Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say, with the stream for LB4 coming soon, is there anything you guys want to see? In terms of gameplay what are you guys hoping to see? Is there a “role” that is missing? Like how the Quick Support “role” was absent before Skadi.

Can someone here explain me the Sakata event in detail? 

I do not understand the deal of these oni battles. 

I cannot redo them after doing once, so I do not understand the purpose of the special stamina. 

Is it supposed to be meant to use weaker units and to lose on purpose for grinding damage points? 

31 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

I cannot redo them after doing once, so I do not understand the purpose of the special stamina. 

Is it supposed to be meant to use weaker units and to lose on purpose for grinding damage points? 

The non-repeatable raids are marked with [Decisive Battle] and cost 1 BP. Normally there are raids costing 1-3 BP to participate in.

You will want to farm either the 2 BP, 3M HP or the 3 BP, 6M HP raid if you are farming DP or shop currency.

I strongly recommend farming at least enough currency to get Kintoki’s NP copies, plus a max limit-broken (MLB) Golden Sumo CE. You need to accumulate at least 300M DP to obtain all the ladder rewards, so you’ll get some currency along the way. You can farm the rest from free quests. The Mountain Path, Tower, and Hot Springs on the highest difficulty are the best spots to grind bronze, silver, and gold shop currency respectively.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, Rosalina said:

To add on to what MrSmokestack said, if you haven't found the repeatable raid quests, you need to progress the story until you catch up with everyone else.  You won't really be able to grind the DP ladder until you're caught up.

For the next lost belt banner, there is:

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

William Tell

Capture.PNG
Lakshmi Bai being another saber face

and elephant stature that is a moon cancer? Perchaps it's Buddha in one of his forms?

Capture.PNG

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Looks like that Ganesha statue in the hunting quests did hint at something.

Spoiler

It's Jinako if some couldn't tell. She also appeared in all her belly glory in the pv.

So pakozerker was Arjuna according to Karna. Wonder what happened to him. Eitherway, we've got a long awaited rematch incoming.

If the pv is anything to go by we've got 5 more servants incoming. Tanned golden hair sword user, snake summoner, greymon?, wheel guy and Arjuna Alter. Oh, and I guess Tamamo Assassin if she's really appearing.

Edited by redlight

The first 3 batch of characters are solid. While gyaru saber isn't anywhere near Lan Ling's level she seems incredibly solid in her own right. If only her buff chance up wasn't tied to a guts. Oh well. Whatever. Her NP is AOE quick and removes offensive buffs😁

William seems solid. I don't know if he's story locked. Is a arts crit servant

For the BBW appreciatiors (all 7 of them in existence) you got Jinako. I can't tell if she's good or mediocre. Surprisingly enough she's a Moon Cancer servant

3 minutes ago, redlight said:

The first 3 batch of characters are solid. While gyaru saber isn't anywhere near Lan Ling's level she seems incredibly solid in her own right. If only her buff chance up wasn't tied to a guts. Oh well. Whatever. Her NP is AOE quick and removes offensive buffs😁

William seems solid. I don't know if he's story locked. Is a arts crit servant

For the BBW appreciatiors (all 7 of them in existence) you got Jinako. I can't tell if she's good or mediocre. Surprisingly enough she's a Moon Cancer servant

Here’s a translation of Jinako’s skill kit:

Skill 1: Party NP charge (10-20%), 3 turns atk up (10-20%), generate 5 stars per turn for 3 turns. 8 turns cooldown.

Skill 2: 1 turn taunt, 1000 damage cut for 1 turn, 3 turns atk up (20-30%). 7 turns cooldown.

Skill 3: Targetable 1 turn invincibility, NP gen up for 1 turn (20-30%), skill seal for 1 turn [Demerit]. 7 turns cooldown.

NP: 30% AoE def down for 3 turns, 450-750% AoE Arts damage, 1 turn invincibility, 2000-6000 self heal (overcharge).

Passives: Magic Resistance A (20% debuff resistance), Riding A (10% quick up), Divinity B (damage plus + 17

Also her HP is massive. 

Edited by Water Mage

Well I’ll be dammed. They actually made a girl legit chubby for once. The closest we ever gotten were characters like Scathach and Scheherazade who were on the soft side but more along the lines of curvy. As someone who appreciates softer ladies (done right), as well as having an affinity for elephants, me likey. 

William Tell looks pretty cool, it’s nice to have a more familiar figure this time around. Chocolate Saber gets a shrug from me though.

So about Arjuna Alter... No shit has he attained everything. All of his actives and passive are EX lol.

He seems very similar to Raikou and has a battery attached to his attack buff. His crit gather focuses on Buster cards whether you consider that good or bad.

