Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

i mean it's fate. i'm surprised we don't have another _________face stereotype outside of the whole saberface thing. Although I supposed Amakusa is a shirouface? And idk if Scatach counts as a shikiface. 

Helena's levelling. good to know i don't need to roll on that particular banner in the future. she'll probably hit bond level 6 by the time this event is done lol. mana tuning is handy

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mister Rogers said:

i mean it's fate. i'm surprised we don't have another _________face stereotype outside of the whole saberface thing. Although I supposed Amakusa is a shirouface? And idk if Scatach counts as a shikiface. 

Scathach is an Aoko face.  Valkyrie could be considered Mash faces since they have the same eyes.

13 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Having Skadi and Scathach be so similar could also be a SMT reference.  Since IIRC the demon Scathach in SMT evolves into Skadi as she levels up?

I mean, the Guda Guda Order comic on Scathach is basically all just Nobu and Okita making SMT references.

I mean I'm more annoyed because they're making it needlessly complicated. It's clearly Skadi talking because almost all of her lines revolve around norse and that mythology, with absolutely 0 reference to anything Celtic but she also reacts to Scathach's other versions as "herself" and asks to be called "Scathach-sama", so I don't know if she just does this because she's possessing Scathach and she has memories or reactions to certain things because of that, or if this servant is literally just both of them. I don't know. I hate you Type moon. I despise your lore sometimes.

Regardless, I really like Skadi, so. I'm happy I pulled her.

Edited by Sophie

Yeah, going by her My Room lines Skadi is pretty cute.  Her reaction to Summer Scathach is pretty funny.  And she's the only person in Chaldea who actually likes Medb.

Best Mom Goddess.

so looking back i think Enkidu got the highest power spike out of every servant with Sca's release

Buster NP means he can Buster Quick Crit. His Arts have always been somewhat godlike for NP gen. Hes durable as shit so he don't need those sissy durability bump, and he works well with both Merlin and Skadi

oh and his busted NP? DEF DEBUFF BABY

He could probably claim for the best Lancer now, definitely if he get Interlude

29 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I mean I'm more annoyed because they're making it needlessly complicated. It's clearly Skadi talking because almost all of her lines revolve around norse and that mythology, with absolutely 0 reference to anything Celtic but she also reacts to Scathach's other versions as "herself" and asks to be called "Scathach-sama", so I don't know if she just does this because she's possessing Scathach and she has memories or reactions to certain things because of that, or if this servant is literally just both of them. I don't know. I hate you Type moon. I despise your lore sometimes.

Regardless, I really like Skadi, so. I'm happy I pulled her.

congrats.

I find type-moon to be even more complicated than Marvel/DC. Granted I love this kinda worldbuilding and they don't even have to invent new heroes. I like the idea of nasuverse shit like

Spoiler

how they kinda explained Charlemagne getting "infected" by the velber or some shit? Idk Nasu going all ancient aliens on us is a new turn.

It’s cool sometimes, but it’s annoying when I want to know something but they won’t give a clear answer. Oh well. What can you do.

Lots of quick servants getting more work with Skadi added.

7 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

quick isn't dead! It's just kind of been salvaged.

I mean yay NA has to wait for a dedicated quick support now lol.

our wellfare next year is a budget quick support!

>close enough

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

our wellfare next year is a budget quick support!

>close enough

Ishtar?

I mean Waver/Hans are sort of good enough but I'd love for quick servants to get Caster Marie's arts card NP gain or something at least. ffs my only really good quick servants are like Jack, Kintoki, and Billy. In the former two, it's due to the DPS they can shove down someone's throat under the right conditions and in Billy's case it's just due to his absurd crit boost.

oh and i guess caesar/ushi count but they have massive steroids on their kits and star absorb. 

15 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

Ishtar?

I mean Waver/Hans are sort of good enough but I'd love for quick servants to get Caster Marie's arts card NP gain or something at least. ffs my only really good quick servants are like Jack, Kintoki, and Billy. In the former two, it's due to the DPS they can shove down someone's throat under the right conditions and in Billy's case it's just due to his absurd crit boost.

oh and i guess caesar/ushi count but they have massive steroids on their kits and star absorb. 

Yes

Buster/Quick with Np gain its almost as good as Parvati's broken as shit Imaginary Around

I guess I really am the master of Craft Essences. I did another 10 pull in hopes of Tamamo Lancer. Instead, I got 2 more Twilight Memory CEs which will help with my stone farming. (So I have 1 Pirate's Party, 3 Twilight Memories, and like 5 Shining Goddess CEs.)

I managed to clear out Event CEs and the Summer Scathach Ascension Mats. I'm planning on clearing out the shop first (without the pieces & monuments) before going back to redevelop the island.

Also in JP, Stheno got a buff too her np by removing buffs and a stronger defense down. Better for her, but I still find her to be a niche (DW want to kill some memes this week). Hohenheim 3rd skill got a buff, he still requires too much investment to be decent.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Also in JP, Stheno got a buff too her np by removing buffs and a stronger defense down. Better for her, but I still find her to be a niche (DW want to kill some memes this week). Hohenheim 3rd skill got a buff, he still requires too much investment to be decent.

will paracelsus ever be worthwhile for budget support?

