What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

18 minutes ago, Benice said:

In that case, why do you think that the general population considers Fates to have a weaker story than Awakening and Three Houses? I know a lot of people who loved Awakening, didn't enjoy Fates, didn't know SoV existed, and then adored Three Houses and considered it a strong return to the series. I'm not trying to make an argument against you; I've just not played Fates and I'd like to hear why you think people dislike it in comparison to its peers.

I personally do not know if it is simply a hate train, but I kind of doubt it to an extent, given that people outside the fanbase had a smilar, if less extreme, reaction to Fates' plot or characters.

The answer to this is relatively simple it’s because some people just don’t like it regardless of what messages it tries to convey. It’s just a matter of personal preference and there’s nothing wrong with that. My issue is that there are people like myself who actually legitimately relate to the themes and ideas that fates tries to explore but instead of trying to understand that perspective they dismiss it entirely saying Fates’s story is trash. No one can like it for any deeper meaning it has because it has no deeper meaning. Anyone who tries to find a deeper meaning is just over analyzing. The writers are too stupid to think of that. It’s fates its trash. It’s just garbage Japanese anime tropes meant to pander. Stop thinking so hard about it. And yes those previous sentences were directed at @joevar btw. I absolutely despise this. You wanna talk about shutting down others’ opinions that’s what that is. I am so tired of people dismissing these stories instead of actually trying to meet them on their own terms. There’s a lot of good to be found in fates but you’re not gonna see it if you’re just gonna dismissive and not even try to understand how the story is supposed to function rather than how you want it function. Stop looking at things from your singular perspective. Try looking at it from someone else’s perspective for once. If the story doesn’t make sense trying looking at it from a different angle until it makes sense. A lot of fates criticism doesn’t do that.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think you have hit on a really important part of why people suggest less supports here, that who each character has a support with, tells you something about their character. You lose something when characters can support with everyone, there is no sense that characters have enough of a personality to have a preference in whom they become friends/lovers with, and you never have that mystery of why certain characters might have supports together that can really draw you into seeking some odd ones out. 

Very interesting, well said, I approve.

18 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

This "don't watch them if they aren't for you" argument always falls flat for me.

To sum up my feeling on the topic, its more about having the right number of supports then necessarily "less or more", but in Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses, they clearly have too many. Adding more bad to read through to find what is good doesn't improve characters, it hurts them, and often works towards making characters less fleshed out than a more curated number of supports would.

I agree with these statements. These are good- it's a good point that we shouldn't bury the gems with dirt.

13 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

How do we feel instead about characters who don't receive this privilege, like Kliff or Genny? Do we learn enough from their currently limited support options, or would adding more supports shed more light on their characters?

To be honest, I think Kliff and Genny do get pretty decent characterization. You're right about Tobin's main story role, certainly, but most of the other characters do pretty well with just one or two supports. Perhaps they would benefit from a couple more, but I think there's a difference between saying 5-6 support chains is better than 2-3 and saying 20 or so is better than 2-3.

I don't know, maybe I'm being harsh. Well, not harsh, but a little off-target. The support bloat in Awakening and Fates didn't bother me as much as Three Houses, because even if most of them were useless, I think the pacing of them was a lot better. In Three Houses it felt like you were bombarded by these agonizingly long mini-cutscenes between every map, while Fateswakening gave you a handful of fairly brisk supports that you were probably actively working towards.

11 hours ago, NaotoUzumaki said:

True blunt isn’t an issue if the evidence point the player towards it. Zelda does it and it can work. Although beating over the head with it is the issue. It like navi “ yes I know what my next objective is you dumb dumb I just wanna sidequest. So treating your player like a moron is the problem. Which begs if that features is for Five year olds and if it is they won’t understand your story even if you beat them with it repeatedly so yeah….

I don't know man, I'm not really convinced Zelda generally does stuff in a "it works" type manner.

6 hours ago, aarondelatorre707@gmail.co said:

Zeker eens met de mening hierboven. Het is overgewaardeerd en op sommige plaatsen saai

This Dutch(?) guy gets it.

55 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

The writers are all incompetent anyway who have no idea what they’re doing and I’m simply smarter than them.

Yes.

16 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I like to think I've been one of the posters who went more in debt as to why Garon was made such an awful character so I hope you'll excuse me if I don't take guesses of me ''not getting the point'' to heart. I've speculated quite a lot on what Garon's point was. That it proceeded to be not particularly flattering diminishes nothing of that. 

