and still haven found one of the weapons.

See this method:

On 7/2/2017 at 5:23 AM, GespenstMK2S said:

Now I'm running the Inner Sanctum DLC with this method that I saw from a GameFAQs board:

1) Enter Inner Sanctum and save before you start the dungeon.

2) Make sure you are able to find 2 large pots (If unable to do so, evacuate and try step 1 again)

3) Break all the large pots, if there's nothing you want, soft reset.

4) This time, when you enter the dungeon, fight one random enemy before breaking the large pots. Fighting random enemies will shuffle the pot contents.

5) Repeat until you get what you want.

Does anyone happen to know if you can get the 3 weapons across different save files, or do you have to actually have all 3 at once? I had 3 Sol's and a Luna from my Blitzkreig run. I have the file backed up, but i would probably have to re-do some other medals if i restore that save.

Edited by Fraven Pooth

• 4 months later...

started recently a fresh playthrough and before i even did a single fight with alm or celica, the first thing i did when enter the world map, was going in the inner sanctum and farm for Star Jacinth. On both sides i got Luna at alms side and astra on celicas side both around the time i completed my sixth Star Jacinth. found also some Gravidus, Illwoon, one Partia, some Romphaea.

total playtime when i was done with the 7th Jacinth on celicas side around 12h, but if you realize, that grinding in the Sanctum is only 3 min per run without fighting it is pretty fast ad easy.