Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hector is alright since he has an NP upgrade, but Diarmuid is definitely at least usable because of having a single target NP that also has a nice bonus of removing buffs. Infinitely better than Cu’s instant kill chance in my opinion.

Single-target NP is useful against tougher enemies, but the entire rest of Diarmuid's kit isn't good for that purpose. Also, the buff removal is only really good in boss battles and challenge content, which he'll get absolutely dumpstered in. Unless you're fighting a female archer or berserker, there's no real reason to use him over other 3* Lancers.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Skurge Nah, double Cu is safer. Unless you NP, Leonidas’s taunt only lasts one turn, so there’s plenty of opportunities for Herc to get hit and take too much damage along the way.

Sure double Evade + Guts gets you extra turns but still.

6 minutes ago, Archer of Red said:

Single-target NP is useful against tougher enemies, but the entire rest of Diarmuid's kit isn't good for that purpose. Also, the buff removal is only really good in boss battles and challenge content, which he'll get absolutely dumpstered in. Unless you're fighting a female archer or berserker, there's no real reason to use him over other 3* Lancers.

I mean there are more females than males in this game so

But yeah I get what you’re saying.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Even if they aren't that many good gold Lancers around (pretty much Scathach and Karna), the class is still very decent because of the lower rarity Servant being really good. Diarmuid isn't totally bad and pretty useable 3* Servant at least until the two other 3* Lancer join the pool (which will take a lot of time).

Riders though ... poor Riders.

46 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Even if they aren't that many good gold Lancers around (pretty much Scathach and Karna), the class is still very decent because of the lower rarity Servant being really good. Diarmuid isn't totally bad and pretty useable 3* Servant at least until the two other 3* Lancer join the pool (which will take a lot of time).

Riders though ... poor Riders.

Eh...not really though. He's a niche servant who doesn't perform well in his designated niche; even assuming you're fighting a female archer/berserker, a 50% attack drop for one turn really isn't that great by itself.

Edited by Archer of Red

5 minutes ago, Archer of Red said:

Eh...not really though. He's a niche servant who doesn't perform well in his designated niche. Even assuming you're fighting a female archer/berserker, a 50% attack drop for one turn really isn't that great by itself.

Compared to what we have now:
- Benkei: Lol, nope. The man is pretty terrible.
- Leonidas: Tank for Buster team. Gets even better in the future.
- Romulus: Meh. Imperial Privilege is a thing but that alone won't really push him enough. Also held back by having an AoE NP.
- Hector: He has not even a single useful skill (Tactics, lol). His NP is decent for an AoE but that alone isn't going to save him.
- Prototype Cu: Obviously better and has a much more defined niche as a beast killer.
- Cu: God of 3* Servants.

Diarmuid falls in there as mediocre, so somewhat useable.
His skill set is mediocre, having an evade and Crit star generation the latter good to have on a Quick-based Servant. Love Spot is pretty terrible, I wouldn't make that his focus though.
His NP has an upgrade which puts him at decent damage. Buff removal is pretty cool but it isn't at the level of usefulness that is Rule Breaker since it isn't spammable. Curse is irrelevant.
So while he doesn't even come close to the Cus and Leonidas in their niche, he still better compared to the rest because he at least has some damage and star generation behind him. That makes him imo better than Romulus and Hector.

26 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Diarmuid falls in there as mediocre, so somewhat useable.

Out of all the servants you listed, the only one I'd put him above is Benkei.

27 minutes ago, Talandar said:

His skill set is mediocre, having an evade and Crit star generation the latter good to have on a Quick-based Servant. Love Spot is pretty terrible, I wouldn't make that his focus though.

Crit generation by itself isn't good enough; his skill set and stats mean he's better off passing off the stars to someone else, and there are a lot of better servants for doing that.

I don't know why you wouldn't make Love Spot his focus, considering that it designates his role as a servant. Between this and Mind's Eye, he's obviously supposed to be tanky, but Love Spot means his tankiness is extremely situational and arguably worse than every other lancer other than Benkei even when it takes effect.