Intentions and results do be different sometimes.

I think @Saint Rubenio likes Garon, but he also seems to like not being an imbecile so he'll probably avoid posting about it here.

27 minutes ago, joevar said:

are you sure you're "reading between the lines" not 'filling in the blanks" in that topic? if its the former, the moment you point out something, people will get it.
but you already admit it yourself "people dont get it". so its likely the latter, which no matter what, people wont get it, since other people are not you, didnt read what you already read, see, hear, etc that they will not reach the same conclusion unless its the fact.

Dude I wrote a 30 page essay on the themes of Fates’s story and I do have it posted on this site and I have been pointing out these themes and ideas for a good while now but people always dismiss them because “Fates bad”. It doesn’t matter how many times I point out the fact that Xander is intentionally supposed to be hypocritical and how his obligation to Garon and Nohr parallel the blood family vs bond themes of Birthright’s narrative. Everyone just retorts with “ph but you’re just over analyzing fates can’t have deep ideas like that” so at this point I’ve just begun to give up. No one acknowles any of my points no matter how much evidence I have to support my claims.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Three Houses gives you almost your entire cast right away. Meaning most of the supports are going to come at once. And the game is so generous with support points you frequently some how unlock supports with characters you aren't even actively using

...that's a positive tho. I really hated how stingy old games were with support points and i rarely got more than 2 chains per run pre-PoR. And what i saw before FE9 in the game didn't make me care about the characters enough to view the chains online.

Edited by Father Shrimpas

23 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

No one acknowles any of my points no matter how much evidence I have to support my claims.

Look man, I don't want to sound too mean when I point this out, but this is exactly how other people feel when they try to explain their positions to you.

57 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Look man, I don't want to sound too mean when I point this out, but this is exactly how other people feel when they try to explain their positions to you.

Because their arguments usually aren’t even arguments as they are statements of opinion. It’s not that I don’t understand the opinion. It’s perfectly valid to have personal preference but that’s not an argument. And I want to make that point perfectly fucking clear. I have never once said you’re not allowed to have an opinion but everyone keeps thinking that’s what I’m saying. I’m saying the way you’re trying to justify your opinion doesn’t make sense. It’s like like people saying they don’t like Edelgard because she’s racist which is just not true. I don’t care if that’s “your opinion” that’s just objectively an incorrect statement. Like how do you even come to that conclusion. Not liking Edelgard is completely valid but straight up lying and spreading misinformation is not okay. When you break down that argument none of it makes any sense. And it’s not like I don’t understand the feeling. I do. It’s just when you think about it for more than five minutes the statement of “Edelgard is racist” doesn’t make sense no matter how you slice it. It only makes sense when you look at it from the angle of someone trying to justify their dislike of the character. It’s perfectly fine to have an opinion but if you’re gonna make a claim about anything you might want to have it make sense.

Edited by Ottservia

1 hour ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

To be honest, I think Kliff and Genny do get pretty decent characterization. You're right about Tobin's main story role, certainly, but most of the other characters do pretty well with just one or two supports. Perhaps they would benefit from a couple more, but I think there's a difference between saying 5-6 support chains is better than 2-3 and saying 20 or so is better than 2-3.

I wouldn't say Shadows of Valentia needs more supports. It just needs good supports. Shadows of Valentia's supports are barely a step up from Radiant Dawn's generic "Let's fight together' "Yes, let's." Most of the interesting character stuff in Shadows of Valentia comes in the form of base conversations which consist of a character monologuing to a silent Alm/Celica. That being said I'd definitely take a few more bad supports just to have some more time with some characters. Particularly Conrad. I'm sure they could have given us one with him and Nomah at the very least.

49 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

...that's a positive tho. I really hated how stingy old games were with support points and i rarely got more than 2 chains per run pre-PoR. And what i saw before FE9 in the game didn't make me care about the characters enough to view the chains online.

To be sure there's a middle ground somewhere. And I think, for the most part, the 3DS games manage to achieve it.

