Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Eh... Paracelsus feels more like a crappy Waver than a budget Bride. The situations where you'd run Paracelsus over Bride are probably the same situations where you'd run Waver over Bride. (And you had Waver as an option in those situations you'd run Waver over Paracelsus.)

Nero Bride is primarily used for her 1st skill in Arts Blitz comps. Paracelsus is preferable over her on those teams because the boost to NP refund he gives is far greater.

You're not using Nero or Paracelsus as frontliners. You'll be suiciding them with Poster Girl or leaving them in front to get wiped by an AOE NP. This way you can set up the Arts DPS more easily.

For example, a team of DPS / Waver / Waver / Paracelsus / Caster Gil with Plugsuit and taunt CEs.

Edited by MrSmokestack

I am grinding for multiple hours everyday, but so far I have collected only 30 Mio damage points yet and still not enough resources for another Sakata copy. I am starting to get seriously worried since the event will end next week and my freetime will be over tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nero Bride is primarily used for her 1st skill in Arts Blitz comps. Paracelsus is preferable over her on those teams because the boost to NP refund he gives is far greater.

You're not using Nero or Paracelsus as frontliners. You'll be suiciding them with Poster Girl or leaving them in front to get wiped by an AOE NP. This way you can set up the Arts DPS more easily.

For example, a team of DPS Waver / Waver / Paracelsus / Caster Gil with Plugsuit and taunt CEs.

It takes a lot of NP gain for a Golden Rule equivalent to beat Waver's raw NP Gen, though, hence why I feel like Paracelsus ends up being a worse Waver. Waver doesn't refund at all, but 50% of a full bar is equivalent to 100% Golden Rule for the first NP. It's a bit worse if you manage to loop into 2 or 3 NPs, but most people who can do that have such overkill NP gain that Waver's 1st is enough to make them loop. I tend to value Waver's 1st as a 50% Golden Rule skill because of a combination of the fact that it front loads better---you can use it turn 1---and because if you only get 1 NP during the duration it's only a tiny bit worse than a 50% Golden Rule if you got one full gauge from it. (50% Golden Rule adds about 33.3% NP if you go from 0 NP to 100% NP.)

It's pretty much why I tend to take Waver over Bride or Tamamo to support Archuria, everything else being equal. Once the loop is going the other 2 perform similarly, but Waver's so much faster at getting things started that he ends up being my go-to loop enabler. (If you already have 2 Wavers you'd look into 2nd stringers like Paracelsus, but honestly he doesn't feel that much better than just letting Wavers' skills get off CD---or maybe even just running the -2 CD Mystic Code.)

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, Rosalina said:

I am grinding for multiple hours everyday, but so far I have collected only 30 Mio damage points yet and still not enough resources for another Sakata copy. I am starting to get seriously worried since the event will end next week and my freetime will be over tomorrow. 

Are you equipping all copies of "Hot Spring Under the Moon" that you have?  The videos I gave you I only use one, but the more you have the more damage you do.  It takes me about 5 minutes per run under these minimum conditions.  You need 34 runs of 3m to get all four lighters, and you already have ~10 of those done.   So that's 24 more, 24x5 = 95.  So about 1.5-2 h to get all the remaining lighters.

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

It takes a lot of NP gain for a Golden Rule equivalent to beat Waver's raw NP Gen, though, hence why I feel like Paracelsus ends up being a worse Waver. Waver doesn't refund at all, but 50% of a full bar is equivalent to 100% Golden Rule for the first NP. It's a bit worse if you manage to loop into 2 or 3 NPs, but most people who can do that have such overkill NP gain that Waver's 1st is enough to make them loop. I tend to value Waver's 1st as a 50% Golden Rule skill because of a combination of the fact that it front loads better---you can use it turn 1---and because if you only get 1 NP during the duration it's only a tiny bit worse than a 50% Golden Rule if you got one full gauge from it. (50% Golden Rule adds about 33.3% NP if you go from 0 NP to 100% NP.)

Paracelsus is not competing with Waver in an Arts blitz team though. He’s competing with Nero Bride.

I don’t follow your argument because I was not comparing Paracelsus to Waver. I was comparing Paracelsus to Nero Bride.

To demonstrate my point, here are a couple of videos. Note that many of these are before Para’s buff, which is why you’ll see Nero Bride used instead.

Spoiler

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Paracelsus is not competing with Waver in an Arts blitz team though. He’s competing with Nero Bride.

I don’t follow your argument because I was not comparing Paracelsus to Waver. I was comparing Paracelsus to Nero Bride.

To demonstrate my point, here are a couple of videos. Note that many of these are before Para’s buff, which is why you’ll see Nero Bride used instead.

Reveal hidden contents

Mind, the main reason I'd use Nero Bride would be if her face cards, her damaging NP, and her 2nd skill mattered*, because otherwise there's not enough reason to run her over Tamamo or Waver. Because of that I don't really think Paracelsus fills a similar role---he's more like Tamamo or Waver than Bride in an Arts team, someone with noodle arms but excellent support.

*Which is as much about the crit stars as the Atk Up. Which is why I think Caster Gil is the budget Bride of non 5* Arts Supports.

I'm looking more at the results of what bringing Paracelsus into the team does than how he does it. That is, I don't distinguish between NP loops that happen because you used Waver's skills to loop, you used a Golden Rule, or you stuffed a ton of Arts Ups. I mentioned Waver because I feel like he's the #1 support you need to compare Arts Supports to if you're NP looping shenanigans---Waver's amazing at starting the loop, decent at keeping the loop going, controls incoming damage pretty well, and also adds a decent amount of damage. (I couldn't see the last video, but the common theme of all the other teams is that Waver is on every single one of them.)

