Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

40 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Mine's only NP2.

Of the freebies:

- Emiya's an event guy, which means less grinding
- Would like Marie better if her NP gain wasn't so odd (data shows it isn't, but I remember using someone's friend one, and wondering why her NP gain was abysmal)
- Finally got d'Eon past NP1, so I don't need another copy
- LOL SUMANAI
- Hercules for sticking around (but he's competing with Kintoki/Lancelot/Tamamo Cat)
- LOL STHENO
- Carmilla's unique because her NP is Buster, but I'd rather have MHX
- I have Tamamo Cat, and I doubt she cares about the extra NP gain
- I have Elisabeth, and like Tamamo, she really doesn't care about the extra NP gain
- Martha, however, does, due to triple Arts cards.

Looks like it's Emiya for events, Martha for a better NP gauge, or Marie for variety (though her competition is a woman in a Santa suit, a guy that's prettier than her, and eventually Rider Kintoki).

don't forget Ryouma Sakamoto in like 3 years lol.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I've settled on getting EMIYA for the free 4*. He's useful for events and I like the guy. Getting Herc or Tamacat to NP3 doesn't give that much of a gain and is more of a bonus. Siegfried will get his chance another day.

As for the ongoing event, I finally managed to clear out the first story portion and am somewhat farming. I seem to have crazy luck with the CE drops, getting 3 "Three Great Heroes" CEs. So, I can skip on buying the Divine Pill and the Immortal Peach CEs and get materials instead.

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs (NA)

Spoiler

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

[UPDATE LOG - June 6st, 2018]
-- N/A

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
Zeratul  - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Czarpy - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

45 minutes ago, Sophie said:

Not sure if I should post my JP friends code here, don't know if many people even play JP in this thread.

I think just me and @The Geek? I’m not sure.

I’m halfway through Babylonia at the moment. I need to rush the story so I can participate in Guda 3.

And just like that, EMIYA has been taken back into consideration. This is not going to be an easy choice between him, Liz, and Heracles.

Meh

I'll just post it anyways
Here's my support list.

LjCKm5e.png

ID is 354,243,198

Edited by Sophie

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I think just me and @The Geek? I’m not sure.

I’m halfway through Babylonia at the moment. I need to rush the story so I can participate in Guda 3.

And just like that, EMIYA has been taken back into consideration. This is not going to be an easy choice between him, Liz, and Heracles.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

- Would like Marie better if her NP gain wasn't so odd (data shows it isn't, but I remember using someone's friend one, and wondering why her NP gain was abysmal)

IIRC, Marie's NP gain is odd, because her Quicks are better for NP gain than her Arts unless you're doing an Arts chain.

lol apparently twitter is lighting up due to the gudaguda 3 event taking place in japan 1945.

and these people haven't researched what FGO is going to do, what servants are involved, or even the possibility that they're assuming too much into the negative side.

speaking of twitter and fgo, the fusion trend has gotten kinda silly

Here's @MrSmokestack's favorite 3* Saber fused with a fellow quick based servant.

Spoiler

Image may contain: one or more people and stripes

Something's gotta balance the scales on your Okita Alter hype.

Edited by Czarpy

@Czarpy Can't be helped - a lot of non JP people haven't even touched the Koha Ace source material. This event is based on The Strange Tales of The Imperial Holy Grail after all (which may I add is as much as a meme as the other Koha Ace things). Hell, I've only just taken peaks into it here and there due to the fact that it wasn't translated when I was searching for translations for it (which give or take was a couple of years back.)

Twitter was a fun read however.
>Second Part of GO WEST

Shoot me now

@MrSmokestack I also play JP (I mention it sparingly) - I just don't give out my friend code too often.
Speaking of which:

JP Friend Code:

N30 - 555, 282, 304
Halfway through Camelot, and going to grail Bedi and Salieri to 90. Then, going to grail Bedi to 100 and Salieri to 100.

32 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

IIRC, Marie's NP gain is odd, because her Quicks are better for NP gain than her Arts unless you're doing an Arts chain.

Wait, what?  How?  WHY?!

