What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

I think I've stated it here before; but personally I don't mind that Emmeryn lives. It's not implausible to begin with; and I feel that having her live but get amnesia that according to her ending never goes away (which is a kind of death, when you think about it) rather than detract from her actions and their impact on Chrom and company, it actually hammers the point down more.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's not implausible to begin with; and I feel that having her live but get amnesia that according to her ending never goes away (which is a kind of death, when you think about it) rather than detract from her actions and their impact on Chrom and company, it actually hammers the point down more.

So you think it's plausible that Chrom, Lissa, Frederick and the rest of the Ylissian army saw Emmeryn fall to her death and just decided to leave her body there without checking to see if she's alive at all?

Because there's a HUGE hole in the story with Emmeryn specifically about this. They just left her body in Plegia and find her later.

Edited by Slumber

2 minutes ago, Slumber said:

So you think it's plausible that Chrom, Lissa, Frederick and the rest of the Ylissian army saw Emmeryn fall to her death and just decided to leave her body there without checking to see if she's alive at all?

>Basilio and Flavia rush in

Basilio
No, boy! I secured and escape route! We have to flee!

Chrom
B-but...her body... I have to...

Basilio
You have to RUN! Now do it! Robin! Don't let him do anything stupid!

---

He wanted to, to his credit. Blame Basilio they didn't.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

>Basilio and Flavia rush in

Basilio
No, boy! I secured and escape route! We have to flee!

Chrom
B-but...her body... I have to...

Basilio
You have to RUN! Now do it! Robin! Don't let him do anything stupid!

---

He wanted to, to his credit.

It's still baffling that they didn't ever try to secure the body later. Maybe they did and just assumed some Plegians got to it, but at the same time, Emmeryn's "death" is the sole reason most of the Plegian army defected from Gangrel.

The whole thing is weird and relies on some weird logic.

Like how Emmeryn managed to make it out of the middle of the desert with severe brain damage. Maybe that's touched upon in her paralogue, but it's not in her support with Robin.

Edited by Slumber

4 minutes ago, Slumber said:

It's still baffling that they didn't ever try to secure the body later. Maybe they did and just assumed some Plegians got to it, but at the same time, Emmeryn's "death" is the sole reason most of the Plegian army defected from Gangrel.

The whole thing is weird.

Well, the Plegian army was in full pursuit. The only time they'd have the chance was after beating Grangrel. Though by that time, it was likely her body was already retrieved. Just by someone who decided to take her to the islands between Ylisse and Valm, considering that's where Emmeryn ended up.

That's the thing about surviving a situation where the chances were low. Since the chances are low, people can easily leave you for dead. Likely why Grangel didn't bothered to check himself, since he was sure she was dead; and going after Chrom and company was a bigger priority. It's likely whoever actually bothered to check her body happened to be among those moved by her sacrifice.

That's why I think her living doesn't diminish her actions. She still jumped. That's the catalyst action. Not her dying per se; but the fact she was willing to die.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 2/23/2020 at 6:53 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Building off of this, we also know that the Church is referred to as "the Church of St. Elimine", after one of the Eight Heroes. The Church in Magvel... does it even have a name? Also, we know from FE7 that some regions, such as Sacae, have non-Elimine religious traditions (the background of the Mani Katti).

Ghebism is the religion of Magvel, as revealed by SSS supporting Gheb with every woman in the game.

Either way, I'd say that religion was the only thing that was hugely missed in Magvel. 

Ooh, and I'm pretty sure Illia isn't even mentioned outside of supports in FE7. That's just bad.

Anyways, IMO Magvel and Tellius deserve remakes more than Elibe or Jugdral. I'll elaborate when people call me out on this.

Edited by Benice

12 minutes ago, Benice said:

Ooh, and I'm pretty sure Illia isn't even mentioned putside of supports in FE7. That's just bad.

Well, plenty of info and actual appearance in Binding Blade already. Blazing Blade wasn't meant to cover the entire continent in its scope. So Ilia isn't important; and only gets brought up in side-dialogue like supports.