Edited by Jotari

54 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Because their arguments usually aren’t even arguments as they are statements of opinion. It’s not that I don’t understand the opinion. It’s perfectly valid to have personal preference but that’s not an argument. And I want to make that point perfectly fucking clear. I have never once said you’re not allowed to have an opinion but everyone keeps thinking that’s what I’m saying. I’m saying the way you’re trying to justify your opinion doesn’t make sense. It’s like like people saying they don’t like Edelgard because she’s racist which is just not true. I don’t care if that’s “your opinion” that’s just objectively an incorrect statement. Like how do you even come to that conclusion. Not liking Edelgard is completely valid but straight up lying and spreading misinformation is not okay. When you break down that argument none of it makes any sense. And it’s not like I don’t understand the feeling. I do. It’s just when you think about it for more than five minutes the statement of “Edelgard is racist” doesn’t make sense no matter how you slice it. It only makes sense when you look at it from the angle of someone trying to justify their dislike of the character. It’s perfectly fine to have an opinion but if you’re gonna make a claim about anything you might want to have it make sense.

If the "Edelgard is Racist" viewpoint only makes sense to you from an angle where it has to come from someone who dislikes Edelgard, then you're just not looking deep enough into the themes of the story that it is trying to convey to the player. You should try meeting the game on its terms and try to give it some merit and look a little deeper. Making a blanket statement that only people who dislike Edelgard would consider her racist because it would be an easy thing to gravitate toward is underselling the ideas and themes the story is trying to convey.

Doesn't feel nice to be on the recieving end does it? And of course you'll be in disagreement with what is written above. I'm merely using the Edelgard thing you mentioned as an example and have no significant opinion on the take. it's merely there to serve as an example. This is the logic you use and it's makes any argument against it useless. Because if people disagree you'll just repeat the "You're not digging deep enough" until the other person agrees with you. If someone replies you can always repeat your "just dig deeper" line. If they agree then you've won. There's no use having a discussion with this because the "just dig deeper" line isn't an actual argument at all. it's just a border for you to set and whoever doesn't agree is not deep enough yet so they must be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

If the "Edelgard is Racist" viewpoint only makes sense to you from an angle where it has to come from someone who dislikes Edelgard, then you're just not looking deep enough into the themes of the story that it is trying to convey to the player.

Doesn't feel nice to be on the recieving end does it? And of course you'll be in disagreement with what is written above.

White supremacist Edelgard stans:

cHBldC5qcGc

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

White supremacist Edelgard stans:

cHBldC5qcGc

That one got a good chuckle out of me, very nicely done. :')
i haven't played enough of TH to even formulate a well built opinion on Edelgard, which is why I stated that it was merely used as the example because it was already used as an example. Wish I could continue but currently the game is being lent to a friend. 

But yeah, my point wasn't to attack, just merely to show that it's impossible to have a meaningful discussion with this rhetoric.

As for an unpopular opinion i have: Fucking hate Frederick, though I respect the VO for the Pick a God and Pray line. Ana really soured me on Frederick,... Sylvain too actually. And bears :')

16 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So I take it you didn't finish NEO then?

No, I'm not that severe with NEO TWEWY. Though personally, the plot never fully recovered from the implosion it suffered mid-late into the game. I came to terms with the schmaltzy way the story chose to end itself. The characters... not the best cast around, and it feels weird that I like certain characters that I do. Gameplay was calling out for more enemy variety after a point.

Lol don't be silly I already beat it several times and got 100% of the pins.

I actually did like NEO and some of the things that it did, but I definitely did not like the new characters nearly as much as the original cast. The way the first game had been structured was a lot better at developing its characters in meaningful ways and making them feel real.

Honestly, my original comment about gameplay not being stellar was a jab at 3H, which is sure a FE game but felt more tedious than other FEs that I played to the point where I've still never finished Verdant Wind even though Claude's my favorite of the three lords.

EDIT: Oh yes, I am aware that there is a discussion related to character going on. I thought about participating in it, but I don't see any way my presence will improve anything. So I'll just leave this here: Awakening, Fates, and 3H support systems don't work because it's only structured that way so the avatar can boink everyone. Which will always lead to things turning out subpar.

Edited by Sunwoo

27 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

i haven't played enough of TH to even formulate a well built opinion on Edelgard, which is why I stated that it was merely used as the example because it was already used as an example. Wish I could continue but currently the game is being lent to a friend.

I hope your friend finishes that game sooner than later.  3H has its tedious moments and some weird story things, but the characters are (mostly) worth discussing.

Which brings me to my opinion: Love her or hate her, the fact that we're talking about Edelgard's actions instead of her figure is a step in the right direction.  Even if 3H isn't the pinnacle of writing, it's an improvement.