I like her NP, but IIRC she has two Arts cards.  Is this a Marie quirk or a Rider one?

5 minutes ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy Can't be helped - a lot of non JP people haven't even touched the Koha Ace source material. This event is based on The Strange Tales of The Imperial Holy Grail after all (which may I add is as much as a meme as the other Koha Ace things). Hell, I've only just taken peaks into it here and there due to the fact that it wasn't translated when I was searching for translations for it (which give or take was a couple of years back.)

Twitter was a fun read however.
>Second Part of GO WEST

Shoot me now

@MrSmokestack I also play JP (I mention it sparingly) - I just don't give out my friend code too often.
Speaking of which:

JP Friend Code:

N30 - 555, 282, 304
Halfway through Camelot, and going to grail Bedi and Salieri to 90. Then, going to grail Bedi to 100 and Salieri to 100.

i just find it fucking hilarious that NONE of the servants used in the upcoming event are even from the WW1/2 era and somehow people are claiming it's "insensitive" doesn't make a lot of sense.

If anything, the recent NA journey to the west portrayal of David is the closest thing I can think of that might be offensive, but it's just silly stereotypes. 

Edited by Czarpy

5 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

i just find it fucking hilarious that NONE of the servants used in the upcoming event are even from the WW1/2 era and somehow people are claiming it's "insensitive" doesn't make a lot of sense.

If anything, the recent NA journey to the west portrayal of David is the closest thing I can think of that might be offensive, but it's just silly stereotypes. 

Also I feel that Fate in general trend to gloss over the darker element of servants backstories, rape and whatnot. Due to the intended audience of the game. 

2 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Also I feel that Fate in general trend to gloss over the darker element of servants backstories, rape and whatnot. Due to the intended audience of the game. 

Mainly it's because Nero and Liz are popular waifus, but yeah I get it. Besides, I doubt anyone really cares about how Nero was whacked out irl when playing or reading Fate.

In the case of some servants, they don't even talk about some of the stupid shit in the lore. Astolfo's in particular is so batshit insane.

giving more thought on the 4* ticket.

• While I can definitely make use of Herc, I already have Lu Bu and Vlad as my STNP berserkers with some added durability.  I might just pick him since Cu isn't enough for cockroaching things sometimes.
  • Liz is an AoE lancer with a good bond CE and really decent skills. +40% boost for female servants is stupidly good, especially since most of my gold rarity servants are female. She's my #1 contender atm.
  • Siegfried gets some favoritism from me since I have fond memories of watching the Wagnerian operas with my dad as a kid. He's a long term investment and has his place and uses. Hell, I can get him or liz to FA and max out their skills asap if I got them since I'm loaded with the mats for them. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I don't have a special downright NEED for anti-dragon AoE sabers. Salter/Lily/Fergus cover my AoE saber needs right now, and I haven't seen a difficult dragon trait enemy just yet. Besides, he's bound to spook me eventually.
  • Carmilla is someone I really want but don't need at all. Between Shiki, JTR, MHX, and Stheno, I have all the assassins I could possibly want outside of AoE ones. Speaking of AoE Assassins, Fuuma is coming soon and Shishou is a welfare. I'd totally pick her if we were given two 4* tickets though.
  • Martha has team debuff clear and AoE spammability. The debuff clear is something I value since I don't like bringing Medea Lily and blowing her divine casting just to use her debuff clearing NP. Not to mention that it seems a lot of major debuffing enemies are caster class. She's my #2 pick since I really want a debuffer. She's also pretty rare for rate-ups too.
  • Marie isn't being considered since I don't want a cockroach rider right now. I like her, but my roster doesn't have a strong NEED for what she offers nor is she a waifu draw like Carmilla. 

If all the 4* servants out right now were available, would we see people going for the likes of Lalter, Rama, and Nero more? I'd totally be picking Lalter or Nero if they were on the list though.

If we're giving out JP friend codes, you can hit me up if you want: 665,153,364

Spoiler

YjxoUJW.jpg

Anyway, I was ready to sleep on Okita Alter. I like Okita a lot, but I already have enough Sabers (Mordred + not built Suzuka and Lancelot), but now that she's an Alter Ego (i.e. in a slot I don't have something for yet), I'm definitely rolling for her.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Wait, what?  How?  WHY?!