32 minutes ago, Talandar said:

His NP has an upgrade which puts him at decent damage. Buff removal is pretty cool but it isn't at the level of usefulness that is Rule Breaker since it isn't spammable. Curse is irrelevant.

He has the lowest Attack of all the 3* Lancers and no steroids for it, so his damage really isn't that good. Buff removal is only useful in boss fights and challenge content, which he is awful for unless the boss if both female and either an archer or a berserker, and even then you're still almost certainly better of with a different lancer.

37 minutes ago, Talandar said:

So while he doesn't even come close to the Cus and Leonidas in their niche, he still better compared to the rest because he at least has some damage and star generation behind him. That makes him imo better than Romulus and Hector.

Tanking isn't a niche, it's a role. Diarmuid's niche is against female enemies, which makes him extremely situational (and he's not even that good in that niche imo). He can generate stars, but that isn't a good enough justification to use him over the likes of the Cu's or Leonidas, and his damage is a) not that great, considering that he has the lowest attack of all the 3* lancers and no attack steroids and b) not his role on a team, considering his skill set and stats.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Honestly Lancer in general is a good class since they get a hidden bonus to their Atk stat. Although there are more good Archers than Lancers despite the Atk penalty Archers have, ironically enough.

Eh, Lancer is kinda hit and miss; you're either amazing or shit with very little middle ground. Not to mention that a lot of the good lancers fall off hard latter on (Scathach, Karna until his upgrades, ETC).

fuck the archer node.

Burned all my command spells and somehow Cu lasted long enough to kill everything.

hmn what's that heart of the ancient god used for?  Is it an ascension material? Gonna likely buy out horseshoes, gears, pages, and octuplet crystals.

2 minutes ago, Skurge said:

fuck the archer node.

Burned all my command spells and somehow Cu lasted long enough to kill everything.

hmn what's that heart of the ancient god used for?  Is it an ascension material? Gonna likely buy out horseshoes, gears, pages, and octuplet crystals.

Heart of the Ancient God is an ascension material.  David uses it.  It's a pain in the ass to grind normally.

God Hearts are tough to get a hold of, but a lot of strong servants use those for their ascensions: Tamamo no Mae, Heracles, Medea, and David to name a few

I’m going to max out my Cu before attempting the archer node. This is going to suck to beat with my current team.

Easiest node ever. Romulus is like Koji Kabuto - he never dies until he dies in Lava Nobu NP

But seeing an ARCHER

DRAGON

gave me conflicting feeling

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

DO YOU KNOW what a team of Elizabeth Bathory, Romulus, and Cu will do to the archer node?

Yeah, it's not going to be pretty.  I really want to save my command spells for the boss rush, but I also want to do this map.  Send help.

@Archer of Red
While I get your point, I don't understand how Hector or Romulus are better than him (which is the whole reason why I consider Diarmuid to be mediocrity of Lancers). Especially the former since he shares nearly the same problem with him while having an AoE NP instead which makes his damage output even worse.

General question:
Has anyone experience with buying Quartz from EU? In the shop it is converted in € but the payment itself seems to be in Dollars. I don't know if I have to use Paypal or could just use Gift cards. The latter does not to work if you need to exchange currencies, so I'm curious how this works with FGO.

3 minutes ago, Talandar said:

@Archer of Red
While I get your point, I don't understand how Hector or Romulus are better than him (which is the whole reason why I consider Diarmuid to be mediocrity of Lancers). Especially the former since he shares nearly the same problem with him while having an AoE NP instead which makes his damage output even worse.

Because those two at least know what they want to be; Diarmuid is built to be a niche tank, but sacrifices a skill and his NP to also try and do damage, which leaves him in the position of being a worse tank than other comparable units even in his designated niche and failing to be a hybrid Tank/DPS.

Romulus and Hector are built as damage dealers with sustain through heals. Romulus for example, not only has two heals (Natural Body and Imperial Privilege), but he also has a potential 44% increase to both his attack and defence (which, while being tide to RNG decreases it's value, at least contributes something unlike Love Spot C or Knightly Tactics). Not to mention that post-strengthening he gets a Guts and a 30% increase to buster effectiveness.

