What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was thinking Begnion, in the sense that everyone else but Goldoa seceded from it. Though this is counterbalanced by it still being the continental superpower, it isn't quite past its prime yet. Maybe after RD it is by time of the postcredits scene though.

For all the other declining countries so far, I'm not getting a sense of the decline being a gradual process. Etruria and Grannvale have snappish instances of evil nobles, they didn't give them a real history of the decline of the noble class's virtue. And in Grannvale's case, Manfroy is the puppeteer of almost everything. I want to be able to feel that the decline/demise of Country X didn't happen only because the plot demanded it, I want to feel what once gloriously was, and the forces that slowly undid that, which only happens to be capped off by the events seen in the game.

Manfroy was a puppet master, but he mostly just fed on the greed and ambitions those people already had. The lopt sect didn't turn Reptor into an asshole, he was already an asshole, they just provided a more oppertune environment for him to act like an asshole.

1 hour ago, Strullemia said:

How would Edelgard or (Claude/Seteth for that matter because Hubert informs them) know about TWSITD if they don't have a working relationship of sort? The only reason TWSITD are so easy going with Edelgard is because they believe they created the second Nemesis and can control her which does more or less work out for them in 3/4 routes. In a world where they're not in contact Edelgard or the other lords would never find out about them which would lead to their death.

Did you read my comment at all? Try again.

14 hours ago, Jotari said:

I don't see how so. The incarnation I suggest is still working with them and planning to turn on them. The only difference is they didn't torture her and murder her entire family, which for me would make the working relationship she has with them much more palatable.

The C support is removed. Literally every other line of dialogue (except some flavor text around Hegemon having two crests) remains intact.

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Manfroy was a puppet master, but he mostly just fed on the greed and ambitions those people already had. The lopt sect didn't turn Reptor into an asshole, he was already an asshole, they just provided a more oppertune environment for him to act like an asshole.

Did you read my comment at all? Try again.

The C support is removed. Literally every other line of dialogue (except some flavor text around Hegemon having two crests) remains intact.

And I believe that you can’t just remove the C support without changing both TWSITD and Edelgard. Removing the C support changes the relationship she shares with TWSITD. TSWSITD would have to act differently because she’s not their little experiment anymore which would in turn not open the same doors for Edelgard like killing Cordelia. The story would have to change because the relationship between Edelgard and TWSITD would be unbelievable otherwise. 

15 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

And I believe that you can’t just remove the C support without changing both TWSITD and Edelgard. Removing the C support changes the relationship she shares with TWSITD. TSWSITD would have to act differently because she’s not their little experiment anymore which would in turn not open the same doors for Edelgard like killing Cordelia. The story would have to change because the relationship between Edelgard and TWSITD would be unbelievable otherwise. 

Yes, it would change their relationship, that's the point. It would make it more believable to my eyes.

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yes, it would change their relationship, that's the point. It would make it more believable to my eyes.

Eh I guess we’re going to have to disagree. I don’t like TWSITD but I do like Edelgard’s story and how she rises from an experiment torture victim that saw her own family killed to someone who brings a better future to Fodlan.

Sonya is better than Deen in every way but there's one thing Deen Will never have on Sonya 

RELEVANCE TO THE PLOT!!!

Sonya being Jedah's daughter was a super cool thing just wish she got more supports and had battle quotes against her sisters in the Endgame

Micaiah and Elincia really should have been the lords of RD; Ike was better off supporting and they should totally change that cutscene with Lucia and make it bette/#Make Lucia a badass

I despise Alm with all of my being and soul; they literally made Celica dumb just to make him better and if you think about it if Celica had never went to see Halcyon he would have never gotten his promotion.

Fe4 Gen 2 is great but can be improved upon 

Like have Julius come back to his senses after Loptyr is released from his body and apologize to Julia for killing their mother and being a horrible brother to her

We have a female axe lord all we need is a female lance lord make it happen IS

Change the Tiki Archetype a bit I'm tired of seeing little girls who can turn into gigantic dragons(Except for Fa she is my precious Divine Chicken Dragon and reminds me a lot of Filo, also she one of my Heroes team mains, I wonder did her parents go through the dragons gate but were separated from her?)/ Give us a male Tiki Archetype or A Tiki Archetype Lord 

Because Corrin was handled poorly and literally could be their own character if they weren't avatars like hate twin lords Corrin and Corrina 

We need one S support that makes things canon because I'm tired of shipping wars between who FE characters married.

Like give the lord a love interest and have their relationship be built up in between the story and supports.

And give the other characters a paired ending with someone they either know from their past or meet for the first time and build up their support and relationship.