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, the Plegian army was in full pursuit. The only time they'd have the chance was after beating Grangrel. Though by that time, it was likely her body was already retrieved. Just by someone who decided to take her to the islands between Ylisse and Valm, considering that's where Emmeryn ended up.

That's the thing about surviving a situation where the chances were low. Since the chances are low, people can easily leave you for dead. Likely why Grangel didn't bothered to check himself, since he was sure she was dead; and going after Chrom and company was a bigger priority. It's likely whoever actually bothered to check her body happened to be among those moved by her sacrifice.

That's why I think her living doesn't diminish her actions. She still jumped. That's the catalyst action. Not her dying per se; but the fact she was willing to die.

Yeah, but at the same time, it definitely cheapens some of the development of Awakening. Chrom would have needed to grow into a leader regardless of if they found Emmeryn or not, since Emmeryn was in no shape to lead in the few years following her apparent death, but the core reason Chrom decided to grow up was ultimately built on a falsehood.

It's also probably the most egregious example of the support system of the game. The main villains like Gangrel and Walhart not supporting with people besides Robin is incredibly disappointing, but it's hard to say what they'd bring to the table in a few cases. And Yen'fay with Say'ri is similar, but they're secondary characters and again, kinda understandable why corners would be cut there. 

But Emmeryn having no supports with anybody besides Corrin REALLY brings too many questions to her relationship with people. Chrom and Lissa don't ever want to check up and see how their sister is doing? We don't get to see them ever interacting and continuing to grow with the single person who shaped their lives more than anyone?

I am firmly in the "Emmeryn living is detrimental to Awakening" camp mostly for that second reason.

24 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anyways, IMO Magvel and Tellius deserve remakes more than Elibe or Jugdral. I'll elaborate when people call me out on this.

Elaborate.

Edited by Slumber

6 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Yeah, but at the same time, it definitely cheapens some of the development of Awakening. Chrom would have needed to grow into a leader regardless of if they found Emmeryn or not, since Emmeryn was in no shape to lead in the few years following her apparent death, but the core reason Chrom decided to grow up was ultimately built on a falsehood.

It's also probably the most egregious example of the support system of the game. The main villains like Gangrel and Walhart not supporting with people besides Robin is incredibly disappointing, but it's hard to say what they'd bring to the table in a few cases. And Yen'fay with Say'ri is similar, but they're secondary characters and again, kinda understandable why corners would be cut there. 

But Emmeryn having no supports with anybody besides Corrin REALLY brings too many questions to her relationship with people. Chrom and Lissa don't ever want to check up and see how their sister is doing? We don't get to see them ever interacting and continuing to grow with the single person who shaped their lives more than anyone?

I am firmly in the "Emmeryn living is detrimental to Awakening" camp mostly for that second reason.

Well, it wasn't an intentional falsehood; and it'd be in pretty bad taste to say Emmeryn shouldn't had the gall to survive just to "justify" Chrom's character development. If anything, I can see it still happening since alive or not, his sister is still gone, due to the amnesia. It's a death of personality. Chrom no longer has his older sister, so he has to grow on his own from now on.

Certainly. The DLC scenarios mitigated it somewhat; but it's still bad they didn't got proper supports with other people. In that case, it doesn't really correlate to whether or not it was detriment for her to live. Since the developers could've given her, and the rest, proper support lists.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, it wasn't an intentional falsehood; and it'd be in pretty bad taste to say Emmeryn shouldn't had the gall to survive just to "justify" Chrom's character development. If anything, I can see it still happening since alive or not, his sister is still gone, due to the amnesia. It's a death of personality. Chrom no longer has his older sister, so he has to grow on his own from now on.

Fridging a character for the sake of another's development is always sketchy. The thing is, though, Awakening is the game that presents said fridging as the actual events of the game. Me saying "Emmeryn should have stayed dead" is not me saying "Emmeryn should have stayed dead so Chrom could grow". It's me saying "Emmeryn should have stayed dead so the game could have been honest". A large chunk of the game before and after the timeskip is built on the premise that yes, Emmeryn died.

