Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Out of the nodes left, only saber is interesting.

Carry me, Artoria.

Pity she only does ~600k, so I still need Herc next to her rather than swapping Herc out for Jack for bond points. Ah well, 4 units building bond isn't bad. (If only she had 2 more bond levels...)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some iTunes cards for Christmas, promptly bought some quartz with the intent of using the "paid" ones on GSSR and the "free" ones to roll for Merlin.

The plan worked, somehow.  Got Merlin on the 10 roll I did with the bonus quartz.  So now my Chaldea has glorious troll Onii-chan and aside from Fou's (I spent the last of those on Nursery Rhyme, who makes better use of them anyway since she's offensive) he's ready to go now.  Will probably leave him on support for a while before letting Alexander come back.

Hmm... turns out Jack's damage isn't too bad compared to Herc's---I don't get a one turn kill if the Quick Debuff's on her, but that should be going away pretty quickly. And I do get a one turn kill if the Quick Debuff isn't on her. The fact that she has a quick up compared to Herc's Atk up (and a bigger one at that), catches up a lot of the .9 vs. 1.1 modifier disadvantage and the 1.5 class advantage thing Herc has.

Because it was Christmas I couldn't play F/GO all day but I'll continue destroying Andromalius after a rest. I was using Ishtar because 450k~500k Buster crits is just too good but Arjuna reached bond 7 so he's more consistent when it comes to damage (his NP deals 350k vs Ishtar's 200k) even if his deck is bad.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Because it was Christmas I couldn't play F/GO all day but I'll continue destroying Andromalius after a rest. I was using Ishtar because 450k~500k Buster crits is just too good but Arjuna reached bond 7 so he's more consistent when it comes to damage (his NP deals 350k vs Ishtar's 200k) even if his deck is bad.

But did you get C!Eirika?

*runs

Only got 15 runs on Halphas because midway through I realized one thing; Andromalius drops Dust. Give it to me!

At this pace we're going to be done with the raids tomorrow.
... not that I mind I already lost my sanity after using most of my apples on Pillar slaying (only 5 Golden ones left) for 500+ runs in total and I have about 20+ Rank-Up quests to do. Some Ember grinding for Merlin and the 3* leftovers as well.

@Sire
I think you can add eclipse to the casualties inactive members (34 days).
In addition I'm running out of space on my FL so I have to insist on notifying me first. I don't want to click away your requests after all.

Still no Merlin for me, but maybe something will happen before the banner expires. (I think all of my luck ended up in Dragalia Lost. I got two 2 5* Star adventurers and two 5* Dragons. I even ended up getting a duplicate 5* character [Christmas Cleo], as well as a duplicate of Christmas Nefaria who is a 4*. I just started, so I don't know if its beginner's luck or what.)

I'm waiting for the end of Part 1. I have an idea of the ending, but can't wait to experience it myself. I may have to try and bring out Georgios to the final battle since I usually have him benched since DPS is best. I'm also probably bringing along Herc, because I raised him for this very Singularity (and because he's Herc). Berserker has been saving my butt this entire Singularity, and he'll probably do so again for the finale.

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs

Spoiler

If I missed anyone, need to make a correction, or remove you from the list, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

Note that I (Sire) do not play the JP version, so I will not know the in game names.

[UPDATE LOG - December 28th, 2018]
-- eclipse has been moved to Inactive Members (NA)
-- The Priest has changed names to Magus of Memery.
-- Magus of Memery has requested notifications if adding as a friend in FGO.
-- Added a new category "Forum Posters." These are members who frequently post in this topic and still have friend slots open.
-- Corrected a spelling error: Magnus -> Magus
-- Added N30's JP Account.

