What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

1. Clones don't take nearly as much effort as full characters.  Cutting clones in favor of "real characters" doesn't work.  During Melee's dev time, the six clones took as much time as it would take to make one wholly new fighter.  They're quick, last minute additions to make more people happy.

2. SSB4 Roy has similar cloniness levels to Lucas/Ganon/Falco, he's not a full clone like Lucina, Dr. Mario and Pittoo.  

1- They don't necessarly need to add a new charater

2- We can basically get a clone effect using alternate specials, which were poorly implemented. Needless to say, alternate skins may be a thing and also Roy is fairly hated by the FE community, despite having a minority that loves him.

3- He got on CyL the amount of votes thanks to Smash, his game wasn't officialy translated neither released worldwide

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Lucina and Roy are clones, and I would also add Dark Pit and Doctor Mario to this list. Smash needs more original characters and some revamp the movesets of character such as Lucas, Ganon and Falco. Not every single move needs to be changed, but having the same specials with different effects is kinda underwhelming. Corrin is just another random FE character and we'll probably get more newcomers the next mash game, which is kinda sad when we only have 2 DK characters, 4 Zelda characters and 3 Kirby characters. But then there 6 FE caharacters, almot as big as Mario's

Going by what @Glaceon Mage said, erasing the clones won't erase the time put into them, and not that much time was put into them at all. No real reason to delete them; they're there already. At least Corrin is original both in moveset and dragon abilities, so you're asking to wipe out all that time spent.

As for the FE character thing, it's sorta awkward as compared to other Nintendo franchises (and I'd personally count the DK characters as Mario characters despite their icons), Fire Emblem has so many protagonists from multiple worlds. Archanea/Valentia/Jugdral/Ylisse has three reps, Elibe has one, Tellius has one, Magvel has none, and Hoshido/Nohr has one. Aside from the unique situation of Pokemon, and the Mario star power, there isn't really any other first-party franchise represented with as much main protagonists outside of Smash, I think. (Yes, I know Lucina is a stretch.)

2 minutes ago, Ace Pelleas said:

1- They don't necessarly need to add a new charater

2- We can basically get a clone effect using alternate specials, which were poorly implemented. Needless to say, alternate skins may be a thing and also Roy is fairly hated by the FE community, despite having a minority that loves him.

3- He got on CyL the amount of votes thanks to Smash, his game wasn't officialy translated neither released worldwide

Once more, you're talking to a RoyBoy. I don't normally get myself riled up on here, but fight me.

1 - If 5mash isn't adding new characters, then it had better be an HD remake of Melee/Brawl, a direct port of Sm4sh to Switch, or else Sm4sh but with the game physics engine of Melee/Brawl. Whatever path 5mash takes, if they remove anyone but Duck Hunt, Wii Fit, or the Mii Fighters and don't add anyone new, a LOT of people are going to be pissed off.

2 - Roy does not have alternate Specials(no DLC character does, though I wish they did) and can't be altered unless you use the ability badges to increase stats. I would also like to point at Roy's Tier Placement, even though it's not a huge contributor to this argument - I main him, and even I'll admit he sucks, though it's due to the inherent issues with his gravity, falling speed, and sweetspot placement considering that putting sweetspots that close to him defeats the purpose of being a sword fighter(though at least he can Ken Combo in the right hands now). Anyways, if you look at Sm4sh in general, Clones are usually placed within two spaces of each other on a Tier List made by anyone who actually plays the game seriously if not together in the same spot due to how similar Clones are in Sm4sh(usually very very minor changes such as Dark Pit's Neutral and Side Specials being literally the only difference, and Lucina only losing the Tipper mechanic on all but her Down Air and being slightly shorter than Marth and thus having an ever-so-slightly smaller Hurtbox).

3 - Um…what the heck does that have to do with the argument of Roy being dropped for 5mash? If anything, that should be cementing him a spot in 5mash. His popularity among the Fire Emblem community shouldn't be affecting his placement in a Smash Bros. game at all unless they're trying to make Re:Elibe and want to push a new game, which was why we got Corrin, and if they tried to use Smash Bros. to push a Re:Elibe then I think they'd go the route they did for Awakening and Sm4sh and use two characters, Roy and someone else. If you're also trying to address his CYL placement or whether he's popular in the Fire Emblem fanbase, that's a separate issue and should be stated as such. Also, you're discounting the players who know Japanese but aren't Japanese - and the players who went and found an emulator for Binding Blade and a translation patch - and still liked him after playing.