With Fates and Awakening some S supports kind of felt bland 

Also I don't like Claude x Hilda it's rather boring and extremely basic(oh she's supposed to be my retainer but guess what I love her at the same time)

I do like however Claude x Marianne mainly because of their supports and similar backstories 

Both were hated because of their heritage(Claude due to him being Almyran and Marianne for being descended of "The Beast")

2 hours ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Also I don't like Claude x Hilda it's rather boring and extremely basic(oh she's supposed to be my retainer but guess what I love her at the same time)

Actually, Hilda is never Claude's retainer, in story anyway. As they just meet during the academy while everyone else knew their retainers for many years. She can even leave Claude in BL and SS. Even after the timeskip after they got to know each other for a lot longer she still doesn't call her his retainer or protector or anything like that and in paths where she is a enemy she states that she is fighting not out of loyalty.

Edited by Deathcon
Fixing

6 hours ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

We need one S support that makes things canon because I'm tired of shipping wars between who FE characters married.

Like give the lord a love interest and have their relationship be built up in between the story and supports.

And give the other characters a paired ending with someone they either know from their past or meet for the first time and build up their support and relationship.

That’s kind of how things use to be in ye old GBA days. I don’t like shipping characters (unless in the context of FE4) I like canonical relationships like Gilliam and Syrene, and Colm and Niemi. I wish they would bring them back too.

3 hours ago, Stephano said:

That’s kind of how things use to be in ye old GBA days.

Not quite. It was in the Kaga era games, sans Genealogy, where you had a more rigid system when it came to relationships.

For that matter, I agree. They need to do that again, if only for just one game more. That's not a Kaga game remake, mind.

11 hours ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Fe4 Gen 2 is great but can be improved upon 

Like have Julius come back to his senses after Loptyr is released from his body and apologize to Julia for killing their mother and being a horrible brother to her

Hard disagree on this one. Julius doesn't need to be another Lyon.

Killing Julius needs to be a hard mercy killing because he's completely gone.

Edited by Slumber

10 hours ago, Icelerate said:

I hope that Radiant Dawn isn't going to be remade any time soon. I don't trust Tree Houses to properly translate the game considering how much they screwed up with Edelgard. 

The game already is translated though so for a remake it would ne an easy case of copy and paste.

17 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Not quite. It was in the Kaga era games, sans Genealogy, where you had a more rigid system when it came to relationships.

For that matter, I agree. They need to do that again, if only for just one game more. That's not a Kaga game remake, mind.

Keep dreaming 😞

i has a long conversation about this my brother and we both believe that FE will now forever follow what Three Houses did, which we are both disappointed about. Long gone are the days of simple supports like in FE10, FE4, and GBA. People just like shipping characters for whatever reason. I don’t get it, but it sells I guess.

I personally prefer Sacred Stones' music to Blazing Blade's.

I like GBA supports, but I dislike how you can literally only get them if you deliberately put specific characters next to each other for many chapters/maps in a row.

Also, in the case of an FE4 remake, they need to get rid of the huge maps. I got so bored with the maps that it felt more like a chore to play them since my units were all OP. Maybe the maps get better later on? I couldn't finish even Gen. 1. It severley limits who you can use; for the prologue, I just cheesed it with Sigurd, who is more than a little godlike since he was the only person who could feasibly survive and get to the bottom village in time.

And pursuit doesn't need to be a skill.

On 3/6/2020 at 6:05 AM, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Yeah, I agree; I think the last FE to do this officially was Gaiden/SoV. Arguably, Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance also give their lords love interests. (I'm NOT talking about Ephraim X Eirika! Sheesh.)

On the topic of love interests for lord units, Lyon is the best antagonist in the series.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The game already is translated though so for a remake it would ne an easy case of copy and paste.

Interestingly, the original Japanese version had some Hard-mode exclusive lines that they failed to include in the translation. So even if the JPN script of the remake is the same, they'd want to re-translate it.

Also, not sure I see the point of a remake if all the lines are the same (and there'sno new content to add new lines in). At that point it's basically a remaster. And even a remaster of Tellius would, ideally, be fully voiced, which is a ton of work in its own right.

On 3/6/2020 at 9:05 AM, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

We have a female axe lord all we need is a female lance lord make it happen IS

Yes, please! Although we're still missing a few (female bow-lord, staff-lords, dagger/gauntlet lords).

36 minutes ago, Benice said:

I like GBA supports, but I dislike how you can literally only get them if you deliberately put specific characters next to each other for many chapters/maps in a row.

Not sure this is an "unpopular" one. It's basically the number-one complaint about the support system in the GBA games. Some, like Renault's and FE6 Karel's, are basically impossible to get in a remotely efficient playthrough. 

22 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

(female bow-lord

I mean, Lyn is kinda a bow-lord upon promotion. In a Sacred Stones remake, Eirika should have staves and a decent Mag growth. And their mother should be mentioned at some point.

23 minutes ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Not sure this is an "unpopular" one. It's basically the number-one complaint about the support system in the GBA games. Some, like Renault's and FE6 Karel's, are basically impossible to get in a remotely efficient playthrough. 

