Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

16 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

For people only following Global server, sometime in the next year would be a good time to watch the Moonlight/Lostroom OAV, as it's a bridge between Part 1 (which we just finished) and Part 2 (which we'll probably get in about a year).  There's one minor spoiler for Epic of Remanent (our story content for the next year) in the OAV that I remember, but otherwise it doesn't really touch on those chapters.

Hide contents

Kind of big spoilers for the OAV in here.  If you want to watch the OAV unspoiled, do that first.

Hide contents

Specifically regarding what you mentioned about Solomon not existing, there's an after-credits scene in the OAV showing someone taking one of Solomon's rings from the throne you see at the end of part 1.  This means we're probably going to see Solomon again at least, as without all of his rings there, Ars Nova isn't complete, and Solomon still exists somehow.

Spoiler

if this is indeed true, I will be insanely pleased. Roman didn't deserve to commit suicide. He's too adorkable.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have completed Solomon half asleep so I have a bunch of story questions.

Spoiler
  • The entire world was frozen during the story?
  • So Goetia was using Solomon's body the entire time?
  • Are Demon Pillars the same thing as Beasts?
  • What even is a beast?
  • If Fou was a Beast all along how come he didn't help out earlier?
  • What makes the Epic of Remnant, epic?

1 hour ago, Jingle Bells said:
  • Spoiler

• What even is a beast?

From what I understood:

Spoiler
  1.  yeah, as far as most people are aware, it's like they went to sleep in 2015/2017 and woke up then it was suddenly 2017/2019
  2. Yeah, he was.  He hijacked Solomon's corpse after Solomon died.
  3. The Demon Pillars are a part of Goetia, who is Beast I.   Their collective is a beast, but individually they are not.
  4. World ending calamity thingy
  5. Fou is basically a larval beast.  He's not full on Primate Murder (like in Tsukihime related timelines) because Merlin is a bro.
  6. idk I haven't actually read it.

2 hours ago, Jingle Bells said:

I have completed Solomon half asleep so I have a bunch of story questions.

Hide contents
  • What even is a beast?

Spoiler

Beasts are the manifestation of the sins of humanity, and will attempt to destroy humanity once they fully manifest.  They're essentially natural disasters that exist because humans are humans, and gain power as human civilization advances.  IIRC, a fully manifested Beast will try to remove what they perceive as flaws in humanity, creating a new "Humanity".  For example, Goetia pitied the current human existence, so he tried to remove the concept of Death from humanity so that they wouldn't be pitiable.  However, if a Beast is successful, human civilization will inevitably stagnate and cease advancing, causing the World to abandon that timeline.

Fou didn't help out because he didn't care to assist humanity.  He's a Beast that isn't fully manifested, so while he wasn't going to attack us, he doesn't really have any inclination to help humanity.  He only helped out at the end because Mash's sacrifice moved him to sympathize with us and realize that his existence as a Beast was unnecessary.  If he had fully manifested as Beast IV, it's likely he would have gone against Chaldea.

I'm not sure if EoR should be taken to mean the story is epic.  I think that they're just using Epic as in a long story (like the Epic of Gilgamesh), if they didn't just choose it because it sounded cool.

oh boi lore. I like lore
@YotsuMaboroshi

Spoiler

Dude don't hold yer breath. I don't think the dude at the end of the Moonlight/Lostroom OVA is exactly Solomon. All we know about him is that he took a ring and presumeably left (and is maybe the hooded figure we see in the opening of Cosmos in the Lostbelt)

@Jingle Bells Glaceon and Yotsu have already answered your questions, I'll drop in some additional information

Spoiler

Along with what Yotsu has stated, Beasts are enemies that humanity must overcome as well. As Gilgamesh stated in Salomon, there already has been at least one world where the calamities (read: Beasts) have been unleashed unto the world. Keep in mind, Goetia's plan has been tried before and has failed in the Tsukihime timeline according to Arceuid in Melty Blood. Who? By his alternate self (The Original Sin (which is indirectly revealed to be him through the description of Ars Almadel Salomanis) and Dust of Osiris.)

