FE SOV minimal character editor

Uh, this tool won't give me the rusted lance (sol). When loading back my game, all I get is a blank item spot. Every other item works fine. If possible, may you also add in the rusted ring (mage) into the editor too? This tool is awesome nonetheless. Thanks for making it!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2018 at 5:43 PM, DestroyMagnet said:

Uh, this tool won't give me the rusted lance (sol). When loading back my game, all I get is a blank item spot. Every other item works fine. If possible, may you also add in the rusted ring (mage) into the editor too? This tool is awesome nonetheless. Thanks for making it!

I have the same problem but since I actually had a rusted lance with sol I managed to find the the hex value for it that can be used with the hex editor. The hex value is 02 01 3D 00 00 00 80 43 38 85 7A AC 42 03

• 2 months later...
On 7/1/2018 at 6:54 PM, Eleczoro said:

I have the same problem but since I actually had a rusted lance with sol I managed to find the the hex value for it that can be used with the hex editor. The hex value is 02 01 3D 00 00 00 80 43 38 85 7A AC 42 03

Gee thanks, I didn't know that if anyone was ever gonna reply! I don't suppose you know the hex value for a rusted mage ring? I'm that type of jerk that wants to collect all the different items in the game lol. One more thing, I'm fairly competent with basic 3DS homebrew and using basic non-hex save editors, how do I use the hex code you just gave me along with the FESOV Hexeditor? Thanks again!

5 hours ago, DestroyMagnet said:

On the chapter hex tab, paste it in somewhere. I don't really know the details myself so to play it safe, I looked for the hex of something dumb like a slice of bread or something and replaced it with the rusted sol hex. I first copied pasted it onto Word so I can easier find the hex value for the bread. 

I haven't played it since August though so I'm afraid I'm not sure about the mage ring (I think I might have it though. What spawns it again?). Does the character save editor of this topic we're in not have it?

9 hours ago, Eleczoro said:

On the chapter hex tab, paste it in somewhere. I don't really know the details myself so to play it safe, I looked for the hex of something dumb like a slice of bread or something and replaced it with the rusted sol hex. I first copied pasted it onto Word so I can easier find the hex value for the bread. 

I haven't played it since August though so I'm afraid I'm not sure about the mage ring (I think I might have it though. What spawns it again?). Does the character save editor of this topic we're in not have it?

Nah, its the rusted ring that can be repaired to become a mage ring. It can only be found at the Thabes Labyrinth on B7 and B10, and the odds of finding it is pretty low. It's not available in this character editor. Actually, the only two items missing in this editor ARE the rusted Sol lance and the rusted Mage Ring. 

Edited by DestroyMagnet
The hex editor is actually pretty easy, just cut/paste the chapter hex into Word, Control+F the hex you want to replace, replace it with the hex you want, then cut/paste the hex back to the chapter hex, that's it lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...