16 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Doesn't feel nice to be on the recieving end does it? A

I mean not really because the example you used doesn’t make any sense. You’re not actually using my argument against because the paragraph has no logical basis. Like I don’t even how someone saying Edelgard is racist has anything to do with the messages of the story. Like what does have to do with anything? My point is that the statement of “Edelgard is racist” is just incorrect and that people use as a way to justify their dislike of her. It has nothing to do with themes the story is trying to convey. So the whole paragraph is just trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Like if you actually wanted to use my own argument against me it would be more like:

”I don’t think the GGO ark of SAO is very good because Kirito gets over his PTSD too quickly”

“But he doesn’t get over his PTSD”

”Yeah but why does he talk about it with the nurse. It doesn’t make sense cause talking about it with Asuna would’ve been better”

”well you’re just not understanding the point then. It does make sense. He couldn’t talk to Asuna because he was worried about her and didn’t want to drag her into it. Like how else could the story have handled that plot point and make it work”

and yes that is an actual exchange I have had with me on the receiving end of the arguments I’ve used here. Now personally looking back on it I realize I was the one being stupid in that exchange because I’ve had time to really re-evaluate what I was saying. Like yeah it doesn’t matter that Kirito got out of his funk from talking to the nurse because there’s payoff to it later and the nurse does become a reoccurring character so really it was nitpick on my part but I digress.

31 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Because if people disagree you'll just repeat the "You're not digging deep enough" until the other person agrees with you. If someone replies you can always repeat your "just dig deeper" line. If they agree then you've won. There's no use having a discussion with this because the "just dig deeper" line isn't an actual argument at all. it's just a border for you to set and whoever doesn't agree is not deep enough yet so they must be wrong.

If that’s how you’re interpreting my argument then you’re interpreting it completely wrong. That’s not how my argument works. As an example let’s look at a common criticism of fates:

”Fates’s story is bad because Revelation makes conquest and Birthright’s stories pointless” 

now this seems like a fair criticism except it’s not. Because that criticism only really works when you look at Fates from the angle that all three routes are supposed to be standalone narratives. However, there is another angle to look at this from in that Revelation making Conquest and Birthright redundant is exactly the intention. Because before you even start revelation the game tells you that that path is best experienced after playing the other two routes. So running with that idea, why would the game say that? Maybe because the story of Revelation only makes sense when you have the context of the two routes. Each route of fates should not be taken as a standalone narrative but rather you should view each route as one piece of a larger narrative whose ideas build off of each other and culminate into Revelation which is the climax and finale of the story. Revelation is a conclusion to BR and CQ  as well as the ideas they established. When you look at fates from that angle, the story begins to make a lot more sense. The reason why Garon isn’t a focal point of Rev because he was the focal point of the other two routes and Anankos is the focal point of Rev. Anankos eating Garon in Rev is supposed to conclude what was established about him in BR and Rev. You wouldn’t know that unless you already played those two routes prior to rev and have the context of his character fresh in your head.

I could go on all day about the structure of Fates’s narrative and how it’s actually ingenious but my point is that if you have the criticism of “Rev bad because it invalidates Corrin’s choice” or whatever, then you’re looking at it the wrong way. When I say look deeper. I mean try to look at it from a different angle. When something doesn’t make sense then look at it from different angles until it does make sense. Instead of dismissing it as not making sense try to find a way for it to make sense. Because you should have enough respect for the author try and understand their work in the way it was supposed to be understood. Obviously if you look at Fates from that perspective then of course it’s not gonna make sense because that’s not how you’re supposed to look at it. The story was never intended to be viewed that way so viewing it that way isn’t gonna make the story good. It’s like trying to eat soup with fork. You’re not supposed to eat it that way so try something else. It’s not the soup’s fault for you refusing to eat it the way it was supposed to be eaten.

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Love her or hate her, the fact that we're talking about Edelgard's actions instead of her figure is a step in the right direction.  Even if 3H isn't the pinnacle of writing, it's an improvement.

Hah, fooled you! Edelgard sucks because she is short. She is a tiny baby loser. I could kick her in the face without lifting my knee past my waist.

Froggy Fresh looks down on her the way Shaq looks down on Aaron Carter except Edelgard can't even beat Froggy Fresh in her dreams.

To be quite honest, and maybe this is just were I choose to sow my seeds, but in all my years of shitposting, I don't think I've ever seen a discussion of Lyn, Eirika, Micaiah, Celica, or Caeda's body type. Now Lucina I have seen plenty of discussion because flat chest does not go brrr and quite frankly that's still funny.

