Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

38 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Essentially making d'Eon kinda the second worst starter roll pick, right on top of stheno. 

I'm right here you know. Me and my Bond 9 d'Eon are very disappointed.

A 4* Caster that was easy to obtain would break the game pretty easily, which is why they're not that common until later on.

EDIT: Meanwhile in JP Land

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

A 4* Caster that was easy to obtain would break the game pretty easily, which is why they're not that common until later on.

Watching Honako trying to teach his friend how to solo that thing with Cu is comedy gold

Also the whole 4* Caster argument didn't fly because Heracles of all things is there

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

hey I had d'Eon too but seriously.

wait Fion's in the JP starter roll?

oh lord, when america gets released and we all get see more people try FGO. I can see the frustration they have using Fion. Like imagine getting a hero that's central to an entire mythological cycle and realizing he's shitty as fuck. Like I'd rather Diarmud/Hector/Roma isntead of this fucker. 

a 4 star caster would probably make the shitload of assassins easy to deal with, but make orleans hell on wheels.

(Does anyone use stheno for orleans? i can't see her being very good, even in orleans early on as a 4 star. I used REGEND/Hassan/Jing Ke at that point.)

Is assassin kiritsugu any good? 

Edited by Czarpy

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

hey I had d'Eon too but seriously.

wait Fion's in the JP starter roll?

oh lord, when america gets released and we all get see more people try FGO. I can see the frustration they have using Fion.

Uhh no, the America starter update is already in NA we started with it

NA basically have Babylonia's update on release

Starter pool only exists to pick up Herc, scrubs.

35 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

NP Seal is just an oddly specific debuff compared to something like a stun that keeps the enemy from doing anything, period. It's an alright skill but I find myself thinking it could do more, like clear enemy buffs.

Stun is most times unreliable and the Servant that have them have awful skills besides that one (except BB).
Considering that, NP Seal is pretty much best thing after it (no, we don't talk about Charm) since every enemy has an NP gauge that you don't want them to fill. It is especially useful against Servants with NP generation skills (I'm looking at you, Tesla).

Eh, suit yourself with Tamamo Lancer (Casko is superior anyway).

---

So, how's everyone's progress so far? I just realized that I need to farm ~19500 Chocolate (10.500 for Mana Prisms) and I'm only done with Valentine Chocolate, Crystals and Gold EXP.

Btw. anyone wants to burn Shakespeare on a stake with me?

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Uhh no, the America starter update is already in NA we started with it

NA basically have Babylonia's update on release

so the starter gacha doesn't get any more 4 stars added to it huh.

well that sucks

then again getting something like rama/nursery rhyme in your starter roll would make things waaayyy too easy. Hell, Herc probably makes the game a joke for anyone who does rpgs.

-Saber dailies have horseshoes, so there goes an apple

-Caster dailies give pages, so there goes an apple

-Assassin dailies give gears, and those ain't in the shop, so there goes an apple.

-Octuplet crystals are in the berserker rate-up (look i flubbed the words and meant rate-up instead of dailies) 

@Zeratul  or to pick up your waifu.

Spoiler

In the lost belt speculation, I heard somewhere that Kirei is actually a Rasputin pseudoservant.

When it hits NA, I will love reaming his ass with Emiya.

Edited by Czarpy

20 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also the whole 4* Caster argument didn't fly because Heracles of all things is there

JP balancing was really weird back in the day. Like, AOE NPs were overrated over STNP, which held up for a while since waveclearing was priority one when F/GO first started, but then we started getting singular high-HP bosses.

That and Buster spam was the dominant strategy because there wasn't that much support for other card types until Shishou and Tamamo came along.

13 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Stun is most times unreliable and the Servant that have them have awful skills besides that one (except BB).
Considering that, NP Seal is pretty much best thing after it (no, we don't talk about Charm) since every enemy has an NP gauge that you don't want them to fill. It is especially useful against Servants with NP generation skills (I'm looking at you, Tesla).

Doesn't NP Seal behave like other debuffs in that the default hitrate is 100%? That's where Stun and Charm suffer though Magic Resist makes all debuffs unreliable to an extent.

Eh, suit yourself with Tamamo Lancer (Casko is superior anyway).

I am a simple man I see Tamamo I like

Like my tier list is

EX

• Saberface
S

• Tamamo

E

• Everyone else

Hopefully there is never a Tamamo Alter because that would break my meta.