And Emmeryn having a "death of character, which is just as good" is debatable. Especially since a large portion of Robin's supports involve him helping her regain her memories, which it strongly indicates that she at least partially does. And if you don't pair her with Robin, she still regains an undisclosed amount of her memory. Emmeryn's memories and personality are not completely gone by any stretch in either scenario. The only scenario that the game presents where Emmeryn as Chrom and Lissa know her is completely gone is the one where she's dead.

Edited by Slumber

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, plenty of info and actual appearance in Binding Blade already. Blazing Blade wasn't meant to cover the entire continent in its scope. So Ilia isn't important; and only gets brought up in side-dialogue like supports.

Still, since it is a previous game, we shouldn't be surprised when a random mercenary from Illia shows up on the dread isle. Or at least mention that it exists! Like seriously, tell us about the countries of Elibe, even if it's a tiny blurb like the intro of Sacred stones!

13 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Elaborate.

Okay, starting from the ones that are slightly less biased, working down

1. Honestly, I think RD is the only one of the Tellius games that needs a remake, although I have heard some haters of PoR. Anyways, making Micaiah and the dawn brigade relevant throughout, (even though I don't mind Ike taking the spotlight away a bit, since he is a major player in the world's affairs,) adding supports, justify why Ashera didn't just kill everybody and coming up with a better scenario than the blood contract, or at least have blood contracts mentioned in more spots than when it first becomes important. Oh, and make Aran X Laura canon, make Rolf X Mist possible, as decided by the SF users in our Tellius wedding wars thread in Forum games.
  2. If they're remaking FE10, they by default have to do the previous game, FE9
  3. Magvel was bitten by the lack of time/budget bug. Honestly VASTLY preffered it to FE7 in every way. If this game had A decent budget and had proper amounts of time allotted, it could become a very good game. Beyond tht, it's balancing the enemies, adding more chapters and giving us more information on the gods, since they're REALLY important. IMO it's a great game to use as a base to make an even better game.

And now, why  Jugdral and Elibe don't deserve remakes as much:

1. Even though it's been worshipped by everyone ever, there's almost always a list of complaintes a mile long about FE4, from the terrible map design to the second generation to the item system. And there's only 13 chapters. That said, I haven't played it, but from what it sounds, they'd be making it a whole new game due to all of the fiscrepancies in the original, which would probably tick off old fans and anyone who likes Kaga. I don't know as much about Thracia 776, but I think that all that one needs is to be more player friendly; apparently, the map design is better in this one becaue I rarely hear people complain about it.
  2. Elibe was just very MEH to me. Hector and Lyn were bad characters, in my bad opinions, the gameplay wasn't that interesting, all of the chapters were fillers, and as I said above, the worldbuilding is ATROCIOUS! At least in Fe7. I haven't finished 6 yet. I personally don't think Fe7 is worthy of a remake, because there's just so much going on there that is blah. Seriously, I could make FE7 about 12 chapters shorter, not including Lyn mode!  In short, I don't think there's much reason to do a remake.

Anyways, that's enough of my ranting for now. Have fun crucifying me for my uneducated opinions!

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Still, since it is a previous game, we shouldn't be surprised when a random mercenary from Illia shows up on the dread isle. Or at least mention that it exists! Like seriously, tell us about the countries of Elibe, even if it's a tiny blurb like the intro of Sacred stones!

They do. The Ch11 (of both Eliwood and Hector's stories) intro gives you the "small blurb" of the countries and regions of Elibe like Sacred Stones does for its continent.

I don't think you're meant to be surprised by Fiora's random appearance. If anything, blame it to the fact Binding Blade wasn't localized. Since by that point one would've long learned that a pegasus knight anywhere means "she was hired by whoever is fielding her".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They do. The Ch11 (of both Eliwood and Hector's stories) intro gives you the "small blurb" of the countries and regions of Elibe like Sacred Stones does for its continent.

Huh. Didn't recall that. I seem to remember that blurb mentioning

1. Lyn is a lord now
  2. Bern is doing stuff
  3. Eliwood's pap is gone

But I guess I wasn't paying enough attention. I absolutely HATED fe7  in my first two playthroughs and it took me three before I could even finish the game, so I must have skipped over that part. Either way, yeah, I attribute it to the lack of FE6 localization, since I know that whitewings =mercenaries in Elibe, but only due to Feh.

