What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except the territory that the three P4 armies were passing through wasn't "homefront" for all but the few Begnionites among them. Nor were they hiding in fortresses or on cliffs. The enemy could also warp in from just about anywhere without notice. And, the enemy most frequently warped ahead of the hero armies in an ambush while they were out in the open. It was basically raid after raid on an open "convoy".

And then there is the unplayed battle in Sienne, in which the Disciples of Order were probably on the defensive, not the Hawk Army and Giffca and Caineghis. Heck the three heroes armies are invaders in P4 when you think about it.

But the Soren and Ranulf quote about the Begnion Central Army refers to the part three conflict. In part 4, the Disciples of Order have the advantage of simply getting warped where they please. Despite this advantage and increased power level, they got defeated. Although you can make the case that those were tough battles as was said by Skrimir and Micaiah. 

So it goes like this: Endgame allies>Disciples of Order>Begnion Central Army>Laguz Alliance

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

No one in their right minds uses shards/crystals to level characters you intend to use since SI was added.  Not to mention, with a fully levelled castle, it doesn't take that long to get to level 40.

Ah, excellent - more proof I'm insane. Mind if I provide a rebuttal, poorly done though it may turn out to be?
(I'm assuming you'll say you don't mind, ignore this if you do I guess)
As an F2P with only a level 2 Castle and no desire to spend Orbs on upgrading it(I actually wish I'd retained the few Orbs I dropped on the Castle upgrade), leveling a character you want to use all the way to 5S-Lv40 can be really really time-consuming, particularly if you can't manage to pull the characters you want at 5S, or in some cases 4S - I had to start my Roy and Sakura at 4S and grind the whole way up to 40 while waiting to accumulate enough Feathers to promote, then grind the whole way to 40 again, and my Narcian and Female Robin I've been wanting to use have been satanic to level because it takes me forever just to get the Training Stratums to stop spamming Red Units, so I only just got them to 4S-Lv20 today, so I can now start grinding for 40k Feathers, and this is discounting my Sophia, who I haven't pulled once and consequently have been working on since obtaining her at 1S my first day(she's still only about 4S-Lv10 or so because the aforementioned four Units took precedence in my priority list plus I pulled Deidre and have been training her semi-regularly). I also only have an iPod, not an iPhone, so I can only play where I can get Wifi on my iPod, meaning I can only consistently play at my work, my local game store I can only visit twice a week because life, and I guess church, but then I have guilt about playing in church. This of course makes having to level grind at all a serious pain in addition to making me almost worthless in Voting Gauntlets, plus makes Feather accumulation a diabolically frustrating part of life, and Shards and Crystals are consequently a blessing from heaven.

Admittedly, my situation is somewhat unique, but I doubt I'm the only F2P who doesn't want to use Orbs on a Castle upgrade, however useful it may turn out to be, not to mention the game is constantly throwing Shards and Crystals at you at a much faster pace than pretty much anything else, especially with the Daily Quests, and I can also use my My Nintendo account I have linked to provide an additional boost in Shards/Crystals since there's nothing else they're offering me on there right now that's worth squat and I have 90+ of both Dueling Crests and Stamina Potions so it's not like I need more of those. Maybe it's not the most effective way to level a Unit, but saying nobody in their right mind would ever use them for a character they seriously mean to use is a bit harsh.

34 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Ah, excellent - more proof I'm insane.

Admittedly, my situation is somewhat unique, but I doubt I'm the only F2P who doesn't want to use Orbs on a Castle upgrade, however useful it may turn out to be,

A fully upgraded castle is what, 20 orbs? That's a drop in the bucket, even for F2P and it is a permanent upgrade. For someone like you who has limited access to the game, this should be your first priority. Crystals/Shards can be used for leveling but they're an inefficient method that should only be used rarely (or for SI purposes).

Insanity is a strong word. I would use "alternative sanity".

9 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Microtransactions can get you permanent in-game items, what are you talking about?  Even in Heroes, you can get a permanent EXP boost from using orbs for castle upgrades.  That's actually what I used the 10 orbs I bought for.

13 hours ago, Harvey said:

Again, their uses are short term. There's a difference between using inapp items and buying items that are stuck with you permanently. Again, LoL lets you own the costumes that you use real money on. In app items are used for one purpose and if you run out of then, you have to rebuy them again.

9 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I said there was a difference between a paid retail game cashgrabbing and free games cashgrabbing.  With a paid retail game, I already paid the devs up front.  With a free game, I haven't.  That difference is enough to make me much harsher on such practices in a game that I should have already fully paid for.

And again you are being hypocritical here. There really isn't much of difference between them and you wasting bandwidth on the game isn't on you because the game forces you to require it which is bad except for downloading the game. Its still a DRM move nonetheless and its quite tedious to deal with it as not everyone has high speed internet access as a lot are stuck with slow net.

