Alternate Dialogue

In case you guys haven't seen it, some dialogue will change during certain outcomes, such as Mathilda dying before freeing her or Valbar getting slain by pirates. I decided to compile them here. I do not own these videos. They belong to Collector Togami. He has recorded more and will be posting them later.

Mathilda dying:

Spoiler

Valbar dying:

Spoiler

Cipher Units Dying:

Spoiler

Doing Cipher II before I:

Spoiler

Zeke Dying:

Spoiler

Delthea Dying:

Spoiler

Compilation (Clive, Pegasisters, Lukas, Clair):

Spoiler

He posted an update video with more. Pegasisters don't really change much. They just lose their reunion scene.

Mycen dies:

Spoiler

Not rescuing Silque

Spoiler

Edited by KongDude

It's amazing the amount of work they put into this. From everything I've heard this was just a lower budget side project while they also work on the Switch version, and it has so much love put into it. Not just with this stuff, but with the extra quotes that other characters have if another one they are close to dies. It all does so much to flesh out the other characters and their relationships. Hopefully they do something similar with the Switch game.

It doesn't seem there's any alternate dialog or scene that occurs if Delthea dies. Which seems odd considering the decision to save her was important enough to get 2 conversations about it, once when leaving the village and again just before fighting her properly.

But not even a brief aside about not being able to save her. The only variation is if you save Delthea but don't have Luthier. Wonder if that was just an oversight

23 minutes ago, r_n said:

It doesn't seem there's any alternate dialog or scene that occurs if Delthea dies. Which seems odd considering the decision to save her was important enough to get 2 conversations about it, once when leaving the village and again just before fighting her properly.

But not even a brief aside about not being able to save her. The only variation is if you save Delthea but don't have Luthier. Wonder if that was just an oversight

This is not all of them. The owner of these videos will continue posting more these next few days.

15 minutes ago, KongDude said:

This is not all of them. The owner of these videos will continue posting more these next few days.

serenes forest's main site has the script up through act 5 and I haven't seen anyone post any dialog about this unlike the mathilda scene or the zeke changes

Edited by r_n

2 minutes ago, r_n said:

serenes forest's main site has the script up through act 5 and I haven't seen anyone post any dialog about this unlike the mathilda scene or the zeke changes

Huh, Collector Togami said he's already recorded all the videos including Delthea dying and will be uploading them through the week. I was assuming that means that there was alternate dialogue

Just now, KongDude said:

Huh, Collector Togami said he's already recorded all the videos including Delthea dying and will be uploading them through the week. I was assuming that means that there was alternate dialogue

he states it on his video for mathilda's death

Update: There are no extra dialogs involving Delthea if you let this happen. I tried.

Just now, KongDude said:

Well, then I guess that's that. :/

like i said, weird, right?

It also doesn't seem there's extra dialog if you recruit Delthea without recruiting Luthier, then go back to recruit Luthier.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

like i said, weird, right?

It also doesn't seem there's extra dialog if you recruit Delthea without recruiting Luthier, then go back to recruit Luthier.

It's a shame that Luthier doesn't comment about his sister's death or Delthea commenting about Luthier if he ends up dying beforehand somehow.

I like these little touches. Remind me of how the Tellius series altered some things depending on who lived or not. 

I'm quite surprised Clive's reaction made me feel even more negative about him. Him doubting Alm to begin with already came off as really ungrateful since it was Clive who pushed him into it but now it seems really out of line. Even if Alm failed to rescue his wife he still came much closer then Clive ever did. Its not exactly Claire's finest moment either, a first where she came off as offensive rather then merely innocently spoiled. Its her bro who's out of line here.

Way to make Clive's loss all about you Alm..  I liked the initial direction the conversation was going until they basically used the actual story conversation to talk about Clive's unease about making Alm the leader.  Like it was so good up until then for me.  But I do thoroughly enjoy that Clair steps in and basically comes in and ever so eloquently tells Gray and Tobin to shut the hell up.  Probably my favorite Clair moment now.  This whole scene honestly shows a more human side to both Clive and Clair.  Clive, who's normally cool-headed, is projecting his anger on Alm, which isn't the right thing to do ever, but it shows that he's capable of actually being angry and show extreme emotion.  Clair is defending her brother because Gray and Tobin are harping on Clive, so yeah she comes off as pretty offensive but I found the villagers to be offending Clive more in this scene than she was to them.  It shows that sibling dynamic that I didn't get to see much.  Sadly, it can only be seen at Mathilda's expense.

I love how if you reject Leon, his voice returns to normal.  But overall, that was a pretty sad scene.  And of course Kamui doesn't care and just wants money.

And oh man the whole village turns on you if you kill Zeke?  That's pretty sad, but awesome in its own right because it shows the actual conflicts of war.

...so basically I like seeing Alm and Celica's choices and failure to save people having repercussions because it makes them more flawed.

These were all quite cool but I really liked Clive's conversation w Alm after Mathilda died the most
I'm not quite sure why and it's very tense but...I guess it's realistic? I don't know but I like it a lot it's a cool what-if scenario

These conversations show and prove what I love the most about the characters of this game: They are all human. They all make mistakes. They all have feelings that make them do things that may seem dumb / stupid to some others (which is just ignorant tbh).