Forum Posters (NA)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Magus of Memery  - 863,169,679 (Ren) Note: Please notify Magus of Memery if adding as a friend in FGO.
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
LuxSpes -  292,726,441 (Lux)
Alexmender - 423,824,954 (Alexmender)

Active Members (NA)
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
Mister Rogers - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Scoot -  999,540,146 (Nat)
Troykv - 370,389,828 (Micky) Note: Please notify Troykv if adding as a friend in FGO.
Necrofantasia - 025,447,171 (Jules) Note: Please notify Necrofantasia if adding as a friend in FGO.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friends List Capped (NA)
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

Inactive Members (NA)
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)

JP IDs
Glaceon Mage -  278 184 018 // Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
N30 -  555 282 304

Edited by Sire
Added N30 JP ID

12 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

But did you get C!Eirika?

*runs

That...the banner lasts for a while so I'll have her sooner or later.

- - - - 

So yeah, I think I burned some luck with this:

Spoiler

IPdaYTl.png

I forgot how many Lanugos Musashi needs so I'll try to get up to 50 of them before Andromalius falls.

43 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

That...the banner lasts for a while so I'll have her sooner or later.

- - - - 

So yeah, I think I burned some luck with this:

Reveal hidden contents

IPdaYTl.png

I forgot how many Lanugos Musashi needs so I'll try to get up to 50 of them before Andromalius falls.

Ms. Musashi only needs 45 in total (just skills, she doesn't need any for max. ascension).
That being said Lanugos are going to be the least of your problems.

Spoiler

She needs 48 Dust and 44 Proofs for each of her skills.
Why do you think I'm farming like a drug addict to get those mats?

@Sire Thank you for continued effort.
... though who is this Magnus you're speaking of?

Edited by Magus of Memery

Global and KR are falling behind hard on these raids. Intern-kun’s bots are the only ones playing on the latter server right now.

There’s no doubt that we’ll finish before time runs out, but it’s funny thinking how fast JP powered through them (3 days I recall) but we’re taking much longer despite Clairvoyance EX.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Global and KR are falling behind hard on these raids. Intern-kun’s bots are the only ones playing on the latter server right now.

There’s no doubt that we’ll finish before time runs out, but it’s funny thinking how fast JP powered through them (3 days I recall) but we’re taking much longer despite Clairvoyance EX.

Sadly, Clairvoyance EX does nothing against grind fatigue and people running out of apples.

Korea is looking like a sinking ship with all the summoning rates drama (entirely justified if you ask me, reducing rates is a dick move) so no surprises there.

- - - - 

Anyways, I'm done grinding Andro. Ishtar reached bond 6 alongside other 3~4 SR units which means a few more SQ to not get Musashi. Turns out I'm short on Hero Proofs why did I ignore Flauros!? so I'll go and farm them in Okeanos while the bots destroy the pillar.

2 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

Wow that's scary if the already low rates are even lower. Worldwide FGO management is odd.

KR server is managed by a company apparently known for being shifty (Netmarble).

Global's issues are more PR complications than much else, that possibly stem from JP bias from the developers, since Global and JP are managed by the same company.

20 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Well, I'm pretty sure JP has
1. a bigger playerbase (based on downloads)
2. more fanatics
3. more apples (extended maintenance being a thing over there)
There is also the thing that they didn't know about the drop so everyone was probably farming a random pillar before ripping Barbatos apart like a shredder. I don't think they had any kill switches like us to complete the raids either.

Though I can kick back now because I killed 600+ pillars. I've done my part, get moving, mongrels.

14 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

KR server is managed by a company very well known for being shifty (Netmarble).

Fixed that for ya.
Let Netmarble touch anything and it will rot from the inside out and then give everyone incurable cancer.
They even tried to justifiy the SR rate change by blaming it on DW. Guess how many Koreans actually bought into their defense. What's this? Their bots just killed all the pillars for them.
It has gotten that bad over there and it's reasonable to assume that KR server will shutdown at this rate.

Edited by Magus of Memery

I like how the final singularity was designed, fight-wise. The turn one 'wipe the front line' thing is obviously designed to make the average player use up his 3 command seals for the fight, and then the fight afterwards is downgraded in difficulty to compensate for the fact that you don't have command seals for that fight.