Also note that IntSys has expressed interest on remaking FE6 (maybe even before the Jugdral games), so Roy's spot on Smash could easily be used as promotion for a potential Binding Blade remake.

Edited by Jave

4 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

and also Roy is fairly hated by the FE community

>Says Roy is fairly hated by the FE community

>Doesn't realize that Roy got 1st place in the official Binding Blade poll

Honestly, i don't even see that much hate for Roy these days. I see way more hate Corrin, and more recently, Ike, Alm, and Celica. 

They don't necessarly need to add a new charate

Then why even play Smash?  I think a lot of people would be pretty pissed if we got a new Smash game and no newcomers. At that point, just play the previous game.

He got on CyL the amount of votes thanks to Smash, his game wasn't officialy translated neither released worldwide

And?

and also Roy is fairly hated by the FE community

Honestly, i don't even see that much hate for Roy these days. I see way more hate Corrin, and more recently, Ike, Alm, and Celica. 

They don't necessarly need to add a new charate

Then why even play Smash?  I think a lot of people would be pretty pissed if we got a new Smash game and no newcomers. At that point, just play the previous game.

He got on CyL the amount of votes thanks to Smash, his game wasn't officialy translated neither released worldwide

And?

5 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Once more, you're talking to a RoyBoy. I don't normally get myself riled up on here, but fight me.

1 - If 5mash isn't adding new characters, then it had better be an HD remake of Melee/Brawl, a direct port of Sm4sh to Switch, or else Sm4sh but with the game physics engine of Melee/Brawl. Whatever path 5mash takes, if they remove anyone but Duck Hunt, Wii Fit, or the Mii Fighters and don't add anyone new, a LOT of people are going to be pissed off.

2 - Roy does not have alternate Specials(no DLC character does, though I wish they did) and can't be altered unless you use the ability badges to increase stats. I would also like to point at Roy's Tier Placement, even though it's not a huge contributor to this argument - I main him, and even I'll admit he sucks, though it's due to the inherent issues with his gravity, falling speed, and sweetspot placement considering that putting sweetspots that close to him defeats the purpose of being a sword fighter(though at least he can Ken Combo in the right hands now). Anyways, if you look at Sm4sh in general, Clones are usually placed within two spaces of each other on a Tier List made by anyone who actually plays the game seriously if not together in the same spot due to how similar Clones are in Sm4sh(usually very very minor changes such as Dark Pit's Neutral and Side Specials being literally the only difference, and Lucina only losing the Tipper mechanic on all but her Down Air and being slightly shorter than Marth and thus having an ever-so-slightly smaller Hurtbox).

3 - Um…what the heck does that have to do with the argument of Roy being dropped for 5mash? If anything, that should be cementing him a spot in 5mash. His popularity among the Fire Emblem community shouldn't be affecting his placement in a Smash Bros. game at all unless they're trying to make Re:Elibe and want to push a new game, which was why we got Corrin, and if they tried to use Smash Bros. to push a Re:Elibe then I think they'd go the route they did for Awakening and Sm4sh and use two characters, Roy and someone else. If you're also trying to address his CYL placement or whether he's popular in the Fire Emblem fanbase, that's a separate issue and should be stated as such. Also, you're discounting the players who know Japanese but aren't Japanese - and the players who went and found an emulator for Binding Blade and a translation patch - and still liked him after playing.

Tbh, I'm in favour of a mix between all four Smashes, including stages, all characters with reworked movesets, but tbh all those sword wielding FE characters make it kinda.... hard to see movesets that are vastly different, perhaps I was too critic about Corrin and I'd like to retract my statement on her(him). Roy as stated had some differences, my limited sight as a Smash player that didn't got their hands at Smash 4 made me think of the same basic melee movset, which was too similar to Marth. Well, CyL wa a double-edged sword anyway. After all there are haters for each and every character.

Let's hope for him and Lucas to have even less similarities on the next Smash game. Regarding Lucina, well, she can still be cut.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

And?

And I stand by my point, Roy may have placed first on CyL, but who can guarantee that all those are Binding Blade only players??? Don't you think people are more fond of him because he is a Smash character?

Balancing, reworked moves, new stages, remixes? There's much more than just new characters

11 minutes ago, Ace Pelleas said:

And I stand by my point, Roy may have placed first on CyL, but who can guarantee that all those are Binding Blade only players??? Don't you think people are more fond of him because he is a Smash character?

To be frank, I don't see why that matters. You don't need to have a "good reason" to like a character; personal appeal is enough, which a lot of people seem to underestimate (particularly among the dedicated).

