Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

3rd Anniversary stream was pretty fun! I'm a little disappointed we are just getting  Scathach=Skadi as the anniversary servant (I expected her to be part of the current storyline banner), but then again I do not play on JP and have no idea how the whole process works

Also, OG Artoria got a buff! Apparently Instinct now also gives an NP charge on top of crit stars. When will NA get this, I wonder?

Anyways, looks like FGO is going to be interesting, especially since I'm a pure NA player who just observes the future stuff on occasion. Now for me to go to sleep, it's 3AM in the morning and I was supposed to be asleep three hours ago...

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

BTW Skadi's 3rd skill is a targetable NP charge up. At lvl 2 it gives 32%, so it looks like I'm right that it's a 50% battery.

It's 50% at max.
Considering her first skill is also targetable that's pretty absurd. Still, having no sustain through healing hampers her a bit for being "Tamamo Quick Edition".

23 minutes ago, Sire said:

Also, OG Artoria got a buff! Apparently Instinct now also gives an NP charge on top of crit stars

She gets 30% NP charge at max.
... which makes her sooo similar to Mordred. I honestly prefer Saber for general farming now since she has Charisma.

Just now, The Priest said:

It's 50% at max.
Considering her first skill is also targetable that's pretty absurd. Still, having no sustain through healing hampers her a bit for being "Tamamo Quick Edition".

Double Skadi + Scathach is gonna be cooked.

Two guaranteed stuns in a row on an NP that's gonna be hitting with 150% Quick up on the first and 100% on the second, against enemies with 60% Def down. And this is before you start counting crit damage.

1 hour ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Double Skadi + Scathach is gonna be cooked.

Two guaranteed stuns in a row on an NP that's gonna be hitting with 150% Quick up on the first and 100% on the second, against enemies with 60% Def down. And this is before you start counting crit damage.

The most hilarious part about this is really Lancelot. Quick support is really all that is ever required to make him take off, and double Skadi enables Black Grail on top of that.

This allows Lancelot, at NP2 to deal 120,000 AOE damage without Skadi's 2nd, which could potential destroy 3 man CQ

Also Kintoki Rider is going to be so dirty now. He could probably reach somewhere along the lines of 1.5 Mil burst damage period with Skadi

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

It's 50% at max.

She gets 30% NP charge at max.
... which makes her sooo similar to Mordred. I honestly prefer Saber for general farming now since she has Charisma.

TFW Artoria gets Knight of the Lake

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

19 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

TFW Artoria gets Knight of the Lake

She trades 5 stars for -1 CD. That's fair and better for her since she has otherwise very average NP gain.

My predictions for the next Strengthening batch:

Spoiler

Day 2:
I assume the Gold Assassin gets a NP Strengthening since skill-wise none of them have big sore spots (maybe Emiya Assassin's Magecraft at most).
If that's the case there are tons of candidates. Shuten Doji or Cleopatra immediately come in mind with their pre-upgrade NPs, same goes for Emiya or Kato Danzo.
For the Silver Caster I think its either Paracelsus or Geronimo. Both have yet to receive any kind of upgrade besides their NP Interludes and I can't imagine DW updating Avicebron so soon.

Day 3:
Beowulf Instinct Upgrade Maybe Ibaraki or Tamamo Cat when we're talking about skilll upgrades though both Kintoki and Hijikata need some help with their outdated skills.
Now Bronze Assassin doesn't leave much to imagination. Hassan has yet to receive any kind of changes and a NP upgrade would be much appreciated. The other candidate might be Mata Hari since her NP is utter trash.

Day 4:
I want Cu's NP upgrade. Screw everything else.
Since there is another Caster update I presume it's either the one that wasn't on Day 2. Really these two are in dire need of help. The other Silver Caster don't need as much help or at least were thrown a bone to their way.

Day 5:
Another Gold Berserker card See Day 3.
Bronze Rider is probably Blackbeard. Yes, Georgios has yet to receive something but to be fair what does the man even need? His NP is pretty bad aside from Dragon trait gimmicks and should never be used for damage anyway so any upgrade is pretty much wasted. Blackbeard might get an NP upgrade to fall in line with Medusa.

