Steam Summer Sale 2017

Sentacotus

So its that time of year again with Steam summer sales all around.  Anyone got any plans on what they are getting?  Just window shopping?  Find a great gem hidden in the rough? 

As for me I got:

Nier Automata

Trails in the Sky

Left 4 Dead 2 (2 dollars lol)

To the Moon

5 minutes ago, Slumber said:

So far I've just bought a bunch of Rocksmith DLC. I play too much of that game to spend full price on a lot of that DLC.

Yeah DLC has become insane these days.  I mean I know people need to make money but take Total War for example charging 3-5 for factions that were previously just part of the complete base game in places like Rome I and Medieval II and actual expansion packs were worth the 15-20 dollars paid because they were seperate games in themselves.

I bought:

Final Fantasy 8

Trail in the Sky

Sonic Adventure 2

Sonic Adventure DX

Stick RPG 2: Director's Cut

VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

Wasteland 1

Ys: The Oath in Felghana

That's probably like 50$ of spending right there

Original I was going to buy Civ 5 but I guess that fell through, kek

On 6/26/2017 at 8:56 AM, LordOTaco said:

Yeah DLC has become insane these days.  I mean I know people need to make money but take Total War for example charging 3-5 for factions that were previously just part of the complete base game in places like Rome I and Medieval II and actual expansion packs were worth the 15-20 dollars paid because they were seperate games in themselves.

$3 a song with a DLC library of over 1000 songs in Rockband is just brutal. I already probably bought 60ish songs previously. The $1.79 per song during sales is still bad for my wallet, but I've probably saved over $50 on JUST DLC for the game.

I mean, how am I supposed to live without Creed, Disturbed, Nickelback, Fall Out Boy and Linkin Park?!

Edited by Slumber

I've only gotten Furi and Total War: Rome II Emperor Edition so far. I may pick up another game or two before the Sale ends, but I've been trying to work through my games backlog rather than just add more to it.

Edited by AzureSen

I got the RPG Maker bundle, and so far it was well worth the purchase. The later ones are a bit confusing to use but I'm quickly getting the hang of it!

I bought Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics in a bundle for really cheap. I've tried the 3rd entry in the series several years back but didn't much care for it (WAY to many game breaking bugs for my liking) but I liked the setting so when I saw these games on sale I thought I might as well see if I prefer Interplay's take on the series.

I got final fantasy 9's PC port for 50% off ($10.49 plus tax), and then proceeded to temporarily forget about the rest of the summer sale, because FF9 is really good.  I should note that I have never owned a sony console, so this was my first contact with FF9. I did not have any issues with the port. Notably, controller support was broken in the initial release (unless you pluged in the controller after you turned the game on), but that issue has been fixed by a patch. THis game supports both my 360 controller and my ibuffalo snes usb controller. (which is more than i can say for many steam games with "controller support".)

Edited by sirmola

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, CASE: Animatronics, The Hat Man: Shadow Ward, Sonic Generations Collection and Thief: Deadly Shadows

The Summer Sale is insaaane. Ironically, I originally intended to blow $13 on Orbs for FE Heroes. Turns out Google Play was being a bitch and not taking my money, so I kind of just took this opportunity. Been wanting The Forest for a while, but this is a 2nd or so sale I let it slip in favour of more games for the price (and not exactly quality vs. quantity either).

I picked up XCOM 2 and Salt and Sanctuary.

14 hours ago, The Baroness of Blainswal said:

I bought Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics in a bundle for really cheap. I've tried the 3rd entry in the series several years back but didn't much care for it (WAY to many game breaking bugs for my liking) but I liked the setting so when I saw these games on sale I thought I might as well see if I prefer Interplay's take on the series.

Lol, I can tell you from experience Fallout 1 and 2 have at least as many game breaking bugs. Try looking up some of the massive community patches that are out there.

46 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

I picked up XCOM 2 and Salt and Sanctuary.

Lol, I can tell you from experience Fallout 1 and 2 have at least as many game breaking bugs. Try looking up some of the massive community patches that are out there.

I used fallout fixt. It patches pugs, and makes fallout comptable with modern pcs

I ended up picking up a few more than I intended to; Choice of Robots, Dishonoured, Fate of the World, Impossible Quest, Portal, Reigns, The Witcher 1 (going to try it out, and pick up the other two if I like the gameplay).

1 hour ago, Bandit said:

I ended up picking up a few more than I intended to;

Same here.

I had planned to get Europa Universalis IV for quite some time now, tried out and enjoyed the base game and then dropped like 60€ on most of the half-priced DLC because the base game has a looot of spots where it's obvious that something's missing. I guess it's still worth it considering the time I've spent on it, but the Paradox's DLC policy is still rather questionable. :/

I also bought FFIX because that's a game I really want to replay, resisted the urge to get FFVII, but got overwhelmed when I got an offer for the whole Civ5 package for ~11€. I had planned to skip it and maybe get Civ6 at some point (just not this year because, well, EU4), but I don't regret going back on that plan at all. I've done a quick England game the last two days and got into the game mechanics rather quickly. It's just too bad that the AI is completely and utterly incompetent when it comes to warfare. :D

On 6/29/2017 at 4:32 PM, Slumber said:

$3 a song with a DLC library of over 1000 songs in Rockband is just brutal. I already probably bought 60ish songs previously. The $1.79 per song during sales is still bad for my wallet, but I've probably saved over $50 on JUST DLC for the game.

I mean, how am I supposed to live without Creed, Disturbed, Nickelback, Fall Out Boy and Linkin Park?!

Man that is pretty brutal lol.  The DLC wouldn't bother me as much however, what does is like in total war having to now pay for factions that were just part of the base game to begin with. 

I ended up also getting a few cheap indies to run on my old laptop i figured having something on the go might come in handy down the line.