Dude has a fuckin' flame sword, what more do you need than that?

22 minutes ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Don't you think people are more fond of him because he is a Smash character?

I won't deny that Smash has had an effect on Roy's popularity but the same can be said about Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, and Corrin. Sure, Binding Blade hasn't gotten officially released in the West but that's no reason to discredit his popularity.

23 minutes ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Balancing, reworked moves, new stages, remixes? There's much more than just new characters

And characters are literally the biggest factor when it comes to Smash's popularity. 9 out of 10 "Most wanted" Smash discussions involve new characters. The hype for new characters is infinitely higher than the hype for anything else the game provides.

Let's take a look at when Cloud was announced for Smash 4. That alone probably had more hype around it than anything else i've seen. Imagine if Cloud wasn't in the game and we just got a Final Fantasy stage. No character, just a stage. Do you really think people would be as excited?

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I won't deny that Smash has had an effect on Roy's popularity but the same can be said about Marth, Ike, Robin, Lucina, and Corrin. Sure, Binding Blade hasn't gotten officially released in the West but that's no reason to discredit his popularity.

I'd argue that the only FE character in Smash that can rightly claim to have earned their popularity on their own is Robin tbh.

And while not including Lucina in that regard is my personal opinion, I'll compromise that she's semi there as well for having her own merits in addition to appropriating Marth's

Edited by Motendra

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

And?

Alm? I know some aren't too fond of Celica (though I like her), but why Alm? Did I miss something that happened recently...?

Also, I dunno about Ike. I know some folks here hate him, but he's still popular.

I agree with you on Roy, though. I don't see too much hate for him, and I sorta like the dude myself.

1 hour ago, NoirCore said:

Alm? I know some aren't too fond of Celica (though I like her), but why Alm? Did I miss something that happened recently...?

Alm is seen by some as being overly praised in game and too perfect, in a similar fashion to Corrin. Arguably he hurts the themes of his game.

Edited by NekoKnight

3 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

There is no effin' way they make a Smash Bros. game with all the stuff you mention but no new characters. That's basically Pandora's Box waiting to be opened.

8 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Alm is seen by some as being overly praised in game and too perfect, in a similar fashion to Corrin. Arguably he hurts the themes of his game.

so i assume that some people just want to hate everything new....

Alm and Celica are fine... they arent perfect but they are fine for what they are in the games they are...

I didn't see Alm being overpraised... on the contrary.... he is hated by the white haired dude and characters are only fond of him because he is supposed to be the son of misen... when they learn he isnt they start doubt him and he has to regain their trust... well IS should make him a commoner and not turn him into the king's son but i didnt mind it that much since it made some sense with duma's / mila whole plot....

I dont find celica's decision to sacrifice herself as idiotic... the only issue i have is that she should have taken a guarantee that it will work or way better IS shouldnt make it a lie! That actually hurt an otherwise great character journey...

Anyway i found both of em so harmless... same with chrom.... now lucina is anotehr thing but people actually praise her instead of hating her obnoxious ass....

Edited by Pegasus Knight

8 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

so i assume that some people just want to hate everything new....

Alm and Celica are fine... they arent perfect but they are fine for what they are in the games they are...

I didn't see Alm being overpraised... on the contrary.... he is hated by the white haired dude and characters are only fond of him because he is supposed to be the son of misen... when they learn he isnt they start doubt him and he has to regain their trust... well IS should make him a commoner and not turn him into the king's son but i didnt mind it that much since it made some sense with duma's / mila whole plot....

I dont find celica's decision to sacrifice herself as idiotic... the only issue i have is that she should have taken a guarantee that it will work or way better IS shouldnt make it a lie! That actually hurt an otherwise great character journey...

Anyway i found both of em so harmless... same with chrom.... now lucina is anotehr thing but people actually praise her instead of hating her obnoxious ass....

Just going to point out that this is a remake, so they can't change the main plot even if it has issues, they can just rework it.

19 hours ago, Ace Pelleas said:

Tbh, I'm in favour of a mix between all four Smashes, including stages, all characters with reworked movesets, but tbh all those sword wielding FE characters make it kinda.... hard to see movesets that are vastly different, perhaps I was too critic about Corrin and I'd like to retract my statement on her(him). Roy as stated had some differences, my limited sight as a Smash player that didn't got their hands at Smash 4 made me think of the same basic melee movset, which was too similar to Marth. Well, CyL wa a double-edged sword anyway. After all there are haters for each and every character.