An epic by definition is "a long poem, typically one derived from ancient oral tradition, narrating the deeds and adventures of heroic or legendary figures or the history of a nation." In this case, replace poem with story and you get the idea.
Epic of Remnant is story of the remaining Demon Pillars that escaped from Salomon and pursue their own ends. By the way, gudaguda2 doesn't count for EoR.

So this thread exists. Nice.

I’m a relatively new player (started around early December or so), and so far I’m level 89 and at Camelot thanks to the fact that I joined during the time that AP halfed. I’m so far pretty impressed with the game and enjoying myself. My only gripes are that materials are annoying as hell to collect, and the summoning rates are pretty unkind though I was aware of such. I also really want Medea but she won’t come home. Even Merlin showed up before her.

My friend code is 897,617,159. Feel free to hit me up though just me know who you are in case your ign differs. 

Also unpopular opinion: I liked Septem.

3 hours ago, N30 said:

oh boi lore. I like lore
@YotsuMaboroshi

Hide contents

Dude don't hold yer breath. I don't think the dude at the end of the Moonlight/Lostroom OVA is exactly Solomon. All we know about him is that he took a ring and presumeably left (and is maybe the hooded figure we see in the opening of Cosmos in the Lostbelt)

Spoiler

From a meta-viewpoint, the scene is obviously designed to encourage speculation that Solomon isn't as gone as part 1 claims.  The hand had the same skin color that Solomon has, and a missing ring was already used to indicate that Goetia-Solomon wasn't the real Solomon (his tenth ring was silver while the rest were gold, according to an interview this was because having only nine rings made the plot too easy to guess).

It's not too hard to see why the most common theory is that Solomon took one of his gifts back, rendering Ars Nova incomplete.

1 minute ago, Magus of Memery said:

What update did he get to warrant such praise?

Remember that fantastic 12 turn taunt?

Its now 9 turn taunt with 30% battery added

His Np gain is still problematic, but it was always on an acceptable ish side with Clairvoyance Beauty. On the other side, now he unironically fits very nicely on a proper arts team with his teamwide NP gain boost, and a cycled dodge that gives him battery and team protection

10 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Remember that fantastic 12 turn taunt?

Its now 9 turn taunt with 30% battery added

His Np gain is still problematic, but it was always on an acceptable ish side with Clairvoyance Beauty. On the other side, now he unironically fits very nicely on a proper arts team with his teamwide NP gain boost, and a cycled dodge that gives him battery and team protection

So it's on a 7 turn CD at max. level. That's ... actually pretty good with the added NP charge. In fact it fixes his biggest problems, namely having bad NP gain and not being able use that taunt of his often enough. Guess he is a decent Support Lancer now.

Damn, until the very end 2018 is killing memes (though no Muramasa or Old Li).

EDIT:
Can we have that CD reduction on Helena pls?

Edited by Magus of Memery

The other strengthenings are for Kiyohime, Tamamo Cat and Casko.

• Kiyohime's Morph now amplifies Burn damage.
  • Tama Cat's Witchcraft also applies Invincibility for herself (1 time).
  • Tamamo's Witchcraft additionally applies increased NP strength for 3 turns (max. 30%) to all party members except herself.

That Tamamo buff is insane.

@Magus of Memery 

Spoiler

I've read that Clocktower 2015 takes place in the Tsukihime timeline, so that counts for that. However, it was also noted that Lev still killed himself in the Fate worlds which implies that him committing suicide to stop his other 2 personalities from being shitheads and to prevent Goetia's plan into coming to full fruition is what is supposed to happen.

ngl this new saber loli is pretty fucking based

Welp, its official. No Merlin for me.  Abandon hope all ye who enter here. There is no Merlin. There is no Avalon. The King of Mages was right! Humanity should be incinerated!

*cough*

Anyways, I tried using Jan's Summon Tickets for Merlin. Needless to say, the attempt failed and I got nothing of value. If you still want to try for Merlin, try to get the Summoning Tickets before the banner itself expires!

