So what's your favorite "Minor Unit"?

I have an irrational attachment to Glade's troop from Thracia, and I always have them retreat into the castle when they're supposed to be used as meat shields.

Alva, Eva and Eve get a mention, too, for being named, portraited mooks.

Edited by Slumber

Maggie and Rose from FE6, for starting the "vaguely incestious bandit twin" archetype and being easy, comical bosses on an otherwise difficult level (their hitrates kinda fail against the might of Rutger).

This made me think "Which is your favorite under 18 year old unit?"

Of course Elise doesn't qualify, being technically an adult.

I'm not really sure how minor they'd have to be to qualify, most of my favorites are either playable or are at least semi-prominent villains.

Damian from Port Badon stands out for his battle quote and being able to live up to it (outside of HHM).

Fargus from the same place for being Fargus.

Slique's Dread Fighters bailed me out on my first run SoV run. Better strategy plus Warp+Rescue (Faye went Peg on my first run) made them unnecessary for my second and current run though. I also sought to save as many of Zeke's NPCs in SoV- all the Pallies died, but at least all the Bow Knights made it.

And thank you RD for tossing Physic healers in the Crimea chapters.

Tanith's Lv.1 Falcon Knight. Those stats are just insane, especially on Maniac Mode.

Alternatively every member of Sennet's group in Tear Ring Saga that never becomes playable: Katrina, Temzien, Silva and Reshe. Not counting Neyfa because she doesn't really do anything and not counting Richard because fuck that guy. Seeing them rushing through what seemed like an overwhelming enemy force is quite a sight to behold. Makes you feel like you are suddenly playing an Asterix game. Well, a hypothetical good Asterix game.

Edited by BrightBow

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh yeah I like these guys too.  The Crimean Knights sorely lack an actual healer (I usually use their Part 3 Master Crown to instapromote Calil just so I can have a healer not controlled by AI) and even though their AI makes me facepalm sometimes I genuinely appreciate their presence, far more than the other AI yellow guys.

Edited by Glaceon Sage

I'd probably say the 3-12 Snipers because they prevent you from getting pincered, and can put in work without dying (admittedly, though, they do get a hefty ledge bonus to work with).

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd probably give then credit were it not for artificial stupidity (they have Physic staves, and yet they feel the need to get closer to the frontlines than they should).

Fargus for being a real bro. Also any ally healers or tanky ally generals, ally healers are so helpful and tanky ally generals are great for leveling weak units. Also Lorenz in mystery of the emblem, rip.

I'm kinda weirdly fond of that little Soldier who accompanies Clive and Fernand in the first Rise of the Deliverance DLC map. He may not have a horse or terribly good stats, but dammit, he's gonna do his best anyway.

As far as actual named characters, I don't know how much he counts anymore, since Echoes actually kinda gave him very limited relevance during the Grieth arc, but Atlas is probably one of my favorite characters in Gaiden/Echoes.
I also tend to prefer using Roger as my Knight over Draug in Shadow Dragon, and he's never let me down.
Radd is another more minor character I really like, even knowing that he requires so much favoritism to get going, which... honestly isn't an issue for me most of the time due to the kind of player I am.
I need to actually play more than the first few chapters of Radiant Dawn, but I adore Meg and Fiona's designs, however bad they might be as units. I can definitely see myself giving both of them plenty of favoritism when I do get around to playing the game.

Candace, Tarba, Senno, and Zhara also have pretty neat designs, I think. I wanna try actually using them sometime.

On June 26, 2017 at 4:39 AM, Slumber said:

I have an irrational attachment to Glade's troop from Thracia, and I always have them retreat into the castle when they're supposed to be used as meat shields.

Alva, Eva and Eve get a mention, too, for being named, portraited mooks.

Then why didn't you vote for Glade in the popularity poll! (assuming your not one of the 17 people that did) Poor bloke deserves more love.

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Then why didn't you vote for Glade in the popularity poll! (assuming your not one of the 17 people that did) Poor bloke deserves more love.

Because I care more about Glade's mooks than I do Glade. 

On 7/2/2017 at 9:37 PM, Slumber said:

Because I care more about Glade's mooks than I do Glade. 

Wow. Dude just can't catch a break. Glade is part of Glade Squad too!