What is your unpopular Fire Emblem opinion?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't care if you're offended because I don't like Camilla's design. I can still keep disliking it.

I'm not offended that you don't like Ike's design. Again, I don't care that you don't like it. I'm telling you that it's hypocritical to tell someone not to dislike something about a character and then go and say you dislike the same thing about another character. It doesn't matter if it's Ike or the Flying Purple People Eater, it's hypocritical to do this.

Ouch, my poor feelings.

Still, the fact is, you didn't seem like you were responding to the topic, that's what struck me. You just came across a blatant and unnecessary hate, and nobody likes that. But I'm not arguing with you over this, I've seen other threads derail like this over opinions and it isn't pretty,

Tata.

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Like it matters in the plot. Because it doesn’t.

“Trash-talks”, heh. Not biased at all.

Did you forget the line where Micaiah says Ike is the "father of Sothe's children?" Sounds like trash talk to me and she's generally annoyed when Sothe talks about Ike. Also, being called out is still being called out.

EDIT: What? Hate for what exactly? Saying Camilla is unnecessary fanservice is unnecessary and blatant hate? Seriously? lol

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Did you forget the line where Micaiah says Sothe is "the father of Ike's children?" Sounds like trash talk to me. Also, being called out is still being called out.

Sorry, I just need to point this out.

That wasn't a jab at Ike, that was Micaiah making fun of Sothe's fanboying over Ike. There's a difference.

Just now, Lautsuu said:

Sorry, I just need to point this out.

That wasn't a jab at Ike, that was Micaiah making fun of Sothe's fanboying over Ike. There's a difference.

Sounded like a jab at both of them to me.

Did you forget the line where Micaiah says Sothe is "the father of Ike's children?" Sounds like trash talk to me. Also, being called out is still being called out.

Sounds like snark regarding Sothe’s affection towards Ike. Nothing ever happens after him being called out, he still goes and continues blundering over and over, everything waived aside because. Shinon is painted as an unrepentant asshole in the wrong anyway.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Sounds like snark regarding Sothe’s affection towards Ike. Nothing ever happens after him being called out, he still goes and continues blundering over and over, everything waived aside because. Shinon is painted as an unrepentant asshole in the wrong anyway.

It's still not the same as actually not being called out at all which is what Azzurhor was claiming.

I'm sorry if I've sounded a little hostile, it's just that I feel like some of these Ike hate posts (not ALL of them mind you, just some, and not even the majority, actually) are trying to tell Ike fans that they should feel bad for liking him at all and that's just not cool. Posts like "looks like saying you like Ike is unpopular now" and "he just HAS to be special because of Smash!" is what I mean.

Just now, Anacybele said:

It's still not the same as actually not being called out at all which is what Azzurhor was claiming.

I'm sorry if I've sounded a little hostile, it's just that I feel like some of these Ike hate posts (not ALL of them mind you, just some, and not even the majority, actually) are trying to tell Ike fans that they should feel bad for liking him at all and that's just not cool. Posts like "looks like saying you like Ike is unpopular now" and "he just HAS to be special because of Smash!" is what I mean.

If getting called out doesn’t lead anywhere, does it even count?

Nah, of course nobody should feel bad for liking anybody. Excessive hype is what should be avoided.
Also it makes sense Smash played a big role in Ike’s popularity. Both Tellius games flopped while Smash was huge.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

If getting called out doesn’t lead anywhere, does it even count?

Nah, of course nobody should feel bad for liking anybody. Excessive hype is what should be avoided.
Also it makes sense Smash played a big role in Ike’s popularity. Both Tellius games flopped while Smash was huge.

Why does it have to lead anywhere? It's still much better than people not bothering to bring up your mistakes or instead make them look like a good thing all the time (looking at you, Awakening and Fates). Also, no, Azzurhor was claiming that Ike doesn't get called out for his mistakes in his games because of Smash making him "special" which makes no damn sense whatsoever. At least, this is what it looked like to me. If I misinterpreted it, my mistake.

Edited by Anacybele

Personally I think Ike being in Snash actually afected the development somehow... I mean; during the Early Development Days where they're still creating the New MC, appears Sakurai asking you for a FE character, and he is also searching a Heavy Blade Character... This looked like a Win-Win deal for Ike even if the future FE game flopped.

This thread will keep coming back until the end of time won't it...

Okay here is one Battle Before Dawn is my unironically one of my favorite map is the series and Blazing Sword/Blade.

Sov/Gaiden's Map design is at least as good as Shadow Dragon's and it was the right decision to keep the maps in the remake as the game would have stopped being Gaiden for better and worse(I believe in faithful remakes). 

SoV has the Better Support system in the series (though I need to sit on this one a bit more).

That's is what I got for now.

