Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I do singles roll on the Story gacha from time to time just to see if I get lucky. I managed to snag a Gorgon that way and at the very least, it will actually give me a chance of getting more copies of Bedivire or Jaguar Warrior. 

Though I can understand why people usually say to keep your quarz for rate up banners. In NA, we can know in advance the banners for the next two years, so if you want a specific story locked servant, it's probably better to save your quartz for those specific rate ups since even you roll a gold servant in the story gacha, it's not guaranteed to be a story-locked servant. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for the advice everyone!

I’m getting close of getting 30 saint quartz, and I was wondering which banner I should pull from. I was thinking the Edmond banner because he’s from a unique class(but I know the chances of getting him are literally next to 0), but maybe but I was thinking of looking for a support party member and I’ve heard that Hans Christian Andersen is a great support unit despite being a 2 stat, almost as good as Caster Gilgamesh.

But man, I love the fact that there is a permanent fodder banner, maybe FE Heroes should do something like that.

And I like her and all, but Da Vinci’s voice is getting a bit...grating. 

If you want a storylocked 3* you’re better off saving rolls for class gachas.  If you want a storylocked 4* or 5* you’re better off rolling on their rateups.  NA likes to run singularity banners to fill time anyway.

you can do some Yolo on story gacha from time to time but beyond that it’s just not worth it.  The chances are too abysmal.  Getting a specific 3* from story gacha is harder than getting a specific shared rate up 4*.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Say is it better just to summon with 3 quartz or wait to have 30? 

It’s just, their stingy with free quartz. They really want us to buy quartz don’t they?

If you are summoning for a 4* CE, 10 roll.  

If you’re summoning for anything else, it doesn’t actually matter as far as I’m aware.

35 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

If you are summoning for a 4* CE, 10 roll.  

If you’re summoning for anything else, it doesn’t actually matter as far as I’m aware.

Really? I got enough Craft Essences as it is. In a single roll I got two 5 star CE- Limit/Zero Order and Heaven’s Feel and I have six 4 star CE- such as The Imaginary Element and Holy Shroud of Magdalene.

I think I’m good enough for a while.

10 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Really? I got enough Craft Essences as it is. In a single roll I got two 5 star CE- Limit/Zero Order and Heaven’s Feel and I have six 4 star CE- such as The Imaginary Element and Holy Shroud of Magdalene.

I think I’m good enough for a while.

You can't reaslly say you have "enough" craft essence before you have all of Kaleidoscope, Black Grail(preferably 5 copy), 2 copy of Fragment of 2030, and  5-15 copy of The Imaginary Element, and

But yeah Craft Essence is kind of a crapshoot, most people runs the ones from event(i'd reccomend if your playintg all the way NOT to miss Golden Sumo when it returns in Onigashima, its the single most generally useful Craft Essence ever printed in the history of the game) since the good ones from gachas are kinda harsh to get

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You can't reaslly say you have "enough" craft essence before you have all of Kaleidoscope, Black Grail(preferably 5 copy), 2 copy of Fragment of 2030, and  5-15 copy of The Imaginary Element, and

But yeah Craft Essence is kind of a crapshoot, most people runs the ones from event(i'd reccomend if your playintg all the way NOT to miss Golden Sumo when it returns in Onigashima, its the single most generally useful Craft Essence ever printed in the history of the game) since the good ones from gachas are kinda harsh to get

Yeah, but I’m still in the Jeanne D’arc part. It think I don’t need as much now. I certainly want more of the CE Imaginary Element, so I hopefully I’ll have the luck to roll more.

Speaking of luck and rolls, I got Edmond from his banner. Dear god and the chances a less than 1%. How did a rookie like me get him? And it was a Yolo roll of all things. And I know it’s the same artist from Danganronpa, but damn Edmond looks a lot like Komaeda. Even the color scheme is the same, white hair and green clothes!

And for those that are curious, my current party is Siegfried, Proto Lancer and Edmond, and if she’s available I replace Proto Lancer/Edmond for Jeanne. I keep Siegfried because there are a lot of Dragons and he’s being really useful, Marie and Mozart are useful and all but Jeanne is just to good to replace her with either of them. And this is just a pet peeve of mine, but why are Wyvern considered Riders? Isn’t Beserker more fitting for a raging Dragon? Then again I get feeling I’m going to see more monsters in classes that doesn’t make sense.

