Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Small PSA:
Don't forget to buy the event bags from the Mana Prism shop. Even if you save up for Mona Lisa, 160 Prisms for 2x each Ascension item is a huge bargain and 16 Prisms for 2 Tickets + Golden Apples + other stuff is one of the best investments one can make.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I don't suppose you'd be interested in trading? :P:

Well for GudaGuda, I've got all the Skulls, all the CEs, all the Gears, all the EXP and Fours, all the hearts, quite a few Claws, and I cleared the rewards table. I'm pretty happy with how it went. How are the rest of you doing?

Clearing out pages for Waver skill upgrades >_>

15 pages rip

I rolled Tamamo no Mae from the 5* gacha. Absolute best case scenario for me. I even got Limited/Zero Over but who cares about 5* CE’s?

That brings my GUDA shopping list to:

-4 Crystals

-13 Pages

-12 Horseshoes

-2 God Hearts

That’s 810 chawan and 460 hiragumo with less than two days left to grind them. Tamamo no Mae is best wife though and I will definitely burn every last apple for my first 5*. I am truly blessed by the gacha today.

You know you're getting paranoid if you're re-issueing your Transfer Code just because you pulled your 1st SSR.

Spend 2 more apples to get all the Horseshoes todays, putting me at 5 spent apples for this event. Still have 40 apples in total for Christmas.
The rest of the AP goes for Crystal farming.

Btw. sent out some friend requests based on @Sire's list (which could be added to the OP for accesibility). Current Support lead is Emiya with Guda-O, name is still Ren.

Edited by Talandar

Got Medea Lily, a bunch of 4* CE's, and copies of david and kiyohime.

fuckit, let's see if i can scrounge more. Medea Lily's a healer and I wanted one. Ain't the worst draw. Besides, David seems to be useful with his arts deck and evade negating NP.

fuck I need more horseshoes for Lu Bu's ascension. When the fuck do these things become farmable on a regular basis?

11 minutes ago, Skurge said:

When the fuck do these things become farmable on a regular basis?

Well, they are technically farmable in Okeanos but the drop late is agonizingly low. There will be a free quest in a later story chapter that has much better rates but that will take a long time.
The Rider Node in GudaGuda seems to have a good drop rate as well (I got 3 out of 5 runs). But considering the limited time I wouldn't consider that as a feasible source anymore.

EDIT:
And yes, David is an awesome Support Servant. If he didn't have such a mismatched deck (his NP is Buster and he has 3 Arts cards) he would be the best 3*.

Edited by Talandar

I got Fragments of 2030 on a Summoning Ticket. That aside, the only things I got of note are 2 Fergus and Hector (who is new).

I'll try my luck with the Paid Gacha later today, and I'm tempted to try again on the Scathach focus with the leftover quartz...

7 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Well, they are technically farmable in Okeanos but the drop late is agonizingly low. There will be a free quest in a later story chapter that has much better rates but that will take a long time.
The Rider Node in GudaGuda seems to have a good drop rate as well (I got 3 out of 5 runs). But considering the limited time I wouldn't consider that as a feasible source anymore.

EDIT:
And yes, David is an awesome Support Servant. If he didn't have such a mismatched deck (his NP is Buster and he has 3 Arts cards) he would be the best 3*.

i don't really agree with david for best, Han-

FUCK HES A 2*

uhhh post buff Bedivere and Hozoin. Hes easilly top 3 though

Would the deck thing actually change him that much? I can see it being dumb on Arjuna because he specifically had Mana Burst(HEAT) that only works with 1 card(and Pashupata is terrible for some reason) but on David it kinda allows him to lead a Buster Chain

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

uhhh post buff Bedivere and Hozoin. Hes easilly top 3 though

Would the deck thing actually change him that much? I can see it being dumb on Arjuna because he specifically had Mana Burst(HEAT) that only works with 1 card(and Pashupata is terrible for some reason) but on David it kinda allows him to lead a Buster Chain

NPs don’t benefit from having certain cards start the chain, and to maximize gains you either want to same-type brave chain or full-on NP chain so that’s a moot point

As great as David is, he’s definitely not the best 3* on the whole. He has to put up with Cu and Robin Hood in NA and then Bedivere and Hozoin in JP. 3* archers in general are just good; look at Euryale, Billy the Kid, and Kid Gil.

Hans is the best non-gold though so it’s whatever

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

NPs don’t benefit from having certain cards start the chain, and to maximize gains you either want to same-type brave chain or full-on NP chain so that’s a moot point

As great as David is, he’s definitely not the best 3* on the whole. He has to put up with Cu and Robin Hood in NA and then Bedivere and Hozoin in JP. 3* archers in general are just good; look at Euryale, Billy the Kid, and Kid Gil.

Hans is the best non-gold though so it’s whatever

I mean his NP can be used for the 50% atk boost on the other cards

Just about any buster card can do that though, and he doesn’t have any good debuffs with his NP to make it stand out if you use it like that. Skill Seal is pretty bad.

Triple Arts NP front row works a lot better with triple arts decks since you get more consistent arts chains, unless you are specifically running multiple buster DPS...which is going to have less consistent Arts chains. Or just use Merlin

You people with you healthy income and JOBS. So silly.

I've been slacking hardcore. I'll try to scrounge up shop items from Guda later.

I rolled Medea Lily off a ticket.

26 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

If David got another Buster card instead of Arts, he could Buster Brave Chain with his Evasion-Ignoring NP which would be pretty absurd for a Support-oriented Servant.
To be able to dish out more than respectable damage with the ability to grant party-wide evasion and Charisma buff would make him always a contender to be in any team like Cu.

Servants like Robin Hood or Cu in comparision are self-centered compared to this hypothetical David and focus more on their own damage/survivalability. They don't have anything to contribute to the team aside from that while this David could be both a DD and Support at a decent level.

Of course the current David is offensively screwed due to this mismatched deck which makes him more valuable as a Support due to having the 3 Arts cards to create more Arts chain in a team for NP build up and his buffs.

EDIT:
Also stats-wise David is pretty well optimized. He has the 2nd highest Atk of any 3* Servant (Nr.1 is Lu Bu) and pays it for relatively low HP which isn't that bad with his kit in mind.

Edited by Talandar

3 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Servants like Robin Hood or Cu in comparision are self-centered compared to this hypothetical David and focus more on their own damage/survivalability. They don't have anything to contribute to the team aside from that while this David would do both at a decent level.

Eh. I don’t rate servants based on how many things they can do, but how good they are at what they do.

If Robin Hood oneshots the boss after being roided with Fox Wedding, Waver buffs, and a Mystic Code steroid, I don’t care if he contributed absolutely nothing else to the quest. He did his job.

Now if he didn’t, we would have a problem. But he does.

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If Robin Hood oneshots the boss after being roided with Fox Wedding, Waver buffs, and a Mystic Code steroid, I don’t care if he contributed absolutely nothing else to the quest. He did his job.

Thing is, Robin Hood and Cu are good because they can do their job regardless of the team, they are in.
Cu is simple; slap him at the last spot and let him solo whatever is left.
Robin Hood obviously works well in Arts teams due to their ability to quickly recharge his NPs ... or just slap him in any team with Kaleidoscope and let him snipe a boss with Yew Bow (I don't think he needs the Arts Boost from Tamamo or Mozart to deal game-ending damage). If he lacked something in his current kit (like the ability to poison) he would be definetly fall off in favor because of the added inflexibility. He has nothing to offer outside of his NP after all (bad stats, bread&butter skills).

So it is either being really good in one job without help or being able to add a lot of things in a decent manner. David right now is just decent as a Support, which makes him slightly inferior to Cu or Robin. But I would attribute that to his awful deck, otherwise he would be at least on par with them.

Edited by Talandar

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

fuck you guys and your overly specific unit assessment criteria that disallows me to say Siegfried is good

I mean with Georgios Siegfried is pretty good.

Some of you guys really need some RL instead of getting all the EXP, Ascension Materials and Fous.

To discuss something more or less controversial, I made myself a 'Friend Points f2P Tier List' for FGO based on my experiences and theorycrafting on the US version. That means no Strengthening Quests are included for now and it is limited up to 3* Servants (which are more or less accessible for everyone without using Saint Quartz).

I want to share this one since a lot of beginners, who are new to Fate, don't have real guidance.
In general FGO is kind enough to allow you to pick your favorites and be able to clear the content without much difficulty. However without any roots to the franchise it's obviously better to choose Servants that allow you to go through the game more smoothly and bond with your Servants that way.
So anyways, here's the list and have fun scratching your head off from my twisted logic:

Spoiler

There is no particular order within tiers.

S:
- Robin Hood
- Cu Chulainn (Fate Stay Night)
- Hans Christian Andersen
These Servants are the best of their kind. All 3 of them can fit in any team and will bring great results.
Hans is the best budget support despite the random factor attached to him. Thanks to his skill he can fire his NP off the first turn to buff the entire team which is a great boon for any team.
Cu can always be included as back-up Servant and excels to fix unpleasant situations. He is nigh indestrucible thanks to his broken Evade and even has an additional Guts skill. His NP deals decent damage with a defense debuff + instant kill chance, complimenting Cu's role very nicely.
Robin Hood makes the cut to S despite kinda needing a team that helps him to build up his NP gauge. He pretty much functions as a 1-time nuke outside of Arts Team and cannot contribute much otherwise due to his bad stat distribution and mediocre skills. However that NP damage is so absurdly high that it justifies his place and he is borderline broken in a dedicated team.

A:
- Mash
- Caesar
- Euryale
- David
- Arash
- Cu Chulainn (Prototype)
- Leonidas
- Ushiwakamaru
- St. George
- Medea
- Hassan of the Cursed Arm
- Lu Bu
This tier includes mostly Servants that are either very good in specific compositions, can provide good support or have defined roles that cannot be copied by other Servants. They do have some flaws but they aren't that detrimental to make these Servants less desireable.
I wanted to push Mash to S-Tier but due to her low level cap she really isn't anything but A-Tier material for now. She is free for any team but she is too weak for high-level content and still lacks her Taunt skill to make her shine as a tank.
Caesar and Ushiwakamaru have the skill Charisma and feature a decent ST NP for solid damage output. Unfortunately they are both Quick-based which limits their damage potential somewhat.
David is an even better Support Servant with his party-wide Evade skill but suffers from a mismatched deck, reducing his damage potential.
Euryale will be an essential Servant later on due to her role as male counter. She deals tons of damage against male enemies and will trivialize a lot of the toughest boss fights in the game, which earns her place in the A-Tier.
Arash is known for his role as a suicide bomber. While that may sound like that you have to fight with 5 Servants instead of 6 this makes him universally useable in any team that wants to have a quick wave clear and being a 1* Servant makes him incredibly cheap. He has incredible AoE damage and can shine against multiple Saber Servants who will get destroyed by him.
Proto Cu functions similarly to his original counterpart, trading some of the legendary endurance for the ability to kill Beast-type enemies like the dreaded Chimeras. It makes him more situational but he is still a solid Lancer even outside of that role and can perform just as well as the original Cu as a backup Servant.
Leonidas and St. George are the best tanks you can get at the moment. Both have Taunt and Guts which are essential for their role. The difference between them lies within their deck and the way how they incorporate the Taunt effect. St. George is more suited for Arts team and has his Taunt right away for 3 turns. Leonidas in the other hand is better for Buster Teams but relies on his NP for the Taunt and his Taunt skill last only 1 turn.
Medea is an unique Servant that can spam a weak ST NP that can remove buffs. That makes her incredible useful for fights in which Servants tend to spam Invulnerability, Evade or other multiple buffs which become more common later on.
When it comes to Star generation, CA Hassan is probably the best battery you can get. Similar to Cu he has a broken dodge and his entire kit is designed to generate critical stars. While he has a ST NP he is held back by his low stats and he has no way to really use the stars for himself.
Lu Bu is often dubbed as discount Heracles. He has the highest attack of any 3* Servant and features a Buster deck with a ST Buster NP. On top of that he can buff his attack with his Valor skill, futher increasing his impressive offensive. However, he is quite frail outside of his defense buff which is detrimental to his damage output and doesn't have an Evade or Guts skill to compensate his lack of durability.