2 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

I don't think so, even with all of his skills maxed out, Hohenheim takes, 7-8 turns to reuse them. With the same level of effort, Hans can be a better budget support.

6 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I don't think so, even with all of his skills maxed out, Hohenheim takes, 7-8 turns to reuse them. With the same level of effort, Hans can be a better budget support.

Yep. Dr. P’s issue has always been his atrocious cooldowns. Adding bonuses to his skills don’t fix much when he will not be using them often. Freaking Boudica has the same Arts buff but on a lower CD.

Plowing through Shinjuku to kill some time. Once archer exp daily starts, I will have to stock up on those to level Robin Hood and David for Shimosa.

2 hours ago, Mister Rogers said:

Yeah ignoring every other viewpoint here

Tamamo with Bond CE give you 65% NP gen for 3 turns

Paracelsus gives you 80%

Nero Bride is 45%, note that Nero bride's flagship is only 1 CD shorter

So yeah. IS he good? probably not for the reason smokes outlined. Is he worthwhile? very, he made shittons of budget NP loop set up accesible albeit with lower damage potential

Also if your madman enough to get his Bond CE, his damage amplification actually ties with Nero Bride so thats a thing

Today we got Tamamo Cat and ... OMFG it's Regend. And it's 20% Quick Up before his NP hits.
*screams Yorokobe to the outside world*

Cat has finally her problem fixed with the self debuff immunity on her Morph skill. 2000 HP is not bad but honestly a higher Defense multiplier on top of that would have been nice.

EDIT: They also added Command Codes. It's an enhancement that you put on a card type of a Servant's deck. e.g. you can stick on Tamamo's Arts cards a Command Code that gives +20% NP gen.
... I'm not sure if I like where this is going. If this bloats the summoning pool that would be terrible. For now the Codes are only available in the FP summoning but they also offer very marginal effects.

Edited by The Priest

56 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Today we got Tamamo Cat and ... OMFG it's Regend. And it's 20% Quick Up before his NP hits.

Cat has finally her problem fixed with the self debuff immunity on her Morph skill. 2000 HP is not bad but honestly a higher Defense multiplier on top of that would have been nice.

EDIT: They also added Command Codes. It's an enhancement that you put on a card type of a Servant's deck. e.g. you can stick on Tamamo's Arts cards a Command Code that gives +20% NP gen.
... I'm not sure if I like where this is going. If this bloats the summoning pool that would be terrible. For now the Codes are only available in the FP summoning but they also offer very marginal effects.

Tamamo Cat got one of her biggest flaws improved, and Kojiro is and a better skills for a one * servant. I wonder in the future, Frankenstein will have a way to remove her stun after using her np?

As for the Command Codes, testing a new system isn't bad. But with a large cast, it way be difficult to work with.

49 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Im not sure about Regend being good but its a nice gesture for people who grailed him i guess

The main problem being as crazy good as Regend buff is hes still stuck on shitty card and shitty stats. The buff puts Regend NP at 32k which makes his NP on par with 3*.

On the other hand a Grailed 90 Regend can do 40k with Tsubame Gaeshi. With max level CE his damage is actually super competitive compared to say Shiki(2000 atk CE Kojiro does 50k to Shiki 54k with Mana Burst)

And of course Regend have the grorious Instinct Absorb combo which turns him into Mini Saberlot Assassin

Yeesss. I have absolutely no control when it comes to using tickets and most of them gave me trash (and the Atalanta CE) but today I got this:

yaEFBKW.png

Now, I don't really have the mats nor enough EXP to train her but now I have 3 SSR servants. She's next after I'm done with Li Shuwen, promise. 

I still want vanilla Tamamo for the arts memes

I'm gonna save my monthly tickets for the part 2 gacha since I already have everyone save Mordred from the part 1 gacha.

Meanwhile in JP I finally got Angra Mainyu and also got my first Servant to Bond 10 (Herc).  I also managed to get both Maid Alter and Skadi to max level.  Now just gotta wait for Caster day to get Skadi's skills up.

So now my Supports in both NA and JP look like this (posting in a post because I have to make them minuscule to put them in my signature):

Spoiler

CAhoawS.jpg

Spoiler

o9tPCpj.jpg

Spoiler

cV7n_z3ondXUqPQA1oNutDS8guDBmp9PG9bTOodQ

*laughs maniacally*

Lancer gets Sure Hit and increased Death Rate on his NP.
Caster has now Buster Up (which actives first of course).

I honestly forgot about his Caster version. This is actually really good for him since his major problem was his trash NP though the duration is wasted on him since he has only 1 Buster card. It would have been better if he gets a higher multiplier for a single turn. Still this makes him so much more viable for farming now.

RIP Geronimo though. Honestly they should just re-work his entire kit to be targetable really before they try to apply 3 Strengthening quests to him.

Edited by The Priest