The Tamamos and Kiyo buffs look nice. Now just to wait for them to come to NA...

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Meanwhile Cumhaill got slightly better.

I wouldn’t exactly call becoming one of the best SRs in the game quite literally overnight “slightly better” but ok.

Salt lies herein:

Spoiler

Rolled GSSR. Got Scathach and Amakusa in the same roll.

Decided to roll tickets for Gil. Got Ozy. Ok. A few 10 rolls and nothing.

I’ll save the rest of my SQ for Enma, gonna be a painful wait though.

Also, Assassin Li has a complete datamine now. This suggests he’ll be summonable soon, like King Hassan. Stuffs:

Spoiler

QAABB deck, 0.99 base gain

1 turn invul pierce and 100% crit damage, 5 CD

1 turn star absorb, dodge, and 15 starburst, 6 CD

1 turn 30% Atk Up and 3 turns 20% Attack up, 6 CD (?)

NP is 1 hit Arts with 20% Def Down before damage at OC 1

Needless to say, very, very good.

The new Saber, Enma, is also an amazing Arts support. Her DPS isn’t stellar, but her niche vs Chaotic and Evil servants is quite deadly. I need her.

NA GSSR soon (?).

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I wouldn’t exactly call becoming one of the best SRs in the game quite literally overnight “slightly better” but ok.

Even with another strengthening I still don't think Fionn is one of the best SRs.  He still needs tons of investment to prevent his taunt from killing himself, still has a large cooldown.

No Musashi announcement whatsoever, I swear if it comes tomorrow....C'mon, I just want to throw some money at the gacha and not get my dual wielding waifu!

But seriously, it's odd that there's absolutely no news about the New Years stuff. I need to know if the GSSR is going to be there to see if I'll try my luck to get a Waver/Tamamo we all know I'd get NP2 Sanzang and then use the remaining SQ on Musashi.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Even with another strengthening I still don't think Fionn is one of the best SRs.  He still needs tons of investment to prevent his taunt from killing himself, still has a large cooldown.

I don’t think anyone says Emiya Archer is bad because he needs a lot of investment to work, so that shouldn’t apply to Fionn either.

And his taunt’s cooldown is actually what you’d expect now. Dodges are usually on 6 CD, so the taunt just adds one more to the cooldown. Perfectly reasonable tradeoff for not only blocking ST NPs but also charging his NP gauge. For the CD it’s overloaded as heck.

Yeah. Fionn’s super strong now. Far from the meme that he used to be.

Welp this holiday season was pretty lucky for me.

After getting Merlin from a Christmas yolo pull, I got Musashi from a New Year yolo pull. I also got my NP3 Helena from that pull, who's sadly is still at level 1 and probably will remain for a while since I have 3 SSRs in need of attention since I also got Tamamo as my GSSR.

Though I now have to deal with the "first-world problem" of having too many SRs and SSRs that need pages and hearts. Now I curse even more my inability to farm Barbatos efficiently. I guess I'll have to spend a long while in Hyde Park for the pages and wait for events for the hearts. Though apparently Shinjuku has a better spot than Hyde Park for pages and even has a spot for hearts, so I may spend some time grinding there. 

Further tried for Merlin. *Despair Intensifies* // rip Tickets and 20 Quartz from New Years. Why must all of my luck go to Dragalia Lost? I wanna Merlin and FGO stuffs, damnit!

If I'm lucky, maybe Ishtar will take pity on me and show up when I toss what fragments I have her way. It's no treasury of Babylon, but she'll remember our antics in the singularity. Right? Right?... // Then there is Gramps whom I will have nothing for. King Hassan, I have failed you. Then there is also...
- Mysterious Heroine X Alter in February
- Arthur (Prototype) in March
- Archer Artoria in July
- Maid Artoria Alter and Illya in August
- Bryn, Merlin, and the Artorias in September
- Ishtar and King Hassan in November
- Eresh in December

Help. I don't have enough quartz for all of this...

- - - - -
As for the guaranteed summon, while I would like to do so, I am unsure about current funds. Best of luck to those who do toss money at the banner to get who you want!