Which isn't to say these characters are good. They're pretty generally agreed to be bad characters, but I mostly hear people argue that on the grounds of their actions.

14 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

When I say look deeper. I mean try to look at it from a different angle. When something doesn’t make sense then look at it from different angles until it does make sense.

We in civilized societies call that statistics and it is broadly considered to be poisonous deceit by respectable people.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I may look at something from a different angle and not change my opinion.  That also happens.

EDIT: The things I go through just to make quote boxes play nicely!

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

To be quite honest, and maybe this is just were I choose to sow my seeds, but in all my years of shitposting, I don't think I've ever seen a discussion of Lyn, Eirika, Micaiah, Celica, or Caeda's body type. Now Lucina I have seen plenty of discussion because flat chest does not go brrr and quite frankly that's still funny.

Which isn't to say these characters are good. They're pretty generally agreed to be bad characters, but I mostly hear people argue that on the grounds of their actions.

Can you think of a female character in the past seven years who was referred to by her body parts?  Because I can.

Edited by eclipse

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I may look at something from a different angle and not change my opinion.  That also happens.

Well I never said that doesn’t happen. Like it doesn’t matter if you like soup or not. The fact remains is that you’re not supposed to eating it with a fork. I’m not trying to have you change your opinion on anything just understand that your opinion shouldn’t impact your ability to meet and judge the story on it’s own terms and what it’s trying to say. I don’t care for demon slayer. I think it’s extremely boring but I’m not gonna say it’s an awful story with no worthwhile themes or messages or that it excutes on those things poorly because it’s still a manga worth reading that explores themes of human depravity, despair, and what being a demon truly represents. Like there are people who legitimately like Demon slayer and resonate with its themes and characters and that perspective shouldn’t be dismissed because I personally found it boring. Like I could write an entire essay on the themes and ideas of this story even if personally I find it more boring than watching paint dry. 

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

Well I never said that doesn’t happen. Like it doesn’t matter if you like soup or not. The fact remains is that you’re not supposed to eating it with a fork. I’m not trying to have you change your opinion on anything just understand that your opinion shouldn’t impact your ability to meet and judge the story on it’s own terms and what it’s trying to say. I don’t care for demon slayer. I think it’s extremely boring but I’m not gonna say it’s an awful story with no worthwhile themes or messages or that it excutes on those things poorly because it’s still a manga worth reading that explores themes of human depravity, despair, and what being a demon truly represents. Like there are people who legitimately like Demon slayer and resonate with its themes and characters and that perspective shouldn’t be dismissed because I personally found it boring. Like I could write an entire essay on the themes and ideas of this story even if personally I find it more boring than watching paint dry. 

You're taking something as subjective as a video game opinion and comparing it to something objective like eating soup with a fork.  This is a problem.

You're taking something as subjective as a video game opinion and comparing it to something objective like eating soup with a fork.  This is a problem.

The themes of a story aren’t subjective. Like the themes of a story don’t change everytime you read it. It’s not a shrodinger’s cat situation. Like you can say all day that Naruto is a story about hard work overcoming natural talent. That doesn’t make it any less wrong because there’s no evidence to support that claim. In fact there’s more evidence that contradicts that claim if nothing else. And again, I don’t care for demon slayer at all but it would be completely disingenuous to say it’s bad or that it explores its ideas poorly simply because I personally found it boring. And I can name plenty of other examples but my point is don’t dismiss something just because you don’t like it. Try to better understand it and why someone could resonate with it where you didn’t. Try to find what other people see in something you don’t like. 

The themes of a story aren’t subjective. Like the themes of a story don’t change everytime you read it. It’s not a shrodinger’s cat situation. Like you can say all day that Naruto is a story about hard work overcoming natural talent. That doesn’t make it any less wrong because there’s no evidence to support that claim. In fact there’s more evidence that contradicts that claim if nothing else. And again, I don’t care for demon slayer at all but it would be completely disingenuous to say it’s bad or that it explores its ideas poorly simply because I personally found it boring. And I can name plenty of other examples but my point is don’t dismiss something just because you don’t like it. Try to better understand it and why someone could resonate with it where you didn’t. Try to find what other people see in something you don’t like. 