Day 6:
Gold Archer ... is there even need for that? Unless this is some kind of Gilgamesh worship (Golden Rule -> *insert most ridicilous OP lore skill in here*) I really can't think of an SR/SSR Archer that would need more polish. Orion maybe if we go for skills?
It might be for Atalante's 2nd skill but holy crap she might as well be a completely different Archer from what she was before.

Day 7:
Dantes or riot. The man really needs some serious help especially compared to his competition. I highly doubt that this is Gorgon and stay away with your JAlters from this. That only leaves him or Lobo and out of the two Dantes is the older and more popular one.
Silver Rider might be an NP upgrade for Alexander just to keep him in line with Medusa. On the other hand if it is for skills, Boudica or Mr. Creepyface come in mind.

Edited by The Priest

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

She trades 5 stars for -1 CD. That's fair and better for her since she has otherwise very average NP gain.

My predictions for the next Strengthening batch:

Hide contents

Day 2:
I assume the Gold Assassin gets a Strengthening on its NP. If that's the case there are tons of candidates. Shuten Doji or Cleopatra immediately come in mind with their pre-Interlude NPs, same goes for Emiya or Kato Danzo. Funnily enough it's the newer Gold Assassin that seem to struggle more than the older ones since e.g. Carmilla got several updates while someone like Jack was complete to begin with.
For the Silver Caster I think its either Paracelsus or Geronimo. Both have yet to receive any kind of update besides their NP Interludes and I can't imagine DW updating Avicebron so soon.

Day 3:
Beowulf Instinct Upgrade Maybe Ibaraki or Tamamo Cat, I presume when we're talking about skilll upgrades. Though both Kintoki and Hijikata need some help with their outdated skills.
Now Bronze Assassin doesn't leave much to imagination. I think it's time that Hassan gets his NP upgrade. I really hope this is not another Sanson update and if it is it better changes his 3rd skill to Humanoid otherwise it's worthless.
The other might be Mata Hari since her NP is utter trash.

Day 4:
I want Cu's NP update. Screw everything else.
Since there is another Caster update I presume it's either the one that wasn't on Day 2. Really these two are in dire need of help.

Day 5:
Another Gold zerker. See Day 3.
Bronze Rider is probably Blackbeard. Yes, Georgios has yet to receive something but to be fair what does the man even need? His NP is pretty bad aside from Dragon trait gimmicks and should never be used for damage anyway. Blackbeard might get an NP upgrade to fall in line with Medusa.

Day 6:
Gold Archer ... Uhhhh is there even need for that? Unless this is some kind of Gilgamesh worship (Golden Rule -> *insert most ridicilous OP lore skill in here*) I really can't think of an SR/SSR Archer that would need more polish. Orion maybe if we go for skills?
It might be for Atalante's 2nd skill but holy crap she then got more touch ups than Emiya.

Day 7:
Dantes or riot. The man really needs some serious help especially compared to his competition. I highly doubt that this is Gorgon and stay away with your JAlters from this. That only leaves him or Lobo and out of the two Dantes is the older and more popular one.
Silver Rider might be an NP upgrade for Alexander just to keep him in line with Medusa. On the other hand if it is skill, Boudica or Mr. Creepyface come in mind.

Archer is probably Arjuna but an early interlude to some of our new Gold Archers isnt far from possibility. The meme option here is definitely Interlude for Tohsaka Master Race

Gold Zerker my wish and prediction is NP interlude for Kintoki and Lancelot

Assassin my prediction is Yan Qing but looking at time of the year Cleo feels more likely yeah

Got no proof but I'm kinda feeling maybe Beowulf for one of the berserkers.

I feel like silver lancer HAS to be Diarmud, like, he definitely needs it the most, honestly, just like, period.

I'm gonna agree on Arjuna for gold archer unless they feel like giving Atalanta another one.

Avenger has to be Dantes, he's the only one that really needs it badly.

3rd Anniversary has been great so far. Looking forward to NP5 Paul!

Oh right, that’s not what the rest of us are here for.

image.png

Any one of Sherlock, Hokusai, Melt, or Kiara would have been great, so I’m pretty stoked about this roll. Really wish the Avenger was best dog Lobo, though. And my Salieri is max level and NP5 already.