I like her NP, but IIRC she has two Arts cards.  Is this a Marie quirk or a Rider one?

I looked up the data and found I was slightly mistaken.  Her Quicks and her Arts are roughly the same, with Arts being very slightly better (generally not by a noticeable amount).  She'll gain more or less the same amount of NP whether you use a Quick or an Arts in a chain.

That said, it's not entirely a Marie quirk.  Okita and Jack have better gain from using a Quick after an Arts lead than using an Arts card.  If Marie had better hit counts on her Quicks, she'd probably be similar. 

Edit:  That said, her NP gain from Arts cards is the lowest of all riders currently released in NA.  It doesn't stop me from using her, but I'm pretty biased towards her.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

Here's @MrSmokestack's favorite 3* Saber fused with a fellow quick based servant.

Reveal hidden contents

Image may contain: one or more people and stripes

Something's gotta balance the scales on your Okita Alter hype.

It’s actually Bedivere, but—

Yeah I’m going to pretend I didn’t see that.

1 hour ago, N30 said:

Speaking of which:

JP Friend Code:

N30 - 555, 282, 304

When did you start JP? Today marks two weeks since I started and I’m already this far.

6 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

If we're giving out JP friend codes, you can hit me up if you want: 665,153,364

Reveal hidden contents

YjxoUJW.jpg

I’ll send requests to both of you, name is BIG SMOKE.

47 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

It’s actually Bedivere, but—

Yeah I’m going to pretend I didn’t see that.

When did you start JP? Today marks two weeks since I started and I’m already this far.

I’ll send requests to both of you, name is BIG SMOKE.

BIG SMOKE sounds like a rapper that endorses the cancer stick industry.

ugh farming. Good thing we get BP so I can get more golden apples from raising bronze bond levels.

That's it, I went with Herc. I'll get him to max level one day, but not anytime soon as I have quite the backlog of servants to level. 

Now, it's time to grind even harder, although mindless grind feels better than banging my head against the banana. At least the Nightingale CE looks beautiful. I need feathers, titty monk ate the few I had

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Besides, I doubt anyone really cares about how Nero was whacked out irl when playing or reading Fate.

Who wouldn't want to know Nero liked watching men wrestle Greek-style (nude)? Would make for some wonderful fanservice imagery. And the mommy issues, to the point she asks her murderers you sent to kill her to stab her to death in the place where you were once a little embryo, make for some good drama.

Although the Christians used as living torches at nighttime parties could indeed be done without.

....Chiming out.

10 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Who wouldn't want to know Nero liked watching men wrestle Greek-style (nude)? Would make for some wonderful fanservice imagery. And the mommy issues, to the point she asks her murderers you sent to kill her to stab her to death in the place where you were once a little embryo, make for some good drama.

Although the Christians used as living torches at nighttime parties could indeed be done without.

....Chiming out.

let's not forget we also have fucking christian saints in the game alongside Nero.

hoo boy.

including one that knew Jesus irl.

9 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

let's not forget we also have fucking christian saints in the game alongside Nero.

hoo boy.

including one that knew Jesus irl.

Wording, man.  Even I don't ship Martha and George! :P:

This game isn't super historically accurate.  I mean, Nobunaga's a girl (a well-dressed one, but still).

19 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Wording, man.  Even I don't ship Martha and George! :P:

This game isn't super historically accurate.  I mean, Nobunaga's a girl (a well-dressed one, but still).

and so's Okita.

ugh choices choices for the 4*........

Edited by Czarpy

1 minute ago, Sophie said:

@MrSmokestack

Is my JP support list not good enough for you, huh? :P:

not enough saberfaces.

seems I can roll for herc during the anniversary singularity banners and the random singularity banners NA has been getting during off time. Liz, on the other hand, seems to only show in the upcoming CCC/SERAPH event banners next year.

I'll just wait a while and see if I pick up anything good by sunday-ish. If I don't have anything then I'm just gonna get Liz since who doesn't want to give 40%+ charisma boost to any female servant.