Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

This game bullys people with material droprates. We must take counterbully measures!

Counterbully =/= anti-bully. Genny would be disappointed in you.

Which Servant are eating away those pages of yours?

For the people who have a Support Caster with Bond CE; please put them on instead of Lunchtime. That additional stack of damage can make all the difference.
If you don't have the Bond CE Ox-King from Journey to the West is a great alternative.

3 hours ago, Sire said:

As for my setup, I am having success with Bond 10 Herc (Lvl 90), Nightingale, Support Waver, (Filler - Arash), Caesar, (Filler - Tamamo Mae). Basically all the supports buff Herc and Herc goes to town. I can one round Barbatos if Heracles manages a NP Buster Brave Chain, provided there is no Buster Down debuff. No battle lasts longer than 4 turns.

What CEs do you have? You should be able to do reliable 1/2 turns clears with grailed Bond 10 Herc.

37 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

I tried using Scathach and Jalter with Barbatos, but I kept getting screwed over by buster and quick debuffs which made the fight last 12 turns. Decided to just use a support level 92 bond 10 Heracles to solo him in 6 turn. Hopefully having a bond 9 Ozy will allow me to have an easier time against Forneus.

If you have done Medea's Rank-Up Quest she can cleanse the debuff on your main damage dealer. You can then swap her out with plugsuit for a different Servant to stack more buffs.
You could try JAlter + Medea + Support Waver + Plugsuit, then switch in Helena for Medea for moar buffs. Depending on CEs you could try Support Merlin as long as you can provide enough NP charge for her with him and Helena.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

If you have done Medea's Rank-Up Quest she can cleanse the debuff on your main damage dealer. You can then swap her out with plugsuit for a different Servant to stack more buffs.
You could try JAlter + Medea + Support Waver + Plugsuit, then switch in Helena for Medea for moar buffs. Depending on CEs you could try Support Merlin as long as you can provide enough NP charge for her with him and Helena.

Main problem is that since I'm relatively new to the game, a lot of my servants are still underleveled, Medea and Helena included (I only got Helena when she spooked me on Ishtar's banner). Most of my effort went into the SSR I was lucky enough to get,  as well as a few SRs like Nitocris, Chloe and Rama, which means that very few of my 3* and lower servants are at a usable level. I think only Euryale, Cu, Hans, Arash and Kiyo are at their last ascension, meaning I'm pretty limited option-wise. From my pool of leveled servants, I think the only supports I have are Hans and Mash.

I would have liked to use the Christmas lotto to raise some of them, but for some reason, FGO thinks Christmas is in early December, right when the final exams and projects of an university semester are due, so I got the bare minimum from it and Ishtar ate most of what I got. 

I did try a run with Jalter, Jack and Merlin just now, but it took me the same amount of turns it would have taken me with solo support Herc.

Welp, my plan to farm Barbatos more failed since I ended up being busy for the day. At least I got my early ~25 runs in, but I really, really needed those materials... (Shiki needs gears, Kuro needs gears, Jalter wants Hearts...)

Guess I'm off to try and get some Medals for Saber Lancelot and then look up a list to see what else I need to do. Hopefully there will be more time so I can farm the other stuff.

1 hour ago, Magus of Memery said:

What CEs do you have? You should be able to do reliable 1/2 turns clears with grailed Bond 10 Herc.

At the moment I am using a level 87 MLB Halloween Princess for the NP Damage and the charge. The main reason I use this is because I do not have a Waver of my own (otherwise I would try double Waver with something more useful, such as a MLB Hero Elly's Adventure or the Black Grail).

I have a 29 MLB Holy Night Supper, but I'm not too focused on the crits with Herc. My Halloween Princess CE also gives slightly more Atk anyway due to its level.

I have a MLB Golden Carp with some extras lying around, but Herc doesn't do too well with crits since he's a Berserker. Getting Herc to Brave Chain on the first turn is also RNG dependent and risky, which is why I opt for the NP damage method instead.

Well RIP Barbatos. I wasn't able to farm him all that much, but I appreciate the Hearts I did get. I decided to move on to Forneus and man he's much easier to deal with. Having a Bond 9 Ozymandias to use alongside Jalter and Merlin allows me to make short work of him. Hope I get enough Jewel and Feathers for Jalter, Ishtar and Cleopatra.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Put Helena’s Bond CE on! It gives a sizeable powermod bonus to your team vs Assassins which can help with the Barbatos bulli.

I tried that once, turns out the extra 20% from her Bond CE doesn't help that much compared to the 60% Atk buff from Liz. 

Anyways, RIP Barbatos. He gave me like 50 pages for the day I decide to get Sanzang to 10/10/10.

JP news so far seems pretty cool. Kiyo gets an awesome animation update (hopefully I'm still using her to farm when it comes around), and their New Year's paid gacha features Limited Only servants!

There was some other stuff (such as an arcade version of Da Vinci), but it seem the good stuff is being saved for later.

Edit: Oh, and I also got myself a new phone. So I can play FGO properly again! Yay!

Edited by Sire

7 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Counterbully =/= anti-bully. Genny would be disappointed in you.