So, how's everyone's progress so far? I just realized that I need to farm ~19500 Chocolate (10.500 for Mana Prisms) and I'm only done with Valentine Chocolate, Crystals and Gold EXP.

Btw. anyone wants to burn Shakespeare on a stake with me?

I've cleared out Pages but I'm sitting on 4k chocolates to get all the Mana Prisms first before anything else. I'll do some more grinding later because I need Horseshoes for Medusa.

Brush your teeth! Cavities are bad for you! Eat chocolate responsibly.

Edited by MrSmokestack

21 minutes ago, QKumber said:

they were not thinking

Melty CE is niche but very good at it

sure  makes mashu/leonidas/georgios/d'Eon have an easier time given certain enemies. It's more fun on Vlad though.

man I can wait for kid gil. another good archer but with A+ charisma, sign me right up.

David+Kid Gil+NOBU equals lots and lots of dead hands in the future.

do we ever get a decent offensive 3* lancer?

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

sure  makes mashu/leonidas/georgios/d'Eon have an easier time given certain enemies. It's more fun on Vlad though.

man I can wait for kid gil. another good archer but with A+ charisma, sign me right up.

David+Kid Gil+NOBU equals lots and lots of dead hands in the future.

Taiga

who is a story lock filth

5 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Taiga

who is a story lock filth

december babylon banner. :/

I'll be rolling for her then. ALongside caster gil who I've heard lots of good things about.

can anyone give me the rundown on the upcoming 3 stars this year? I kinda wanna prepare the exp cards on the side once I get alex/medusa/georgios/leonidas/hans/Jing to  FA, which is gonna be within the week. 

Vlad/Bryn/Emiya/etc will get to FA soon anyways. I'll just stash the mats for them.

Edited by Czarpy

Max ascended Medusa with the Horseshoes from the rate up. I’ll need to level her and Mozart after the event is over.

I miss using Robin Hood to one-hit overkill Sabers. With Nobu I can run a full bonus team without the need for fancy starting NP CEs.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

JP balancing was really weird back in the day. Like, AOE NPs were overrated over STNP, which held up for a while since waveclearing was priority one when F/GO first started, but then we started getting singular high-HP bosses.

That and Buster spam was the dominant strategy because there wasn't that much support for other card types until Shishou and Tamamo came along.

You know what i find funny about Buster Spam?

People blames solely Merlin for it being a thing. 

instead of.... you know, Quick having a unit pool so fucking bad at anything that isn't NP oriented

Seriously take a look at critical servants, not even ones released after Merlin, and notice how little Quick actually had in higher ranks and thats supposed to be their main thing. Most of Quick servants are really NP user

5 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Taiga and eventually Hozoin. Taigas more consistent, Hozoin is THE master of solos.

1 minute ago, Ebony said:

Taiga and eventually Hozoin. Taigas more consistent, Hozoin is THE master of solos.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You know what i find funny about Buster Spam?

People blames solely Merlin for it being a thing. 

instead of.... you know, Quick having a unit pool so fucking bad at anything that isn't NP oriented

Seriously take a look at critical servants, not even ones released after Merlin, and notice how little Quick actually had in higher ranks and thats supposed to be their main thing. Most of Quick servants are really NP user

yeah

Like if you look at the quick based servants, many of them are assassins/riders/lancers and then caesar/atalante

-Hassan has good stargen, but Jing Ke doesn't and idk about Regend/Mata Hari. He might have decent stargen but eh idk. And who uses Sanson/Phantom for stargen?

-Alexander has a good quick based NP with crit star gen and a future quick support. Oh and charisma

-Caesar has a stargen np and good support skills.

-Medusa has a quick NP, but aside from that idk if she's a real quick based character.

-Idk much about Anne/Mary, but they rely on crit star generation. 

-Shishou is a crit based-quick servant with a quick support skill. But then she's NOT who I want being a support since her stargen is shit and if I'm using her, I'd rather have her as a bosskiller using the quick card Up on herself for a quick chain with the NP.

-Idk enough about Atalante because I never use her when she pops up in my friends list.

-Jack's great. Cu's great. But I think that's because of their individual skills, uses, and NPs. 

-MHX is ok and can do her job

-I don't think Carmilla counts as a quick based servant because of that buster NP. I think she's more of a bosskiller.