Pretty much the break down---for me---of Paracelsus is: Excellent ability to keep the loop going, adds a decent amount of damage (he's not very good at this, but even a 3* Caster's AoE NP is still an NP, and 20% Arts Up isn't nothing), and good damage control assuming you're using Poster Girl. Bride is okayish at all of those, but the situations where you'd run her for those things are the situations where Waver and Tamamo is straight up better than her.

I like Bride and all, but if you don't click her cards I don't see any reason to run her over, say, Kaleidoscope Tamamo who you swap out after using her stuff.

Thinking about it more, though, I guess it wasn't that fair to compare Paracelsus to Waver, Tamamo might've been the better comparison for someone who's only brought in to use their skillset once. (Off-topic: Tamamo looks damn sweet now, tbh. She can fill the role of your 2nd Waver in terms of starting the loop by using a Kaleidoscope and NPing for the teamwide Gauge, and then you use her NP Up and Arts Up and plugsuit her out for a fresh Waver.)

@DehNutCase Yeah, I agree. If I had to rank the  niche Arts supports in a blitz comp I’d probably go Caster Gil > Tamamo > Para > Nero. I would say Tamamo pre-buff was arguably the weakest of the four because Gil had better buff value. Then she got her Curse strengthen.

Waver and Skadi are essential for starting loops in a blitz comp. It’s not uncommon to double up on them even if the DPS has a battery because Black Grail sets you to 0% NP. The other supports (like Para, Nero etc) are used to extend  it.

The original point I wanted to make was that there are good Casters in the 3* pool other than Medea. Paracelsus post-buff sees use as a combo extender in high-end Arts Blitz comps.

On that note, Mephistopheles to a lesser extent is also situationally useful. He gives some crit stars and can negate troublesome break bar buffs like Defense Up. Very helpful with a Poster Girl on him.

Interesting. A form that the Watcher servant from strange fake is the childhood self of the new caster.

Oh so that's why his artist's name was familiar. Same person who drew Innes, Arvis and Saias

Edited by redlight

11 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

NA stream was apparently as expected:  Agartha news and animation update preview, with no sign of anniversary info.  Most likely they're planning to keep 'anniversary' to AX (probably to emulate FGO Fes without actually hosting their own con).

Yeah, that stream was a mess.

Anyone here finished LB4? I got it done last night.

20 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah, that stream was a mess.

Anyone here finished LB4? I got it done last night.

I've got two fights left.

Spoiler

Gonna hold off on killing Alterjuna the second time until command seals recharge.  He just does so much damage, and I'm reliant on Lanling's NP for damage mitigation in LB because badMash is bad.

At least Tree doesn't seem quite as bad, having the archer to steal turns from it.

Most of the LB aside from this final stretch was pretty easy though.

Sometimes the luck in this game is weird. I did a 10 roll summon to see if I could get Raikou as I wanted a AoE Berserker for farming other than Kiyohime, and ended up getting Heracles and Vlad. Both are good so I can’t complain, but does this gacha has a desire sensor or something?

4 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I've got two fights left.

Reveal hidden contents

Gonna hold off on killing Alterjuna the second time until command seals recharge.  He just does so much damage, and I'm reliant on Lanling's NP for damage mitigation in LB because badMash is bad.

At least Tree doesn't seem quite as bad, having the archer to steal turns from it.

Most of the LB aside from this final stretch was pretty easy though.

Spoiler

Ortenaus Mash is fantastic for both Arjuna fights though.

Defense buffs are completely useless here because Arjuna stacks Atk and crit rate buffs. Deleting a servant in a single hit without critting isn’t that uncommon.

Edited by MrSmokestack

That feeling when you got to almost 900 million damage points because the 3BP fight has the best drop rate for pages.

: /

The pacing of Onigashima made it feel a lot longer than normal events, even though it's just a regular 2 week event. Probably because I usually chill for the last few days of other events, but this event had me grinding more or less to the end.

I am finally released! 

Ended up with 105 Mio by getting a summoning ticket. I got all the lighters and at least 2/3 more Sakata copies. Since I started with that event about a week after date of release, I am happy with the results. 

That summoning ticket gave me another Suzuka copy which is nice. 

On 6/19/2019 at 11:15 PM, MrSmokestack said:
  Hide contents

Ortenaus Mash is fantastic for both Arjuna fights though.

Defense buffs are completely useless here because Arjuna stacks Atk and crit rate buffs. Deleting a servant in a single hit without critting isn’t that uncommon.

Yeah i legit wont even consider her in this fight while i wont even be mad if they force Ort into the fight. Shes an amazing unit in these kind of content 

Tamamo with Waver buff and 2nd skill up is 2 Shot by no crits. Thats how fucked up the damage gets

The 30 SQ are probably the same 30 SQ that JP got from Mafia's "Rule Breaker" in the 2nd anniversary livestream.  For the rest of the anniversary rewards it'll probably be like last year where it gets delayed to coincide with JP anniversary and Anime Expo.

Getting those 30sq for the Eresh saving funds is appreciated. From what I've heard we're also getting another 80 from completing the main singularities which is pretty cool. 

Agartha doesn't seem so bad right now, although I can't say it's good either. I couldn't help but think of "Death by Snu Snu" when talking to Berserker of El Dorado.