Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Which one? I got 2 Black Grails and a Formal Craft among the 5* CEs, but I also have a maxed Sure Hit (lel), Salter, and some extra Projections. Time to grind for Dragon Fangs.

The new 4* one, which doesn't really excite me.  Would rather pull dupes of my 4* CEs, so I can level them up further.

Maintenance is done, 1/2 AP on free quest is up lads. You know what time it is!

og_base.jpg

I'm stuck in the unenviable situation of needing to farm Talons of Chaos so I can get Carmilla's final ascension. It's gonna be Warframe all over again...

In the coming weeks, I will be switching Lancelot out.  I am missing a ton of a particular monument, which is why said change hasn't happened.

But once it does, I promise that it'll be worth it.

It's been a painful 3/4 days, but I finally got enough Talons for Carmilla's last ascension and Cu's second. Just need two monuments for Cu's third ascension and I'm pretty much done with grinding until Okeanos comes out.

SWEET.

Blackbeard looks like some guy that rolled out of bed or something.  I really want to see how his story plays out.  I also wouldn't mind a few more interludes. . .

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

SWEET.

Blackbeard looks like some guy that rolled out of bed or something.  I really want to see how his story plays out.  I also wouldn't mind a few more interludes. . .

Black Beard's Interlude gives Forbidden Pages once Okeanos comes out. If you want to use him, go right ahead!

We also get Plumes, Horseshoes, Snake Jewels and, most importantly (for me at least), a reliable way of farming Caster Gems.

EDIT: Septem Rate-Up. If you want Nero, Altera or Waver, now's your chance (again)!

http://fate-go.us/news/?category=NEWS&article=%2Fiframe%2F2017%2F0920_septempickupsummon%2F

Edited by Mortarion

19 minutes ago, Mighty V said:

Okeanos can't come by fast enough, I'm tired of fighting hordes of golems and Caesar's fat ass for one crystal per 80 AP

Yeah, now we can fight hordes of Lamias and Amazons for one Snake Jewel/Phoenix Plume per 80 AP and if I'm not mistaken, the Okeanos is the only reliable plume-farming spot in the whole game (at least for awhile).

Edited by Magus of Flowers

On 9/23/2017 at 7:01 PM, Magus of Flowers said:

Yeah, now we can fight hordes of Lamias and Amazons for one Snake Jewel/Phoenix Plume per 80 AP and if I'm not mistaken, the Okeanos is the only reliable plume-farming spot in the whole game (at least for awhile).

I heard that "rare" ascension mats  (like those godforsaken crystals and lanterns) have higher drop rates than in fuyuki/septem/orleans. Is it actually true or confirmation bias?

24 minutes ago, Mighty V said:

I heard that "rare" ascension mats  (like those godforsaken crystals and lanterns) have higher drop rates than in fuyuki/septem/orleans. Is it actually true or confirmation bias?

I'm pretty sure it's true, yeah. Don't quote me on that though.

22 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

I'm pretty sure it's true, yeah. Don't quote me on that though.

Too late. :P:

I know there's some data out there regarding what drops where.  Is there any hard data regarding drop rates for those materials?  For example, "you're three times more likely to get Phoenix Plumes from the free quests" is kind of a moot point if the base drop rate is 0.1%.

45 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Too late. :P:

I know there's some data out there regarding what drops where.  Is there any hard data regarding drop rates for those materials?  For example, "you're three times more likely to get Phoenix Plumes from the free quests" is kind of a moot point if the base drop rate is 0.1%.

I did some searching and found this google doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/view#gid=1623869169

Looks like it varies. Higher AP quests are better for some mats, but not others.

1 hour ago, Magus of Flowers said:

I did some searching and found this google doc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/view#gid=1623869169

Looks like it varies. Higher AP quests are better for some mats, but not others.

@eclipse Are you sure it doesn’t have anything to do with the enemy compositions in each quest? It makes sense that Okeanos would be better for dropping Dragon Fangs when there’s a quest that features only wyverns, for example. Having differing rates for the same item in each quest sounds odd.

On 9/24/2017 at 4:51 PM, MrSmokestack said:

@eclipse Are you sure it doesn’t have anything to do with the enemy compositions in each quest? It makes sense that Okeanos would be better for dropping Dragon Fangs when there’s a quest that features only wyverns, for example. Having differing rates for the same item in each quest sounds odd.

It was just an example.  I can't tell what affects drop rate short of RNG.  What I can say with certainty is that the drop rates generally suck.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

It was just an example.  I can't tell what affects drop rate short of RNG.  What I can say with certainty is that the drop rates generally suck.

The drop rate seems to be affected by level. Also, I'm pretty sure Interludes and Strengthening quests have better drop rates than free quests.

3 minutes ago, Magus of Flowers said:

The drop rate seems to be affected by level. Also, I'm pretty sure Interludes and Strengthening quests have better drop rates than free quests.

The Interludes I've played so far seem to be a one-time only thing, and the strengthening quests. . .I'm, uh, still salty that I get every last boss I don't want to see.  Not that I have any issues with Gilgamesh, but my one and only archer is waiting for something that isn't a figurine.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The Interludes I've played so far seem to be a one-time only thing

True, but sometimes the drops are pretty bitchin'. Scathach's interlude for example guarantees 6 Talons, 5 Teeth, a Scale, and a Monument.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

and the strengthening quests. . .I'm, uh, still salty that I get every last boss I don't want to see.  Not that I have any issues with Gilgamesh, but my one and only archer is waiting for something that isn't a figurine.

Wait for the upgrade. I haven't really done much with the JP version, but the upgraded dailies drop mats a lot more frequently in my experience.

Don your pirate hats and hoist your sails lads, cause Okeanos is live! And another sixteen quartz (and 3 apples) for Scathach to put in my chest along with it.

Edit: Blackbeard just made an over 9000 reference and I feel very conflicted about it