Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, The Geek said:

I can get on just fine.

Guess it's my end, then.  Or maybe the device it's on.  I've had intermittent issues with this.

Alright folks, anyone who has me as their friend (Orianna is my character's name) can probably drop me since I deleted the game to redownload Heroes instead. Three mobages are a little too much for me, and I sure as hell ain't dropping the JP version of the game.

Good luck NA masters!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Waiting until the 6th to pull, since a certain Caster's rate is up.

You and me both.

Do you think 180 is going to cut it for Salter? I wouldn't mind getting Martha either though since I could fodder her off to level the NP of the one I'm using.

Just now, Legion! said:

You and me both.

Do you think 180 is going to cut it for Salter? I wouldn't mind getting Martha either though since I could fodder her off to level the NP of the one I'm using.

How lucky do you feel?  The 5* drop rates in general are abysmal.  You're far more likely to pull a craft essence, sadly.  But I'll root for you from here~!

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Waiting until the 6th to pull, since a certain Caster's rate is up.

3 hours ago, Legion! said:

You and me both.

Good luck with that.

Thankfully, I already have Waver and people on my friends list already have SAlter and Kintoki, so I don't need to roll on this even though I really want to.

Edited by Mortarion

17 hours ago, Mortarion said:

Good luck with that.

Thankfully, I already have Waver and people on my friends list already have SAlter and Kintoki, so I don't need to roll on this even though I really want to.

B-but I want cute guys~!  Who are useful~!

I'm also in dire need of a better caster.  If Hans is anything like Koujirou, he's going to wilt at the first sign of a critical hit.  Medea feels more niche than general-use.  And I'm not too fond of Gilles.

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I'm also in dire need of a better caster.  If Hans is anything like Koujirou, he's going to wilt at the first sign of a critical hit.  Medea feels more niche than general-use.  And I'm not too fond of Gilles.

I've been using Hans for quite a while now, but I've never had much of an issue with his bulk. Between Target Focus from tanks like d'Eon or Georgios, and the buffs from his NP, he has comparable effectiveness to the Waver / Merlin / Tamamo trifecta, which is great for the majority of players who don't have them.

While Waver does have passive NP gain through his own skills, Medea and Hans differ from the higher-rarity casters in that they have a literal NP-on-demand through Rapid Casting which adds a great deal to their consistency. Medea's Atk is also on the high end of the lower-rarity casters, which offsets the class's innate damage penalty ever so slightly. 

If you want a true gimmick servant, look no further than Jekyll and Hyde

I still want Waver though.

1 minute ago, Legion! said:

I've been using Hans for quite a while now, but I've never had much of an issue with his bulk. Between Target Focus from tanks like d'Eon or Georgios, and the buffs from his NP, he has comparable effectiveness to the Waver / Merlin / Tamamo trifecta, which is great for the majority of players who don't have them.

While Waver does have passive NP gain through his own skills, Medea and Hans differ from the higher-rarity casters in that they have a literal NP-on-demand through Rapid Casting which adds a great deal to their consistency. Medea's Atk is also on the high end of the lower-rarity casters, which offsets the class's innate damage penalty ever so slightly. 

If you want a true gimmick servant, look no further than Jekyll and Hyde

I still want Waver though.

Maybe it's the lack of ascension, but Medea feels like she does squat for damage.  The good news is that her NP gives the finger to buff-happy enemies, which has bailed me from some sticky situations.  While I do have d'Eon, I'm still trying to gather stuff for the next ascension level.  It's painful.  Send help.

Waver's NP thing is really helpful, because Lu Bu/Lancelot don't survive that long otherwise, and a defensive buff + NP charge is amazing.  He's also cute, in more ways than one.

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

B-but I want cute guys~!  Who are useful~!

You're in the wrong game for that. This is a waifu game.

You could go for Shakespeare if you want someone more durable. He's got a self-heal and one turn invuln.

Still, Hans is a really good budget servant. I can tell you right now that raising Waver's level and ascending him is...painful.

26 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

You could go for Shakespeare if you want someone more durable. He's got a self-heal and one turn invuln.

Still, Hans is a really good budget servant. I can tell you right now that raising Waver's level and ascending him is...painful.

"Durable" might be a bit of an overstatement. He has less health than Hans and only a turn of Invincibility and some health on an 8 cooldown.

His other actives, especially Buster up, do make him much better suited to one-turn combos, while Hans is a better choice for extended engagements with his more general buffs.

I'm actually going with Mozart for my second caster later on since I'm planning an Arts team for the future with Robin and Shiki, though.

Gee what am I going to do with all this Void Dust, ugh.

90?!

Edited by Legion!

18 minutes ago, Legion! said:

"Durable" might be a bit of an overstatement. He has less health than Hans and only a turn of Invincibility and some health on an 8 cooldown.

Perhaps, but Hans' 3rd skill gives him a defence debuff, so...

19 minutes ago, Legion! said:

His other actives, especially Buster up, do make him much better suited to one-turn combos, while Hans is a better choice for extended engagements with his more general buffs.

Shakespeare also has a targeted NP charge and Star Gen increase, which would go well with Lancelot who, as a crit-based Berserker, would really like those buffs as well as the Buster increase.

7 hours ago, Mortarion said:

You're in the wrong game for that. This is a waifu game.

ElMyWiA.png

On 9/4/2017 at 3:17 AM, eclipse said:

Maybe it's the lack of ascension, but Medea feels like she does squat for damage.  The good news is that her NP gives the finger to buff-happy enemies, which has bailed me from some sticky situations.  While I do have d'Eon, I'm still trying to gather stuff for the next ascension level.  It's painful.  Send help.

Waver's NP thing is really helpful, because Lu Bu/Lancelot don't survive that long otherwise, and a defensive buff + NP charge is amazing.  He's also cute, in more ways than one.

Medea is S growth, so her good stat gains are between her first ascension to just before final. She will still hit like a wet noodle because she's a Caster and is a 5 star. Her boon is utility. Need that extra Arts card for arts chain to charge another's NP? Tap divine speed chant and add her NP to the chain. Need some buffs dealt with, tap divine speed chant. I just put that skill to level 4 asap in order for it to fully charge NP. Her self heal is more worth while to pump after that. As long as someone one the team can keep defensive buffs flowing, and she doesn't die in 1 hit, that self heal can go alooooong way to keep her around to supply arts cards. She has very high NP charge rate, as befitting her story powers.

And her utility goes up higher once we the Mystic code that lets you swap in servants from backrow. That's when you realise F/GO is really a strange form of CCG in gameplay if you haven't already.

Back in the Japanese version, you lacked daily farming quests at this stage of the game release, so early events was barely done with fairly 'weak' leveled servants and level 50 Jeanne supports were godsend. Medea's damage was thus 'acceptable' since she can go through ascensions using less card exp. Giving us dailies so early really spoils the experience to a degree.

As a personal experience, better to blow your Fous on low rarity servants, especially HP Fous. My Hans ate them all up, now he can live long enough in an arts team to keep the buffs flowing short of random crit.

So how's the event going for everyone? Any luck on Kintoki's banner?

I tried farming Monster Hunting yesteday so I could get the last Caster Gem I needed to rank up one of Waver's skills and got two Heart of the Foreign God drops before I got a single gem. I got it eventually afters about 200 AP though...

After playing for so long, still stuck at level 60 Vlad, 70 Emiya, 50 Tamamo Cat and 40 Hercules. Used up my summoning tickets for no good results :<

Feels bad, but I am spreading my ascensions around to get as much free Quartz for massive rolls when Tamamo Caster is released.