Hector's damage, meanwhile, is something I think you're underestimating; sure, being an AoE means the numbers won't be great, but it also ignores defence and reduces enemy defence for 3 turns afterwards. Debuff clear and heal helps him sustain, the NP damage up on his first skill isn't great but shouldn't be ignores, and while his 2nd skill is RNG dependent, 80% chance on both an NP charge drain and a Stun is nothing to scoff at.

19 minutes ago, Talandar said:

General question:
Has anyone experience with buying Quartz from EU? In the shop it is converted in € but the payment itself seems to be in Dollars. I don't know if I have to use Paypal or could just use Gift cards. The latter does not to work if you need to exchange currencies, so I'm curious how this works with FGO.

Paypal or Debit/Credit Card is the only way mate; it'll convert the currency automatically, and you already know gift cards bought in your own country won't work.

My mate owed me money and was overseas for my birthday, so because he knew I was planning on whaling for Scathach he bought me a tonne of Google Play cards when he got back. RIP me.

11 minutes ago, Archer of Red said:

Hector's damage, meanwhile, is something I think you're underestimating; sure, being an AoE means the numbers won't be great, but it also ignores defence and reduces enemy defence for 3 turns afterwards. Debuff clear and heal helps him sustain, the NP damage up on his first skill isn't great but shouldn't be ignores, and while his 2nd skill is RNG dependent, 80% chance on both an NP charge drain and a Stun is nothing to scoff at.

He suffers from pretty low attack, however (like he is pretty much next after Diarmuid in terms of attack).
Though I see what you mean now. I guess being something else instead of being a much worse Cu accounts to something.

15 minutes ago, Archer of Red said:

My mate owed me money and was overseas for my birthday, so because he knew I was planning on whaling for Scathach he bought me a tonne of Google Play cards when he got back. RIP me.

My condolences.
Well, time to wip out the old Paypal account and load some money on there.

Well I cleared the reward table, so I guess I just focus on grinding my Hearts and Talons now.

1 hour ago, Talandar said:

My condolences.
Well, time to wip out the old Paypal account and load some money on there.

I'm weighing it up. On one hand, I'd really like to try and go for Scathach, but my mom reads my brother and I's bank statements when they come in and I'm almost certain she'll fight me over it.

Nobunaga dropped another copy of Guda-O. Goddamnit, give me your 10-Hiragumo drop instead! You, too, Dragon! I don't need that many Reverse Scales.

Cleared the shop of Claws and Hearts. Used 3 Apples so far.
But I still have to buy the 14x Eternal Gears and 14x Meteor Horseshoes (skipping Homunculus Babies since I have enough for Hassan and don't need them anymore for ascensions).
If I can spare the apples, I want to farm the remaining Crystals and Dust from the shop since I am now aware just how many and how much my Servants need from both (35 Octuplet Crystals and 56 Void's Dust for Ascensions to be precise).

Fun fact: I'm now at a point that I can drop any specific HP setup; the next Golden Quest would give me enough to reach the 1.5 mio mark. That was much easier than I expected.

Last node is up! And I have no idea how I’m going to beat this

The two big walls come towards the end, with 250k+ Nobu and her 13k Mini chumps guarding the 120k+ Daishouri. My instinct is to have Waver + Hood at the end and hoping for good Mind’s Eye RNG, but only one Cu is definitely not going to cut it without a command seal. Mata Hari is mildly irritating but a welcoming party with Liz and David at a minimum should handle it. I’m at a loss for the rest, though.

Just hit 1.5 million HP. I still have two spare GUDA-O’s after merging five of my copies. Is it even that good as a CE? I don’t think so.

It seems I’m going to have to resign myself to not clearing the shop before the event ends. There’s so little time and too many hiragumo drops to grab, and I only have 19 apples left. I’m not even sure if clearing the Hiragumos and grabbing the crystals from silver is even worth my AP refills anymore, especially with christmas right around the corner.

Honestly to this? I don't stress over not clearing shop. It reruns and by then we'll have better teams. What I do worry about is how much downtime we'll get.