-Idk about Stheno either. I tried her once from the friends list and she sucked big time, in orleans.

-Idk if the rest of the riders count as quick servants, but they do benefit from the stars that quick based servants generate. Same with the archers.

-Okita's goooood. But I see her falling off in the near future when we get more sabers that have ST NPs and a shitload of damage. 

-Diarmud sucks. He's so average and really only wants to fight female archers/casters/berserkers. But then again, I've tried him at FA and he's really underwhelming even when compared to an underlevelled 2nd ascension proto cu/romulus lol.

Man imagine if they make a Merlin type servant for quick servants. 

oh @Ebony is there any explanation as to how Taiga gets involved in this? I can kinda get the other pseudoservants since they're all magi of sorts, but taiga kinda makes me scratch my head.

fucking horseshoes need to drop faster. I'll wait for the next saber daily to farm them since i don't wanna blow another apple right now. 

Hmn, I'm wondering if I should ascend Medea right now since I have the pages for it, or wait for more pages/horseshoes to get STG to final ascension. or get more pages for Vlad's FA when I can get more exp cards to get him to FA.

man David having charisma is hilariously useful. I'd put him as the best 3* archer for newbies if he had charisma as a 1st/2nd skill. Though I'd imagine Kid Gil is probably the best 3 star archer in JP right now. 

man I really want me a Billy the Kid. I've got Jack/Bryn all ready and set lol.

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Seriously take a look at critical servants, not even ones released after Merlin

Suzuka Gozen, Tomoe Gozen, Santa Altera, Summer Raikou ...

I mean, Servants built around Crits are there. It is just they aren't bound to Quick cards anymore. Merlin + 2030 made Quick-based Crit Servants extinct because the only thing they are good for is Star generation. It's not like you Crit any harder with them.

Speaking of Quick Servants, Hozouin is always there to remind us that Quick exists ... well, if you make a Servant that ridicilous that is.

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Doesn't NP Seal behave like other debuffs in that the default hitrate is 100%? That's where Stun and Charm suffer though Magic Resist makes all debuffs unreliable to an extent.

I'm not adept with the debuff hitrates but I heard once that skills like Discernment of the Poor or Admonishment of the King of Knights work everytime (unless some kind of immunity is involved) while other like Stun and Charm get affected by Debuff Resist. That's why Jeanne's skill is pretty bad and unreliable even at max. level (120%) while Scathach's NP stun is very reliable if not 100% but only because she has a 500% chance to stun.

Don't know though which skill is affected or not and if they are how much. I know Robin's Sabotage can miss and doesn't have a percentage for success, so ... who knows?

Edited by Zeratul

@Zeratul funny you mentioned Hozoin lol. Yesterday i actually watched some guys failing to use Hozoin in Setzubun and its kinda hilarious. Hes much more flawed than people give him credit for

Cu is still the king of 3* Lancer after all

fucking tamamo+vlad+jeanne is stupidly good at fucking up shit.

if this is a good team, it kinda scares me to imagine how teams with Merlin+Jalter+Cu Alter go like.

I should try hans+vlad+jeanne sometime. that's gotta be hilarious. I kinda fucking wish we had more arts berserkers now. Does asterios count?

I keep forgetting I have medea lily, what the actual fuck.

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

fucking tamamo+vlad+jeanne is stupidly good at fucking up shit.

if this is a good team, it kinda scares me to imagine how teams with Merlin+Jalter+Cu Alter go like.

I should try hans+vlad+jeanne sometime. that's gotta be hilarious. I kinda fucking wish we had more arts berserkers now. Does asterios count?

I keep forgetting I have medea lily, what the actual fuck.

Asterios is definitely Buster

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Asterios is definitely Buster

i love fluffyzerker, but the fuck is a debuff based berserker doing with a buster deck?

Tried the cavalry node with Asterios+tamamo+waver. It's fucking hilarious, all I gotta do is switch out asterios for vlad once the chaos labyrinth goes off.

man I saw a servant in a video today that just didn't look like anything else in FGO.

Who is Yagyu and how good is that old man?

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

i love fluffyzerker, but the fuck is a debuff based berserker doing with a buster deck?

Tried the cavalry node with Asterios+tamamo+waver. It's fucking hilarious, all I gotta do is switch out asterios for vlad once the chaos labyrinth goes off.

man I saw a servant in a video today that just didn't look like anything else in FGO.