Edited by Water Mage

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yeah, but I’m still in the Jeanne D’arc part. It think I don’t need as much now. I certainly want more of the CE Imaginary Element, so I hopefully I’ll have the luck to roll more.

Speaking of luck and rolls, I got Edmond from his banner. Dear god and the chances a less than 1%. How did a rookie like me get him?

And for those that are curious, my current party is Siegfried, Proto Lancer and Edmond, and if she’s available I replace Proto Lancer/Edmond for Jeanne. I keep Siegfried because there are a lot of Dragons and he’s being really useful, Marie and Mozart are useful and all but Jeanne is just to good to replace her with either of them. And this is just a pet peeve of mine, but why are Wyvern considered Riders? Isn’t Beserker more fitting for a raging Dragon? Then again I get feeling I’m going to see more monsters in classes that doesn’t make sense.

EDIT: Argh, I’m sorry for the double post.

Edited by Water Mage

Speaking of luck and rolls, I got Edmond from his banner. Dear god and the chances a less than 1%. How did a rookie like me get him?

Believe it or not theres a lore reason for Rider Dragon

The skill Riding in lore are meant to represent how good the skill owner are at riding things, the higher the better. Its noted that a ussual riding is unable to ride dragonkinds making them the pinnacle of Riding abilities. If i read it correctly Dragon Riders all have A++ or EX which is unrankable or above the rating scale

Yeah its all luck. Dantes is one of the best dudes in JP atm, but hes much weaker in NA. A free pickable Gacha craft essence from Chaldea Boys on April is a notable improvement for him and in a year or so Dantes jumps all the way to a meta damage funnel once Skadi and his NP upgrade are released into the game

Congratulations for Edmond!

From what I remember, the main reason  why the Dragon kinds can be seen as Riders is because they can be used as mounts though it's quite exceptional. Usually you need an another ability other than Riding to ride them but there are 2 Rider Servants (Saint Martha and Quetzalcoalt  I think) who can ride them due to lore reasons.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:57 AM, Water Mage said:

So I’m not the only person who feels this way. The fact that Da Vinci WON’T SHUT UP every damn time I go to Enhace or Shop (made worse by the fact that the UI is kinda wonky and you can end up right where you started if you’re careless resulting in Da Vinci blathering even more) is the sole reason I actually turned off voices in the game. Kind of a shame because there’s a few voices I really like to listen to such as Ozymandias, Marie Antoinette, Umu-chan, and so forth, but such annoyances can really be the deal breaker for me. 

Da Vinci otherwise is otherwise alright, she’ll be a bit more involved when you further progress in the story. Btw congrats on your Dantes pull!

Thanks again guys! Edmond has been really useful but he’s a bit a glass cannon. I’m trying see if I put on the front team or on the support team. I gotta admit I was really caught of guard when he first attacked because he fights like a DBZ character. Seriously, it looks just like the way a DBZ character fight.

And I’m really ashamed that I as a Fate series fan did not recognize that EMIYA(Assassin) is Kiritsugu! How did it not hit me? I mean it fits perfectly for him!

On 25.1.2019 at 11:57 AM, Water Mage said:

8 hours ago, Silverly said:

So I’m not the only person who feels this way. The fact that Da Vinci WON’T SHUT UP every damn time I go to Enhace or Shop (made worse by the fact that the UI is kinda wonky and you can end up right where you started if you’re careless resulting in Da Vinci blathering even more) is the sole reason I actually turned off voices in the game.

You poor fools. There is no escape. She even sings both opening songs for F/GO.

14 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

I just found a certain spoiler about Da Vinci and the problem might get better or worse

Da Vinci was killed in a recent arc, but she had back up body, a child version back up body. Prepare for high pitched Da Vinci

Edited by Water Mage

2 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

She's also Shiki, Jeanne, Jalter and Alexander.

Anyways, I'm pretty certain its fairly common for a lot of people to get annoyed by Da Vinci's shop chatter.  There's a reason Riyo made a comic about gagging Da Vinci after all.  I personally don't really notice her much at this point.

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I just found a certain spoiler about Da Vinci and the problem might get better or worse

Reveal hidden contents

Da Vinci was killed in a recent arc, but she had back up body, a child version back up body. Prepare for high pitched Da Vinci

Spoiler

Loli da Vinci doesn't sound too bad actually.

