What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

What is dragon degradation? And when was that last part ever in modern fe?

Dragon when becoming old fall into their instincts, become crazy and want to destroy the world or something

it's pretty much in every FE except Tellius, Sacred Stones and 3H.

So you’re Edelgard scum as well? 😛

Nah i am Team best boi Claude

Between Edel and Rhea dunno really, but i think slightly Rhea

Edited by Father Shrimpas

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Nah i am Team best boi Claude

Oh right

I kind of forget he exists because he’s so perfect, I know few who wouldn’t side with him

1 minute ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Dragon when becoming old fall into their instincts, become crazy and want to destroy the world or something

I mean I’ve seen that to an extent in fe, but never spun about age or instincts fe doesn’t put that much into its villains.

Dragon Degeneration isn't that common, neither is that used when it comes to villains.

In Shadow Dragon your final boss and some of his underlings are Manaketes. Degenerated Dragons don't even show up at all, discounting the Macedonian feral mounts.

Mystery of the Emblem only has them as obstacles, not an antagonistic force. The degenerated Earth Dragons are treated as a threat to prevent being unleashed, but again, they're more a tool the actual villain (Gharnef) wants to exploit.

In Elibe the dragons die, not degenerate.

It's only really Fates and SoV that uses the "Denegerated dragon is a driving force villain" ploy.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

29 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

So this is more a story thing...

Dragon degradation is one of the stupidest things to happen to this franchise. All it leads to is people not being responsible for their actions, or something. 

It would've been much better to focus on living long, loss, betrayal, etc, instead of ''We fall to our instincs and become angryyyyyyy reeeeeeee''.

It's why i consider Rhea to be the only well done ''enemy'' Dragon in the franchise.

Yeah!

And honestly discussing rumors can be pretty fun tbh.

No dragon degregation in Elibe. How do you feel about Yahn and Idoun?

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

No dragon degregation in Elibe. How do you feel about Yahn and Idoun?

Just like how i feel about the Elibe games, and my opinion on them isn't the most positive 😛

Like everything in the Elibe games

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dragon Degeneration isn't that common, neither is that used when it comes to villains.

In Shadow Dragon your final boss and some of his underlings are Manaketes. Degenerated Dragons don't even show up at all, discounting the Macedonian feral mounts.

Mystery of the Emblem only has them as obstacles, not an antagonistic force. The degenerated Earth Dragons are treated as a threat to prevent being unleashed, but again, they're more a tool the actual villain (Gharnef) wants to exploit.

In Elibe the dragons die, not degenerate.

It's only really Fates and SoV that uses the "Denegerated dragon is a driving force villain" ploy.

So correct me if i am wrong, but iirc didn't Naga create the Falchion exactly to fight degenrated dragons?

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

So correct me if i am wrong, but iirc didn't Naga create the Falchion exactly to fight degenrated dragons?

I think it was against dragons in general.

Ultimately, Archanea's dragon problem had always been driven by Manaketes, not the feral ones. In fact, other than the danger of the Earth Dragons being freed, feral dragons seem to be no longer a problem. Specially when you have both the Macedonians and the Northeast Barbarians taming the feral dragons.

4 minutes ago, Father Shrimpas said:

Just like how i feel about the Elibe games, and my opinion on them isn't the most positive 😛

Like everything in the Elibe games

In Shadows of Valentia, yes. IN Mystery of the Embelm it just said that Naga felt pity for the humans who could not defend themselves against dragons. This is in a section talking about the dinve dragon earth dragon war though, so it's just as likely created to protect against earth dragons intentionally killing humans.

Speaking of dragons, can we have an FE that doesn't have an evil cult for once? (Or other similar organizations that are shadowy and evil for no good reason.) That's another one that's an extremely common theme in FE, and it still hasn't been done well.

I think that the only FEs that don't have an evil cult instead have a evil dragon too, which kinda sucks. Tellius doesn't, at the very least.

NEW IDEA!!!! A cult made up of evil dragons! Perfect!

Yeah the whole Evil cult and/or evil dragon (degenaration or otherwise) thing is definetly the worst part of FE storytelling.

As i like to call them ''Story destroying methods of doom''.

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

don't give them ideas 😛 

Wait, does Anankos count? xD

Can a lone dragon count as a cult? xD

3 hours ago, Benice said:

I think that the only FEs that don't have an evil cult instead have a evil dragon too, which kinda sucks. Tellius doesn't, at the very least.

fe6 doesnt have those. well sure idunn is bad dragon, but thats because she must take order and the latest order come from mad king. and jahn is just there for lore dump

if theres no evil cult or evil dragon, how will we satiate and find an excuse in our craving for war for grid turn-based battle 😛

Edited by joevar

4 hours ago, Benice said:

Speaking of dragons, can we have an FE that doesn't have an evil cult for once? (Or other similar organizations that are shadowy and evil for no good reason.) That's another one that's an extremely common theme in FE, and it still hasn't been done well.