Also, is it just me,or are supports impossibleto build unless I'm intentionally doing so? In my plathoughs of FE7 and FE8, the only supports I got by accident were Eliwood and Hector, Amelia and Neimi. In RD, I dind't have that problem. Say what you like about the new supports they addedin RD, but it sure was a heck of a lot more useful gameplay-wise. I actually wouldn't mind seeing something similar, only it actually has support conversations. 

Edited by Benice

6 hours ago, Benice said:

Okay, starting from the ones that are slightly less biased, working down

1. Honestly, I think RD is the only one of the Tellius games that needs a remake, although I have heard some haters of PoR. Anyways, making Micaiah and the dawn brigade relevant throughout, (even though I don't mind Ike taking the spotlight away a bit, since he is a major player in the world's affairs,) adding supports, justify why Ashera didn't just kill everybody and coming up with a better scenario than the blood contract, or at least have blood contracts mentioned in more spots than when it first becomes important. Oh, and make Aran X Laura canon, make Rolf X Mist possible, as decided by the SF users in our Tellius wedding wars thread in Forum games.
  2. If they're remaking FE10, they by default have to do the previous game, FE9
  3. Magvel was bitten by the lack of time/budget bug. Honestly VASTLY preffered it to FE7 in every way. If this game had A decent budget and had proper amounts of time allotted, it could become a very good game. Beyond tht, it's balancing the enemies, adding more chapters and giving us more information on the gods, since they're REALLY important. IMO it's a great game to use as a base to make an even better game.

And now, why  Jugdral and Elibe don't deserve remakes as much:

1. Even though it's been worshipped by everyone ever, there's almost always a list of complaintes a mile long about FE4, from the terrible map design to the second generation to the item system. And there's only 13 chapters. That said, I haven't played it, but from what it sounds, they'd be making it a whole new game due to all of the fiscrepancies in the original, which would probably tick off old fans and anyone who likes Kaga. I don't know as much about Thracia 776, but I think that all that one needs is to be more player friendly; apparently, the map design is better in this one becaue I rarely hear people complain about it.
  2. Elibe was just very MEH to me. Hector and Lyn were bad characters, in my bad opinions, the gameplay wasn't that interesting, all of the chapters were fillers, and as I said above, the worldbuilding is ATROCIOUS! At least in Fe7. I haven't finished 6 yet. I personally don't think Fe7 is worthy of a remake, because there's just so much going on there that is blah. Seriously, I could make FE7 about 12 chapters shorter, not including Lyn mode!  In short, I don't think there's much reason to do a remake.

Anyways, that's enough of my ranting for now. Have fun crucifying me for my uneducated opinions!

You neglected to mention Jugdral's trump card - namely, the fact that it's not playable in non-Japanese in any official form. Japanese-only titles should always take precedence in being remade over internationally-accessible ones. The one possible exception is FE3/12, since that already had a Japan-only remake, but even then I'd be super happy to see a localization of FE12 on the Switch.

Moreover, I find it a bit confusing that you use complaints about the story to justify NOT remaking Elibe and Jugdral, while at the same time, it's a rationale for remaking Radiant Dawn? I love Radiant Dawn, and the "switching armies" aspect - if a remake changes that, IMO it loses part of what makes the original special. There are a few plot holes that could use some patching, I will grant.

I would definitely suggest playing Genealogy at one point. You say it's "only 13 chapters" (12, actually), but each chapter is a multiple-hour experience, since they use gigantic maps. People can complain because Genealogy does a lot of things differently, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really like it for what it does. Most of the Fire Emblem community that I listen to have a very positive take on the game.

2 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Moreover, I find it a bit confusing that you use complaints about the story to justify NOT remaking Elibe and Jugdral, while at the same time, it's a rationale for remaking Radiant Dawn? I love Radiant Dawn, and the "switching armies" aspect - if a remake changes that, IMO it loses part of what makes the original special. There are a few plot holes that could use some patching, I will grant.

I would definitely suggest playing Genealogy at one point. You say it's "only 13 chapters" (12, actually), but each chapter is a multiple-hour experience, since they use gigantic maps. People can complain because Genealogy does a lot of things differently, it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I really like it for what it does. Most of the Fire Emblem community that I listen to have a very positive take on the game.