Then again, I'm in the same boat as @YotsuMaboroshi in that I don't really register Da Vinci's babble anymore, on either server.

So...what is a good place for grinding? I’m in the second fight with Carmilla and she’s kicking my ass. She keeps spamming her Noble Phantasm with the of that vampirism ability.

Sucks that I don’t have a particularly strong Caster.

8 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

So...what is a good place for grinding? I’m in the second fight with Carmilla and she’s kicking my ass. She keeps spamming her Noble Phantasm with the of that vampirism ability.

Grinding in this game is not simple since you'll need to grind in various places depending on what you need. The Daily Quests in Chaldea Gate offer options to grind EXP (Ember Gathering), Ascension Materials (Class Training Grounds) and QP (Treasure Vault). As far as ascension materials are concerned, the Training Grounds are the best place to grind for Gem, Pieces and Monuments, but you often grind other materials from certain Free Quests nodes that appear after you beat certain story quests. I do have to mention that especially for the EXP and QP quests, the Expert level are the most efficient to grind, but you might have trouble doing them currently since you're team is so weak unless you use a support SSR servant to clear them for you. The higher difficulties in the training grounds can also be difficult for beginners, but the Novice and Intermediate difficulties are at least useful to grind for regular gems and pieces.

I use this spreadsheet to know what place is the best to grind specific materials, but it does mention the name of later singularities, even some that are currently JP only if you look in the JP tabs of the spreadsheet. If you really don't want to get spoiled anything, you could list the units you want to level up and what materials you need to level them up and I could look up if there's a way for you to grind them. 

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

Grinding in this game is not simple since you'll need to grind in various places depending on what you need. The Daily Quests in Chaldea Gate offer options to grind EXP (Ember Gathering), Ascension Materials (Class Training Grounds) and QP (Treasure Vault). As far as ascension materials are concerned, the Training Grounds are the best place to grind for Gem, Pieces and Monuments, but you often grind other materials from certain Free Quests nodes that appear after you beat certain story quests. I do have to mention that especially for the EXP and QP quests, the Expert level are the most efficient to grind, but you might have trouble doing them currently since you're team is so weak unless you use a support SSR servant to clear them for you. The higher difficulties in the training grounds can also be difficult for beginners, but the Novice and Intermediate difficulties are at least useful to grind for regular gems and pieces.

I use this spreadsheet to know what place is the best to grind specific materials, but it does mention the name of later singularities, even some that are currently JP only if you look in the JP tabs of the spreadsheet. If you really don't want to get spoiled anything, you could list the units you want to level up and what materials you need to level them up and I could look up if there's a way for you to grind them. 

The Daily Quests is what I was planning, but I wanted to see if there were other methods, oh well.

By the way I’m starting to see why some people prefer Grand Order instead of FE Heroes.

In particular the story is amazing! I’m still in the first singularity, the Jeanne D’arc one, but damm, I really got into it. It also helps that the mascot servants such Altria,   Emiya and Gilgamesh barely play a role in the story. It helps it feel more original. Of course there are those funny moments where you have a servant in your party that plays a role in the story. For example I have Siegfried with me the entire time as he is my first 4 start servant and great against the dragons and it was hilarious when they where desperately looking for Siegfried when he was right there in party. 

Early on I remember grinding the EXP daily to level up my units. Not only it will "powerlevel" your Master Level (which increases max stamina, team limit, and friend limit), it will also help level up your Servants. I recommend using a Jeanne d'Arc support (The Ruler version [Blond], not the Avenger [Silver]), as she can basically solo the highest difficulty by herself. Just watch out for enemy Berserkers and target them first as they will hurt Jeanne. The Dailies are repeatable, it is just you will not get extra Mana Prisms after the first daily clear.

To make this process faster, I recommend the following once you are strong enough...

Spoiler

Sire's Recommendations
- Have at least 2 AoE NP Servants (Arash is amazing, but requires investment and CEs for a 3-turn clear. I recommend focusing on Berserkers first. I used Tamamo Cat and Kiyohime.)
- Equip NP Charge CEs on the AoE NP Servants. (Try to have the charge at least 50%. A MLB Dragon's Meridian CE, The Imaginary Element, and Kaleidoscope are great for this. If you happen to have an Event CE that also gives an additional effect, like Halloween Princess, even better. )
- Use Waver (The Waver should have all three skills unlocked. Ideally, they should be maxed as well. A support Waver is ideal.)