You could cheese the front-line wipe with Skill/NP seals, guts, etc. of course, but the command seal option is the nice catchall for people who don't want to.

(The evade spamming fight was annoying as hell, though. I went in blind and didn't bring Drake since I wanted a bit of bond, so the fight took ~20 turns since Jack only got to remove buffs once before exploding, so I could only do damage if I used my Mystic Code's stun the turn before.)

The final rounds was rough. First time around I got unlucky and the boss had a sliver of health left. Instead of using my Command Seals, I just withdrew and restarted the fight with some minor adjustments. The finale itself was a bit easier, but that may be because I had Jalter around to seal buffs.

Herc ended up saving my butt for the finale.  (Sure, he got screwed over for my first fight, but disregard that.) I ended up not using Georgios, but maybe his time to shine will come later.

Also, here's something to watch after completing Part One. I found it originally linked on FGO's Reddit. // Edit: Just watched it. I teared up a little...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQQBqx99IEM

As for my story thoughts...

Spoiler

It was nice. I knew about Romani, Mash, and Fou, but it was interesting to know how everything actually turned out.

I was wondering if Fou would still stick around, and Fou technically still is. However, Fou's original personality is now gone. Cath Palug's sacrifice to revive Mash is probably what hit me the most since I didn't really know too much about it.

I'm gonna miss the Doc. While the impact wasn't there since I had Clairvoyance, I'm still gonna miss the guy. The fan works have me missing him more than the in-game stuff. I sincerely hope he comes back in Part 2 somehow as an ally. (While I think there may be a possibility of being pitted against a Lostbelt Chaldea, I don't think my heart could take it. Fighting Romani, Olga, and maybe Galahad is not something I particularly want to do...)

Mash is Mash. While I also had some Clairvoyance for Mash, it didn't hit me as hard as I thought it would. I know the game pushes for Master x Mash and I support that in "actual canon," I personally am not that too attached to Mash. That being said, the cutscene mimicking the first battle in where she blocks Saber Alter's NP was pretty cool.
- - - - -
My biggest question is the lead in to EoR and Part II. It seems to me Part II happens almost immediately after Part I since the Mage Association is coming to Chaldea. So, when exactly does the Epic of Remnant take place? 

Edited by Sire
Raindrops keep falling on my head...

?

Spoiler

That scene where Mash sacrifices herself...I couldn't stop sniffling. I also don't like they got rid of Roman. It makes sense due to story, but I liked him. And thus the trend of characters that I like end up getting killed off continues. We won't even get to get him in Solomon form due to his "erasure". But still, by far one of the best stories I've had the fortune of playing through on mobile.

Well, time to farm up sq for my chances at Arthur. That'll keep me a bit busy until KH3 comes out.

4 hours ago, silverserpent said:

?

Reveal hidden contents

That scene where Mash sacrifices herself...I couldn't stop sniffling. I also don't like they got rid of Roman. It makes sense due to story, but I liked him. And thus the trend of characters that I like end up getting killed off continues. We won't even get to get him in Solomon form due to his "erasure". But still, by far one of the best stories I've had the fortune of playing through on mobile.

Well, time to farm up sq for my chances at Arthur. That'll keep me a bit busy until KH3 comes out.

For people only following Global server, sometime in the next year would be a good time to watch the Moonlight/Lostroom OAV, as it's a bridge between Part 1 (which we just finished) and Part 2 (which we'll probably get in about a year).  There's one minor spoiler for Epic of Remanent (our story content for the next year) in the OAV that I remember, but otherwise it doesn't really touch on those chapters.

Spoiler

Kind of big spoilers for the OAV in here.  If you want to watch the OAV unspoiled, do that first.

Spoiler

Specifically regarding what you mentioned about Solomon not existing, there's an after-credits scene in the OAV showing someone taking one of Solomon's rings from the throne you see at the end of part 1.  This means we're probably going to see Solomon again at least, as without all of his rings there, Ars Nova isn't complete, and Solomon still exists somehow.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi