Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used St George, Vlad, Hans, and Gil as my core team as I switched out servants with Salter, Santa Alter, EMIYA, David, Caesar, Caster!Liz, Liz, and Cu when the occasion called for it.
For supports, I brought in the normal Mordred they gave ya in the chapter, a grailed Herc that a friend of mine has, a Waver (detailed below for strats), Tamamo like twice, and Scathach to deal with Tesla both times.

My goal this singularity was to trash every boss as a sort of cathartic vengeance for the previous 4 singularities. I had Shakespeare/Mozart for their Buster/Arts buff equipped with a taunt CE (the one from the Halloween event), a support Waver to get turn 1 NP, and my nuker (Robin Hood, and Santa Alter mostly. Sumanai showed up for that one fight where he's useful), with David w/Formal Craft, Caesar w/Gandr, and whomever I brought in for BOND POINTS in the backline.
After I'd buff with Mozart/Shakespeare, I'd switch em out with Caesar and buff the shit out of the the nuker. Then, I had em NP. And it worked mostly. (I mean I 3-4 turned the final boss of the singularity, which was fun)

The boss Sumanai was useful for was fun - I 3 turned them.

I basically used the Combat Uniform Mystic Code for the entirety of this Singularity. I got it to halfway or so to lvl 2 which is nice.
Those Mystic Codes are gonna take fucking forever...

Spoilers for le plot (nothing beyond this singularity though):

Spoiler

This is where the writing really starts to get juicy. I fucking love all the servants showcased here - even if it was only for a couple of screens.
Mordred's really fucking chill (for her standards) and it was a blast just seeing her do shit. Like being the best senpai and getting Mash to her 2nd ascension and to have her get her taunt skill. 
Hans was a particular standout for me here like he was in CCC (or what I could read at the time). I love the author duo of Shakespeare + Hans tbh.
I was expecting Jekyll to turn out to be a servant (bad memory on my part lol) but when it turned out he wasn't I was like "cool w/e". They played up that mystery aspect quite a bit, and combined with this being the half point of Part 1, it wasn't too surprising to see the big man himself make an appearance and I could go on and on about him - but I'll save that for another time.
I was half expecting for "servants being summoned by the grailed power fog" to fuck us over at some point and it did in Artoria Lancer (iirc Kintoki was brought over by the lightning emitted by Tesla, and Tamamo like Darius did with Shotaxander hitched up a ride with Kintoki in the summoning.)
The last act felt more fast-paced than any of the other parts of the singularity. But, considering the stakes at that point, to me it made sense here - seeing as Zolgen pulled a fast one on us, and using the very summoning chant he taught to Kariya years later summoned Nikola Tesla.

We here about how good Zouken was in his prime, but to see his prowess in action during this singularity (the fog was his scheme after all) was a joy for me.
TL;DR good read DW. I have a lot more to say (mainly on the parallel that Tesla has with his fellow Pioneer of The Stars, Drake. But, kinda lazy atm.

Mostly scattered thoughts b/c im lazy but some of my thoughts nonetheless

Pulled the Zouken CE from weekly Ticket. Considering this is one of the worst 5* CEs I'm not exactly amused.

Farmed the Mage Association and Plugsuit first, now I started with London and got to Mash's 2nd Ascension (lvl.60 cap is nice).
My team consists of:
- Leonidas (max. Ascension + 1 grail; ... why the grail? I hated the bronze border on his card ... what, that's a legimate reason for grailing, right?)
- Heracles (max. Ascension, lvl.75)
- Support Mordred
- Scathach (3rd Ascension)
- Cu Chulainn (3rd Ascension)
- Emiya (3rd Ascension) (pretty much there for Bond points, nothing more)

For now, nothing got to Cu so I'm doing well.

@Skurge

Spoiler

A chaotic mess indeed. As our heroes try to get to him they keep getting interuppted by THESE FUCKING BOOKS. As that happens, Tesla inadvertently manages to get Kintoki and Tamamo summon and they basically help him stall for time (he doesn't wanna destroy humanity after all) until Mordred drags Clarent through him as he fires his NP and Gudao/Gudako almost get hurt by it each time. It'd be hella wild dude.

@N30

I love the little characterization between the servants, giving it more of a fun comic relief feel.

Well, that's until "that" reveal happens and you see them all get mowed down like mooks.

If that was in an anime episode, people would probably go apeshit.

man I kinda sorta wish they used Allan Quatermain, but that'd be asking for too much.

Edited by Skurge

@Talandar

Queen's Bounty :p

Jack's interlude is such a pain in the ass. Casters aren't exactly the best at damage dealing.

Tamacat hit 3rd ascension. Can't get lanterns for Tamamo's third ascension because the drop rate outside of assassin daily is ass.

d'Eon hit 3rd ascension. May as well hit final ascension sometime soon. I'm gonna want that tankiness soon enough.

Caesar wants gears, as does Jack. People want pages, people want babies.

the mage association suit is fun to use with tamamo+support lancelot. that instant NP gauge gain is fun. also breaks the game in half if I use support drake on casters.

@QKumber Looks like you reached your friend limit. Either way, I updated the Friend List thingy!

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs (NA)

Spoiler

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know!

[UPDATE - December 22th, 2017]
-- Qkumber has been added under "Friend's List Capped."

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
TheInternetExplorer - 334,836,880 (Hentai)
Sophie - 171,602,417 (Deichtine)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
EmeraldFox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)
Talandar - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Skurge - 356,589,556 (Sharps)
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)

Inactive Members
Jedi - 212,096,402
Yuki - 052,549,303
Midori Mage - 147,339,240
Rapier - 420,218,475
Ebony (old account) - 202,919,556
Ebony (alt account) - 846,260,209 
Sophie (new account) - 422,345,842 (Sophia)

welp Mashu gets her taunt and lvl 60 cap this chapter.

Now I feel dumb for worrying and ascending STG and Leonidas.

time to farm for exp cards. Gotta get tamamo more caster exp and feed mashu the archer cards. (I'm not too worried about robin or nobu right now.)

man i wish the Salter event happened right now. I actually have free time.

guys when does Ushi get her evade skill added? I'm a little reluctant to use her as my STP rider since she's squishy.

Leonidas was really fun to use against Tesla. He spent five turns attacking Leonidas exclusively while Cu Gae Bolg’d him to death.

I got a ticket and gave in temptation to use it. Got Paracelsus though who is all I really wanted to get. Now to save tickets for real this time.

You know while everyone is hyping up Plugsuit ive been REALLY enjoying Atlas

Such a versatile Code. For solo its obviously great and for teamplay it got everything with the right servant. Protection with Invul, 2 turn CD allows you to get 6 consecutive turn buff up with the right servant. Only the debuff cleanse somewhat meh but the 2 other skills is already so good

The NP fill code need level to be great imo

Plugsuit is nice but it kinda lacks defensive skills and Party ATK buff isnt that good. Maximizing its use means requiring NP chain and thats too inconvenient when you want to use segmented NP

Order Change has the highest ceiling out of the skills on the plugsuit. You can whip out David, a taunt tank, or another buffing unit on the fly which is great for challenge content. While cooldowns don’t drop while a unit is in the backline, any buffs they have won’t expire during that time either.

It’s just such a flexible skill that it’s hard to find something that compares to it. Eye of Medjed and Mana Transfer come close but not quite.