Method 1: 2 AoE Servants + Waver
- Clear out the first wave with normal attacks.
- Buff your team at the start of the second wave, making sure their NPs are charged.
- NP the second and third waves. If enemies remain, clean them up with normal attacks.
== BONUS METHOD: STELLA
-- Arash is a requirement due to his NP. His NP deals massive damage to everything (but lances), and since he dies when using it, it allows the next NP wave clear to join the front lines.
-- Arash can NP Charge himself by 30% if his 3rd skill is maxed. I personally use a MLB Imaginary Element so Waver can charge my other two Servants.
-- Arash nukes the first wave.
-- Follow the directions outlined above (Buff team, NP clear 2nd and 3rd waves)

Notes:
- The Mage Association Uniform (Mystic Code) has a skill where you can instantly charge 20% of a Servant's NP. Obtain and use it for farming!
- Some servants can charge their own NP gauge. Here is a list of them. This can be helpful for NP management.

Leveling up Servants is really useful at it will increase their ATK and HP as well as teach them new skills. However, leveling is bottlenecked by Ascension Materials. One should get a fair amount of mats by doing the story, otherwise its either wait for events or try to grind Free Quest nodes.

Personally, leveling up Servants was my priority when I started as it increased ATK, increased HP, and unlocked skills. I also tended to counter the enemy team when I could, and this got me fairly far. Once the Servants are leveled and ascended, I would start worrying about upgrading skills and figuring out "optimal" CEs.

= = = = =

As for the FGO vs Heroes, yeah, the story in FGO is pretty great. Septem is considered a lowpoint, but if you think the story is good now, I can't wait until you reach Camelot and Babylonia. 

4 hours ago, Sire said:

Early on I remember grinding the EXP daily to level up my units. Not only it will "powerlevel" your Master Level (which increases max stamina, team limit, and friend limit), it will also help level up your Servants. I recommend using a Jeanne d'Arc support (The Ruler version [Blond], not the Avenger [Silver]), as she can basically solo the highest difficulty by herself. Just watch out for enemy Berserkers and target them first as they will hurt Jeanne. The Dailies are repeatable, it is just you will not get extra Mana Prisms after the first daily clear.

To make this process faster, I recommend the following once you are strong enough...

Hide contents

Sire's Recommendations
- Have at least 2 AoE NP Servants (Arash is amazing, but requires investment and CEs for a 3-turn clear. I recommend focusing on Berserkers first. I used Tamamo Cat and Kiyohime.)
- Equip NP Charge CEs on the AoE NP Servants. (Try to have the charge at least 50%. A MLB Dragon's Meridian CE, The Imaginary Element, and Kaleidoscope are great for this. If you happen to have an Event CE that also gives an additional effect, like Halloween Princess, even better. )
- Use Waver (The Waver should have all three skills unlocked. Ideally, they should be maxed as well. A support Waver is ideal.)

Method 1: 2 AoE Servants + Waver
- Clear out the first wave with normal attacks.
- Buff your team at the start of the second wave, making sure their NPs are charged.
- NP the second and third waves. If enemies remain, clean them up with normal attacks.
== BONUS METHOD: STELLA
-- Arash is a requirement due to his NP. His NP deals massive damage to everything (but lances), and since he dies when using it, it allows the next NP wave clear to join the front lines.
-- Arash can NP Charge himself by 30% if his 3rd skill is maxed. I personally use a MLB Imaginary Element so Waver can charge my other two Servants.
-- Arash nukes the first wave.
-- Follow the directions outlined above (Buff team, NP clear 2nd and 3rd waves)

Notes:
- The Mage Association Uniform (Mystic Code) has a skill where you can instantly charge 20% of a Servant's NP. Obtain and use it for farming!
- Some servants can charge their own NP gauge. Here is a list of them. This can be helpful for NP management.

Leveling up Servants is really useful at it will increase their ATK and HP as well as teach them new skills. However, leveling is bottlenecked by Ascension Materials. One should get a fair amount of mats by doing the story, otherwise its either wait for events or try to grind Free Quest nodes.