Let's hope for him and Lucas to have even less similarities on the next Smash game. Regarding Lucina, well, she can still be cut.

I'm somewhat the same in that I want a mega mashup of Smash, but to be realistic it's very unlikely that such a thing would even happen seeing as how Sakurai appears to be trying to get as far away from Melee as he can, gameplay-physics-engine wise, and most everyone else is either just making reskins or else trying to get back to Melee as much as possible, gameplay-physics-engine wise. While these options manage to appeal well to their respective audiences, it's somewhat frustrating at times that the paths are more often than not at odds with one another. In theory, the ultimate Smash Bros. would, in addition to granting access to every Smash Bros. character, stage, Assist Trophy, etc., also feature an option to switch physics engines so that you could play as though you were playing any of the Smash Bros. games out there to allow any player to use any character from any Smash Bros. in the physics engine they were most comfortable with - a Melee player could easily find themselves playing Wolf on Wily's Castle while still using the mechanics they're used to, like L-Cancelling, Wavedashes, etc., while a Brawl player could enjoy Greninja on Brinstar Depths without needing to deal with the complications of playing with Melee's physics engine. Obviously, though, this is very much mere theory as a) I'm pretty sure nobody actually making games/mods/etc. is interested in combining all the Smash games, just semi-casuals like me, and b) the amount of effort required to put such a game together, not to mention finding a system that could handle doing all of that(I mean, we're talking 8-Player all-Ice Climber matches as a possibility), makes it, if not impossible, then very very difficult at this time.

The interesting part of the FE characters is that they all have swords and somewhat similar movesets, at least on paper, and yet there manages to be a decent diversity in their method of execution, with Marth's Tipper, Roy's(admittedly garbage) Reverse-Tipper, Ike's speed-power ratio, Robin's Ranged Moveset(and lack of Counter to a lesser extent), Corrin's Dragon Fang…really, Lucina is the least unique of the group, yes, but even that is because of developer choice - I saw a YouTube video detailing a mod for…I wanna say Project M? Anyways, Masked Marth was a selectable color alt for regular Marth, but if Masked Marth was selected, it used a different moveset, including the spinning flip used by both Chrom and Merth in Awakening Chapter 4's Cutscene as the Neutral Aerial among other options. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it again and thus can't link to it unless I manage to figure out where it came from, but drawing up an alternate moveset for her is easy enough, Sakurai just didn't do it himself for whatever reason he had. Personally, I use Lucina instead of Marth because her lack of a Tipper means I don't feel as pressured to be so exact in my spacing since bar the Dair I'm not trying to hit any magic distances for maximum damage.

On January 20, 2018 at 5:25 PM, Motendra said:

To be frank, I don't see why that matters. You don't need to have a "good reason" to like a character; personal appeal is enough, which a lot of people seem to underestimate (particularly among the dedicated).

Dude has a fuckin' flame sword, what more do you need than that?

This segues into my unpopular opinion: 

You do not need an intelligent, 'good' reason to enjoy a character.  If the reason you like a character is because they look cool to you, or whatever, that is enough of a reason to like them. And if you enjoy a villainous character, it does not mean you excuse their actions. Ive been seeing a lot of opinions of "people only like X cuz waifus" and other shaming tactics about the reasons people love or vote for characters. Its really none of anyone else's business that someone likes Camilla because she has huge tracts of Jötunheim and a butt that wont quit. Just as someone should be free of judgement because they like Takumi due to his having more depth than his siblings. Im...not sure why this opinion i hold about character enjoyment really seems unpopular  ?

On January 20, 2018 at 8:24 PM, NekoKnight said:

Wat. Granted, ive been rather absent in terms of fandom, but Alm is a pretty cool dood who doesn't afraid of anything. And he's certainly flawed. I actually agreed with Celica during their row in terms of stance. Unpopular Opinion but, clamoring for flawed protags, and getting them, only to fling poo on them is really irritating. Like:

Fandom: "Corn cant do wrong and that sucks. Sock me a protag that has real flaws and their actions have an effect on things. And team members call them out."

Celica: *exists* 

Fandom: "Ugh why is she so unreasonable omg i hate her."

yanno? Like, its fine if people dont like characters like Celica and stuff, but...wasnt she kind of what people wanted? /shrug

Edited by Loki Laufeyson

7 minutes ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

Wat. Granted, ive been rather absent in terms of fandom, but Alm is a pretty cool dood who doesn't afraid of anything. And he's certainly flawed. I actually agreed with Celica during their row in terms of stance. Unpopular Opinion but, clamoring for flawed protags, and getting them, only to fling poo on them is really irritating. Like:

Fandom: "Corn cant do wrong and that sucks. Sock me a protag that has real flaws and their actions have an effect on things. And team members call them out."