In my hacks, I usually mitigate this by giving the supports really high growth so they only take a few turns and it is plausible to attain an a-support without support grinding. I'm just surprised that Int Sys hadn't tried that by FE8.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Also, in the case of an FE4 remake, they need to get rid of the huge maps. I got so bored with the maps that it felt more like a chore to play them since my units were all OP. Maybe the maps get better later on? I couldn't finish even Gen. 1. It severley limits who you can use; for the prologue, I just cheesed it with Sigurd, who is more than a little godlike since he was the only person who could feasibly survive and get to the bottom village in time.

I can completely understand why people would be turned off by large maps, but I believe taking them away would remove the scale that FE4 is going for. FE4 is most enjoyed by people who like micro-managing. In order to use every unit, you have to plan out EVERYTHING in advance which can get very tedious, but it is possible. But I understand your gripes.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

I mean, Lyn is kinda a bow-lord upon promotion. In a Sacred Stones remake, Eirika should have staves and a decent Mag growth. And their mother should be mentioned at some point.

By that same standard, I could say that Lucina is kind of a Lance Lord upon promotion. Although, that could trigger the undying "Is Lucina really a Lord?" argument. Anyway, I think most players most strongly associate Lords with their starting weapon type - like, we don't call Hector a "Sword Lord", even though he gets them after promotion.

Eirika with Staves is... interesting. I'm not firmly for or against it, to be honest. I do like the idea of their mother getting exposition - maybe the "Lunar Brace" Eirika carries can be what the Mother received from Fado upon their betrothal, and vice-versa for Ephraim's "Solar Brace". It's not much, but it's a start.

On 3/7/2020 at 2:05 AM, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Sonya is better than Deen in every way but there's one thing Deen Will never have on Sonya 

RELEVANCE TO THE PLOT!!!

Sonya being Jedah's daughter was a super cool thing just wish she got more supports and had battle quotes against her sisters in the Endgame

Is there anyone who doesn't think that? Deen's even better to kill since he still drops his brave sword for you to use.

18 hours ago, Jotari said:

Is there anyone who doesn't think that? Deen's even better to kill since he still drops his brave sword for you to use.

I find his map easier, too, as Valbar can tank Deen and his Mercenaries. Sonya's witches, you have to worry about warping against you.

17 hours ago, Flere210 said:

I find both to be extras anyway, you have a lot of swordmaster and mages either way and neither deen nor sonia are exceptional.

Sonya actually has a really good spell list, joining with Excalibur and getting Rewarp and Entrap upon promotion. Deen is... just fine, there's not much differentiating physical units in this game.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:05 AM, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Micaiah and Elincia really should have been the lords of RD; Ike was better off supporting and they should totally change that cutscene with Lucia and make it bette/#Make Lucia a badass

Lucia's already a badass, what are you talking about?

On 3/6/2020 at 4:05 AM, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

I despise Alm with all of my being and soul; they literally made Celica dumb just to make him better and if you think about it if Celica had never went to see Halcyon he would have never gotten his promotion.

Please tell us more about the mindset of the guy who wrote Gaiden's story, since you seem to have some exclusive information about it.

13 hours ago, eclipse said:

Lucia's already a badass, what are you talking about?

Please tell us more about the mindset of the guy who wrote Gaiden's story, since you seem to have some exclusive information about it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the 90s, it was a NES video game for a series that hadn't been massively established yet, so whomever it was likely didn't care at all and came up with it in five minutes and we (and myself included as a prime suspect) are probably attributing far more thematic meaning and nuance into it than it deserves. The game doesn't even have a writing credit. It was probably Kaga who came up with the scenario but can't recall any interviews where he ever talks about the game at all. Possible he didn't get serious about Fire Emblem as a story until Mystery of the Emblem. The original nes map for Archanea clearly wasn't made with the latter lore in mind (all the Anri's Way wilderness area is stuff that literally didn't exist before).

Edited by Jotari

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was the 90s, it was a NES video game for a series that hadn't been massively established yet, so whomever it was likely didn't care at all and came up with it in five minutes and we (and myself included as a prime suspect) are probably attributing far more thematic meaning and nuance into it than it deserves. The game doesn't even have a writing credit. It was probably Kaga who came up with the scenario but can't recall any interviews where he ever talks about the game at all. Possible he didn't get serious about Fire Emblem as a story until Mystery of the Emblem. The original nes map for Archanea clearly wasn't made with the latter lore in mind (all the Anri's Way wilderness area is stuff that literally didn't exist before).

More like, storytelling was way different back in that era, along with a lot of other nonsense.

19 hours ago, Jotari said:

I wouldn’t say that necessarily. I feel it’s more like Kaga was overly ambitious for what the nes could handle. There’s no denying Kaga is a major history nerd and that he puts a lot of stock into world building. I think he took gaiden as a story seriously but with how early into his career as it was, I’m betting he was just getting his bearings. Everyone’s gotta start somewhere. He’s certainly improved since from what I know anyway