Yeah, for RD, I mostly meant giving the non-returning Pt.-1 units a few levels before returning to action so that muliple of them might be viable. Not sure whether those levels would be given RNG stat gains or just stat boosts along with the level, but eh, either works. It's also that I found Rd to be a very good, well-written and engaging game despite everyone except for Aran and Laura being terrible, (cough cough Nolan gaining 1hp, 1 skill and 3 luck over eight levels) so I mostly want the game to get reworked to be the bestseller it should/could be.

And my main point on genealogy was that it would tick of older fans of the franchise and people who consider it the height of the franchise, but might alienate new ones by trying to keep it like the OG. I'd personally WANT to pplay it if it ever came out, but I likely won't due to lack of consoles, unless they release it for the Wii. I do see what you are saying, though.

8 hours ago, Benice said:

Elibe was just very MEH to me. Hector and Lyn were bad characters, in my bad opinions, the gameplay wasn't that interesting, all of the chapters were fillers, and as I said above, the worldbuilding is ATROCIOUS! At least in Fe7.

Personally I always thought that Elibe had some of the best worldbuilding in the series. Not to the extend of Tellius and Fodlan but above all the other continents. 

Elibe is very good in establishing a varied world. Few countries are alike. We got absolute monarchies in Etruria and Bern and then all sort of fractured nations ranging from Mongolic step tribes in Sacea to a collection of small landholding knights in Lycia or the subjugated peoples of the Western Isles. All countries feel different and that's a very positive development. 

Its true we don't see every nation in FE7 but I always found that a positive aspect since it allows Lycia, Bern and Sacea to get more focus. We do get a brief introduction to the other countries and characters that hail from these places to peek our interest. In FE7 I was definitely curious about the other countries but in a positive way, as something to look forward to in the next Elibean adventure. This in contrast to Magvel and Ylisse where we learn so little about every nation that I don't think there's any new interesting adventure to tell in those worlds. Unlike Elibe we do venture to every location in Magvel and Ylisse but countries like Valm or Frelia are so bare bones we might as well not have done so. 

I do agree that FE7 shouldn't get a remake though since there is absolutely no reason for that. The GBA sprite work is so charming that the graphics have aged very well and the gameplay is so conventional that it needs no modernizing. Most importantly its also really easy to get your hands on FE7. Everyone who wants to play the game can do so while those that want to play Tellius or Judgral games need to take some drastic steps in order to do so. 

9 hours ago, Benice said:

Also, is it just me,or are supports impossibleto build unless I'm intentionally doing so? In my plathoughs of FE7 and FE8, the only supports I got by accident were Eliwood and Hector, Amelia and Neimi. In RD, I dind't have that problem. Say what you like about the new supports they addedin RD, but it sure was a heck of a lot more useful gameplay-wise. I actually wouldn't mind seeing something similar, only it actually has support conversations. 

It's due to the disparity of the point milestones and ways to obtain points.

Through the GBA games, points are only gained by units being adjacent to each other. In RD (and beyond I believe as well), doing that, in addition to actions like shoving, having one unit heal or rescue the other, or even having participated in the same chapter together, all add points. Also, in the GBA games, you need 80 points for a support level, while in the RD games it's only 50. It's no surprise then that gaining support levels is easier in RD than back in the GBA games.

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

Been a long time since I read Aversa's supports from buy what I remember she calls Robin a big brother in a more trolling insincere fashion to annoy him than a genuine term of endearment. The point is that they're not really siblings and it bothers Robin.

That is definitely true in the english version, Robin doesn't buy it.

The Japanese version put so little thought into Aversa, there wasn't even any kind of explanation of why Validar kidnapped her. Her having dark blessing all along with a localization addition.

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

Honestly they should have just gone the Yen Fey route for all of them and made them be from The Future Past (except Walhart, make him a risen who just maintains his mind through sheer badass like it's somewhat implied already). That doesn't have any contradictions with the main game and actually expands on the lore of the games original timeline. Best of both worlds.

That would've been much more preferable.