Nah, let us play as the evil cult! #ThreeHousesShouldHaveHadAnAgrathanRoute

On 12/23/2020 at 5:45 AM, Father Shrimpas said:

Dragon degradation is one of the stupidest things to happen to this franchise. All it leads to is people not being responsible for their actions, or something. 

It would've been much better to focus on living long, loss, betrayal, etc, instead of ''We fall to our instincs and become angryyyyyyy reeeeeeee''.

It's why i consider Rhea to be the only well done ''enemy'' Dragon in the franchise.

Aren't most dragon villains just evil instead of feral? I can only think of Duma and Anankos as dragons who are merely insane and not responsible for their actions. 

Medeus and Loptyr are evil dragon emperors who want to subjugate humanity, Idunn is just mind controlled and Grima is an evil ''god''. 

Dragon insanity is usually the reason why their civilization collapses but its rarely a significant aspect of the dragon villains themselves. 

58 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Aren't most dragon villains just evil instead of feral? I can only think of Duma and Anankos as dragons who are merely insane and not responsible for their actions. 

Medeus and Loptyr are evil dragon emperors who want to subjugate humanity, Idunn is just mind controlled and Grima is an evil ''god''. 

Dragon insanity is usually the reason why their civilization collapses but its rarely a significant aspect of the dragon villains themselves. 

Technically, the three Random Fire Dragons went feral. But it's also fucking stupid and disconnected from any kind of estabished Elibe lore, so maybe it should just be ignored.

(also, Jahn is BinBla's main villain and Idoun's a bit of a red herring, but that changes literally nothing about your argument ;): )

1 hour ago, ping said:

Technically, the three Random Fire Dragons went feral. But it's also fucking stupid and disconnected from any kind of estabished Elibe lore, so maybe it should just be ignored.

(also, Jahn is BinBla's main villain and Idoun's a bit of a red herring, but that changes literally nothing about your argument ;): )

which three fire dragon? FE7 or FE6?

meh, Jahn is not main villain. he's main lore dump at best. not even unique sprite or battle model compared to generic war dragon. Idunn being regarded as evil despite only doing what she's been told is like saying all mechanical robot is evil just because they are in bad people hands. they dont have free will, nor even understand what free will even is

16 minutes ago, joevar said:

which three fire dragon? FE7 or FE6?

meh, Jahn is not main villain. he's main lore dump at best. not even unique sprite or battle model compared to generic war dragon. Idunn being regarded as evil despite only doing what she's been told is like saying all mechanical robot is evil just because they are in bad people hands. they dont have free will, nor even understand what free will even is

The ones in FE7 that show up out of the dragon's gate. (Ninian kills two of them and you finish off the last one.)

4 minutes ago, Samz707 said:

The ones in FE7 that show up out of the dragon's gate. (Ninian kills two of them and you finish off the last one.)

oh that, i dont think thats something worth considering. basically just dragon who happen to cross gate and find humans that they despise so much they went into battle without second thought. so yeah, its as feral as Tiger who sees you as food material. but not evil, or mad.

Edited by joevar

Ninian and Nils are shown to have quite human like thought. It’s been told to me that they’re half dragon but I’ve played every chapter and gaiden on all three story modes and have no idea where that comes from...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There's also the fact that going feral or mad was never a thing with Elibean dragons.

no, no. feral = mad ? really?

i said, yes its feral like tiger, not because they cant have thoughts, but they already reach a stage words wont satisfy them anymore. but eh. lets just drop it. FE7 not a good continuity lore wise

Edited by joevar

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

no, no. feral = mad ? really?

How did you go from "feral or mad" to "feral = mad"?

Ninian and Nils are shown to have quite human like thought. It’s been told to me that they’re half dragon but I’ve played every chapter and gaiden on all three story modes and have no idea where that comes from...

Really? Did you played the Kishuna gaidens (including HM 19xx)? Since those deal incidentally about their parentage.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

How did you go from "feral or mad" to "feral = mad"?

lol, i dunno. but i guess you understand my point already. they are hostiles toward human not because of those degradation or whatnot

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Really? Did you played the Kishuna gaidens (including HM 19xx)? Since those deal incidentally about their parentage.

Yep. And I remember because killing Kishuna was a pain.

Just now, Sooks said:

Yep. And I remember because killing Kishuna was a pain.

But did you played 19xx? Since that chapter all but outright tells you that:

Spoiler

Nergal is their father. That's why they're half-dragons.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

But did you played 19xx? Since that chapter all but outright tells you that:

Isn’t that the one with that black fog? Where Nergal says he forgot something.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Reveal hidden contents

Nergal is their father. That's why they're half-dragons.

Thank you.