But I don’t want Illya to be sad!

Which Servant are eating away those pages of yours?

I need them only for skills now; only farmed Hyde Park exactly enough to FA all my servants. I just finished taking Merlin to 9/9/9 so now I need 48 more for Ozy and another 45 for Illya.

I had a very productive Barbatos bulli today despite losing my afternoon to upgrading my phone. Managed to get 125 kills in for 60 ish Pages and Gears plus over 90 babies and 34 hearts.

...Which Merlin got his greedy little hands on almost immediately. Now he needs Lores to be done.

These nodes are very lucrative for QP as well. I stuck a MLB Mona in the backline and got 1M per run. Merlin pretty much paid for himself!

I only have 5 gold apples left. I’ll continue to burn them on Forneus then go back to farming JP. Seeing Ozy do over 600k on a crit is hilarious.

For the people who have a Support Caster with Bond CE; please put them on instead of Lunchtime. That additional stack of damage can make all the difference.
If you don't have the Bond CE Ox-King from Journey to the West is a great alternative.

QFT. PLEASE DO THIS I WILL DROWN YOU ALL IN FP IF YOU DO

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

I tried that once, turns out the extra 20% from her Bond CE doesn't help that much compared to the 60% Atk buff from Liz. 

Well, duh. Helena’s damage amping is pretty terrible all things considered. It’s just another stack of buffs you can put on in tandem with your other supports. It helps Helena especially though because she provides team battery, so if you lack Merlin she’s a solid budget amper. And like Priest said you can always put her on support with her Bond CE and she can get you some FP.

Anyone playing this game on iPhone XR? I’ve been having some stuttering issues and was wondering if there’s a fix. I don’t think it’s a hardware problem because all my other games run smooth.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

JP news so far seems pretty cool. Kiyo gets an awesome animation update (hopefully I'm still using her to farm when it comes around), and their New Year's paid gacha features Limited Only servants!

There was some other stuff (such as an arcade version of Da Vinci), but it seem the good stuff is being saved for later.

Edit: Oh, and I also got myself a new phone. So I can play FGO properly again! Yay!

Tama-cat is also getting an animation update from what I've heard.

Merlin devoured my stuff lol. I only manage to restock 20s of Hearts and Pages

Otoh the proof Pillar is PinnacleCiv. Lancer so i can run Lance and all

I average 5000+ FP every Login which is amusing since for the very first time people love my Lance

Welp, don't know if I need to try for Memelin anymore. Beside the player who had a fully maxed out NP3 version of him, there's now another with a NP5 Merlin on my list. 

And even if I got him, I wasn't able to farm Barbatos all that much, so I'm still starved as far as pages and hearts goes, especially considering I'm planning on pulling on the Caster GSSR for new year. Now watch him appear to make sure I stay in hearts hell forever

Forneus farming is going well. Using a Waver with his Bond CE to buff Jalter and Ozy allows me to 2 turn him, which is much better than the 6-turn at best I got against Barbatos. I do have to switch Waver in after Mash increases Ozy's NP gauge since I'm using Holy Night Supper and Halloween Princess instead of my Kscope to maximize their damage. Aside from the mat drops, all the QP I'm getting from the pillars is also a huge boon. 

Edited by LuxSpes

11 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Well, duh. Helena’s damage amping is pretty terrible all things considered. It’s just another stack of buffs you can put on in tandem with your other supports. It helps Helena especially though because she provides team battery, so if you lack Merlin she’s a solid budget amper. And like Priest said you can always put her on support with her Bond CE and she can get you some FP.

Not like it matters now that Barbatos is dead, but the main reason I didn't use Helena outside of the trial run with her bond CE was because I couldn't spare a slot for her on my setup. I certainly put her with the bond CE in my support party as soon as I got it everyone in my friend list only cares about my Rin face, though

In any case, Helena is putting more work now that I'm farming Forneus thanks to a very good comp I made while looking for an Ozy support that never showed up (Ridertoki/Rider Martha/NP2 Support Drake at bond 9/Helena). Drake's crits hurt a lot so it's extremely easy to 1~2 turn the pillar. Liz probably gives bigger buffs despite Ridertoki not getting the extra 20% from her Charisma but Helena's lower star weight makes her more reliable to ensure Drake gets at least a 90% crit chance.

18 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Not like it matters now that Barbatos is dead, but the main reason I didn't use Helena outside of the trial run with her bond CE was because I couldn't spare a slot for her on my setup. I certainly put her with the bond CE in my support party as soon as I got it everyone in my friend list only cares about my Rin face, though

In any case, Helena is putting more work now that I'm farming Forneus thanks to a very good comp I made while looking for an Ozy support that never showed up (Ridertoki/Rider Martha/NP2 Support Drake at bond 9/Helena). Drake's crits hurt a lot so it's extremely easy to 1~2 turn the pillar. Liz probably gives bigger buffs despite Ridertoki not getting the extra 20% from her Charisma but Helena's lower star weight makes her more reliable to ensure Drake gets at least a 90% crit chance.