Celica: *exists* 

Fandom: "Ugh why is she so unreasonable omg i hate her."

yanno? Like, its fine if people dont like characters like Celica and stuff, but...wasnt she kind of what people wanted? /shrug

I think it's a matter of finding a middle ground between extremes. People don't want a flawless superman but they also don't want someone who constantly makes bad choices (Corn, pls stahp). Celica was flawed in some good ways, like her tendency to shoulder all burdens by herself but also too flawed, like trusting a man who looks like Dracula. Alm may be a cool dood but he's a little too good, which is especially problematic when the theme of the game requires him to be flawed like Celica is.

Just as an aside, I think Naesala was Loki before Loki was Loki, and should probably be played by Tom Hiddleston if and when Tellius is made into a live adaption.

12 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I think it's a matter of finding a middle ground between extremes. People don't want a flawless superman but they also don't want someone who constantly makes bad choices (Corn, pls stahp). Celica was flawed in some good ways, like her tendency to shoulder all burdens by herself but also too flawed, like trusting a man who looks like Dracula. Alm may be a cool dood but he's a little too good, which is especially problematic when the theme of the game requires him to be flawed like Celica is.

Just as an aside, I think Naesala was Loki before Loki was Loki, and should probably be played by Tom Hiddleston if and when Tellius is made into a live adaption.

I suppose. Maybe it's because i didnt see Alm as too good. I saw the two lords as two halves of a whole. And given what Celica knows and feels, her actions dont seem as ridiculous to me. Certainly not wise, but not out of realm of reason. Especially since she literally was raised to think Mila can fix anything, and shoulders everything herself. I think id be salty if her team mates didnt say nothin' /shrug 

Naesala is the freaking business and he'd totally sound like Tom Hiddleston.i totally voted for Naesala in this cyl in Heroes. Gimme dat Nae!

39 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

personally i find IS decision to make dracula lie stupid since it makes celica look dumb or they should let celica dead so it would be tragic.... i dont see why they always have to make their villains pure comic evil...

Edited by Pegasus Knight

17 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

personally i find IS decision to make dracula lie stupid since it makes celica look dumb or they should let celica dead so it would be tragic.... i dont see why they always have to make their villains pure comic evil...

I agree. I think both Jedah and Celica would be far more compelling if Jedah was cooperative and telling the truth.

4 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

4 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I agree. I think both Jedah and Celica would be far more compelling if Jedah was cooperative and telling the truth.

Alternatively, they could have made him look actually sincere without all the evil cackling - for example, if he had told Celica that there were insurgents within the Duma Faithful who believed that Duma should remain degenerated because (insert reason here) and were attempting to overthrow Jedah, thus explaining how he's supposedly trying to be on her side yet his men hound her at every step, as according to him they aren't actually his men, they're mutineers or the like. I think he should also have provided some assistance against Grieth, both to build good faith with Celica's group and because if Grieth goofs and kills her Jedah's plan of feeding one of the Branded to Duma goes out the window, so he's keeping his own rear protected while also making himself look like a good guy.

5 hours ago, Loki Laufeyson said:

You do not need an intelligent, 'good' reason to enjoy a character.  If the reason you like a character is because they look cool to you, or whatever, that is enough of a reason to like them. And if you enjoy a villainous character, it does not mean you excuse their actions. Ive been seeing a lot of opinions of "people only like X cuz waifus" and other shaming tactics about the reasons people love or vote for characters. Its really none of anyone else's business that someone likes Camilla because she has huge tracts of Jötunheim and a butt that won't quit. Just as someone should be free of judgement because they like Takumi due to his having more depth than his siblings. I'm...not sure why this opinion i hold about character enjoyment really seems unpopular  ?

I'm not alone?! Er, in thinking you don't need any real major reason to enjoy a character, that is - that's not my reasoning for liking Camilla, and certainly not how I would have worded that(though the Nordic Mythology reference was clever, I'll give you that). People ask me to give reasons for why I like Roy, and when I say 'um…I played him in Melee when I was little and thought he was cool?' they act like I'm somehow a lesser fan of Roy than they are of their characters because at least they have real reasons for liking their people.

Well, time to get thrown into a fire, crucified and then split in half by way of goat...