16 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm quite surprised Clive's reaction made me feel even more negative about him. Him doubting Alm to begin with already came off as really ungrateful since it was Clive who pushed him into it but now it seems really out of line. Even if Alm failed to rescue his wife he still came much closer then Clive ever did. Its not exactly Claire's finest moment either, a first where she came off as offensive rather then merely innocently spoiled. Its her bro who's out of line here.

I think it's more that Clive doubted himself rather than Alm.
Additionally, as others have pointed out, he and Clair just lost someone important to them. Expecting anyone to think and act rationally in such a situation is honestly ludicrous.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, KongDude said:

Added Delthea's. Nothing too special, just a post-battle mourning quote.

Luthier's line plays even any time she dies, I think, but the battle death quote being different is nice

normally it's this

“Oh crap. Am I...dying? I don't...I don't wanna die...I still have so much I...want to...”

—Delthea's death quote

Alternate dialogue can be a bit depressing given it mostly exists because you let somebody die.

I remember that if Matthew dies in Blazing before you get to Dread Isle/Valor, Hector says he'll bury Leila next to him. It happened once when I was a newbie kid playing FE7.

On 6/24/2017 at 3:54 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

I like these little touches. Remind me of how the Tellius series altered some things depending on who lived or not. 

I actually took issue with Clair here instead of Clive. As much as I dislike Clive as a character (especially as a unit) because of how boring he is I gotta say I actually liked him here because he was realistically done and he does take back the harmful remarks he made because he knows it wasn't right nor fair. It's just a shame his best moments imo were here in this alternate dialogue (because everyone usually ends with everyone is alive ending) or his DLC where he does the choice of using hostages which goes against his own morals as a knight both of which just are not easily seen.

Clive actually went up as a character for me, but Clair on the other hand... went down for me, I thought her statement on essentially telling Gray and Tobin to shut up and let Alm take the verbal beating was awful. They were not even being rude to him at all and were merely defending Alm in that he shouldn't be the target of blame, but she acts as if they said something like "Don't go blaming Alm when if it wasn't for him then you would still be sitting around do nothing at the Deliverance Hideout thinking but not taking action like the ineffective leader that you are!" which would have been a cold remark, but alas true. She doesn't even apologize for her outburst once the tension in the room calls down. She says let Clive have peace to grieve, but he was doing nothing peaceful what so ever and was lashing out his frustration. 

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

While these choices aren't exactly thrown at you because having someone like Valbar or Matilda dying is highly impossible (can you even revive them again? I would assume it's too late to revive them as they have been dead for a while and that'd be awkward especially how mad Clive was at Alm, idk maybe I'm thinking about TRS) but it's great to see what would have happened as for a consequence. I guess this was sorta what Fates was trying to go for? Or at least that what I thought when it came to choices mattered. The endings for characters when somebody dies are neat too because the idea of showing a bad ending shows us how losing a person can greatly affect a character like Clive losing Matilda or Gray's ending with Tobin. It just simply shows how important that person was to them. 

On 6/24/2017 at 0:54 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Are you talking about when a character dies and Soren gives a battle report reporting of a unit's death? If so, those are pretty neat. It also reminds of me with the special dialogues in RD that you have to go out of your way to see.

37 minutes ago, MidoriPuru said:

While these choices aren't exactly thrown at you because having someone like Valbar or Matilda dying is highly impossible (can you even revive them again? I would assume it's too late to revive them as they have been dead for a while and that'd be awkward especially how mad Clive was at Alm, idk maybe I'm thinking about TRS) but it's great to see what would have happened as for a consequence. I guess this was sorta what Fates was trying to go for? Or at least that what I thought when it came to choices mattered. The endings for characters when somebody dies are neat too because the idea of showing a bad ending shows us how losing a person can greatly affect a character like Clive losing Matilda or Gray's ending with Tobin. It just simply shows how important that person was to them. 

Are you talking about when a character dies and Soren gives a battle report reporting of a unit's death? If so, those are pretty neat. It also reminds of me with the special dialogues in RD that you have to go out of your way to see.

I'm actually referring more to things like Tormod's support with Sothe changing if Muarim is dead. If he's alive Tormod wants to be friends with Sothe so Muarim won't worry, if he's dead he says its to honor his memory. 

3 hours ago, MidoriPuru said:

I guess this was sorta what Fates was trying to go for? Or at least that what I thought when it came to choices mattered.

The only thing I think could really change was

Spoiler

Kaze's death. But that was really only placed for "shock value" and didn't hold any sort of significance.

Edit: Updated it. He posted a compilation of different scenes.

Edited by KongDude

28 minutes ago, Collector Togami said:

Hey, thanks for linking my content! Glad you guys are enjoying it. I have more content coming up that has some alt dialogues.

Hey thanks man! Didn't realize you were on SF. These videos are great. I wouldn't have ever bothered to see these myself for the cost of good units lol.