If you're looking for a Bond 9 Ozy, I have a spot open on my friend list. ID is 292,726,441(Lux).

Meanwhile, I did like 10 runs of Barbatos just for the giggles then parked my ass into Sabnock. 200+ runs, only 22 Gallstones ><

And congrats to everyone who rolled the Meme Wizard! I was not interested in him so skipped this gacha - after a big spending in babylon2 :P

please Sabnock, just 4 more Galstones so Quetz can be maxed!!!

@Sire
Don't you have Golden Sumo or Ox-King? If you have them you could try this for general Nine Lives spam:
Herc (Golden Sumo) - Nightingale (Ox-King) - Support Waver (preferably Ox-King or Bond CE)
That was my setup for Barbatos before I got Merlin (who replaced Nightingale). Since it's Herc we're talking about it should work on all nodes.

-----

I managed to do a bit more than 100 runs on Barbatos. Thankfully it was enough to get Merlin, Ozymandias and Ushiwakamaru to 9/9/9 but I have no Pages or Gears in my stash now. Guess I have to wait a bit before I can max. ascend Caster Gil.

Meanwhile I moved on to Flauros for the complete Tekkadan annihilation (as we killed Gusion with Barbatos). 107 runs in, with 23 Gold apples remaining and 120+ Proofs earned. Don't know if I want to go all-in since I also need Horseshoes and Medals (though the drop rates for them are a bit worse and I don't need the other mats) and the next event is going to be Moon Goddess rerun.

... so how bad is that event? Apparently it was pretty awful.

Edited by Magus of Memery

31 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

@Sire
Don't you have Golden Sumo or Ox-King? If you have them you could try this for general Nine Lives spam:
Herc (Golden Sumo) - Nightingale (Ox-King) - Support Waver (preferably Ox-King or Bond CE)
That was my setup for Barbatos before I got Merlin (who replaced Nightingale). Since it's Herc we're talking about it should work on all nodes.

-----

I managed to do a bit more than 100 runs on Barbatos. Thankfully it was enough to get Merlin, Ozymandias and Ushiwakamaru to 9/9/9 but I have no Pages or Gears in my stash now. Guess I have to wait a bit before I can max. ascend Caster Gil.

Meanwhile I moved on to Flauros for the complete Tekkadan annihilation (as we killed Gusion with Barbatos). 107 runs in, with 23 Gold apples remaining and 120+ Proofs earned. Don't know if I want to go all-in since I also need Horseshoes and Medals (though the drop rates for them are a bit worse and I don't need the other mats) and the next event is going to be Moon Goddess rerun.

... so how bad is that event? Apparently it was pretty awful.

I don't know. It's a Lite Rerun, so it shouldn't be as bad as the first go-around? I didn't start playing seriously until just this summer. But since it's only two exchange items, it seems like it'd be easier?

Moon Goddess first run made me start to play less for a while.  It's an awful event, 5 ap was the best node to farm currency for whatever reason, CE prices were huge, gold currency was pointless.

Rerun apparently fixes the 5 ap hell and gold currency thing, but I think it still demands huge amounts of currency.  

So Flauros just died...I couldn't farm that pillar because my Saber line up isn't very good (1/1/1 Brave Liz is too weak to 2~3 turn the pillar). Oh well, I'll miss the claws but it's not that big of a deal.

What worries me is that Sabnock is going to die before Forneus at this rate and I seriously need the Gold archer gems because I only have 4 of them.

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

So Flauros just died...I couldn't farm that pillar because my Saber line up isn't very good (1/1/1 Brave Liz is too weak to 2~3 turn the pillar). Oh well, I'll miss the claws but it's not that big of a deal.

What worries me is that Sabnock is going to die before Forneus at this rate and I seriously need the Gold archer gems because I only have 4 of them.

get to it! Gems drop rather frequently, along with QP. I've mostly been after the QP and some mats. Gallstones are really stingy though.

It sucks that the Pillars are dying at such a fast rate. There may be some interference instead of natural progression where there are spikes in the numbers of Pillars slain. I wouldn't mind it, but it seems awfully early to rig the numbers. If they are truly being rigged, then we are missing out on getting precious materials.

... Also I a bit salty that the cursed Caster node with its Buster Down debuff wasn't the 2nd to go down. I was farming Flauros on my own and was content since fighting the Caster node was annoying for NP strats. Saberock looks like the 3rd one to go down as well, and it had materials I wanted to farm too...

Well, Sabernock bites the dust. That was awfully fast, considering Flauros just died hours ago.
Apparently they are rigging the numbers on the Demon Pillars (someone made a tracker for the kill rates) which is ... premature to say the least. We have more than enough time unless they are afraid people stop playing because of Christmas.

Welp, Tekkadan is now truly dead, so to Horseshoe hell I go. Kill Forneus for me pls, so I can switch out Medea for moar buffs.

Welp, Forneus is now dead which means that Martha will be able to take a rest now. Time to make Ishtar crit Andromalius to death! (I know Kuro is more reliable but mine is 1/1/1 and I like my not-so-useless goddess more).