B:
- Fergus
- Hector
- Medusa
- Alexander
- Edward Teach
- Cu Chulainn (Caster)
- Mozart
- Jing Ke
- Sasaki Kojirou
- Kiyohime
- Asterios
B-Tier contains all the above-average to mediocre stuff. They are all solid picks and have some niches that can make them shine but will have some flaws attached to them.
Fergus is a Saber that copied Lu Bu and learned a thing or two about survival. That makes him useful for Buster teams and he will function decently enough in them. However he lacks the raw damage output of the Berserker class compared to Lu Bu and compared to Caesar he is very selfish outside of his NP.
Hector has an unimpressive skill set but compensates that for a decent AoE NP that can apply a defense debuff. He is able to Buster Brave Chain with NP which makes him useful against multiple Archers.
Medusa and Alexander have AoE NPs that allows them to clear a wave with relatively ease. There is really no big difference between them though Medusa has a slight edge over Alexander if you are picky enough.
Blackbeard can be even better in that role due being Buster-based and featuring several attack buffs to bolster his damage output. However he has lower stats due to being a 2*.
Caster Cu profits from his broken Evade skill. However he is unimpressive on the offensive. He has a mismatched deck and an AoE-NP, reducing his viability in boss fights. Despite posessing a Crit boost he cannot utilize it properly without help due to his low star generation and star weight. While this is mitigated somewhat by his passives, it makes Caster Cu rather mediocre overall until his Strengthening Quest is released.
Mozart has one clear role; being useful in Arts teams. His deck is Arts-based, his Arts NP applies solid debuffs and his skill boosts the Arts cards of your team (imagine Robin Hood with that sweet damage). Outside of that he is pretty much a 1* Servant, so he suffers from bad stats.
Jing Ke has good offensive stats for an Assassin and even has a ST NP. But suffers from low hit counts which limits her ability to generate stars. While she can increase her own star weight she cannot boost to her critical damage and being a Quick-based Servant limits her damage output.
Kojirou is the Savior of France. Pretty much 10/10 in Orleans then falls off due to his low stats as a 1* Servant. However his entire kit is very useable which makes him a good cheap pick if you need an Assassin.
Kiyohime is a Berserker that provides an AoE NP with an added stun effect. Due to her class this makes her a very effective wave clearer. Outside of that she features really weird stats, making her less useful for boss fights.
Asterios is a quite unique Berserker since his NP provides debuffs on enemies which lasts a good amount of time. He has decent damage outside of that, his skills and class giving him the edge he needs despite being a 1*.

C:
- Diarmuid
- Romulus
- Boudica
- Mephistopheles
- Shakespeare
- Charles-Henri Sanson
- Mata Hari
- Darius
- Caligula
- Eric Bloodaxe
- Spartacus
Servants from this tier range from just medicore to below-average. They aren't that good and there are alternatives in the higher tiers that will perform better.
Romulus and Diarmuid are pretty unimpressive and outclassed by the Cus, especially the latter. Unless you like them there is no reason to use them over the best dogs.
Boudica is plagued by bad stats and only provides defensive buffs with her NP which isn't good enough for a Support-oriented Servant. She will get better though after her Strengthening Quest.
Mephisto has a mismatched deck, a skill set that is all over the place and really bad stats. He really doesn't know what he wants to be and there are a myriad of better choices among the Caster class.
Shakespeare has a Buster buff which can be useful but he is kinda useless outside of that. Like Boudica he will see some improvements later down the line, becoming a better Support for Buster teams.
Mata Hari and Sanson can excel in very specific situations. Outside of that they are not really good and Kojiro or Hassan are much better choices for your Assassin.
Darius, Eric and Spartacus can be used to clear waves if you don't want to use Arash or Kiyohime for some reason. They try to be tanky which really doesn't work that well for Berserkers who always receive effective damage.
Caligula is an unreliable Servant but has a lot of damage potential. All of his skills give an massive damage increase but Imperial Privilege is ever so unreliable and Sadist gives him a Defense debuff which can be fatal for a fragile Berserker. His NP is utterly useless as well.

D:
- Gilles (Saber)
- Benkei
- The Phantom of the Opera
These are the worst Servants in the game. Unless you have masochismic tendencies, avoid these at all costs.

Edited by Talandar
Was too harsh on Caligula's position.