And who said you're not paying the games by going free? Again, ads because if you click the add, you are practically paying the devs downright because you used the add to get something in the game. There's even an option to disable ads if you downright pay for it.

I'm not going to bother anymore as I've not played Heroes for a long time and even if I tried it, the game locks me for some reason so maybe changes are made to make the game better. 

@SoulWeaver Yes when I run out of Stamina. Although when I first played it as soon as I got the soft launch, I was hardly able to do anything without Dragon Orbs. I can't check the game out anymore because the game region locks me all the time and it keeps saying that you can't play the game in this region what not even when trying it on Bluestack. So I might be wrong here when the changes are noticeable to me because I played its early version.

Edited by Harvey

7 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Ah, excellent - more proof I'm insane. Mind if I provide a rebuttal, poorly done though it may turn out to be?
(I'm assuming you'll say you don't mind, ignore this if you do I guess)
As an F2P with only a level 2 Castle and no desire to spend Orbs on upgrading it(I actually wish I'd retained the few Orbs I dropped on the Castle upgrade), leveling a character you want to use all the way to 5S-Lv40 can be really really time-consuming, particularly if you can't manage to pull the characters you want at 5S, or in some cases 4S - I had to start my Roy and Sakura at 4S and grind the whole way up to 40 while waiting to accumulate enough Feathers to promote, then grind the whole way to 40 again, and my Narcian and Female Robin I've been wanting to use have been satanic to level because it takes me forever just to get the Training Stratums to stop spamming Red Units, so I only just got them to 4S-Lv20 today, so I can now start grinding for 40k Feathers, and this is discounting my Sophia, who I haven't pulled once and consequently have been working on since obtaining her at 1S my first day(she's still only about 4S-Lv10 or so because the aforementioned four Units took precedence in my priority list plus I pulled Deidre and have been training her semi-regularly). I also only have an iPod, not an iPhone, so I can only play where I can get Wifi on my iPod, meaning I can only consistently play at my work, my local game store I can only visit twice a week because life, and I guess church, but then I have guilt about playing in church. This of course makes having to level grind at all a serious pain in addition to making me almost worthless in Voting Gauntlets, plus makes Feather accumulation a diabolically frustrating part of life, and Shards and Crystals are consequently a blessing from heaven.

Admittedly, my situation is somewhat unique, but I doubt I'm the only F2P who doesn't want to use Orbs on a Castle upgrade, however useful it may turn out to be, not to mention the game is constantly throwing Shards and Crystals at you at a much faster pace than pretty much anything else, especially with the Daily Quests, and I can also use my My Nintendo account I have linked to provide an additional boost in Shards/Crystals since there's nothing else they're offering me on there right now that's worth squat and I have 90+ of both Dueling Crests and Stamina Potions so it's not like I need more of those. Maybe it's not the most effective way to level a Unit, but saying nobody in their right mind would ever use them for a character they seriously mean to use is a bit harsh.

Fully levelling your castle is a drop in the bucket, and it's permanent double EXP.  If you haven't fully upgraded your castle and you're complaining about levelling being time consuming, then it's really not my problem.  The game gives you a method to make it faster, use it.

Regarding why Shard/Crystal levelling is a bad idea if you intend to use a unit, it deprives the unit of lower level kill SP.  The only use for shards is levelling fodder to get them to 20 for promotion.

2 hours ago, Lucario666 said:

Fates was trash and so is it's localization. That, and Treehouse should be chopped down. 

Meanwhile, trees are made out of wood and the sky is blue on good days.

Try to think more out of the box; come up with something that'll really make your fellow veterans upset to hear.

Like: "Genealogy of the Holy War's story doesn't matter because the gameplay is so poor.  Therefore, Fates is objectively the better game."

1 hour ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

Like: "Genealogy of the Holy War's story doesn't matter because the gameplay is so poor.  Therefore, Fates is objectively the better game."

However, Holy War is still better than Birthright due to the game having broken units only so near the endgame and that the final boss is actually a challenge.

7 hours ago, Harvey said:

@SoulWeaver Yes when I run out of Stamina. Although when I first played it as soon as I got the soft launch, I was hardly able to do anything without Dragon Orbs. I can't check the game out anymore because the game region locks me all the time and it keeps saying that you can't play the game in this region what not even when trying it on Bluestack. So I might be wrong here when the changes are noticeable to me because I played its early version.

I don't think you're in a position to speak if you haven't played Heroes in months. A lot of QoL updates have happened since that make most of your points moot.

7 hours ago, Lucario666 said:

Fates was trash and so is it's localization. That, and Treehouse should be chopped down. 

Fates and the localization being sub-par is not an unpopular opinion, though, so I don't think that counts. Treehouse also isn't exactly "a poison to Nintendo" in spite of one game.