Edited by Locke087

Prepare yourselves:

1. Corrin > Robin
  2. Shadows of Valentia is not a good game in any shape or form (can't be bothered to finish it)
  3. These games cannot write a canon couple for it's lords if their lives depended on it
  4. None of the games have writing to write home about
  5. Alm is my least favourite lord because of those stupid puns and "dorky" comments
  6. Felicia > Jakob 
  7. I had a sigh of relief when Robin became the main focus over Chrom
  8. I find the complaining about fan-service designs more abhorrent than any of the designs themselves
  9. As Jeigans goes.. Marcus (FE 6 & 7) isn't anything special

I thought this would be longer

25 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Personally I think Ike being in Snash actually afected the development somehow... I mean; during the Early Development Days where they're still creating the New MC, appears Sakurai asking you for a FE character, and he is also searching a Heavy Blade Character... This looked like a Win-Win deal for Ike even if the future FE game flopped.

Except PoR was finished and out when Sakurai approached IS and IS suggested Ike, like I said.

Radiant Dawn was in development at the same time as Brawl, but since IS and Sakurai's team are two completely different companies where neither affects the other, it's impossible for Ike's treatment in that game to have been affected by Smash. Ike wasn't popular yet either since PoR hadn't sold well and all.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Except PoR was finished and out when Sakurai approached IS and IS suggested Ike, like I said.

Radiant Dawn was in development at the same time as Brawl, but since IS and Sakurai's team are two completely different companies where neither affects the other, it's impossible for Ike's treatment in that game to have been affected by Smash. Ike wasn't popular yet either since PoR hadn't sold well and all.

Well; Sakurai and the IS developers actually talked about the decision to put Ike in Smash... (as I said; during RD Early Development Days) 

And we have the Roy's case (and even other no-FE characters)...  Smash guarantees Popularity and Legacy. 

Edited by Troykv

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

Well; Sakurai and the IS developers actually talked about the decision to put Ike in Smash... 

And we have the Roy's case (and even other no-FE characters)...  Smash guarantees Popularity and Legacy. 

So?

And Roy's case was different, because his game actually WASN'T released yet.

The point is, Ike's appearance in Smash could not have POSSIBLY affected how he was written in PoR or RD.

Edited by Anacybele

So?

And Roy's case was different, because his game actually WASN'T released yet.

The point is, Ike's appearance in Smash could not have POSSIBLY affected how he was written in PoR or RD.

Sure, I don't think it affected PoR; but RD is a different story.

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

Sure, I don't think it affected PoR; but RD is a different story.

Nope. Like I said AGAIN, RD was in development at the same time as Smash and released only a couple months before. Ike still didn't gain his popularity yet.

And Smash doesn't guarantee a whole lot of popularity for everyone. I don't see huge fanbases for characters like Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, ROB, Game & Watch, etc...

Edited by Anacybele

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nope. Like I said AGAIN, RD was in development at the same time as Smash and released only a couple months before. Ike still didn't gain his popularity yet.

And Smash doesn't guarantee a whole lot of popularity for everyone. I don't see huge fanbases for characters like Pokemon Trainer, Ice Climbers, ROB, Game & Watch, etc...

All of those characters have huge fanbases among the Smash community.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

All of those characters have huge fanbases among the Smash community.

lol, no they don't. Almost no one plays as them and almost no one talks about them. Just go online and do vs matches and stuff. I've done so a lot and nobody ever says they play these characters and I'm never pitted against these characters. Why would they be loved by people if they don't even use them?

Edited by Anacybele

lol, no they don't. Almost no one plays as them and almost no one talks about them. Just go online and do vs matches and stuff. I've done so a lot and nobody ever says they play these characters. Why would they be loved by people if they don't even use them?

Well, Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers aren't in Smash 4, so I'm not sure why you're using that as evidence. But I've been on Smashboards and other sites and managed to meet plenty of fans who main them, as well as pro players who use them in tournaments. If all you can reply to that is "lol no", well, I guess that's it for this argument.

1 minute ago, Jave said:

Well, Pokemon Trainer and Ice Climbers aren't in Smash 4, so I'm not sure why you're using that as evidence. But I've been on Smashboards and other sites and managed to meet plenty of fans who main them, as well as pro players who use them in tournaments. If all you can reply to that is "lol no", well, I guess that's it for this argument.

They are in Brawl though and I wasn't only talking about Smash Wii U/3DS anyway. And that's Smashboards, you'll find fans of every character there, no matter the size of their fanbases.

Also, this is off topic, so yes, that's it for this argument.

Edited by Anacybele

They are in Brawl though and I wasn't only talking about Smash Wii U/3DS anyway. And that's Smashboards, you'll find fans of every character there, no matter the size of their fanbases.

You told me to "go online and do vs matches" implying you were talking only about Smash 4. You're just moving the goalposts now.

And of course I'm talking about Smashboards, those are the places you need to go look for fans, just like you won't find any Ike fans outside of places like Smashboards or SF.