Who is Yagyu and how good is that old man?

Historically accurate old man is that dude whose introduction in fgo is kicking Musashis ass back to another world. He would be alvailable as a story lock of Shimosa and famous for his secret ultimate technique "Sitting EX"

DMuo7fNU8AADp7_?format=png&name=small

Eat your hearts out Inuyasha

currently one of 2 servant rated at 9.5 on 4* List alongside Raikou Lancer

Hes a Burst Damage servant, with all 3 of his skills lasting 1 turn with 5 CD and 6 CD evasion. The thing is all of his skills are so efficient on cast that it makes him way better than it seems

His first skill is an Arts Mana Burst that also draws Crit stars to Arts card ensuring that he WILL crit that one Arts Card. This is actually so good because crit servant with absorb skills tend to be somewhat selfish, but Yagyu ensures he only draws the star for his arts. This also drops his star requirement for what he wants into much more manageable area. 

His second skill have the age old flaw of Dodge being tied to offensive buff in this case its an atk buff. Regardless dodge and atk buff is never bad. While its a TERRIBLE atk buff, sitting(EX) at 20% at 6 CD, you will always get value out of this skill. 

His last skill does 50% ATK down and NP gain on 5 turn CD. This is actually a Mana Burst skill in disguise. In a sense that you want to use it when he uses NP to.improve the potency of his NP, hopefully with good amount of Arts Card and watch his NP refill goes through the roof. Its entirely possible to have Yagyu go from 0 to 300 in a single shot with both of his skills up

His NP is simple but its damn good. 4 hit Arts NP with 3.4% refill rate is already pretty crazy on a servant who doesnt have gimped NP gain. But Yagyu have 20% overcharge scaled ATK down to go with it. 

To put this into perspective, Yagyu with both of his skill active have 7.2 NP refill rate which is the same as Tamamo Boosted Vlad, complete with 70% ATK down. Thats a Waver Buff away from him being able to nulify damage entirely

He cant carry team like Saberlot since he probably would want support but if he got supported you could probably stack hilarious atk downs with his Arts Crit and NP refill

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Historically accurate old man is that dude whose introduction in fgo is kicking Musashis ass back to another world. He would be alvailable as a story lock of Shimosa and famous for his secret ultimate technique "Sitting EX"

DMuo7fNU8AADp7_?format=png&name=small

Eat your hearts out Inuyasha

currently one of 2 servant rated at 9.5 on 4* List alongside Raikou Lancer

Hes a Burst Damage servant, with all 3 of his skills lasting 1 turn with 5 CD and 6 CD evasion. The thing is all of his skills are so efficient on cast that it makes him way better than it seems

His first skill is an Arts Mana Burst that also draws Crit stars to Arts card ensuring that he WILL crit that one Arts Card. This is actually so good because crit servant with absorb skills tend to be somewhat selfish, but Yagyu ensures he only draws the star for his arts. This also drops his star requirement for what he wants into much more manageable area. 

His second skill have the age old flaw of Dodge being tied to offensive buff in this case its an atk buff. Regardless dodge and atk buff is never bad. While its a TERRIBLE atk buff, sitting(EX) at 20% at 6 CD, you will always get value out of this skill. 

His last skill does 50% ATK down and NP gain on 5 turn CD. This is actually a Mana Burst skill in disguise. In a sense that you want to use it when he uses NP to.improve the potency of his NP, hopefully with good amount of Arts Card and watch his NP refill goes through the roof. Its entirely possible to have Yagyu go from 0 to 300 in a single shot with both of his skills up

His NP is simple but its damn good. 4 hit Arts NP with 3.4% refill rate is already pretty crazy on a servant who doesnt have gimped NP gain. But Yagyu have 20% overcharge scaled ATK down to go with it. 

To put this into perspective, Yagyu with both of his skill active have 7.2 NP refill rate which is the same as Tamamo Boosted Vlad, complete with 70% ATK down. Thats a Waver Buff away from him being able to nulify damage entirely

He cant carry team like Saberlot since he probably would want support but if he got supported you could probably stack hilarious atk downs with his Arts Crit and NP refill

powercreep much huh

man the game seems to have a powercreep in it, but not in the stupid kind that other mobile's have,