Unpopular opinions - Fates:

• Corrin isn't the worst thing in Fates. That title belongs to a certain discount Lisette / Tear Grants wannabe
  • I really do not like the Royal Siblings with the exception of Sakura and Elise
  • Though I will say that Camilla is at least an interesting character
  • The Takumi memes never have been and never will be funny
  • Setsuna and Azama never have been and never will be funny
  • Felicia's voice is still annoying, even though her voice actress does an excellent job at portraying the character
  • Despite her awful support with Corrin, Hana is still among my favourite characters.
  • Nyx is - bar none - the best character in Fates. Still one of the worst units, though
  • Lost in tho(ugh)ts all alone is not a good song, even though Rena Strober's voice is heavenly
  • I dislike Conquest's map themes with one exception: A Dark Fall
  • I don't mind the child mechanic. I just think it could have been implemented better (like, not losing out on at least one child when you play as a male and marry a first gen female)

Unpopular opinions - Awakening:

• I don't see the appeal of Tharja
  • Sumia > Cordelia
  • Inigo is just as bad as Virion, character-wise. Though both are very entertaining in their own ways, I really don't get why one is so popular while the other one... (rightfully) isn't.
  • I don't mind the focus shifting to Robin in the last third of the game, since it is natural that every main character gets their time in the spotlight. Gangrel was about Chrom and the Shepherds, Valm was about Say'ri, Basilio and Flavia, Grimleal is about Robin. It all adds up, in my opinion.
  • The Nowi = jailtime memes are not funny (though I myself am guilty of making that joke a few times, for which I would like to apologize)

Unpopular opinions - Tellius:

• Micaiah isn't a bad character and far from being a Mary Sue (calling her 'Failcaiah' is still hilarious, though)
  • On the other hand, I really dislike Sothe and the rest of the Dawn Brigade
  • Soren isn't exempt from my dislike, either
  • I unironically want an ending where Ike and Sanaki end up with each other
  • Oscar and Boyd are not good units in Path of Radiance

Unpopular opinions - Echoes:

• I like Faye
  • I am entirely okay with Celica taking Jedah's offer

Unpopular opinions - GBA games:

• Eirika is not a bad character
  • I didn't enjoy playing Binding Blade
  • On the other hand, Idoun is the most interesting final boss in the franchise, at least story-wise
  • Hector is not that great a unit. He's good, but people over-exaggerate his strengths
  • Ephraim is the least interesting (read: worst) lord in the franchise. He's Kirito before Kirito existed

Unpopular opinions - DS games:

• Shadow Dragon is a good Fire Emblem game
  • The writing in Shadow Dragon isn't terrible
  • I prefer Shiida to Caeda as far as spelling / pronunciation goes.
  • Kris and Katarina should have gotten together by the end of FE12

Unpopular opinions - Warriors:

• I am miffed that the discount Lisette / Tear Grants wannabe made it in as DLC
  • Mounted units aren't fun to use on the 3DS because they cover the entire screen
    DragonFlames-Hypocrite moment: I do like using Shiida, though
  • Warriors did Fates better than Fates, though it reinforced the stupidity of the Royal siblings to the Nth degree
  • Warriors' story is Sacred Stones lite
  • Warriors has some of the funniest supports in the franchise (Anna/Robin, Frederick/Camilla among others)

Unpopular opinions - Fire Emblem in general:

• I dislike using Cavaliers and Armor Knights
    DragonFlames-Hypocrite moment: I do like using Gilliam, Owsin, Frederick, Benny and Sophie, though
  • I don't see why Anna is as popular as she is

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ephraim is the least interesting (read: worst) lord in the franchise. He's Kirito before Kirito existed

No wait, ok, i think that's taking it a bit too far. Ephraim is this perfect warrior and you don't like that, whatever, saying he's Kirito before Kirito existed? C'mon man. Ephraim at least has a personality. 

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That title belongs to a certain discount Lisette / Tear Grants wannabe

Ok i don't know who Lisette is but i know you're refering to Azura here and i don't really see how she's a Tear wannabe. Granted, i never played Abyss (or any Tales game aside from the first hour of Zestiria) but i watched the anime insteand. Azura and Tear had different personalities and motivations so uh, how is the former a discount to the latter?

39 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Inigo is just as bad as Virion, character-wise. Though both are very entertaining in their own ways, I really don't get why one is so popular while the other one... (rightfully) isn't.

Simple. Inigo has actual reasons to be a womanizer. Whereas Virion is a womanizer because why not.