Personally, leveling up Servants was my priority when I started as it increased ATK, increased HP, and unlocked skills. I also tended to counter the enemy team when I could, and this got me fairly far. Once the Servants are leveled and ascended, I would start worrying about upgrading skills and figuring out "optimal" CEs.

= = = = =

As for the FGO vs Heroes, yeah, the story in FGO is pretty great. Septem is considered a lowpoint, but if you think the story is good now, I can't wait until you reach Camelot and Babylonia. 

You don't actually need STELLA to Waver 3 turn hands.  Plugsuit/Chaldea Combat Uniform works just as well.

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You don't actually need STELLA to Waver 3 turn hands.  Plugsuit/Chaldea Combat Uniform works just as well.

True, but then one loses out on the NP Charge from the Mystic Code and may require more key presses. But yeah, the Chaldea Combat Uniform works as well (I totally didn't forget about it...)

I would edit my post to reflect it, but every time I make an elaborate wordy post the forums hate me and refuse to let me edit it.
For the Plugsuit (Chaldea Combat Uniform) method, just use 3 AoE NP Servants. After the first Servant fires off the NP, swap it out for the other wave clearer. Servants that can charge their own NP (or plenty of Starting NP Charge CEs) are extremely useful here.

I personally like the Arash method since Arash is a 1-star, has an NP Charge skill, and he automatically makes room for the next Servant after he NPs. Also, I actually use a Kaleidoscope instead of an MLB Imaginary Element (I don't have a MLB IE).

Now to reiterate what I said previously, but with pictures! Why do I type walls of text?...

Spoiler

q3OtwY4.png

Support Waver is from our SF member, QKumber.

1. Arash has a Kaleidoscope equipped so he can immediately NP after using his 3rd skill. A MLB Imaginary Element also works. (Yes, my Arash is grailed. I used 1 Grail on Arash, but if you get to a certain story chapter you may see why he's worth a Grail. Also, since he is a 1-star, he gets 10 levels instead of the usual 5.)
2. Kiyohime has Halloween Princess (50% NP Charge + 20% NP Effectiveness). I make use of her 3rd skill (Buster Up) to help her deal damage on the 2nd wave.
3. Support Waver. I like using the Bond CE Wavers.
4. Artoria has a normal Imaginary Element. I use her for the Lancer/Assassin Daily.
5&6: Extra Slots. I put them there for Bond farming, as well as to hold a Bond CE and the Mystic Code CE.

You may be concerned about the Team Cost. If you swap out the Extra Slot Servants for 1-Stars and ditch their CEs, you'll save 46 Points. Now, for a picture of a lower cost team...

wZ3TxNY.png

This is the 2 AoE NP method, which is what I used before building up Arash. (Remember, you can use the Plugsuit instead of Arash!) Also, I tried to keep the Team Cost low for accessibility.

We clear out the first wave using normal attacks (using Arts Cards if we need to before the NP). Then, we NP the 2nd and 3rd waves.

I use the Halloween Princess CE to more reliably clear the 2nd wave with Kiyo.

Extra Notes:
- Having higher NP levels help with the NP clear strat. NP levels are one of the reasons why lower rarity Servants are useful (aside from their cost).
- Use your Fous (Enhancement Material) on your wave clears for that extra ATK. 990 more ATK is pretty significant.
- Even if you have the NPs set, you may not do enough damage. Try upgrading ATK buff skills as well as trying a NP Charge CE with a bonus effect.

Double posting to express discontent against the forum's automated protection. I am not a robot! I use links as a useful resource and lots of BBCode to make things easier to read! Why you no let me edit my posts! /rant

On the post above, I accidentally put the Halloween Princess CE on Tamamo Cat instead of Kiyohime in the 2nd example. Tamamo Cat does enough damage while Kiyohime can use the 20% effectiveness to more reliably clear enemies.

Edit: And yes, Tamamo Cat is grailed too. However, she can get the job done without the grail. I put one on her since I used her for farming a lot, and she was my starting 4* character.

Edited by Sire
I can edit this post! Woo!

Since Sire's post didn't exactly pcture the image in a much more exact matter, let me reiterate in the best way possible

#1 tip to any new player who started playing FGO and asking about who to raise

Raise Arash

He really is THAT good, especially after clearing Camelot and unlocking his NP Interlude