Edited by NoirCore

10 hours ago, Harvey said:

Yes when I run out of Stamina. Although when I first played it as soon as I got the soft launch, I was hardly able to do anything without Dragon Orbs. I can't check the game out anymore because the game region locks me all the time and it keeps saying that you can't play the game in this region what not even when trying it on Bluestack. So I might be wrong here when the changes are noticeable to me because I played its early version.

I dunno man, stamina has never really been an issue for me...

Screenshot_20171105-114619.png

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Fates and the localization being sub-par is not an unpopular opinion, though, so I don't think that counts. Treehouse also isn't exactly "a poison to Nintendo" in spite of one game.

Xenoblade X, Bravely Second, that one DBZ 3DS game, TMS #FE, Fatal Frame 5, and all the exclusive games Europe got that we didn't get all say hi.

1 minute ago, Lucario666 said:

Xenoblade X, Bravely Second, that one DBZ 3DS game, TMS #FE, Fatal Frame 5, and all the exclusive games Europe got that we didn't get all say hi.

Didn't think you'd be the type to care about Tokyo Mirage Sessions, but okay.  To each his own.

11 hours ago, Lucario666 said:

You do realise Treehouse also did Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? I don't see why because they flopped once they should be 'chopped down' as you put it.

12 minutes ago, Azz said:

You do realise Treehouse also did Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn? I don't see why because they flopped once they should be 'chopped down' as you put it.

Can't speak for Telius but Blazing Blade had a pretty flawed translation. Sacred Stones was better though. 

Either way 8-4 should do all the games from now on. 

14 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

Can't speak for Telius but Blazing Blade had a pretty flawed translation. Sacred Stones was better though. 

Either way 8-4 should do all the games from now on. 

I can't speak on the differences between the actual translation, but the localization of the Tellius games effectively screwed the difficulties on both games(Though we did get auto-promotions at level "21", which was a Treehouse thing that many people thought was a good idea).

1 hour ago, Lucario666 said:

Xenoblade X

Only had the boob slider removed and it's something so minor, that i don't know why anyone would really care. There's also Lin being covered up a bit but she's like, 13. If you're upset about a 13 year-old being covered up, then i might have to call the police.

1 hour ago, Lucario666 said:

and all the exclusive games Europe got that we didn't get all say hi.

It's amazing how you think that Europe getting exclusive games is something that's only happened recently, when it's something that's been happening for a long time. And it works the opposite too. America got exclusive games that Europe never got. 

I've legit heard the "Treehouse sucks" complaint so many times that i don't take any of them seriously anymore. There are some valid criticisms, yes, but most of them are just blown out of proportion and seen as worse then they actually are. When you use "Treehouse should be chopped down", that's a sign that people should stop taking you seriously.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Only had the boob slider removed and it's something so minor, that i don't know why anyone would really care.

The main argument behind that I've seen is that people legitimately want to go that in depth with customizing their character. The data is still in the game and is editable via save editing (and oddly enough it's not just limited to Cross, it's there for every character, Lin included. why) so it's not like it's impossible to change.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Only had the boob slider removed and it's something so minor, that i don't know why anyone would really care. There's also Lin being covered up a bit but she's like, 13. If you're upset about a 13 year-old being covered up, then i might have to call the police.

It's amazing how you think that Europe getting exclusive games is something that's only happened recently, when it's something that's been happening for a long time. And it works the opposite too. America got exclusive games that Europe never got. 

I've legit heard the "Treehouse sucks" complaint so many times that i don't take any of them seriously anymore. There are some valid criticisms, yes, but most of them are just blown out of proportion and seen as worse then they actually are. When you use "Treehouse should be chopped down", that's a sign that people should stop taking you seriously.

…You've seen most of his Topics, right?

He's not worth answering like 80% of the time. And I'M the one saying that. The guy who usually gets pissed off when people say that about others.

4 hours ago, Greencapps said:

RD had the issue of not getting this supposed 20% of the script called the "Extended Script" (available on Hard difficulty, and maybe Normal) translated. Although it did add a couple minor useful lines and change a couple others for the better, like replacing the BK's warp powder malfunction with a generally better excuse of "I was holding back".

As for Blazing, it was the first time an FE got translated. The translation was incompetent, but give them a break for the first time. Sacred Stones is better, but I heard the supports have a number of typos.

PoR had Devdan changed, and in RD Kyza too, the former is possibly... trans? Gay? The latter is campy gay in Japan, though the lesbian Heather wasn't touched.

On 11/4/2017 at 3:20 PM, Lau said:

I found Basilio's fight against Walhart to be heartbreaking. Like, I know he and Robin had planned everything out beforehand, but did Flavia know? I don't think she did, meaning she genuinely thought that Basilio was dead. When she shouts his name, like holy crap man.

Well, she did join with him, so at some point she was clearly brought in on it.

9 hours ago, Ren_Ambrose said:

I dunno man, stamina has never really been an issue for me...

Screenshot_20171105-114619.png

Only 70 potions? They give those things out like candy these days.