After that, I spent all my tickets and 90 sq for Nitocris and NP2 Astolfo. I don’t like Skadi enough to dip below 300 and I don’t want to be surprised by a sudden Hokusai rate up.

Hoping for either one of Nero Fest or 1/2 AP main or free quests soon.

Meanwhile in NA...

*cricket noises*

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Meanwhile in NA...

LKv2_S5nkrBxGS1w6Iw58JHByQeKKWCPSE95MzV1

Lot's of neat stuff coming these days, new strengthings, Caster Scathach saving quick, ova of Camelot/ Babylonia. I'm getting interested, shame we have to wait two years for it to come out in English.

pF9FaDb.png

Profits from today have been:
NP2 Skadi
NP2 Berserker Vlad
Orion
Saberlot, makes NP3

This... has been very lucrative. 
And I'm already depressed by everyone calling Skadi Scathach 

7 hours ago, Sophie said:

pF9FaDb.pngThis... has been very lucrative. 
And I'm already depressed by everyone calling Skadi Scathach 

They’re not wrong, to be fair. Ingame it’s Skadi-Scathach—Skadi taking Scathach’s appearance.

All of Part 1.5 is permanently 1/2 AP, so I’ve decided to rush story in an attempt to grab more quartz and tickets. I might end up getting walled by Shimosa though, since I’m lacking in fully leveled archers. Robin Hood when.

Done with Lumber in NA, Stone and Iron are next.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

They’re not wrong, to be fair. Ingame it’s Skadi-Scathach—Skadi taking Scathach’s appearance.

They are technically wrong, since it's Skadi taking Scathach's appearance, not the other way around. It's just Skadi, she acts nothing like Scathach, she's only Scathach in appearance.
It's a bit agitating, since I really like Skadi but I don't care for Scathach, so.
I know it's a bit ambiguous I guess, but, ugh, I dunno. Stop making your lore so weird, type moon.
tl;dr i really like whatever this servant is actually supposed to be more than Scathach.

Edited by Sophie

isn't skadi supposedly the nordic origins for Scatach based on the idea that the norse who settled in ireland brought over elements of their own myth and blended it with the celtic stuff present?

i mean it makes sense thematically. 

also wtf is with the servers. i can't connect. still, yay for the 400 day login rewards. more tickets, more salt.

400 Days Anniversary has arrived. Yay for more freebies!

---

Anyone else think that the Summer event is pretty grind-heavy? I don't think I will get to farm the stuff for re-modelling the island because it takes so much time to farm the stuff in the shop. I only bought out Gold EXP and Summer Scathach's Ascension items.

CEs->Shishou ascension items->exp cards->in demand ascension items->fous->rare ascension items->pieces is how I'm gonna handle this.

shame that the gems aren't in the store tho.

why the fuck are almost all of the AoE archers in the iron/stone category ffs.

20 minutes ago, The Priest said:

400 Days Anniversary has arrived. Yay for more freebies!

---

Anyone else think that the Summer event is pretty grind-heavy? I don't think I will get to farm the stuff for re-modelling the island because it takes so much time to farm the stuff in the shop. I only bought out Gold EXP and Summer Scathach's Ascension items.

we do have 20 days for the event

I guess?

I got Skadi from the quartz I got for completing Salem.  I sacrificed Abigail before the goddess and she came home.  Also now have Parvati and Sumanai in JP.

I'm honestly split on which ascension for Maid Alter I like best.  2nd is the maidiest and most swimsuit-y, but 3rd is pretty good looking too.

I mean I know Skadi and Scathach have similar origins but at least personality wise in-game they really aren't similar at all, so I would think it'd make more sense to separate them just based on who they are, not just to refer to them both as Scathach.

2 minutes ago, The Geek said:

I got Skadi from the quartz I got for completing Salem.  I sacrificed Abigail before the goddess and she came home.  Also now have Parvati and Sumanai in JP.

I'm honestly split on which ascension for Maid Alter I like best.  2nd is the maidiest and most swimsuit-y, but 3rd is pretty good looking too.

I'll throw in a vote for 2nd.

Having Skadi and Scathach be so similar could also be a SMT reference.  Since IIRC the demon Scathach in SMT evolves into Skadi as she levels up?

I mean, the Guda Guda Order comic on Scathach is basically all just Nobu and Okita making SMT references.