On 2/28/2020 at 9:12 AM, Ottservia said:

I agree with this though Emmeryn would still be dead. Speaking of I wish IS would just characters who are going to die playable with supports cause that would make their deaths hit so much harder. They need to stop chickening out on that honestly.

No major loss.

8 hours ago, Emperor Hardin said:

That is definitely true in the english version, Robin doesn't buy it.

Is it different in the Japanese version then? Because it's kind of like the point of the conversation afaik. And Robin even displays his "Ack! Grr" sprite.

Edited by Jotari

10 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Is it different in the Japanese version then? Because it's kind of like the point of the conversation afaik. And Robin even displays his "Ack! Grr" sprite.

The support was linked back then.

On 2/4/2020 at 4:58 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Robin and Aversa's Japanese supports.

For anyone wanting to do a comparison.

Check it out.

I really like the Soldier/Halberdier/Sentinel class. Having any class be playable is something I've always liked in a Fire Emblem game. Do keep in mind that PoR was my first FE game. Even before I got to the point I could recruit Nephenee in the game, I had been very curious about having a soldier on my side to see how I'd use him/her. Needless to say, I was pretty excited to use Nephenee when I could finally recruit her. 

Another unpopular opinion of mine is preferring if ally units still kept their helmets. Having characters' heads exposed was of those things that seemed cool at first but after a while, I guess my suspension of disbelief just faded. Then again, if I'm not mistaken, in the newer games that have horizontal class change, color palettes aren't differentiated by character so it might actually be the only way to differentiate characters in battle animations. I still remember the no-damage arrows that bounced off of Brom's bare forehead. It would've looked a lot less ridiculous if he had a helmet. Not to mention that helmets can look really good.

Lunatic+ was a brilliant concept that should be explored again in a game with a better design philosophy than Awakening had. The idea of enemies having powerful, completely randomized skills you have to adapt strategies to on the fly, essentially giving the game procedurally generated encounters you can't merely look up the answer to, is an awesome way to test the player's problem-solving skills and to maximize replayability. The skills themselves aren't an issue, and when you get going the game actually becomes surprisingly fun. The real issue is that, in addition to Awakening being fifty seven kinds of broken, Awakening's difficulty curve is absolutely terrible, and chapter 2 is prohibitively punishing and luck-based, making getting a file started an absolute pain. If Fates had come with a Lunatic+ mode, I would have lapped that shit up.

Edited by Alastor15243

1 hour ago, Ingen said:

I really like the Soldier/Halberdier/Sentinel class. Having any class be playable is something I've always liked in a Fire Emblem game. Do keep in mind that PoR was my first FE game. Even before I got to the point I could recruit Nephenee in the game, I had been very curious about having a soldier on my side to see how I'd use him/her. Needless to say, I was pretty excited to use Nephenee when I could finally recruit her. 

Mine too.

Soldier makes sense as a playable class in most games and I believe most FE players love the class from my experience. 

I'm fine with it being absent in some games like Shadow Dragon as its a remake with not a lot of classes anyhow, but something like Awakening not having soldier, but having pointless classes like villager, Griffon Rider, Taguel and such was a very foolish decision. And if dismounting exists, you have to have soldiers as well. 

Thracia 776 not having any soldiers hurt a lot as it meant you had no lance users during the indoor chapters, conversely TearRing Saga including Lionel the soldier was so much more awesome.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Imo soldier.make sense only if mercenary is somehow absent. Otherwise you have two classes whit the same movement type and stat's spread. I am already kinda annoyed that we have both fighter and pirate.

Weapon type imo is not a niche, otherwise we can as well bring back the pointless cavalry classes of Jugdral.

Edited by Flere210

3 minutes ago, Flere210 said:

Imo soldier.make sense only if mercenary is somehow absent. Otherwise you have two classes whit the same movement type and stat's spread. I am already kinda annoyed that we have both fighter and pirate.

Weapon type imo is not a niche, otherwise we can as well bring back the pointless cavalry classes of Jugdral.

Actually an unpopular opinion of mine is that Mercenary and Myrmidon are redundant to have together. Especially when branching promotions exist! 

Soldiers are significantly more defensive then Mercenaries.

Edited by Emperor Hardin