IMO the only weak link in his kit is his guts

Seems like Jinako's bond CE is a slightly more powerful 2030

For those wondering about a certain surprise and whether or not he'll  be a new servant

Spoiler

Super Saiyan Red Karna is a costume

Also, Daybit summoned

Spoiler

a grand servant

Ah shit. This'll be fun. It seems that his LB is indeed in SA as I suspected from the location he appears in the OP. There's also a character from Type-moon lore there if it's lore still corresponds with LB's one.

Spoiler

It's Type Mercury

Edited by redlight

6 hours ago, Silverly said:

Well I’ll be dammed. They actually made a girl legit chubby for once.

Jinako was in CCC. She's a pseudoservant in FGO.

All the servants shown so far except maybe Jinako and Lakshmi look great. Arjuna Alter is essentially Raikou with Jeanne Alter's NP damage. Not an exaggeration in the slightest. It helps that his banner is really good too, featuring Ashwatthama aka Buster Hokusai.

Kinda disappointed the new 3* Caster is probably storylocked.  He seems interesting.  I wish storylocked/limited 3* weren't a thing...

I accidentally pulled on story gacha in JP yesterday (had intended to pull FP).  It gave me a fourth Saber Diarmuid, third Bedivere, and third CasCu.  ...And the CE awarded for clearing LB2.  I didn't know you could get extras of those, are they storylocked and that's why I hadn't pulled any before?  

But either way, one step closer to perfect Saber Diarmuid.  Just need some Stingers to finish that 10/10/10, one more copy, and a lot of Gold Fou.

20 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Kinda disappointed the new 3* Caster is probably storylocked.  He seems interesting.  I wish storylocked/limited 3* weren't a thing...

William Tell, Lakshmibai, and Ganesha are all unlimited. No word on Arjuna Alter, Ashwatthama, or Asclepius, but if the trend holds it's possible that last one will be limited sadly. Fully expecting Arjuna to be limited due to his role in the story though.

20 minutes ago, redlight said:

What are your thoughts on snake caster? He isn't summonable yet, but based off his datamine is he a solid servant?

The 3*? He's alright.

I generally shy away from servants that are completely support oriented, but no 3* servant currently has all the utility this guy does. He'll do well as Poster Girl fodder or for budget farming teams. He's the only non-Gold servant with a team NP battery, which gives him a lot more value.

Unfortunately, it's not enough to pull specifically for him, and if he's limited / story-locked I doubt he'll see much use.

Man they finally make a 3* caster not named Medea who isn’t meh to just awful... and the guy is likely doomed to being a storylock. I’d actually be fine if it was Tell that was locked while whatshisname was in the pool because while Tell looks great there’s already a surplus of solid 3* archers, but when it comes to the casters besides best witch... oof. 

Edited by Silverly

1 minute ago, Silverly said:

there’s already a surplus of solid 3* archers, but when it comes to the casters besides best witch... oof. 

Hey man. Paracelsus is basically better Nero Bride for Arts teams while Avicebron is a solid fodder option with Poster Girl. The latter is more niche but still pretty good.

14 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Man they finally make a 3* caster not named Medea who isn’t meh to just awful... and the guy is likely doomed to being a storylock. I’d actually be fine if it was Tell that was locked while whatshisname was in the pool because while Tell looks great there’s already a surplus of solid 3* archers, but when it comes to the casters besides best witch... oof. 

While not 3* Hans is F2P Caster that is really good. In fact, I wonder the 3* Caster compares to Hans.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I didn't know you could get extras of those, are they storylocked and that's why I hadn't pulled any before?  

They only exist in the Story gacha pool. None of the other banners have them.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

They only exist in the Story gacha pool. None of the other banners have them.

Thought it was probably like that, but was unsure if I was simply unlucky.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

While not 3* Hans is F2P Caster that is really good. In fact, I wonder the 3* Caster compares to Hans.

Hans is fairly regularly compared with 5 star servants, because his kit is pretty well put together.  From what it looks like, the new Caster is more of a defensive support, with heals, debuff cleanse, and party charge.  I think his second skill is also NP seal, though I'm not entirely sure.

At the very least, he's has enough different utility from Hans that he isn't overshadowed completely, like a lot of the lower rarity support Casters are, and a decent chunk of his utility hasn't been available at the lower rarities before, so hopefully he doesn't end up limited.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

LB4 Servants have been boring so far in terms of skill deisgn, to be honest. And by this i mean more in a sense that its a well rounded overall pool. None of that whacky distribution on LB3

I love how Jinako is for all intent and purpose literally Fionn

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hey man. Paracelsus is basically better Nero Bride for Arts teams

Eh... Paracelsus feels more like a crappy Waver than a budget Bride. The situations where you'd run Paracelsus over Bride are probably the same situations where you'd run Waver over Bride. (And you had Waver as an option in those situations you'd run Waver over Paracelsus.)