Aniplex said the plan is catching up with Japan. This is good and bad. On one hand, catching up to Japan means we don't have to wait long for favorites like Iskandar, Kiritsugu, Caster Gil, ect to show up. However it's going to mean less downtime to just grind up and level servants.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Last node is up! And I have no idea how I’m going to beat this

The two big walls come towards the end, with 250k+ Nobu and her 13k Mini chumps guarding the 120k+ Daishouri. My instinct is to have Waver + Hood at the end and hoping for good Mind’s Eye RNG, but only one Cu is definitely not going to cut it without a command seal. Mata Hari is mildly irritating but a welcoming party with Liz and David at a minimum should handle it. I’m at a loss for the rest, though.

Just hit 1.5 million HP. I still have two spare GUDA-O’s after merging five of my copies. Is it even that good as a CE? I don’t think so.

It seems I’m going to have to resign myself to not clearing the shop before the event ends. There’s so little time and too many hiragumo drops to grab, and I only have 19 apples left. I’m not even sure if clearing the Hiragumos and grabbing the crystals from silver is even worth my AP refills anymore, especially with christmas right around the corner.

Mata Hari can be Lizd

After that i guess AOE with your Alter during Drake. Hassan can work i guess? Theres only 1 Caster and thats COOL

After that its Nobus. Emiya friend can cheese the backline i guess

So like

Salter(goal is to beat Benkei and or Drake)

Hassan(have Zabaniya on drake)

Liz(Matahari)

Ima Otoge(to beat up Nobu)

Lancer(see above)

Emiya because Archer and AOE for Giant Nobu can solo Okita if needed 

I ended up using Salter / Nobu / Waver / Hood / Cu / David

Of note is that Salter had Halloween Princess and Nobu had Heaven’s Feel. I had a starting NP CE on Cu but he never came into play. The other two were just Buster and Arts up cards.

Apparently I misread and enemy Nobu only has 50k HP instead of nearly five times that much, so Cu would have Gae Bolg’d her into oblivion.

I have a completely maxed Saber Alter—Lv. 80, max Fou’d, and equipped with a maxed Halloween Princess—and between Charisma E, Waver’s Atk buff, the Mystic Code Atk steroid, and Mana Burst, she disintegrated the first wave save for Caesar who she left at like less than 1,000HP

I had some luck keeping Waver alive, and I had to use his NP to stall Drake and Benkei at one point. My Nobu got her NP off before SAIKOU NO COOLU could get his off thankfully.

That left Okita and the other mini Nobu chumps. I still had Hood and David in the back who could easily oneshot her, especially since David’s NP ignores her Evade, but I wanted to speed things up and used a command seal to fill Hood’s NP after Waver died before she could attack.

That was a lot easier than I was expecting, but I’ll stick with grinding the archer node since I can clear that more consistently.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I ended up using Salter / Nobu / Waver / Hood / Cu / David

Of note is that Salter had Halloween Princess and Nobu had Heaven’s Feel. I had a starting NP CE on Cu but he never came into play. The other two were just Buster and Arts up cards.

Apparently I misread and enemy Nobu only has 50k HP instead of nearly five times that much, so Cu would have Gae Bolg’d her into oblivion.

I have a completely maxed Saber Alter—Lv. 80, max Fou’d, and equipped with a maxed Halloween Princess—and between Charisma E, Waver’s Atk buff, the Mystic Code Atk steroid, and Mana Burst, she disintegrated the first wave save for Caesar who she left at like less than 1,000HP

I had some luck keeping Waver alive, and I had to use his NP to stall Drake and Benkei at one point. My Nobu got her NP off before SAIKOU NO COOLU could get his off thankfully.

That left Okita and the other mini Nobu chumps. I still had Hood and David in the back who could easily oneshot her, especially since David’s NP ignores her Evade, but I wanted to speed things up and used a command seal to fill Hood’s NP after Waver died before she could attack.

That was a lot easier than I was expecting, but I’ll stick with grinding the archer node since I can clear that more consistently.

I find the decision between Archer Node and Caster Node pretty hard

On one hand, Caster Node had better drops, which you can farm with Hiragumo to begin with. On the other hand Archer Node drops the unsold Scales.... which Christmas would give 20 anyway