I'm not going to apply a rigorous literary analysis to a video game story because that's a waste of my time.  I'd rather apply it to how I live my life, because respecting other people's opinions on video games is far more important to me than a 30 page essay on Fates.  And that's something you'll need to respect from others, if you want what you're saying to be true in terms of action.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm not going to apply a rigorous literary analysis to a video game story because that's a waste of my time.  I'd rather apply it to how I live my life, because respecting other people's opinions on video games is far more important to me than a 30 page essay on Fates.  And that's something you'll need to respect from others, if you want what you're saying to be true in terms of action.

Then don’t dismiss when I write that essay. If you don’t care about the themes of Fates’s story then don’t act like you do. Like you can’t say you don’t wanna analyze something then go on to criticize it for what you perceive is a flaw because that is in fact analyzing it. It’s just hypocritical. If you’re going to make a claim about anything then be prepared to have it be contested. Like what are you trying that I don’t argue with anyone that I think has a faulty claim? If you’re going to make a faulty claim then don’t get mad when people call you out on it. I mean I’ve done this but at least I’ve acknowledged that fact right now and I Am not perfect. But the point remains that your opinion does not shield you from making a faulty claim.

if you don’t want to be a part of that discussion that’s fine then don’t be but when you engage in that discussion and debate then basic literary rhetoric should be expected. You make a claim and provide the evidence. If that claim is faulty then it’s no longer a worthwhile claim.

Edited by Ottservia

2 minutes ago, Ottservia said:

Then don’t dismiss when I write that essay. If you don’t care about the themes of Fates’s story then don’t act like you do. Like you can’t say you don’t wanna analyze something then go on to criticize it for what you perceive is a flaw because that is in fact analyzing it. It’s just hypocritical. If you’re going to make a claim about anything then be prepared to have it be contested. Like what are you trying that I don’t argue with anyone that I think has a faulty claim? If you’re going to make a faulty claim then don’t get mad when people call you out on it. I mean I’ve done this but at least I’ve acknowledged that fact right now and I Am not perfect. But the point remains that your opinion does not shield you from making a faulty claim.

I'm gonna care when you start causing discord on this forum.  Part of my job is making sure that threads run smoothly.  Which means that the issue isn't the argument, it's how you're handling it.  I'm not the only mod telling you this, either.  If you can't handle this, then find another place to post.

I'm gonna care when you start causing discord on this forum.  Part of my job is making sure that threads run smoothly. 

That is not at all what I meant. I was speaking more generally. If someone says they don’t care about the themes of fates or anything then they have no right criticizing it because that’s hypocritical. Again if you enter the discussion then basic literary rhetoric should be expected.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Which means that the issue isn't the argument, it's how you're handling it.  I'm not the only mod telling you this, either.  If you can't handle this, then find another place to post.

I’ll admit I’m not perfect and I feel like I could argue my points better and not get so heated. But I feel like I’m not the only one handling things poorly. And personally I don’t appreciate it when I give an indepth look into my perspective only for someone to reduce it down to “it’s just an opinion bro” like @Vicious Sal is the one who wanted to better understand my perspective so I gave them what I felt was a reasonable explanation and I apologize if that upsets you. Everything before that was something I felt was fair to be reprimanded for. If you disagree with my perspective then I don’t mind having a discussion just that I personally feel like my perspective is being misrepresented in this discussion. 

55 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

What? There are certainly people who think that way, but I don't think "generally agreed to be bad characters" is accurate for any of them. Especially Lucina.

I’ll admit I’m not perfect and I feel like I could argue my points better and not get so heated. But I feel like I’m not the only one handling things poorly. And personally I don’t appreciate it when I give an indepth look into my perspective only for someone to reduce it down to “it’s just an opinion bro” like @Vicious Sal is the one who wanted to better understand my perspective so I gave them what I felt was a reasonable explanation and I apologize if that upsets you. Everything before that was something I felt was fair to be reprimanded for. If you disagree with my perspective then I don’t mind having a discussion just that I personally feel like my perspective is being misrepresented in this discussion. 

Because in the end, it really is an opinion.  And if others are consistently having issues understanding your opinion, then I strongly suggest that you retool it so that it's not so misunderstood.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

What? There are certainly people who think that way, but I don't think "generally agreed to be bad characters" is accurate for any of them. Especially Lucina.

There's plenty of arguments about Micaiah/Celica.  Lyn wasn't exactly the bastion of strong character writing, either.  Which leaves Eirika (I think Lyon's the bigger problem in her story), Caeda (who doesn't get enough screen time IMO) and Lucina (not my favorite, but hardly the worst character out of a FE game).